IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 21: Breeding Another Generation of Antivaxers & Conspiracy Theorists

Bethella

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t love tiny living but I love minimalism. However I’ve noticed fundies will use these trends as an excuse to be shitty parents. Zoo got rid of a shit ton of her children’s things in the name of minimalism. But she didn’t get rid of her shit! Same with Erin. She squeezes 4 kids in a small room while she gets the big room. The kids are always the ones who suffer in these Instances.

Yeah, like Jessa. Her three older kids share a room with Ben's "office". I don't even know how that works. Where do the kids go when Ben "works"? He obviously can only "work" when the kids are awake, unless they get booted from their room for his sake. What is in their bedroom? Why can't his office be in there? Keep adult things separate from kids things. 

I know the answer. 

In both cases, they live in a place that is too small for their reproduction shcedule. 

• Upvote 16

16 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Yeah, like Jessa. Her three older kids share a room with Ben's "office". I don't even know how that works. Where do the kids go when Ben "works"? He obviously can only "work" when the kids are awake, unless they get booted from their room for his sake. What is in their bedroom? Why can't his office be in there? Keep adult things separate from kids things. 

I know the answer. 

In both cases, they live in a place that is too small for their reproduction shcedule. 

My husband has worked from home for over a decade. He has always needed his own office with a door that closes. Even before we had kids. When the kids had to have virtual school and we were home 24/7 it was so hard. My kids are loud and I can’t keep them quiet all the time. So there were many times my husband would be on the phone for work and people would hear in the background, “here’s my penis!” And “Come look at my enormous poop in the potty!” Luckily his coworkers were understanding. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband has worked from home for over a decade. He has always needed his own office with a door that closes. Even before we had kids. When the kids had to have virtual school and we were home 24/7 it was so hard. My kids are loud and I can’t keep them quiet all the time. So there were many times my husband would be on the phone for work and people would hear in the background, “here’s my penis!” And “Come look at my enormous poop in the potty!” Luckily his coworkers were understanding. 

Yeah, I have been on many a call with kids in the background. Particularly with the pandemic now & so many working at home, 

I've been working at home for 18 months along with the rest of the world. I live alone. I have an "office" that is also the guest room. I don't have a ton of guests, but I do have them. When I do, I sleep in the guest room with the office & they sleep in my room. There are a shit ton of privacy / confidentiality concerns with my job & things need to be locked up & put away & secured. I don't lock it all up normally since I'm the only one here, but if anyone is over for any reason or length of time, I have to put it away. 

And, when my cousin was here for a week last fall for his own job, he stayed with me instead of at a hotel which was perfectly fine - but working was insane. I was in the office, he was in the dining room. He's military so his work is confidential; I am finance so my work is confidential. I had to work with the office door closed and we texted each other to say "can I come out & refill my coffee" or "hey, I don't have a call for an hour if you want to do lunch now". 

It's just plain hard to do an actual job when there are people around. Kids especially. Intentionally creating your work space in your kid's bedroom seems counter productive and really, kind of wrong. 

• Upvote 15

4 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I guess I have a personal bias in favor of tiny living and van life so I get kind of defensive of people who choose to live small. 4 kids sleeping in a bedroom is a far cry from the Rod RV of horrors or the Schupes who wouldn't allow the kids to play outside. 

I agree that #5 on the way will probably change things up. The baby can stay with Erin for a while, but they will need a 3rd bedroom at some point. For now I'm saving the snark for their reckless covid beliefs...

I'm in a favor of tiny living and I think living in a small space can be great. My belief is the space should be proportional to the number of people and animals living in the house. I think tiny houses are great for one or two people and maybe a dog/cat or two. The more people who live in the house, the more you need to increase space. 

As for COVID, a house that size makes it hard to quarrantine...

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm in a favor of tiny living and I think living in a small space can be great. My belief is the space should be proportional to the number of people and animals living in the house. I think tiny houses are great for one or two people and maybe a dog/cat or two. The more people who live in the house, the more you need to increase space. 

As for COVID, a house that size makes it hard to quarrantine...

This. 

Just because you can make a small space work with one, two or three kids does not mean that the fourth & fifth kid can be crammed in too. There is a thing called outgrowing a space. 

A 1,500 square foot house would be fine for a family of up to maybe 6. Try to cram the Duggars in there & you're just being stupid. 

I live in a 900 sf apartment. I'm fine in it alone. If I magically married a man that has two kids & they moved in, we'd be busting at the seams but we'd manage. A 3rd kid pops out of the cocoon and we would be fools to not move. 

What worked with Erin & Chad's 3 kids, then making do with with 4th has run its course. You're getting your number five and clearly won't stop until you're dead; you've outgrown your newlywed house and the time is now to get a larger one. 

• Upvote 15

Joining in to say that I'm crammed in a little space so I get both sides. I live in an expensive area and with COVID my salary got dramatically reduced. We've got 4 of us in a small apartment and while we joke that we are cruise ship living we are also planning for a bigger place once I'm making my full salary again. Our lifestyle only works because neither of us works from home and our kids are outdoors several hours a day. If one of us got COVID and we had to isolate we'd all lose our minds. So we severely limit where the kids can go and what we do. We don't know Cherin's finances but I sure hope that they've been saving for this day. They need at least another bathroom and bedroom and a larger kitchen. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Patience Axmann had Zoe Faye today. 

I like the name. Shame about her parents though. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, JillyO said:

I like the name. Shame about her parents though. 

They must like the letter Z. They call Ezekiel “Zeke.”

• Upvote 5

If I had an Ezekiel I would call him Zeke too.

