IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The Helferichs? I don't remember that. Which ones?

Some of their facebooks showed they supported trump. I don’t know which ones. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Some of their facebooks showed they supported trump. I don’t know which ones. 

One of the brothers had it on Facebook & another brother commented. I don't remember which ones because I don't know one from the other and at the time I just rolled my eyes and mumbled under my breath. When they moved to Missouri I was trying to Facebook stalk and a lot of the profiles are gone. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2021 at 8:41 AM, ophelia said:

Back in 2015/2016 they supported Cruz (also an asshole IMHO) and seemed to be rather appalled by tRump, but that changed during his presidency. Eventually the Bontrager men (or at least some of them) took part in the insurrection on January 6.

What is interesting is that the Bonts were SO SO disappointed when Trump won the Republican nomination back in 2015. They probably still voted for him in the election; however, they absolutely did not want him in the primary. I just don't understand how you can go from not even really liking a candidate to storming the Capitol in his name. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, ElizaB said:

What is interesting is that the Bonts were SO SO disappointed when Trump won the Republican nomination back in 2015. They probably still voted for him in the election; however, they absolutely did not want him in the primary. I just don't understand how you can go from not even really liking a candidate to storming the Capitol in his name. 

I kind of can. Trump did a lot of the things fundies and other right wing nuts wanted him to do. And he really amped them up with this “us against them” mentality. The pandemic fueled the flames of outrage that he started. Along with his lie that the election was stolen. Their actions on Jan 6th were more about attacking the government and being against the government that has wronged them than for their love of trump. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 8/27/2021 at 9:28 AM, Kylolo said:

That is not as easy in most states than people think it is.  A quick perusal of Alabama law says the property mist be used solely for religious purposes.  On that alone, the property would not qualify.

Doesn't "religious purposes" include the parsonage? I think that's how a lot of home-churchers get away with not paying property taxes. "Well, we have our services in the barn, and the minister and his family live in this house, and the assistant pastor and his bride live in this apartment over the garage."

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Doesn't "religious purposes" include the parsonage? I think that's how a lot of home-churchers get away with not paying property taxes. "Well, we have our services in the barn, and the minister and his family live in this house, and the assistant pastor and his bride live in this apartment over the garage."

A property's use isn't the sole arbiter of exempt status.  Ownership also matters--speaking of my state (which isn't AL), the property must be owned by the exempt entity (church, hospital, school, etc.) AND be used for the exempt-eligible purpose.  This is the case in all states surrounding me as well, so no home church people receive exemptions unless the church owns the home.

Otherwise any homeschooler could say their house should be exempt because it's a school, or the Jehovah's Witnesses across the street from me could claim a church exemption because they have Bible study there.

• Upvote 4

On 8/25/2021 at 9:20 AM, HereticHick said:

Scrolling thru the Bontragers blog post, https://bontragerfamilysingers.com/summer-tour-part-two, I tried to count up how many "If You Died Tonight" tshirts this family owns, but I got bored. : )

I wonder if the Bowers printed those tshirts. 

I'm just now looking at this blog post. 

This is the caption under a photo of Marlin and Becky:

Our wonderful and young-as-ever parents! How thankful we are for them!!

Also Liz's shirts include a pink shirt advertising man camp and a shirt that says "My favorite people call me Auntie". 

• Haha 4

Who actually spends time reading other people's tee-shirts? Also reading those involves staring at the chest of girls/women- is that not "defrauding" just because the tee-shirts might convert  someone? 

Also most people's religious views/or none are considered. It's not like in they haven't been offered the information on Christianity- no one's it going to look t the tee shirt and thing gee I didn't know that! 

Sorry long day at work hence rant! 

• Upvote 10

All their modesty BS then the girls wear t-shirts with words plastered across their boobs - thus, drawing attention to one of the very things the modesty agenda wants hidden. 

• Upvote 15

Family camp is starting tomorrow. The Wissmanns, Bontragers, and Bowerses are always there. With possible sightings of Bateses and Duggars. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Family camp is starting tomorrow. The Wissmanns, Bontragers, and Bowerses are always there. With possible sightings of Bateses and Duggars. 

Prime courting time for the godly young men and maidens!

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 5

On 8/30/2021 at 8:41 AM, fundiefan said:

One of the brothers had it on Facebook & another brother commented. I don't remember which ones because I don't know one from the other and at the time I just rolled my eyes and mumbled under my breath. When they moved to Missouri I was trying to Facebook stalk and a lot of the profiles are gone. 

So he had on facebook that he supported Trump or that he attended the insurrection?

I assume most American fundies voted for Trump, but I don't how many were at the Insurrection.

10 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So he had on facebook that he supported Trump or that he attended the insurrection?

I assume most American fundies voted for Trump, but I don't how many were at the Insurrection.

That he was going to Washington on 1/6.

They've all been tRump supporters all along, that is nothing to even pay attention to. I just noticed the discussion about going to DC and read it at the time. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 9/3/2021 at 3:06 AM, byzant said:

Who actually spends time reading other people's tee-shirts? Also reading those involves staring at the chest of girls/women- is that not "defrauding" just because the tee-shirts might convert  someone? 

Also most people's religious views/or none are considered. It's not like in they haven't been offered the information on Christianity- no one's it going to look t the tee shirt and thing gee I didn't know that! 

Sorry long day at work hence rant! 

Well, recently I was boarding a flight and the person in front of me had on a T-shirt that said “ I lick asshole.”  That right there should teach me to never read anyone’s T-shirt . Rufus Bless Me

• WTF 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Oh gag me! Why are fundies so nauseating?

They think they know everything. And they think they are better than everyone because of it. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

That confirms what I long suspected- Allison definitely reads here. It's not like the people in her circle are criticizing her marriage posts.  

I'm sure Marlin, Chelsy and Allison all visit from time to time, but I would guess Allison has been a more frequent visitor since getting married.  

• Upvote 7

@MomJeans I agree she probably reads here, or somewhere like reddit. Otherwise It's coming out of nowhere.

Her advice is extremely vague and absolutely no help to anyone struggling.

"What are you thankful you talked about before marriage?" "We just talked about anything that came into our heads!" "Did you set physical boundaries before marriage?" "It's going to be different for everyone!" "Would love to hear about the transition to living with your husband and how that worked for you!" "There were challenges!"

Ok, but that's not what the questions were asking... did you talk about finances and you're glad you did? You said you had to work on communications: how did you do that? Give some concrete answers, not just generic feelgood riffles.

There is a picture of Allison and her husband with a couple of his siblings at a dining room table, and it's clearly in a different house! No more red walls. So they must have moved, but who knows where they moved to.

• Upvote 11

@Jigsaw3  I think the red walls were the Minnesota house, because it was the same house for the wedding shower, and Allison clearly stated that the shower took place in Minnesota.  The red walls were also in the zillow listing of the house.  I of course could be wrong.  So this must be the Missouri compound.

I imagine Allison thought she was getting something over on us by never saying they moved, and posting old pictures.  She probably spit out her coffee the day her move was discovered on here. I think it's probably lost on her that there are a lot of people on here that sincerely rooted for Allison over the years.   

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

@Jigsaw3  I think the red walls were the Minnesota house, because it was the same house for the wedding shower, and Allison clearly stated that the shower took place in Minnesota.  The red walls were also in the zillow listing of the house.  I of course could be wrong.  So this must be the Missouri compound.

I imagine Allison thought she was getting something over on us by never saying they moved, and posting old pictures.  She probably spit out her coffee the day her move was discovered on here. I think it's probably lost on her that there are a lot of people on here that sincerely rooted for Allison over the years.   

Exactly, just like she was vague/lied about living in her in-laws Minnesota house ("we have our own place") instead of being honest ("We are living in my in-laws attic apartment for the time being while we save for our forever home and decide where we want to plant roots" for instance).  I was one who rooted for Allison but it is hard to continue to do so when she has proven to be so insincere and dishonest.  

• Upvote 10

Ok, did she think that IG crap was informative or helpful?

She didn't say jack shit about shit. 

She's been vague since the second she got married & clearly, that is now her way. For whatever reason - and I assume it's her husband & his family, because she used to share so much before it sometimes bordered on TMI. Now? Nothing. Absolutely nothing about nothing.

If I had a "friend" who said crap like that to me, they wouldn't be my friend. 

She either doesn't want be honest, or can't. Because she is so far from honest about anything it's laughable. 

• Upvote 7

I think she just needs to give up on this whole blogging social media thing. She has no clue how to make a her blog or Instagram worth reading. Just give it up and focus on enjoying your perfect fundie wife life.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic