IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

There are a few snarky ugly comments on that Instagram post that I wish had been deleted. 

I didn’t read the comments before I posted the link (I just looked at the pictures). They don’t seem to be there now and the comments have been limited. I hope it wasn’t anyone from here. Did you get screenshots of them? 

7 minutes ago, adidas said:

I didn’t read the comments before I posted the link (I just looked at the pictures). They don’t seem to be there now and the comments have been limited. I hope it wasn’t anyone from here. Did you get screenshots of them? 

I saw one comment that asked "Why do people have a baby shower for their sixth kid?"

Maybe this person remembers the Wallers had a baby shower when she was pregnant with Destiny (#4).  Or maybe they just remember the old days when there was only one baby shower for a first child. Either way the baby shower does seem a little grifting, but YMMV.

• Upvote 3

I wouldn’t be surprised if the church just wanted to throw a party for them. They are still fairly new to the church leadership role and I’m thinking they all might love the Pecans as much as Hilary Spivey. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

Every baby should be wanted and celebrated! I crochet new blankets and cute do-dahs for all the new humans in my life. Each kiddo should have their own “woobie” made just for them. 

I was at a shower where the pregnant person was a surrogate for her sister. The mom-to-be bought the pregnant aunt a beautiful gold “Best Aunt” necklace. I cried. It was just so beautiful. 

I haven’t been to an in-person shower since January of 2020. I miss them. I miss so many things. 

Some days are harder than others and today is a just a hard day. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 28

1 hour ago, adidas said:

They don’t seem to be there now and the comments have been limited. I hope it wasn’t anyone from here. Did you get screenshots of them? 

No, I didn't think to document but this is the comment: 

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I saw one comment that asked "Why do people have a baby shower for their sixth kid?"

...and someone responded: "Greed."  It just seemed incredibly mean spirited. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

My grandpa born in 1930 wore pink shirts to church. He had coral/peach ones too. One thing I loved about him is that he didn’t give a shit about certain gender roles bullshit. He always did the dishes, he liked romance novels, and wore pink shirts. He didn’t give a single fuck what anyone thought about it either. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 12

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My grandpa born in 1930 wore pink shirts to church. He had coral/peach ones too. One thing I loved about him is that he didn’t give a shit about certain gender roles bullshit. He always did the dishes, he liked romance novels, and wore pink shirts. He didn’t give a single fuck what anyone thought about it either. 

IIRC in Victorian times pink = boy babies & … I don’t remember what = girls. One of my sisters taught school & made her love of pink known. One birthday, all the male teachers wore pink shirts to show their regard for her. Adorable! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

27 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

IIRC in Victorian times pink = boy babies & … I don’t remember what = girls. One of my sisters taught school & made her love of pink known. One birthday, all the male teachers wore pink shirts to show their regard for her. Adorable! 

Pretty sure it was pink for boys and light/pale blue for girls. Because pink is a watered down version of red, which was for men? And blue was demure enough for women? Can’t remember proper reasoning!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Before the 1940s it was pink for boys, because pink in the (face) cheeks was seen as healthy and hearty. It was blue for girls, because the blessed virgin mother Mary wears blue. Later it was switched because pink was close to red, which was romantic and emotional like girls. 🙄

3 hours ago, Howl said:

No, I didn't think to document but this is the comment: 

...and someone responded: "Greed."  It just seemed incredibly mean spirited. 

I surprised to see this, because Free Jinger is usually anti-grifting. Then again I wouldn't post a public comment on Instagram.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

They posted a video on YouTube. I edited the link out because I can’t remember if it’s allowed. It’s very easy to find though. 

David is wearing a pink shirt in the video. Love it! 

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, JmW said:

Pecan # 6 is here. Deborah Joy was born Jan. 19. 

Ha! I think I may have guessed that (over in the baby name guessing thread?), and people said no way would they name a girl Deborah, for some biblical reason. 

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

Ha! I think I may have guessed that (over in the baby name guessing thread?), and people said no way would they name a girl Deborah, for some biblical reason. 

Deborah took the lead in battle when the men couldn’t make up their minds to act. Thus she is seen as an example of the TeRrIbLe ThinG that happened when men aren’t STRONG MANLY LEADERS! The best some conservatives can  say about ole Deb* is that “she didn’t want to usurp the G-given order of Creation and Authoriteh, but she didn’t have a choice. And nothing like that should ever happen again, men.” I guess it is one of the few times I’ve heard men fussed at For their conduct.

Anyhoo:

I hope they’re pronouncing it the Hebrew way: Deh-BORE-uh :) 

*Meaning no disrespect to the prophet Deborah. At least I didn’t say “Debbie!”

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sounds like my grandpa who was born in 1923 and loved Rom-Coms and cried without shame while watching them.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The pink, coral, peach, light green grandpa shirts were a real trend! My grandpa wore them in summer all the time. But it didn't mean they fought gender roles at all. Basically (at least in my town), it was what elder men or their wives found fashionable. Plain pastel shirts in a daily basis, white shirts for weddings, dark shirts forbidden. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I hope they’re pronouncing it the Hebrew way: Deh-BORE-uh :) 

Nope. In the video they say it more like deb-ra.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

They are pronouncing it Deb-rah Jooooooyyyy. The video is basically them saying they're grateful baby came quickly, they're blessed that their other children are excited for a new sister and loving/considerate to the parents, some Bible quotes thrown in. 

Screenshot_20220120_114224.thumb.jpg.61966ce76bd3e26538ae69f76fee6325.jpgScreenshot_20220120_114210.thumb.jpg.abb779138a2a56de61aa8d134206d8f9.jpg

I'm always struck by how creepy the Pecans are but also by how they both seem to genuinely enjoy their lives/roles and children. They definitely were an arranged marriage (who can forget Pecan's depressing forced-into-marriage story?), but it seems to have worked out quite well for them. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 3

I’m surprised they went so traditional with the name. Now I’m thinking if they have another girl, she could be Dorothy. I’m completely fine with the name Deborah. There are very few her age. She won’t be lost in a sea of Deborahs. I’m sure they will call her Debbie when small. 

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan changed the title to Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

I’m always so surprised how Pricilla gets dressed up and looks so great after like RIGHT after birth. I’m happy they are both healthy and stuff… 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

34 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

I’m always so surprised how Pricilla gets dressed up and looks so great after like RIGHT after birth. I’m happy they are both healthy and stuff… 

It makes me want to buy her a cute and comfy house dress and robe to wear after she gives birth. Denim skirts aren’t that comfortable. Especially right after having a baby. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic