IGNORED

Skirts Only

meee

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I went with black, heathered gray, purple, teal, and aqua with a few purple speckles. The aqua is also lightly sparkly. Aqua is from a long ago KnitCrate and the rest is Cliudborn that was on sale recently (the purple is cloudborn but dyed by Malabrigo). I might add that lavender at the top as an accent if it seems to need it! I have a ton of Tosh light from the mega sale before Jimmy beans bought them, but it’s all speckled and variegated and sparkly which sounds like not the best for this one  so I went with plainer ones.

DA43FC4D-5F3C-4C8E-937A-F130662E73EE.thumb.jpeg.d4f724e4cf752c0f3d10cf01720518be.jpeg

i did starflake year before last and it was difficult but awesome. 

Gorgeous colors! That teal and eggplant just sing next to each other. I agree with keeping the lavender close by. Stephen seems to always have ideas for embellishing with pop of extra color or sparkle. Hmm. I have some of that Tosh sale yarn too and I think there were some solids in there. . . 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Gorgeous colors! That teal and eggplant just sing next to each other. I agree with keeping the lavender close by. Stephen seems to always have ideas for embellishing with pop of extra color or sparkle. Hmm. I have some of that Tosh sale yarn too and I think there were some solids in there. . . 

I also have some random blue sequin stuf that’s meant to be held alongside something else- I might add that maybe somewhere. I like sparkle!

oh and thanks!!

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 1

I used to wear skirts more often than I do now, but these days I only wear them as a dressier shorts-substitute on hot days.  I hate not having pockets and often with skirts it feels like my undies are about to fall down (I'm chubbier in the waist than in the hips).  So I have one style of skirt that I like which hits just above the knee and I keep buying them in new colors each year and wear them with bike shorts under to solve the chub-rub and undies-falling-down issues.  They are great for travel as they are lightweight, don't wrinkle much, and look less "American tourist"-y than shorts.  The rest of the time I'm in jeans or similar pants in a fabric that has some stretch but holds everything in place and HAS POCKETS.  

• Upvote 4

On 9/25/2021 at 12:25 PM, Cheetah said:

I used to wear skirts more often than I do now, but these days I only wear them as a dressier shorts-substitute on hot days.  I hate not having pockets and often with skirts it feels like my undies are about to fall down (I'm chubbier in the waist than in the hips).  So I have one style of skirt that I like which hits just above the knee and I keep buying them in new colors each year and wear them with bike shorts under to solve the chub-rub and undies-falling-down issues.  They are great for travel as they are lightweight, don't wrinkle much, and look less "American tourist"-y than shorts.  The rest of the time I'm in jeans or similar pants in a fabric that has some stretch but holds everything in place and HAS POCKETS.  

They sound wonderful - can you share the brand?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

If we are sharing comfy clothing, that are especially friendly to curvier women, I have to share these bras....https://www.yummie.com/collections/bras/products/nylon-tanya-bralette.  They are the kind you are supposed to "step in" and "step out" of.  Disclaimer, I work in I.T., from home, so I dont care what they look like on.  But there is a bit of uniboob appearance with them. However, for those of us who dont care about that, THESE ARE SO COMFORTABLE.  They are like leggings for your breasts.  They provide just enough support for my plus sized self, without squashing.  And the straps never fall down your shoulders.  Its about as close to the "not wearing a bra feeling" while still proving support, as I've ever found.  No, sadly, they aren't paying me for posting this. heh

• Thank You 3

On 9/16/2021 at 12:33 PM, Alisamer said:

My mom is big on the capri pants in a pastel with a matching polo or button up short sleeve shirt with a print or something on them. I told my sisters and her that if I ever start wearing those, please have me get a cognitive assessment. Nothing wrong with them, but they are so incredibly NOT me. 

They used to give those out in little vinyl pockets that snap closed - at the bank, I think, on rainy days. 

When we cleaned out my grandparents house we found FIFTY of them. My grandma kept everything.

I did not know we had the same mother.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5