IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 21: Breeding Another Generation of Antivaxers & Conspiracy Theorists

Bethella

Just now, VBOY9977 said:

Kennedy Morton gave birth to Hamish Locke on October 14th. Interesting name, I’ve never heard Hamish before. 

It's an Anglicized version of the Scots Gaelic name Seumas, also related to the Irish Gaelic Seamus and the English James. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

I’m seriously shocked he’s not a junior. I guess because they used Drew as a middle name for their daughter, they didn’t bother with Andrew. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

When you have, what, 45 close-in-age cousins, you probably have to go a bit farther down on the name list to avoid confusion. 

I just finished watching Midnight Mass with the excellent Hamish Linklater, so I'm aware of it as a name. I wonder if it will become trendier as the actor's profile rises.

• Upvote 3

I've  liked the name Hamish ever since I saw "Four Weddings and a Funeral" (there is a  character I liked who was  named Hamish ).  Anyway, Kennedy got her boy. I wonder if this will affect the pace of reproduction for her?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The first thing I thought of after reading the name "Hamish" was the  "Alice in Wonderland" with Johnny Depp.... 

I’m mentioned this before. Singer Marie Osmond has a son named Matthew. Her second oldest brother has a son & step-son with they name as well. I think her son is like 20 plus years younger then his cousin. 

Wrong thread.  Sorry!

Edited by Joyster

Hamish came out of left field. Then again, so did Naida.

John and Campbell naming their son Buchanan wasn't too out there since it was a family name and appeared to honor a famous Scottish theologian, George Buchanan (who was a dick btw). The extended Roberts family have a Scottish theme- Buchanan, Macbeth, and Eklund are used as middle names and now they have a grandson named Buchanan. I wonder if little Bucky had any influence on Andrew and Kennedy's choice.

My ramblings aside, I am glad to see he arrived safely. Kennedy's behavior throughout this pregnancy has been bizarre. I hope she gets all the support and help she needs. And a break from babymaking too.

Edited by WannabeHistorian
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I just finished watching Midnight Mass with the excellent Hamish Linklater, so I'm aware of it as a name. I wonder if it will become trendier as the actor's profile rises.

Maybe it will be the Aiden of the 2020s.

• Rufus Bless 1

Hamish is a pretty common name in Aus, has been somewhere in the top 100 for most of my life I think, so I always find it a bit jarring when I see Americans say they’ve never heard of it. Usually there’s a lot of overlap in what’s popular between UK, US, Australia and Canada, but somehow a couple of old Scottish names took hold here and not elsewhere. Lachlan is the same.

Hamish Blake is a well known comedian here.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Maybe it will be the Aiden of the 2020s.

Definitely won’t. Americans don’t seem to like names that end with -sh. Boy names that end with an -n have been popular for a very long time. Boy names that end in -t are very popular now too. You can often see patterns in popularity and I can’t see Hamish landing in the top 100 anytime soon. The only chance is if there is a character that’s extremely popular in a show. But that’s it.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

On a tour of Scotland one time, I met a huge Scottish "coo" (cow) named Hamish.  He was a sweetie.

I may have met the same coo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Kennedy Morton gave birth to Hamish Locke on October 14th. Interesting name, I’ve never heard Hamish before. 

The daughter of Chicago’s late lead guitarist Terry Kath(whose husband is of Scottish ancestry IIRC)named her first son Hamish, and IMO, he’s the spitting image of his grandpa.

Since it hasn't been mentioned here yet- Nicole Naugler has 2 new granddaughters.

Quinten and Anna have Rebecca Kaylie Jo, born October 9 (first child for both)

Jacob and Ashley have Bailey Renee, born October 16 (second child together, each has a child from a previous relationship, four kids total)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Zsu Anderson appears to be pregnant again according to the thread. She’s announced very early, she’s due in June.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

Since it hasn't been mentioned here yet- Nicole Naugler has 2 new granddaughters.

Quinten and Anna have Rebecca Kaylie Jo, born October 9 (first child for both)

Jacob and Ashley have Bailey Renee, born October 16 (second child together, each has a child from a previous relationship, four kids total)

Good luck baby girls. I hope you're both somewhere safe and clean.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Zsu Anderson appears to be pregnant again according to the thread. She’s announced very early, she’s due in June.

...Well fuck.

And here I had the tiny sliver of hope that she was done, but her youngest only just turned two, so I should've known there was still a chance.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, AliC said:

...Well fuck.

And here I had the tiny sliver of hope that she was done, but her youngest only just turned two, so I should've known there was still a chance.

This will likely be her last. She will be 43 when this one is born. And not too many women have successful natural pregnancies after that. I know it happens (no one needs to point out their aunt or cousin who has a baby at 50). But odds are good this is her last. 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This will likely be her last.

My worst case scenario: Z will secretly have IVF and force her daughter to donate the eggs - all in her quest to fill her quiver(bonus: no  contact with PP required!).  I am almost certain this is just a nightmare...but not quite. I'm just not sure how far off the deep end Z has gone. 

(looked for an emoji that registered my mix of WTF/horror/humor but could not find one so imagine it)

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

8 minutes ago, browngrl said:

My worst case scenario: Z will secretly have IVF and force her daughter to donate the eggs - all in her quest to fill her quiver(bonus: no  contact with PP required!).  I am almost certain this is just a nightmare...but not quite. I'm just not sure how far off the deep end Z has gone. 

(looked for an emoji that registered my mix of WTF/horror/humor but could not find one so imagine it)

She’s always been so vocal about being against IVF and I’m not sure they have the extra money it takes. I think she has been trying hard to get pregnant the usual ways. Tracking her cycle and ovulation signs. She probably found some “natural” things she’s obsessing over. Like special tea to increase fertility. She’s way more likely to turn to her natural stuff that does nothing. She convinces herself it works. Whatever she did this time around, she will try again after this baby is born. But with no success. Because age does matter. No matter how many eggs you save up due to constant pregnancy (she actually believes that). 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

This first-name frequency site/chart-generator thing is one of my fave sites of all time. It's, sadly, US-centric, using Social Security data for baby name trends. This has literally been one of the reasons I wanted to make an account here, was to share this link in this thread.

I have a very unusual name which sensitized me to the importance of names very early on. At the height of my name's popularity, it had dozens of babies getting it per annum. About what Hamish is currently having.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic