IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 21: Breeding Another Generation of Antivaxers & Conspiracy Theorists

Bethella

I have read through the comments several times and didn't see this posted yet. Jeremy and Audrey Roloff had their third, a son, Radley Knight, born Nov 8. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

And of course the Hale's are "fundraising" to pay for the adoption of the baby boy they have. 

Grifting is the fundie way. 

Pro tip - if you can't afford the kid, don't have/adopt it. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

And of course the Hale's are "fundraising" to pay for the adoption of the baby boy they have. 

Grifting is the fundie way. 

Pro tip - if you can't afford the kid, don't have/adopt it. 

So many people who are placing their child for adoption are doing it because they can’t afford the baby. So I don’t get why people beg others for money so they can adopt why not give that money to birth moms so they can keep their baby? 

PS: yes, I know there are other reasons why women place for adoption. But money is often a big one.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, Peppery said:

I have read through the comments several times and didn't see this posted yet. Jeremy and Audrey Roloff had their third, a son, Radley Knight, born Nov 8. 

Fun fact: Radley was one of the names I picked when I was coming up with ridiculous celebrity baby name sounding names for my actor sim's children.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 19

15 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Do you mean Elizabeth? She's the one married to Erich. And I think Elisha had a baby earlier this year.

Thank you immensely. Yes, that's the one. I haven't kept up with them enough recently. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

If they stay in rural/bush Alaska they will absolutely be surrounded by native culture,

To clarify, I get that it's part of the dominant culture where they live. But these individuals come from an isolationist, white supremacist counterculture and even if they're now interacting with their native neighbors (if they do so in more than a proselytizing capacity, which is a big if) that's got to be awfully hard to unlearn, particularly to the degree necessary to support a child's connection to his heritage.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Peppery said:

All I can think of is Boo Radley from To Kill A Mockingbird!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

3 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Am I right in saying there are currently no Mortons known to be pregnant?

I bet someone’s pregnant but it’s not been announced. I would guess it’s Alyssa based on her past spacing.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet someone’s pregnant but it’s not been announced. I would guess it’s Alyssa based on her past spacing.

Recently Alyssa posted a instagram story about painting her children's play house. In a few shots you could see the slender midsection of what looked like a  woman.  I thought it was Alyssa and was surprised because I assumed she'd be pregnant by now. So that is my question: was it Alyssa not yet pregnant, Alyssa pregnant but early enough not to show or some other person eg one of her younger sisters? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Recently Alyssa posted a instagram story about painting her children's play house. In a few shots you could see the slender midsection of what looked like a  woman.  I thought it was Alyssa and was surprised because I assumed she'd be pregnant by now. So that is my question: was it Alyssa not yet pregnant, Alyssa pregnant but early enough not to show or some other person eg one of her younger sisters? 

I think if she’s pregnant, she’s probably early in the pregnancy and not showing. I don’t know if she will have anymore Irish twins. I think the rest will probably be a little over a year apart or more. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, Alyssa's baby is now 5 months old. The universe would be off kilter if she weren't pregnant yet. Not necessarily showing, but definitely cooking #6. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2

6 hours ago, artdecades said:

Grace Wikstrom Etbauer had her baby. No name released yet

Her mom made a comment on their Instagram announcement calling him Grit.

Sounds about right for those two.

• Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

Her mom made a comment on their Instagram announcement calling him Grit.

Sounds about right for those two.

I didn’t think it could be worse than his brother named Treg but Grit may be. 

• Upvote 1

If I were given a thousand years to come up with unappealing combinations of letters to form first names for children that are already cursed to walk the earth with the last name "Etbauer", I don't think I'd have managed to do better than "Grit" and "TREG". 

They are not only uniquely awful names, they are practically the same letters rearranged. Can I go ahead and put in a speculation on the first girl? Gurt. And the next boy? Argt.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

I didn’t think it could be worse than his brother named Treg but Grit may be. 

In Germany Grit is a female name that I really liked when I was younger 

• Upvote 4

``To be fair, it's also means to be touch, like having "true grit". 

I have herd of Griet, but not Grit as a name. Griet isa  nickname for Margaret. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, anjulibai said:

``To be fair, it's also means to be tough, like having "true grit".

Makes me think of John Wayne. 
55ED0CF3-4E2E-4B49-A706-A6324047F427.jpeg.07d9e14cc63b812c91eb08a527e0cbe6.jpeg

He won the Oscar for it. 

Edited by Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing
*Bolding mine.
  • Upvote 5

Fundies and their virtue names are just virtues signaling in my opinion. The rest can be Mercy Grace, Constance Faith, Valiant Justice, and Steadfast Honor. 

• Upvote 9

I’m about to publish a short story collection (on the 30th) that includes one about sisters who grew up quiverfull fundie and all the kids in their family got virtue names. I decided to lean right into it and named one Sobriety.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic