IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

Gentle reminder to readers of this thread that our one account per person policy is solid and we mean it. Don't create socks. You WILL be banned.

Edited by Destiny
Edited to fix box.
  • Upvote 14

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess it’s good it came out a month before Halloween. Gwen would be an easy Halloween costume. 

People will think you are the bride of Frankenstein with blonde hair :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

Thank you. I thought I had read in the 1st thread that this was her 3rd covenant marriage.

Yeah RF have wiped all evidence of her previous marriage but the wayback machine still has it:

Here she is the photo of her ex-sister-in-law's wedding:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

21 hours ago, Destiny said:

The hair and the makeup, just how and why? I don't have many friends, but even I have a couple people in my life that would send me home for a hairbrush, shampoo, and a facewash if i showed up in public even close to looking like that.

I was in a car with some RF people once and they were playing one of Gwen's DVDs and I heard her say something about her hair.  So, this is not word for word, but what I took from what she said.  She said that if someone was distracted by her hair, then they weren't really interested in the truth if they would let that distract them.  Something along the lines of weeding out people who weren't pure or seeking the truth.

So, maybe as someone suggested, she used the trinity to see how many people would stick with her through that and she used the hair to separate out those that would be thinking critically and would present a challenge to her.

I know I never used to understand why when I get scam emails, the scammers didn't hire someone who knew English better as there were plenty of grammar mistakes, etc.  and it was easy to realize it was a scam.  Later, I saw an article that said this is done on purpose.  The scammers are looking for uneducated, gullible people and don't want to waste their time on people who might see through the scam as time goes on.  Maybe it was the same with Gwen.  She only wanted the most faithful followers and not people who would cause problems when they saw through her.

Edited by RFFriend
wrong word used
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

The scammers are looking for uneducated, gullible people and don't want to waste their time on people who might see through the scam as time goes on.  Maybe it was the same with Gwen.  She only wanted the most faithful followers and not people who would cause problems when they saw through her.

Sounds the same as that dude who managed to scam his way into the White House a few years ago, too!

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Laura2730 said:

What in the fresh hell is Gwen trying to wear at the ex-SIL'S wedding? 🙈😱

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

LOL and why did she stick a white, non matching tulle petticoat under it?

Honestly I kind of like the deconstructed post-apocalyptic look of the dress, but I can't imagine wearing that to a wedding, much less when officiating one. 

I will say that Remnant aesthetically does weddings VERY well, in an almost scarily Pinterest-perfect sort of way. Frankly if I were Elizabeth I'd consider dumping the whole "church" mess and set up a turnkey full service wedding and event business. They clearly have all the resources to make it work.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

LOL and why did she stick a white, non matching tulle petticoat under it?

Honestly I kind of like the deconstructed post-apocalyptic look of the dress, but I can't imagine wearing that to a wedding, much less when officiating one. 

I will say that Remnant aesthetically does weddings VERY well, in an almost scarily Pinterest-perfect sort of way. Frankly if I were Elizabeth I'd consider dumping the whole "church" mess and set up a turnkey full service wedding and event business. They clearly have all the resources to make it work.

That's not a bad idea.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

It's her fairy godmother on crack costume, DUH. Y U GOTTA BE SO JUDGY FOR? ;)

ETA: I'm being sarcastic above. I might have said something similar except mine was actual fuck instead of fresh hell. Hypothetically, of course.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

58 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

I was in a car with some RF people once and they were playing one of Gwen's DVDs and I heard her say something about her hair.  So, this is not word for word, but what I took from what she said.  She said that if someone was distracted by her hair, then they weren't really interested in the truth if they would let that distract them.  Something along the lines of weeding out people who weren't pure or seeking the truth.

So, maybe as someone suggested, she used the trinity to see how many people would stick with her through that and she used the hair to separate out those that would be thinking critically and would present a challenge to her.

I know I never used to understand why when I get scam emails, the scammers didn't hire someone who knew English better as there were plenty of grammar mistakes, etc.  and it was easy to realize it was a scam.  Later, I saw an article that said this is done on purpose.  The scammers are looking for uneducated, gullible people and don't want to waste their time on people who might see through the scam as time goes on.  Maybe it was the same with Gwen.  She only wanted the most faithful followers and not people who would cause problems when they saw through her.

I was the one who said that. I really don’t think it’s a coincidence that many cult leaders have done this. Warren Jeffs has gotten downright insane with his proclamations from prison. All that’s left are a small amount of mostly women. Because he’s said no one is allowed to have sex. So of course most will leave. He truly does have those “true believers” left. You would have to be all in to actually obey his rules from prison. 

• Upvote 12

Why, oh why, have I fallen down this Gwen Shamblin/Remnant church rabbit hole?  I need to be job searching and other stuff.  I need an intervention, quick!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

22 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I've absolutely read that Nora Roberts trilogy four or five times.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

Thank you. I thought I had read in the 1st thread that this was her 3rd covenant marriage.

I thought you said ‘convenient’ wedding 🤦🏾‍♀️ 😂 

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

Yeah RF have wiped all evidence of her previous marriage but the wayback machine still has it:

Here she is the photo of her ex-sister-in-law's wedding:

I was so confused when I got to the bottom of the page with her first wedding about why the blue suit from her second wedding was also pictured. Then my snarky little heart realised there is a direct link to her second wedding on the page of her first one! *chefs kiss!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

I was so confused when I got to the bottom of the page with her first wedding about why the blue suit from her second wedding was also pictured. Then my snarky little heart realised there is a direct link to her second wedding on the page of her first one! *chefs kiss!!!

I couldn't figure out how to get the links on the Wayback Machine to work.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

I thought you said ‘convenient’ wedding 🤦🏾‍♀️ 😂 

Well, it was pretty convenient that another man popped up so quickly. Btw, did Shambles make an exception and approve a divorce for the 1st marriage, or did Mr. Langsdon just file for divorce anyway, and escape The Raggedy Remnant?

1 minute ago, freefromthin said:

I couldn't get the 1st one to work, but the others popped up.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

Neither for the first one.

It also made me realise how similar the weddings were that it took me actually concentrating to notice that the first one was done and it was a link to the second one. Having most of the women in white and off-white shades makes it much harder to differentiate between the bride and random attendees. When your entire congregation tends Caucasian and thin, I need more visual cues apparently! 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

Well, it was pretty convenient that another man popped up so quickly. Btw, did Shambles make an exception and approve a divorce for the 1st marriage, or did Mr. Langsdon just file for divorce anyway, and escape The Raggedy Remnant?

I couldn't get the 1st one to work, but the others popped up.

When I tried the 3rd or 4th time, they worked, and then I was able to see what people were taking about with the link for the second wedding being on the same page as that of the first. Remnant likes to boast of having healed marriages. I guess they either don't realize or care that these other weddings are still visible on the net.

• Upvote 4

I've been trying to keep up with you all, but damn! you are fast! 

I have wondered for 20 years what Gwen's motivation was behind RF. When I was a christian, I couldnt decide if she was pure satanic evil, or if she actually believed her bullshit and had good motivations. Now, I realize that she very well could have a narcessictic personality disorder, and other power and greed make people do crazy stuff. But I can tell give a little insight to the timeline:

I do know that when Gwen started talking about the counterfeit church, and how the mainstream churches were letting people live in their sin, it caused a lot of anguish in Gwen's devotees. Many spent time talking with their church leaders and pastors and begging them to preach Gwen's truth- about laying down sin "for good."  I'm not sure if this was before or after the trinity statement or Desert Oasis.  I do believe it was a calculated move on her (or their?) part. 

But I also believe that her trinity beliefs directly connected to her perspective that humans could be perfect/sin-free because "Jesus was God's son, not God." ie: a perfect human.  You can see how it could quickly spiral in to a cult.

Pastors stick with their current sermons, despite Gwen's followers, and they become angry, sad, and disgusted that a supposed person of faith would let people keep sinning. Gwen releases her trinity statement around the same time, and pastors reject all WD materials/classes. This makes Gwen's followers even more conflicted: "Maybe she is right? they are rejecting the TRUTH." Meanwhile, the only media they are consuming is WD/WD advanced- tapes, videos, conference calls etc. It was all consuming. Calls to and from Brentwood. Conference calls to WD leaders in various states become more like "church," then eventually, it is their only church. Families are confused, and sad. It becomes more extreme, and people start moving to TN. 

I believe there were MANY divorces or threats of divorce in the beginning- in fact i think they encouraged it at first if a spouse was not "in the truth."  I think some people joined in order to keep their spouse from divorcing them. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I will say after being involved in many remnant wedding and seeing how they run, this really is a skill set they excelled at. I actually apply a lot of their methods and concepts to events and when I have been involved in weddings since leaving

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, RFsurvivor said:

I will say after being involved in many remnant wedding and seeing how they run, this really is a skill set they excelled at. I actually apply a lot of their methods and concepts to events and when I have been involved in weddings since leaving

Would you be comfortable sharing g some of the tips on event planning you’ve learned?  I am always interested in making things go mire smoothly! 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Would you be comfortable sharing g some of the tips on event planning you’ve learned?  I am always interested in making things go mire smoothly! 

Sure! One of the biggest things is giving everyone a job and be clear with what they do. If you are in charge make sure you don’t assume they know what to do. Over communicating is better than under communication and every one thinks someone else is picking up the cake. 

Have a point person who is managing the details. For a wedding it would be the day of coordinator. They make sure people are where they need to be, that no one is missing something and gets the last minute issues solved before they become problems. They greatly benefit from having a few trusted people to go get things done. When families are involved having helpers who know the family members help a lot because you don’t have to explain the family tree, the helper can get the right flowers to the right person. 

Random things for weddings:

pack the couple to go containers once food is available. They will not eat enough at the ceremony. This makes sure food doesn’t run out and the couple gets to try the food they paid for. This is especially important for Buffett style receptions. 

Have someone checking in to make sure they are atleast drinking water and have had something to eat to avoid fatigue. 

emergency kits for dress repairs, get a person in a dress or out of one if they got sewed in. Also products to remove makeup from wedding dresses. Do research first but i had to get lipstick out of a wedding dress about 10 minute before she was walking down the aisle. Stressful as hell 

have a list of photos you want in advance for all the family combos and bridal party. Have two copies. One for photographer and one for a helper to check off and help find grandma for the next one on the list. 

anything that can be prepped in advance, do it. 

This one always bothered me, have real food before the event so you aren’t starving! I had real lunch brought in for my bridesmaids and they were so happy because most remnant brides had cheese and crackers. We had chicken nuggets 😂

have a clear schedule with who goes where, exact location of where, what to bring. This will stop many last minute texts of what time do I need to be at the venue.  

Designate a person to be the point of contact for last minute questions that is NOT in the couple being married! They don’t need to worry or know the last minute issues! Less stress for them the better!

if I think of any more I’ll respond again but it’s getting late and I should go to bed 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 3

@RFsurvivor, Just the tips about staying hydrated and having real food for the bridal party pre-ceremony has surely prevented  a lot of faintings!

Love the lists - and adore the delegating. That’s my downfall - I think I can do more than I can and get flustered.

Thank you and if you think of a part 2, kniw thst I’ll be taking notes again! :) 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Chuppahs optional?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic