IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 21: Breeding Another Generation of Antivaxers & Conspiracy Theorists

Bethella

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So yes, the papa Buckingham is better than papa Hale, but that doesn’t mean he’s some great guy.

According to this area newspaper, Jim Buckingham was also into the S'Morton cray-cray, complete with blowing trumpets & galloping horses when Sharia married Joshua Hale in 2006. Also looks like Jim was running his own branch of the Church of Daddy Said So. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

"Lolli" was the name of the clown costume. Notice how Anna put a green petticoat underneath the costume to make sure it was modest enough. 

Costume as advertised:

Spoiler

lolli.jpeg.5f1b9bff85422c4d02c3a20c786a9712.jpeg

Anna wearing it with modesty petticoat:

Spoiler

IMG_6188.jpg.d28ca551a71dbbee6db1a8c7d5841cc4.jpg

• Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

"Lolli" was the name of the clown costume. Notice how Anna put a green petticoat underneath the costume to make sure it was modest enough. 

Costume as advertised:

Hide contents

lolli.jpeg.5f1b9bff85422c4d02c3a20c786a9712.jpeg

Anna wearing it with modesty petticoat:

Hide contents

IMG_6188.jpg.d28ca551a71dbbee6db1a8c7d5841cc4.jpg

I miss the annual appearance of Lolli the Fucking Clown. These are the true sacrifices we make when women are allowed to go to college.

Interestingly, it appears she didn't put the petticoat on to cover more of her leg. She put it on to cover the visible portion of the BLOOMERS, which covered just as much of her body as the petticoat did. However, Modest Clowns don't show their bloomers, so there you have it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I miss the annual appearance of Lolli the Fucking Clown. These are the true sacrifices we make when women are allowed to go to college.

Did Kansas even have a state fair? I think ours was cancelled in 2020 because of Covid. Of course some dumbasses were like "let's do a protest fair." They called it the "No-Fair." Some Brewery even made a beer and it was pretty good but ugh. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

According to this area newspaper, Jim Buckingham was also into the S'Morton cray-cray, complete with blowing trumpets & galloping horses when Sharia married Joshua Hale in 2006. Also looks like Jim was running his own branch of the Church of Daddy Said So. 

So I don't know how familiar you are with the area, but to get to McCarthy (where the Hales homesteaded for a bit) you leave Anchorage and drive on the road going North/North East. You go through Palmer and then you drive until the end of the road. There is town there called "Glen Allen" and it has what I think is the last gas station. In that gas station, you can take a free bible if you happen to need one for whatever reason. The radio station is very Christian. It's one of two places where I've been "ministered" to at a Public School. Then you take a right, drive to Chitna (in the summer, this place is packed with dipnetters). Then you take a dirt road for another couple of hours. The entire trip is like 6 or 8 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions and water levels. Palmer is all of 45 minutes from Anchorage, so that snow machine trip that Elishaba took in the middle of the night was probably cold and long and scary. 

Anyway, I saw that the paper was printed in Glen Allen and I .. yeah, I'm not surprised. There's also a place we passed last year near Kenney Lake that had some sort of full on Puritan cosplay going on; and the church website has a whole section about Angels and how real they are and how evil angels exist. 

It's a weird area. McCarthy is pretty liberal - all 10 people who live there and 90% of the National Park people and the guides and all the bar tenders and climbers, etc. But the journey to get there is wild. 

• Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

So I don't know how familiar you are with the area

I'm not familiar at all with it apart from repeatedly consulting Google Maps while reading. Thank you for the description.

IIRC, at that time, the publisher of that newspaper or whatever was a local fundie pastor in McCarthy who, at first, welcomed the Pilgrim-Hales with open arms and championed them in their fight with the Park Service. Some of the church members also supported the family, at least at first, but stopped as the Pilgrim-Hales became a public nuisance during the years they lived partly in town. The revelations of abuse were the last straw, of course.

I cannot imagine how Elishaba & her sister survived that snowmobile trip. Besides that, once they got to where they thought they'd be meeting their brothers (who had left the family some months before), no one was there so the women hid under a tree for several days until the brothers could meet them.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, indianabones said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, but a poster on Reddit is claiming that former Duggar midwife Teresa Fodosky's negligence at her daughter-in-law's delivery caused the death of the baby.

That is so awful.  That poor baby had to suffer because of her hubris and negligence.  

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, indianabones said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, but a poster on Reddit is claiming that former Duggar midwife Teresa Fodosky's negligence at her daughter-in-law's delivery caused the death of the baby.

Was she the one who was married to a Dr that the Duggars went to? And she led some prenatal classes?

• Upvote 4

On 11/5/2021 at 1:31 PM, indianabones said:

I assumed you meant it was the poster's DIL but it was Teresa's. Holy shit. Imagine killing your own granddaughter by negligence.

I'm gonna cuddle my lil Bub and not think about it too hard..

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
assed instead of assumed!
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

Welp. I happen to log onto Instagram for the first time in months and it seems Jeremiah and Nada Campana are having a boy in March. She said in the comments she's 20 weeks today so that would put her due date at March 28th.

Also from Instagram, Erich and Elisha Ehlinger had a boy, Jonathan Eustace, on November 6th.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, albireo said:

Welp. I happen to log onto Instagram for the first time in months and it seems Jeremiah and Nada Campana are having a boy in March. She said in the comments she's 20 weeks today so that would put her due date at March 28th.

Also from Instagram, Erich and Elisha Ehlinger had a boy, Jonathan Eustace, on November 6th.

I think that might make Nada a teen mom. 

• I Agree 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bethany and Job Hale are expecting an adopted baby November 7th, but there’s always a chance the birth parents could change their mind. 

A5EFFE25-9D72-43E2-8CFF-6DDF118BC0A2.jpeg

So, they have the baby. He is definitely an indigenous infant. I can't help but think they preyed upon the baby's mother at her hardest time. I say this because I have an uncle who did exactly that. They were "missionaries" & his second wife was older when they married & she wanted a baby but couldn't have one. They set out to "help" unwed mothers in their little village and voila, less than a year later they adopted an indigenous baby boy. The baby's birth mom was a young girl in poverty who they were "saving" and blah, blah, blah. They didn't provide food or shelter or clothes or help for the baby - they provided Jesus & themselves for the baby. The birth mother's story is ultimately pretty sad - and the white saviors never lifted a finger to help her or the children she had & kept. 

I have a very, very hard time with white fundies going to non white places & "adopting" babies. It's the white savior complex on full display and they don't typically want that child to have a good life - they want to "save the dark baby & bring him to Jesus". 

I could be wrong. I know. This could be on the up & up & with no ulterior motives and no saving babies for Jesus. But I don't believe so. 

• Angry 1
  • Sad 21
  • I Agree 2

@fundiefan I get where you're coming from but I don't think we have enough info to make these speculations. Job has lived his whole life in the Alaskan bush, he's a part of the community there. They mention that they were chosen by the birth parents so it's possible they went through a legit adoption agency and were selected from a roster. It's a sad and enraging fact that non-white children are disproportionately put up for adoption because of racial disparities in wealth, access to education, healthcare etc. But to say they were preying on a young mother with religious tactics is perhaps not the true story. I hope they talk about it more on FB, and I certainly hope for an open adoption for their son. Always healthier for adopted children to grow up with transparency and knowing they were loved by all parties.

• Upvote 18
  • Rufus Bless 2

45 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Job has lived his whole life in the Alaskan bush, he's a part of the community there. 

Sort of? I mean, he was born in New Mexico, and moved to McCarthy when he was 8ish; then Palmer. And as much as the Buckinghams pretend, they are not roughing it in Palmer. While there are "Bush" communities on the road system, Palmer is not one of them. Bethel actually has a larger population than Palmer and is the largest city in Western Alaska. It's not on the road system, but there are twice daily flights to and from Bethel to Anchorage. 

Job and Bethany chose to "be missionaries" in Bethel, a community that was literally moved and renamed by missionaries, and has a long history of being "ministered" to. Between the Catholics, the Mormons, and the Russian Orthodox, there's already a Christian presence in Bethel (and most AK Native/Yupik communities in Western Alaska) 

59 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

It's a sad and enraging fact that non-white children are disproportionately put up for adoption because of racial disparities in wealth, access to education, healthcare etc. 

Yes, this is true, but Alaska Native children are eligible for the Alaska Native Medical Center, which offers comprehensive medical coverage for Alaska Natives at no cost to them.  Education in Bethel would be the same for a white person or a Native Alaskan, as would be eligibility for the UA scholarship & PFD savings plan.  

However, I doubt that they are adopting an Alaska Native child. They would have to seek approval from the tribe, and most of the children who are clear for adoption have special needs and are older.  It's more likely that they are adopting through some sort of "Christian" agency from out-of-state. It's also unusual for someone to adopt a child and still live in the community with the birth parents, unless it's a kinship adoption. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

However, I doubt that they are adopting an Alaska Native child. They would have to seek approval from the tribe, and most of the children who are clear for adoption have special needs and are older.  It's more likely that they are adopting through some sort of "Christian" agency from out-of-state. It's also unusual for someone to adopt a child and still live in the community with the birth parents, unless it's a kinship adoption. 

Yeah I was gonna say wouldn't the ICWA apply here?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

They are. She says in comments when someone says they have clothes - Bethany says she wants "native" clothes because she wants to immerse the baby in "our" native culture. It's also very clear by looking at the baby. 

How they made it happen, I don't know but have expressed concerns & suspicions. Not facts, obviously, because I don't know them but based on experience within my own family & my perception, I've formed these suspicions. 

They've only even been married a year & a half. It's not like they were on a long waiting list with extensive home studies or evaluations or paperwork processing or background checks. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Yeah I was gonna say wouldn't the ICWA apply here?

It certainly could but that depends on the status of the mother, father, and child -- i.e., whether or not any of them are enrolled members of a recognized tribe. 

If you've got the time & inclination I highly recommend listening to the second season of the This Land podcast, which is all about challenges to ICWA and what may be really happening. Hint: the same law firm that represents Chevron, Shell, Amazon, and WalMart is representing white adoptive parents -- pro bono -- in their fight against ICWA.

ETA: Wanted to add that ICWA is an important federal statute in these cases, but a lot also depends on state/local laws, agencies, and general oversight. Don't know what the situation is in Alaska. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

They've only even been married a year & a half. It's not like they were on a long waiting list with extensive home studies or evaluations or paperwork processing or background checks. 

I was thinking the same thing. I know of an agency around me who won’t give a child to a couple unless they have been married for at least 2 years. My chorus teacher & wife were on a waiting list for almost 8 years before they were able to adopt their son back in 1994. Their son’s birth mother was only 17 (not much older then the student my teacher taught). They gave their son wonderful life & he has always known he was adopted & he is forever grateful to his birth mother for giving him up because he never would have life he has now if she had kept him. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

she wants to immerse the baby in "our" native culture

Sure, Jan. Will he attend schools with other native children-- or any school at all? Will he be exposed to media that isn't fundie created and approved? Allowed to spend time with mentors and peers outside their church circle?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, albireo said:

Do you mean Elizabeth? She's the one married to Erich. And I think Elisha had a baby earlier this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Do you mean Elizabeth? She's the one married to Erich. And I think Elisha had a baby earlier this year.

Thanks for catching this. You’re right- Elisha had her fourth, Scott in late June. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Sure, Jan. Will he attend schools with other native children-- or any school at all? 

If they remain in Western Alaska or move to the interior, then their options are a village public school or homeschool. If they go with public school, there's no school in Alaska where he'l be the only NA kid. If they stay in rural/bush Alaska they will absolutely be surrounded by native culture, and if Bethany is making friends with people instead of just lecturing them about Jesus (which, again, there is a long history of Christianity and Native Alaskan Culture) then she'll have plenty of tiny kuspuks and booties. I don't even have kids and I have been offered booties for my future kids.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic