IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Who is this dude in the cowboy hat slinging highly-quotable soundbites left and right? I applaud his apparent media savvy, but I hope that (for his own sake) in the full documentary he doesn’t go any further than evidence and personal anecdotes can reasonably take him. 

That gentleman is Rusty Beene. I remember him being a good guy and a VERY hard worker! He was an extremely down to earth, no bullshit dude, even during his time in RF. He’s helped my family out on a few occasions/rough spots during our tenure there. His story is going to blow a ton of people’s minds.

RF did a number on him to say the least...

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

The documentary has finally been announced in public. It was true despite some doubting it. I always strongly believed RFsurvivor 1&2 were credible along with the other who joined here that has been famous for legally battling Gwen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/human-interest/new-hbo-max-doc-the-way-down-gwen-shamblin-lara/%3Famp%3Dtrue

This was announced ages ago and there is a lot of discussion about the doc in the last few threads. 

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

That gentleman is Rusty Beene. I remember him being a good guy and a VERY hard worker! He was an extremely down to earth, no bullshit dude, even during his time in RF. He’s helped my family out on a few occasions/rough spots during our tenure there. His story is going to blow a ton of people’s minds.

RF has done a number on he, his marriage and his family to say the least.

Thank you! Initially I was just a bit taken aback by someone I didnt recognize who was comparing Gwen to the devil. But I actually do know who he is then, it’s just that we never actually met in person and a lot of years have passed since the last time I saw him on a webcast. He was a member for a long time, if Im correct, so unfortunately for him I’m sure he has a lot of experiences with Gwen and RF to back up his opinions. Good for him for being brave enough to speak out!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I looked for comments on a Google search.  On one site posted 16 days ago (https://meaww.com ), there was a comment about Joe's ex.  The comment implied that Natasha is "keeping company" with Gryder (whom the writer described as a psycho, although he spelled it "phsyco".)   The writer added that Natasha was after the insurance money.

On another, there was a comment that implied Natasha was the one who initiated the documentary because the director is also Serbian.  This was easy to debunk.  The director is American but her grandfather was Serbian.  I suppose one could loosely call her Serbian-American but it's a stretch. 

I guess there might be a grain of truth somewhere in there but I think all of it is mostly an attempt at spin.  I'm surprised that we haven't seen more.  They've got to know how bad this all looks.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Please forgive a "furgitfle" old woman, but,

Did somebody say Mike & Liz are to debut tonight (tomorrow?) during RF services?

How does one watch live?

And if one can only watch live as an RF member, when are the recordings available and where?

Word on the street is that Elizabeth is assuming the leadership role during the "Feast of Tabernacles," and it is scheduled for today (9/24) at 4pm- according to their visitor webcast page, you can create an account and watch live. I think others have mentioned before, the webcasts are available for a few days after, but then they are gone. I believe they also have the Weigh Down All Access, and that requires the monthly subscription, but there is an app and Im not sure what other content is on that- i never wanted to give my credit card to find out. lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

15 minutes ago, Xan said:

On another, there was a comment that implied Natasha was the one who initiated the documentary because the director is also Serbian.  This was easy to debunk.  The director is American but her grandfather was Serbian.  I suppose one could loosely call her Serbian-American but it's a stretch. 

Actually, her father is Serbian according to Wikipedia and her mother was born in Yugoslavia, but it doesn't say her ethnicity.  Natasha is an actress and from her photos knows a lot of people in Hollywood.  I'd be surprised that she wouldn't know or seek out a fellow Serbian-American.  But, that is just speculation on my part.  I saw her speaking in the trailer, so if they didn't know each other before, they know each other now.

Something interesting that I just came across.  It is Chrissy Tiegen's production company that is working on this with HBO Max...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUL5XDYpEcM/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

Actually, her father is Serbian according to Wikipedia and her mother was born in Yugoslavia, but it doesn't say her ethnicity.  Natasha is an actress and from her photos knows a lot of people in Hollywood.  I'd be surprised that she wouldn't know or seek out a fellow Serbian-American.  But, that is just speculation on my part.  I saw her speaking in the trailer, so if they didn't know each other before, they know each other now.

Something interesting that I just came across.  It is Chrissy Tiegen's production company that is working on this with HBO Max...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUL5XDYpEcM/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

Her dad was born in California but his parents were Serbian immigrants.  Thanks for pointing out that Natasha probably does know her and might have been an influence.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, Xan said:

I looked for comments on a Google search.  On one site posted 16 days ago (https://meaww.com ), there was a comment about Joe's ex.  The comment implied that Natasha is "keeping company" with Gryder (whom the writer described as a psycho, although he spelled it "phsyco".)   The writer added that Natasha was after the insurance money.

I guess there might be a grain of truth somewhere in there but I think all of it is mostly an attempt at spin.  I'm surprised that we haven't seen more.  They've got to know how bad this all looks.

When @Documentary first posted here, they eventually said that they were with the production company, Campfire Studios. I remember looking at the website and reading through the bios about their production team, down at the very bottom (I believe it was a production assistant), there was a woman (cant remember the name) who's hometown was listed as Brentwood, TN- she is not listed on their website anymore, but I'll add the link. IMO, who ever she is, is one of the reasons this doc came about. 

https://campfire.us/about

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

27 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

That single Chrissy Teigen post on Instagram regarding the documentary already has over 1.8 million views.

image.png.05e05d07f4eab915b8fdfbbf9368b6d8.png

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

That single Chrissy Teigen post on Instagram regarding the documentary already has over 1.8 million views.

Wow!  Maybe it will be the next Tiger King...

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

What is kind of insane and neat is how (someone can correct me if I am wrong) discussion of her, of the last 4 years or so, began here. I think that there was discussions of her many years ago on some websites where one ex member was facing legal battles with Gwen though since I know he had been working hard for many years trying to bring attention to the cult.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

Wow!  Maybe it will be the next Tiger King...

I don’t know if it will be the next tiger king since that documentary came out during lockdown when no one had anything to do but watch Netflix. However I do think it could get pretty popular. I always wondered why more attention wasn’t paid to RF and Gwen. It’s a perfect storm of things people are interested in. Diets, religion, cults, children, murder, and money. The only thing it’s missing is sex. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only thing it’s missing is sex. 

I started to say "Joe Lara!" since he was Gwen's arm candy but then I started thinking about Joe and Gwen and now I need brain bleach...

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

The Gwenshamblinlara site where thinspirationals used to be posted redirects to Weighdown.com now. You can still find the thinspiration but it doesn't look like Gwen posted it herself any longer.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The Gwenshamblinlara site where thinspirationals used to be posted redirects to Weighdown.com now. You can still find the thinspiration but it doesn't look like Gwen posted it herself any longer.

Gwen posting from beyond the grave … now that would be something!

• Haha 4

Just watched the service and no sign of Elizabeth or Michael. They're getting ready to rock out and have a dance party.

Been reading the Instagram comments on Chrissy Teigen's page and they are really something. Looks like a lot of people are excited about the documentary.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know if it will be the next tiger king since that documentary came out during lockdown when no one had anything to do but watch Netflix. However I do think it could get pretty popular. I always wondered why more attention wasn’t paid to RF and Gwen. It’s a perfect storm of things people are interested in. Diets, religion, cults, children, murder, and money. The only thing it’s missing is sex. 

As strange as Gwen came across, I don't think she comes anywhere close to how crazy Joe Exotic was!  

As far as it missing sex, wasn't there some rumors about infidelties?  Not so sure that is missing 😝

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

As strange as Gwen came across, I don't think she comes anywhere close to how crazy Joe Exotic was!  

As far as it missing sex, wasn't there some rumors about infidelties?  Not so sure that is missing 😝

In most male led cults, the head of the cult gets to have lots of sex if he wants it. David Karesh could sleep with all the women in the cult. Jim Jones slept with a bunch of women in the cult. Warren Jeffs took tons and tons of wives (underage too) and had sex with all if them. Then he said no one could have sex when he went to jail. Heavens Gate castrated themselves because they weren’t allowed to have sex. NXIUM of whatever it was called allowed Keith Ranier to have sex with all the women. Maybe because this cult was led by a woman, there was less emphasis on her getting to sleep with whoever she wanted. But I’m sure plenty of the people in the cult had hidden affairs. That happens everywhere. 

• Upvote 8

I think with the publicity from Chrissy Teigen the documentary will reach a larger audience. I can imagine her followers might be the type to watch that sort of series.

My slight fear is that some could be sucked into Weigh Down as a result, those who are more vulnerable to anorexia. I'm concerned they'd see people like Gwen who are clearly very skinny and see it as a successful diet. 

Edited by FrumperedCat
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

Just watched the service and no sign of Elizabeth or Michael. They're getting ready to rock out and have a dance party.

Maybe there is some truth to the idea that Elizabeth and Michael are slowly stepping away.  They probably have enough money that they don't have to worry about working.

Did they say anything about Elizabeth?  Did she call in or was she absent completely?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

Maybe there is some truth to the idea that Elizabeth and Michael are slowly stepping away.  They probably have enough money that they don't have to worry about working.

Did they say anything about Elizabeth?  Did she call in or was she absent completely?

There was no mention of them. No call in...nothing. Not even a feeble excuse as to their whereabouts,

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

20 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

Probably unpopular comment, but if they do get away, I'll give a little cheer.  They didn't ask to be born into the craziness.  Mike overate out of some discomfort (this, I *so* understand).  Liz - from what we saw in photos and such before the fatal crash - didn't seem especially into it.  And she's lost her husband.  And has 4 kids to finish raising, alone. IMHO, doesn't matter what their marriage relationship was like. And even though she has resources far greater than most young widows can begin to imagine, that's rough, right there.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

We were aware that one of the central features of the documentary would focus upon the destruction of the Smith family, so we wrote an article that lays out the facts of the episode and had been planning to do so for a while, so we finally released it.  

I believe the Smiths were good people with deep seated problems that got caught up with an evil system of control that deceived them into thinking what they were doing was divinely inspired and that what they should do got rapidly out of hand with them.

That's why it's a tragedy. They weren't monsters. They were indeed victims.

https://spiritwatch.org/RFsmithtragedy.htm

gwenspank.JPG

Edited by Pathologic Antagonist
  • Sad 3

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
9 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

image.png.05e05d07f4eab915b8fdfbbf9368b6d8.png

Chrissy Teigen loves to cook and loves to enjoy food for the sake of enjoying food. She has a good platform in place for countering Gwen and hopefully most of her followers arent the type that would be sucked into fad diets. Chrissy posts pics of delicious food constantly so she is actually the worst person to follow if you want to diet

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, freefromthin said:

There was no mention of them. No call in...nothing. Not even a feeble excuse as to their whereabouts,

So, who led the service?  Was it just more testimonies or members performing songs, playing instruments, etc?

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic