IGNORED

Dillards 90: Degrees, Exams, Vacations and Vaccinations, Oh MY!

nelliebelle1197

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was thinking Jill might want to get pregnant again once Derick graduated. It’s too bad she miscarried. I hope her parents don’t push that crap that birth control causes miscarriages. 

Jill was not using hormonal birth control anyway, and thats what some fundies think causes miscarriages.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

If her Parents were to push the bullshit that her miscarriage was caused by gods will, use of contraceptives', or lack of prayer and obedience to JB and Of'JB i hope that it will just reinforce the knowledge in Jill that her parents are not good people. 

Took me almost 50 years to understand and accept that sometimes our parents are not good people, and what we considered to be out shortcomings aren't ours, but theirs.  

• Upvote 26
  • Love 2

So sorry to hear this. Whose left that hasn't experienced a miscarriage among her sisters and in laws? None of them used hormonal BC. How does Michelle explain that...🤔😕

• Upvote 16

2 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

So sorry to hear this. Whose left that hasn't experienced a miscarriage among her sisters and in laws? None of them used hormonal BC. How does Michelle explain that...🤔😕

you're looking for critical thinking and the ability to admit they were wrong here. Never will happen.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 25

Abbie, Kendra, Katey and Claire haven't experienced miscarriages. At least as far as we know.

Every married Duggar girl had one. So yes, they should clearly know that miscarriages are not caused by birth control. 

Poor Jill and family.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

So sorry to hear this. Whose left that hasn't experienced a miscarriage among her sisters and in laws? None of them used hormonal BC. How does Michelle explain that...[emoji848][emoji53]

Unfortunately in this case, probably the vaccine.
  • Upvote 14
  • Fuck You 4
  • Downvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 5

I know that it's more common to announce early in the pregnancy now that it used to be, but I wonder how they explained the miscarriage to their kids? Are they grieving it too?

And Jill has said in her videos that she "personally knows" people who miscarried because they were taking the birth control pill, and that's why she and Derick use non-hormonal contraceptives.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Could be anything, with the fundie tendency to use Bible verses as fortune cookies. However, if I wanted to jump on the ISB, I wonder if word has gone out in the family that a certain sibling has decided to change his plea. 

I just read she had a miscarriage but before I did and when I read this and saw that she had been offline for a bit my mind went straight to miscarriage. Poor dearie. The only saving grace for her is her faith and that she believes she will see her baby again. A Lovely belief in a horrible time. 

• Upvote 10

When you’re in a large family where couples are prolifically procreating, numbers wise, there will be many losses. Frankly, I’m impressed/surprised  that beyond Josie ( and the Duggars were verrrrrry fortunate with that outcome, despite being anti education and jobs and employed women), that there haven’t been any other untoward  neonatal outcomes (birth defects, congenital or genetic issues) in any surviving children.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 12

52 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Did Jill mention how many weeks?

She has a hashtag for first trimester and mentioned the miscarriage was a few days after they learnt of the pregnancy. So I imagine not far in. Though she and Derick had told the children, which makes it even sadder.

Edited by FrumperedCat
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

I like that they used a gender neutral name for their micarried child and are using gender neutral language. This seems... progressive for them.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 19

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I like that they used a gender neutral name for their micarried child and are using gender neutral language. This seems... progressive for them.

I assume it just means they weren’t far enough along to know the sex, but since others (*cough* Michelle *cough* Lauren) have just randomly assigned a gender to a miscarried baby before I stull think it’s progress.

Poor Dillards. I wondered if they were planning on more children, and it seems another baby would have been given plenty of time and attention. I’m glad Jill’s faith is bringing her comfort.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 12

14 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

They don't believe ALL miscarriage is caused by hormonal birth control. They do understand that this can happen, for example I don't believe anybody would have accused Lauren of using birth control when she lost Asa, let alone Joy with Annabell. It was just a neat way for JB and M to blame their Caleb miscarriage on the evilness of the world. By the law of averages, a lot of Duggar girls and daughters-in-law are going to have miscarriages and as a clan raised within a fertility cult culture, they will absolutely know that not every pregnancy ends in live birth.

I feel very sad for Jill. I've had 5 miscarriages, but the two I had after my (living, healthy) daughter have had a particular poignancy for me. Jill must have been imagining that baby in their family, how the boys would respond etc. For me, losing that vision of what my child would be like as an older sibling, and my excitement at being able to give her that gift, hit me harder than losing pregnancies before I had a child in the world.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 43

16 minutes ago, meee said:

I don’t know why people are downvoting this. The question was how is MICHELLE going to explain Jill’s miscarriage, not why does @jljohnson527 think it happened. And I agree—since she can’t blame hormonal BC I absolutely wouldn’t put it past Michelle to claim that Jill miscarried because she got vaccinated.

Thank you for posting this. I was one of those who downvoted, but went back after reading your post and I see that I read it without carefully reading the quoted section being replied to. Sorry about that @jljohnson527 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I don’t know why people are downvoting this. The question was how is MICHELLE going to explain Jill’s miscarriage, not why does [mention=25711]jljohnson527[/mention] think it happened. And I agree—since she can’t blame hormonal BC I absolutely wouldn’t put it past Michelle to claim that Jill miscarried because she got vaccinated.

Thanks for the assist here [emoji3].

I do not think vaccines actually cause miscarriages. I do think Jill will have to fight off a ton of nonsense about it. Which sucks.
  • Upvote 29
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

It's got to be hard to deal with finding Derick out didn't pass the BAR (no shade, tests suck) and then have the joy of a desired pregnancy and then experience the miscarriage. All while your past abuser is continuing to fight CSAM charges and receiving continued support from your parents. Those are a lot of potentially difficult and/or traumatic experiences in a short time.

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 18

13 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

It's got to be hard to deal with finding Derick out didn't pass the BAR (no shade, tests suck) and then have the joy of a desired pregnancy and then experience the miscarriage. All while your past abuser is continuing to fight CSAM charges and receiving continued support from your parents. Those are a lot of potentially difficult and/or traumatic experiences in a short time.

As a reminder, I don’t think it’s ever been confirmed that Derick actually sat for the July bar-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

Depending on when exactly this happened it might explain if he eidn't sit at the bar.

Unless that is the case I would assume he did it's very uncommon not to immediately after Law School.

I could absolutely see Derrick having waited TBH. Jill probably needed support through the shitshow of Josh’s latest antics, and with Israel off for the summer (and both boys so young) I could picture them wanting to spend it together. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

31 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Depending on when exactly this happened it might explain if he eidn't sit at the bar.

Unless that is the case I would assume he did it's very uncommon not to immediately after Law School.

Also very uncommon for most young families to own a home, travel, have all the creature comforts and pay for law school without having any visible means of support.

ETA- I also think the Dillards are pretty good stewards of what money they do have, and are not living high on the hog, like say, the Vuolos. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 16

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic