Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 35

GreyhoundFan

20 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

FB_IMG_1628958879122.jpg.8670d6a2fae14351471bbfb24594a6ba.jpg

New phone, who ‘dis? 

• Haha 11

image.png.1e0caef358867c472fb0fbc56e1ac88e.png

"Taliban Reinstatement"

At least the MyPillow Qnut got one thing right. There was a reinstatement this weekend by knuckle-dragging cave-dwelling conservative sexist troglodyte fundamentalists who have zero respect for science and will take power against the will of the people. Mike Lindell just got the wrong extremists.

Mike Lindell and other Qnuts predicted Donald Trump would be reinstated on August 13, which was last Friday. If he had predicted it was to be a reinstatement weekend, he would have been correct, except it wasn’t for Trump.

The image of the Taliban sitting inside the presidential palace is probably as disturbing to Afghans as the image of MAGA terrorists storming through our nation’s Capitol building carrying the Confederate flag. If Donald Trump could retake control of our government through a civil war, he would do it. A lot of his supporters are discussing this.

Donald Trump is NOT a constitutionalist. The entire MAGA movement that’s supposed to make America great again is anti-Constitution. Constitutionalists don’t try to overturn elections or call for Myanmar-style coups.

Donald Trump sent his goons to overturn the election in several states. He called state election officials and told them to “find the votes.” He didn’t even tell them to find every “lost” vote. He only asked them to find just enough for him to win. He called his MAGAts to Washington on January 6 to stop the certification of the election. Even after Congress was attacked, 147 Republican/MAGAt members voted to overturn the election for Trump and the terrorists. Since that attack, Trump has expressed no remorse for the Capitol Police officers who died and those who were wounded. Instead, he’s expressed outrage over the death of one of his terrorists. And, yes. Ashli Babbitt was a terrorist.

If Donald Trump wanted to help his MAGA terrorists destroy our nation, he should have given them as much support as he gave to the Taliban.

Trump invited the Taliban to Camp David for a photo-op…on 9/11. He and Mike Pompeo, his stupidass Secretary of State, demanded the release of over 5,000 Taliban members imprisoned by the legitimately-elected Afghan government, including Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, who is now declaring himself the new president. While Trump didn’t get his photo-op with the Taliban, Pompeo got one. Trump and Pompeo negotiated the withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan, not with the Afghan government, but with the Taliban. Donald Trump and Mike Pompeo claimed the Taliban would help fight the war on terror which would be like saying dirt, grime, and soap scrum will join the shower-cleaning fight with Scrubbing Bubbles.

It should also be noted, the Taliban endorsed Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

When the Taliban controlled Afghanistan 20 years ago, only Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates recognized them. The Taliban has barely had the capital, Kabul, for 24 hours, but they’re already being recognized by China and Turkey says they’re willing to talk and open diplomatic relations. But Donald Trump had recognized and legitimized the Taliban back in 2020.

Let Afghanistan be a lesson. While people are shocked the Taliban can recapture the government after 20 years out of power, this is exactly what Republicans are trying to do to our nation. Like the Taliban, Trump and MAGAt America are willing to retake our government against the will of the people. At a conservative conference for fucknuts, former Trump national security adviser, now-disgraced general, and recipient of a Trump pardon, Michael Flynn, endorsed the idea of having a Myanmar-style coup to restore Trump to power.

Donald Trump and his MAGAts are just as horrible and oppressive as the Taliban. They both will imprison political opposition, oppress women, allow a tyrant to rule the nation, and dictate law according to religion.

All those MAGATs who attacked the capitol, the MyPillow Guy, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Fox News, every Republican groveling to Trump, and the entire Trump family are the Trump Taliban. Everyone who believes Trump won the 2020 election are the Trump Taliban. Everyone who believes or wishes he’d return to power without being elected are the Trump Taliban. When we oppose the Trump Taliban, we’re not just fighting for our political will. We’re fighting to save our nation.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

image.png.69774747be84030f5042d76d34afef9b.png

"Yee-Haw On The Grid"

Here’s a fact: Country folks are stupid. If you live outside of a city, you’re probably a moron. I’m just kidding.

I am from the south. I have lived in Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, and Mississippi. My son was born in Mississippi and he lives there today. My career started in that state and was trained in the newspaper business by some of the smartest and most talented people I have ever met, who were all southerners. That isn’t surprising when you realize some of America’s greatest writers are from the south. Dumb people don’t write.

I see myself as a mixed breed. I’m a southerner and a Yankee. When I crack on the south, it’s the same as when I crack on white people.

I have lived in cities, a suburb of Chicago, on a Pacific island, and in the deep south. In the south, I have lived in towns and in the country. I have lived in houses, condos, and trailers. While I love fried chicken and banana pudding, I would rather eat a pastrami sandwich with Swiss cheese and dark mustard from a Jewish deli than be forced to eat grits, dumplings, or collard greens. I’m a weird mix. And as you know, I’m also very liberal. Like myself, the south is very complicated.

But it is a fact that education in southern states is not as good as it is in the north. There are exceptions to this. There are people in the south who are very educated and enlightened. They are called liberals. There are left-wingers with twangs in their accents. But they are the minority in the south.

A recent study by WalletHub finds the most educated states are in the north. From one to ten, these are Massachusetts, Maryland, Connecticut, Vermont, Colorado, Virginia, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Minnesota, and Washington. These are all northern states with the exception of Virginia, which has seen an influx of northern immigrants over the past two decades and is now a blue state.

The study says the worst educated states, 50 to 41, are West Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Nevada, South Carolina, and New Mexico. With the exception of New Mexico, all of these states are red. They have Republican senators, legislatures, and with exception of Louisiana, governors. They are also the poorest states with a higher percentage of their citizens receiving welfare benefits. It’s also the Bible Belt.

Stupidity, religion, and Republicanism go hand-in-hand.

Right now in the south, people are screaming at educators who are trying to educate and protect students from the coronavirus. In the south, teachers, doctors, and nurses are being vilified. Education is looked on in the south as a bad thing. People with degrees are often accused of being elitists. A family member of mine with a degree is constantly criticized for it by her own mother and brothers. They actually think it’s an insult to mention her degree and education. By the way, her degree is from a southern university.

President Biden wants to increase broadband in rural America. This is great. The internet provides access to more information. As the population grows smarter, a nation progresses. Smarter people tend to vote for better ideas and better people. Colleges don’t teach you how to be liberal. Colleges teach critical thinking. When you think critically, you use more facts. Using facts tends to make people liberal. So, Republicans are not excited about bringing more information to more Americans.

Republicans prosper with stupidity. Instead of having new ideas and telling the truth to their voters, they would rather make it harder for non-Republicans (black people) to vote and campaign on lies. Democrats tend to tell the truth. According to Gallup, Democrats have a 13 point advantage over Republicans with college educated voters.

But lies do work depending on who you’re talking to and where you’re talking. If you’re talking to a white person in the south, your lies have a better chance of becoming gospel. And by increasing internet access to rural Americans, the immediate impact will probably be a greater spread of Qanon bullshit.

A greater access of the internet to rural whites will help spread lies about Jewish space lasers, Trump being reinstated, deep-state lizard people, microchips in the vaccines, Hugo Chavez rigged voting machines, and there’s a national crisis of demon sperm. An American Qanon follower murdered his two children with a spear gun last week in Mexico. Why? He claimed he was “enlightened by QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories.” He told police he was “receiving visions and signs revealing that his wife possessed serpent DNA and had passed it onto his children” and by killing them, he was “saving the world from monsters.”

This man and Qanon are the monsters. Republicans feed these monsters. Spreading these lies is dangerous. That was proven by the Trump insurrection at the Capitol which was based on the lie he won and had the election stolen from him. In 2016, a Qanon follower shot up a Washington, DC pizza parlor over an internet rumor the restaurant was a hub of a satanic child sex abuse ring operated by Hillary Clinton and other Democrats. I’ll have my pizza without the pineapple and demon sperm, please.

At this very moment, we are the only nation in the world pleading with its population to be vaccinated. We are the only nation that has vaccines expiring because people are refusing to take them. We’re also the same nation that was outraged when its first lady tried to introduce more vegetables to school lunches.

While you might think it’s hilarious that 33 percent of Irish believe in leprechauns and 54 percent of Icelanders believe in elves, over 55 percent of U.S. citizens believe in angels.

U.S. citizens always see themselves as the most enlightened, modernized, and most educated. We are none of those. We may be the dumbest first-world nation despite having the third most internet users in the world. Over 312 million people in this nation are on the grid. How many are on 4chan vs. how many are using Wikipedia? A lot of people are weaponizing the internet, like Donald Trump. Not everyone is sharing cat pictures and what they had for lunch. Right now, I bet you’re looking up that Iceland/Elf thing.

President Biden wants to give rural America more internet access. I actually think that’s good while also thinking it can be dangerous. While the internet shouldn’t be regulated by the government, it should be monitored. You can’t spread demon sperm without a router.

I have fun picking on the south and rural America, but it’s really Republican country I have a problem with. Republican America is Land of the Duh.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Gee, the Taliban and Republican party sound like twins:

20210816_red2.JPG

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

image.png.0c9b7c85204880e1c860bc9c5577ca07.png

"Be Cruel To Your School"

When did scientists, doctors, nurses, and educators become the bad guys? Why are the people trying to save lives being vilified by the right? A few days ago, I wrote about how stupid our nation is. This doesn’t help. And not only are we stupid as a nation, we’re horrible and vile.

We are still in the Trump era. President Biden defeated Donald Trump in the election but that was just a battle. The war isn’t over. Since the Trump era began, the right has been given clearance to be as ugly as they possibly can.

Right-wingers protested at a school board meeting last week in Tennessee. As members of the school board who advocated for mask mandates were leaving, they were barraged by right-wingers threatening them, shouting that they’ll be “watching them” and stuff like, “We know where you live.” When did this shit become OK? But then again, these are the same people who defend terrorists.

Every day, it seems MAGA gives me something new to make me disgusted with my country. Do you remember when parents used to care for their children and wanted to protect them from being sick? Now, MAGAts will risk the lives of their children for their dogma.

• Upvote 11

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic