IGNORED

Dillards 90: Degrees, Exams, Vacations and Vaccinations, Oh MY!

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, bal maiden said:

I just wanna collect my prize for foresight now. 

Good job! You should definitely get a big prize for seeing that coming so far ahead.

Skimmed through some of that thread on the episode — we also learn JD is going to be a pilot! People were comparing Alert to the camp Josh was sent to- and saying Josh’s camp seemed more like a punitive. And Jana was talking about how “someday” all the kids would be gone, and some might be getting married soon. 

• Rufus Bless 3

17 hours ago, sndral said:

Despite their huge size tomato hornworms are remarkably hard to find munching on your plants in the daylight, but they’ll glow green if you go out looking for them at night w/ a black light :)

I jumped up and ran to tell my husband this after reading. He has a pepper garden and despises hornworms

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2021 at 12:26 PM, OldFadedStar said:
On 9/10/2021 at 6:56 PM, sndral said:

Despite their huge size tomato hornworms are remarkably hard to find munching on your plants in the daylight, but they’ll glow green if you go out looking for them at night w/ a black light :)

I jumped up and ran to tell my husband this after reading. He has a pepper garden and despises hornworms

And I promptly ordered a black light flashlight from Amazon (arrived today) so I could watch the hornworms on one of my shrubs grow and grow, lol. 

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Bobology said:

And I promptly ordered a black light flashlight from Amazon (arrived today) so I could watch the hornworms on one of my shrubs grow and grow, lol. 

please post a photo I want to see. sounds horrifically magical.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 15

5 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

Those horrors are awful. They can strip a tomato plant to its stalk in a day.

Yup, I found six of them today on my tomato plants. 😭

I am hoping to get out with a black light tonight to find more.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, flycat said:

Yup, I found six of them today on my tomato plants. 😭

I am hoping to get out with a black light tonight to find more.  

Photos please, I wanna see the horror magic.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Here you go, @AussieKrissy and others. Special thanks to @sndral for teaching me about the black light!

Apologies for the lack of sharpness, it was challenging for me to hold the black light flashlight and also my camera still at the same time. These are in my vitex chaste tree, and these trees will grow back no matter what happens, so this year I'm going to watch them.

black light hornworms.jpg

• Upvote 21
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Bobology said:

Here you go, @AussieKrissy and others. Special thanks to @sndral for teaching me about the black light!

Apologies for the lack of sharpness, it was challenging for me to hold the black light flashlight and also my camera still at the same time. These are in my vitex chaste tree, and these trees will grow back no matter what happens, so this year I'm going to watch them.

That's the coolest thing I've seen all day!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Bobology said:

This is so unpleasant yet so cool to look at, thanks for posting! Nature can be damn interesting....

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

19 hours ago, Bobology said:

thank you and that would make an awesome poster. I was right disgustingly magical

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

• 4 weeks later...

All quiet from Jill on her instagram- no posts, nothing.It stopped after she posted day 8 of their Oregon vacation and there's been nothing since.  Very odd.

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

All quiet from Jill on her instagram- no posts, nothing.It stopped after she posted day 8 of their Oregon vacation and there's been nothing since.  Very odd.

I feel like there were stories on her Insta last weekend. If I remember correctly they were with other people. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sops2 said:

The last post from them on "The Dillard Family" Facebook page was on 10/2.  It was a recap of the 9th day of their Oregon trip.  Nothing new after that date. 

21 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Spoke too soon- this has just appeared in her stories.

Any idea what could be up?

20211011_183911.jpg

Could be anything, with the fundie tendency to use Bible verses as fortune cookies. However, if I wanted to jump on the ISB, I wonder if word has gone out in the family that a certain sibling has decided to change his plea. 

Edited by FiveAcres
wording
  • Upvote 2

Jill just posted she had a miscarriage. I feel horrible for her, they seem to be doing a good job raising the boys and I have hope for their generation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 37
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

I feel for her. This must have been a planned pregnancy since they do use BC. No matter your opinion, a miscarriage is sad. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 23

I feel so awful for them. I've had 3 miscarriages, it's so hard. I hope that they are able to heal and move forward, however they chose to. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 26

I was thinking Jill might want to get pregnant again once Derick graduated. It’s too bad she miscarried. I hope her parents don’t push that crap that birth control causes miscarriages. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 21
  • Love 4

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope her parents don’t push that crap that birth control causes miscarriages. 

And if they DO I hope Lauren, Joy, and ALL the other kids stop and think for a minute, and push back on that. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 23

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was thinking Jill might want to get pregnant again once Derick graduated. It’s too bad she miscarried. I hope her parents don’t push that crap that birth control causes miscarriages. 

I had the same thought. Especially after several sisters and SILs have miscarried recently, obviously "proving" that miscarriages aren't related to birth control use. (I mean, the rest of the world knows this, but the Duggars need convincing.) Miscarriages are bad enough without that extra guilt. 

• Upvote 26

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic