IGNORED

Fun Food Finds

LadyCrow1313

I found this @ an HMart a few months ago, & found that they are super tasty. I highly recommend them. 👍

On the alternate side of things, I've tried the green tea & orange flavors of KitKats (from a local import store), & wasn't super impressed. To me, the green tea was super chalky & gross tasting, & the orange wasn't overly exciting. 

That being said, I always love to try new foods, especially if they're rare to me/international. It doesn't always work out well, certainly, but that's part of the fun. 

Have you tried anything new lately? 

IMG_20210814_192500344.jpg

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Fun Food Finds

The only thing that I've eaten lately that was new to me was some poached pears at the family reunion dinner allowing my father-in-law's memorial service.  I was the only person at my table that ate it all.  I thought it was delicious, but apparently I was the only one who did.

I wasn't going to buy the season 5 Milk Street cookbook, but I've seen a few recipes I really want to make like the Z'aatar oil flatbread they made this afternoon.  The flatbreads looked divine!  Maybe I need the new cookbook after all.

• Upvote 2

• Recent Status Updates

• BlackberryGirl

BlackberryGirl

The Berries were born in Highland Park Hospital. We went to the 4th of July Parade every year until we moved here. I’ve been crying all day. This is horrible. We are just waiting for a list of victims to make sure none of our old friends from those days were hurt. I HATE this.
      · 1 reply
    • meep

meep

Already after the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, I was already NOT feeling 4th of July and felt it was ridiculous to celebrate. Now a mass shooting at a parade in a town nearby. Multiple fatalities. Everyone has to shelter in place in their homes, can't go outside, because shooter is still on the loose. Nearby towns canceling their celebrations due to public safety concerns. Wow guys, how free we are! What a great country we live in! Aren't you grateful for all this freedom?! /s
      The usa, what a fucking joke. 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

47of74

Yeah in my case he’d be even more ripped. 

· 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Had some bad news out of Dubuque today - 3 teenagers were killed in a one car accident where the driver had been speeding and flipped his car. 
      I feel so sorry for their families and friends now.  It also brought back painful memories for me and some of my classmates because my junior year of high school three of our classmates were killed in an accident as well.   One I had known since elementary school.
      · 1 reply
    • moodygirl86

moodygirl86

Hey FJers, long time. Sorry I've not posted in like forever - life just sometimes gets in the way.
      During the lockdown, I did various temporary jobs (shelf stacking in Wilko, and also working from home doing call centre type stuff, including Test and Trace) but hope to go busking soon. I need to practise my set as my guitar/singing has got a bit rusty!
      Since I last posted, I have become a cat mum! My housemate with Lilith had to move abroad and wasn't able to take her with him, so I inherited her. She'll be two in August but still looks and acts like a kitten. I love her more than life itself.

· 4 replies
    • VooDooChild

VooDooChild

The colonoscopy prep drink is absolutely disgusting. 
      · 8 replies
    • SillyDillys

SillyDillys

Sooo. I turned down the new job, realized I've been scammed.

Also today I'm 26 and drunk right now. My amazing husband took me to Chicago to a rooftop bar and I'm so glad my mom is here to babysit and I pumped enough to last her a few days
      · 3 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Yeah looking at you Twin Cities drivers...

· 0 replies
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

My former JW stepdaughter has just come out as pro-choice!!!
      · 1 reply
    • petrushka

petrushka

With the fall of Roe v. Wade, now would be a great time to start taxing religious institutions so we can increase funding for women's and children's health and education services.  Males 18-25 still have to register for Selective Service; how about adding a DNA database to that requirement to help track down impregnators and hold them responsible for their part?

· 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.