I currently have 3 kids (boy 9, girl 7 and girl 5) sharing one room, then my bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen and another “everything room” which is a lounge, playroom and study in one. We are currently in lockdown, which means working from home and schooling from home and only leaving the house once per day for up to an hour’s exercise or to buy groceries (other retail is closed). The house is not ideal, but it’s temporary until my divorce settlement happens and I get a better grasp on finances. My eldest is an introvert and really starting to struggle without his own space; during the daytime he often goes into my bedroom to read so he can get away from the girls. It’s hard to judge from photos, but I’d say their bedroom is significantly larger than ChErin’s kids’. The thought of adding two more to it? Fuck no. If I somehow had an immaculate conception right now I wouldn’t be praising God, I’d be crying and asking him why.

Anyway, I don’t really follow the Bateseseses but just going off this discussion my theory is that they don’t have good health insurance and have spent too damn much making sure their kids continue to have a mum to be able to afford a better place. Which is just further reason they are selfish and stupid to be risking her health and their existing kids’ well-being by having another.

• Upvote 14

Sorry, I am not about to contribute to the name conversation at all.

I am just going to say that every time I hear the name Ezekiel I get a little twinge. 

Because I have a mad crush.

Spoiler

ezekiel.jpg.7741d5868e0041914873156d7c2706e9.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jeremiah Willis has a baby girl named Genesis Skye. 

Born yesterday 8/27 according to his wife Lexi’s Instagram 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Genesis Skye?

I think it was an episode of Frasier where they talked about one name ending and the next name beginning with the same letter or sound. They either run together or there must be a definite pause. Genesisskye or Genesis…….Skye.

But then you take out the middle name since most people don’t use their middle name in everyday life and you get Genesis Willis?

Poor kid is screwed either way. (That being said, I like the name Skye.)

• Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Genesis Skye?

I think it was an episode of Frasier where they talked about one name ending and the next name beginning with the same letter or sound. They either run together or there must be a definite pause. Genesisskye or Genesis…….Skye.

But then you take out the middle name since most people don’t use their middle name in everyday life and you get Genesis Willis?

Poor kid is screwed either way. (That being said, I like the name Skye.)

I wonder if they will call her Genny. There’s already a Jenny in the family. So that could get confusing. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2021 at 12:42 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Erin Bates Paine is pregnant with #5, due in January. It was a shocker for them since they thought she would never be pregnant again

If there is anything that would convince me to believe there is some deity favoring them, it would be this. This is worse than JRod and family gallivanting all over the US and seemingly never catching Covid.

Meanwhile, my little atheist self is continually being taught that life’s not fair. I wanted to stay with my boyfriend and eventually get married, instead I got dumped. I wanted to have kids someday, instead I have a fertility condition and am rapidly running out of time.

I don’t know, maybe I should go fundie?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 39

12 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

If there is anything that would convince me to believe there is some deity favoring them, it would be this. This is worse than JRod and family gallivanting all over the US and seemingly never catching Covid.

Meanwhile, my little atheist self is continually being taught that life’s not fair. I wanted to stay with my boyfriend and eventually get married, instead I got dumped. I wanted to have kids someday, instead I have a fertility condition and am rapidly running out of time.

Fundies and grifters anger me so much, especially when they seemingly put in very little effort, yet so many are continually rewarded, BUT one thing I have been trying to do and it does help, is to stop comparing. Comparing is truly the thief of joy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 12

On 8/28/2021 at 10:35 AM, fundiefan said:

Sorry, I am not about to contribute to the name conversation at all.

I am just going to say that every time I hear the name Ezekiel I get a little twinge. 

Because I have a mad crush.

Hide contents

ezekiel.jpg.7741d5868e0041914873156d7c2706e9.jpg

I always hear “Ezekiel saw the wheel/Way up in the middle of the land” in my head.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I completely feel this. I just remember that I was once fundie and had fertility and health issues then and was told to just pray harder and it would be fine and to "trust god". I very much believed in it and all that did was cause more damage. Sometimes the worst people seem to be the most fertile and it can really suck. Sometimes life just sucks. I try and remember that these people are rarely as happy with their lives as they appear. Those that keep saying how happy they are, how much they love their lives, how much they love their spouses, seem to be the most miserable behind the curtains of social media. Double so when that's the only life they are allowed to consider and when their entire lives revolve around being the perfect wife and perfect mother with the perfectly groomed and well-behaved kids and the perfect instragram picture worthy clean home. Perfection is not possible. I stopped feeling any jealousy when I see these lives because it's a facade. Keep your chin up fellow atheist. Been out of fundie land for a decade and though it's a struggle at times, I am happier and more content with the science and logic and options in my life not being part of a religion. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

Thank you @SassyPants, @dairyfreelife, and everyone else.

Most of the time I can laugh or roll my eyes at these fundies but Cherin’s quarter of an ovary miracle baby after their cavalier attitude to Covid was too much of a punch in the gut. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 10

21 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Courtney Rogers said she’s due in early March 

She posted her grow baby grow pictured August 7. She'd changed her emojis to add the pregnant one sooner, but I don't remember by how much.

She may not have posted the second she missed her period, but she did post the second the stick dried. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, llucie said:

LOL is this a Target sponsored baby announcement? its the first time i see such a thing

Christ. Everyone uses something to promote their existence on the planet, I guess an announcement at a store is to be expected. Fishing for gifts/endorsements/views/influencer clout. 

I can't wait until the day neither the Bates nor the Duggars are "in the news" for getting knocked up. Procreating is a way of life, it's done every day by millions. Just because their parents' families are absurdly ginormous, why does they world need to be subjected to media announcements about them? One, it's expected, so duh. Two, who the eff cares?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic