IGNORED

Antivax Olympian Is a Religious Homeschooler

NachosFlandersStyle

Now. I will be shallow and say whatever fundie or Evangelical girl he eventually marries will have a husband will a killer body and  have extremely healthy eating habits. No eating TTC here.How many of potential fundie husbands have both?  

Yes, I am sucker for muscles and tats and some of  these swimmers be making me have thoughts that cannot be righteously fulfilled as they they say. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Yes, he is very attractive, but I doubt he'll be allowed to marry for many years. It would interfer with his swimming. I also think his parents will have major issues with any girl that he's interested in, or is interested in him. 

I feel bad for the younger sister. Give the feminine version of her older brother's name, decent at swimming but quit because her mom wasn't happy she wasn't as good as her brother, spends much of her life traveling places just for her brother. 

That girl is going to have issues. 

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 7

That’s fair but reading about Medal winning athletes you find very many of them have siblings who are very good and have some level of success  but no where near the level of their brother or sister.Most  all of these siblings must deal with family lavishing attention, money and time on the  chosen one and frequently sacrificing a normal family life.  And always be expected to be supportive of them .I expect a lot of them not just Sister Andrew have issues. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

And that his family claims that his method is The One True Method, and that they are doing something completely off their own bat that no one else has thought of/is doing. 

This was what I was referring too in my previous post, it is "how" they are selling, not "what" they were selling that had me questioning them. It was the hard "One True Way" and the added, "We'll show them who is right" extra over the top from his Mom that really just was the topping on the cake. 

They are definitely sounding like conspiracy nuts and think we will hear even more from them if they get a mic in front of any of them. 

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Yes, he is very attractive, but I doubt he'll be allowed to marry for many years. It would interfer with his swimming. I also think his parents will have major issues with any girl that he's interested in, or is interested in him. 

I feel bad for the younger sister. Give the feminine version of her older brother's name, decent at swimming but quit because her mom wasn't happy she wasn't as good as her brother, spends much of her life traveling places just for her brother. 

That girl is going to have issues. 

In Michael's latest IG post, he called his sister Michaela his "best friend." Where have we heard that before in fundieland? 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1

14 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

but reading about Medal winning athletes you find very many of them have siblings who are very good and have some level of success  but no where near the level of their brother or sister.Most  all of these siblings must deal with family lavishing attention, money and time on the  chosen one

This triggered a memory about amazing Chinese painting prodigy Wang Yani whose talent emerged at 2.5 years old. From a 1989 NYT article GALLERY VIEW; A Painting Prodigy, but Still a Child:

Yani's brother "Qiangyu is 9 years old, and he, too, is exceptionally gifted as a painter. The family is considering discouraging him from painting. The fear is that his artistic development may inhibit Yani's spontaneity."

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 12
  • WTF 4

On 8/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

And in this case they absolutely are evangelical religious fanatics -- they just may not be IFB. I have no idea what denomination they are but a lot of their eccentricities are motivated by religious fervor.

I think they are probably like the Tebows. Religious enough to homeschool  but not PCC crazy , and in this case also with a heavy dose of conspiracy lunacy.

• Upvote 5

@Alisamer, the Together We Knit FB group (sptarted by Knit Picks) had a great post this morning about Tom Daley and his knitting, not only his pouch for his Gold Medal, but all the other things he's knitted: sweaters, babies' caps, non-competition budgie smugglers aka swim suits, doggie sweaters.  It was wonderful!  He's married to Dustin Lance Black, the screenwriter of Milk.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

On 8/1/2021 at 4:20 AM, Ozlsn said:

Kick him out. If he won't follow protocols then he shouldn't be able to compete (yes I know the swimming is over - hopefully he has left Tokyo now). The sacrifices he has made for his sport are irrelevant to the requirements to follow the protocols - no one cares if you trained 4am to 4pm daily, carried 100lb weights up 40 floors of stairs, and ate nothing but egg whites, just wear the mask as required or you don't get to the starters blocks.

Team USA Paintball ( I hadn't even known paintball was an Olympic event before now ) has kicked off the team this woman , for similar reasons , according to this NBC News article I just today read , which anyone interested can read at this link . https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/team-usa-paintball-player-kicked-team-after-backlash-over-controversial-n1276518  So this wouldn't be unprecedented if Michael Andrews were penalized in like manner . Not sure if the woman paintballer is fundie or not . 

Edited by Marmion
Technical error when posting
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

@Marmion paintball isn't an Olympic sport yet. I think they have international competitions.

That was such a mean video from that woman. I don't know if she's antivax or a Mean Girl with her sizeist comments.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1