IGNORED

(Possible Child Sexual Abuse Content) Josh and Anna 34: Plea Deal in the Making?

Coconut Flan

36 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

If Josh doesn’t take a plea deal last minute then he is an idiot, they have evidence that the password used to access the partition was has his date of birth and is the same as several passwords he used for personal and business use with FRC and him trying to blame it on other co workers, who are most if all his own brothers isn’t going to work because they have evidence pointing him to being present every time they were accessed and they would have also looked into when the other workers were present to rule him out. Josh is used to just getting a slap on the wrist when caught doing anything wrong and is likely hoping this time will be the same and the reality hasn’t set in for him yet that he will likely be spending years in prison. 

lets hope he decides to be an idiot so he gets more time

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Love 1

I will be all for Josh not making a plea deal, if it means that he gets found guilty and gets the maximum time. If not then I’d rather him make a plea deal and serve then rather get off.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

While I would very much like to see him do as much time as possible, however that comes about, I cannot say I won’t be relieved for the potential jurors if they don’t have to be exposed to the trauma that could come from seeing (or even hearing specifics about) the CSA that is involved here. That and a guarantee he’ll see jail time make me hope he takes a plea. 

• Upvote 26

14 hours ago, JustEnough said:

While I would very much like to see him do as much time as possible, however that comes about, I cannot say I won’t be relieved for the potential jurors if they don’t have to be exposed to the trauma that could come from seeing (or even hearing specifics about) the CSA that is involved here. That and a guarantee he’ll see jail time make me hope he takes a plea. 

I was just about to say something similar. Remember, for the jurors, what is seen cannot be unseen. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Babysitter said:

They have to be annoyed, especially the wife, who didn't seem to want him in the first place. But you know, she has to submit and be godly and follow her husband. They did get Anna's brother as a prize for their daughter when it took longer than the initial timeline of July, so that might have soothed them for a bit. But if he's still there during holidays, like if they can't do Thanksgiving and Christmas the way they do (and not see their family with children) because they have to babysit Josh, I wonder what they'll think/do. 

Please Rufus let Josh be tucked up safely behind bars before Christmas so the Rebers can have a  carefree Christmas joined by all their family ( Covid safe) without his goulish presence  hanging around the house. 

• Upvote 16
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 8/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Justifiable homicide.  For the record I’ve gotten away with a lot of stuff.  I’ve never been a victim without turning the tables.

It's not justifiable homicide, from a legal standpoint. Killing someone in retaliation is called murder. Additionally, if prosecutors prove you planned it, i.e. premeditation (in states that still make a distinction in their homicide statutes) you would be convicted of 1st degree murder. How do you adequately protect your children if you're in prison, without possibility of parole? 

• Upvote 7

On 9/17/2021 at 11:26 AM, sixcatatty said:

Not to mention the US Supreme Court hass made it clear that if you ask for a lawyer AND KEEP TALKING DESPITE THE REQUEST, you have, in the vernacular, screwed yourself. But clients are their own worst enemy.

It wouldn't matter, anyway. He wasn't in custody, when they took his phone. 

• Upvote 2

I don't see Josh pleading out. He's too arrogant to admit any wrongdoing. Daddy's brand can't afford the publicity, neither can IBLP, as that connection has already been written about. If he's convicted, he can bitch and whine about being "railroaded" or whatever other bullshit he can come up with (See TFG and relitigating the election over and over almost a year later). If he pleads out, he's admitting guilt. I doubt seriously he'd be offered any sort of Alford plea either. His choices all suck, but then again, he's solely responsible for what went down. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 4

25 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I don't see Josh pleading out. He's too arrogant to admit any wrongdoing. Daddy's brand can't afford the publicity, neither can IBLP, as that connection has already been written about. If he's convicted, he can bitch and whine about being "railroaded" or whatever other bullshit he can come up with (See TFG and relitigating the election over and over almost a year later). If he pleads out, he's admitting guilt. I doubt seriously he'd be offered any sort of Alford plea either. His choices all suck, but then again, he's solely responsible for what went down. 

You are right that all his choices are bad.  The question is which choice will he consider less bad.

As I understand what we have discussed before, pleading guilty may get him out of jail a few years earlier and will save the costs and the publicity of a trial which his lawyer will surely explain he is very likely to lose.

It is certainly possible that he will prefer to go to trial, but I think if he does it will be because he has an unrealistic idea about the chances he has to be acquitted.  I don’t think he would choose to protect the myth that he didn’t do it at the expense of additional time in prison.

When you figure that JB is probably not unaware of how strong the case against Josh is, you have to wonder if he would pay for a hopeless defense (and maybe have things come out in trial that the Duggars would prefer to keep quiet).  If JB won’t pay, Josh would not have the fancy lawyers, so his choice would then be between pleading guilty and going to trial with a public defender.

All in all, pleading guilty might be his best choice.  The question is whether he (and JB) would see it that way.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 9/26/2021 at 7:32 AM, Glasgowghirl said:

If Josh doesn’t take a plea deal last minute then he is an idiot, they have evidence that the password used to access the partition was has his date of birth and is the same as several passwords he used for personal and business use with FRC and him trying to blame it on other co workers, who are most if all his own brothers isn’t going to work because they have evidence pointing him to being present every time they were accessed and they would have also looked into when the other workers were present to rule him out. Josh is used to just getting a slap on the wrist when caught doing anything wrong and is likely hoping this time will be the same and the reality hasn’t set in for him yet that he will likely be spending years in prison. 

your words to rufus's ears years and years and years and years in prison 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 3

On 9/22/2021 at 10:59 AM, Four is Enough said:

Oh, if Anna thinks she has one sympathetic person, she'll announce.

I sure hope she didn't go to where Josh is to HAVE the baby, so he could be part of it... that would be taking hospitality a bit too far...

Now that you mention hospitality limits, I've been wondering how the wife and daughter (I forget their names) are feeling about this now that they have been dealing with the day-to-day reality of it and apparently will  continue to do so for some time. Does submission to the headship come with ANY limits?

• Upvote 6

Hannah is getting married to Anna’s brother on December 11th according to their registry. So at least she will be out of the house by then. But she’s binding herself to Anna’s family. Therefore she will likely have to be around him at some point in the future. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

I expect her husband is long past the store being out of the ingredients for his favorite meals and is now on the path of dinner being late, sandwiches on stale bread, and the TV or radio being on his most hated channel when he walks into the door.  He may be in the territory of all the toilets being flushed every time he's in the shower or the washing machine needing to run and half his clothes vanishing in the laundry.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

He may be in the territory of all the toilets being flushed every time he's in the shower or the washing machine needing to run and half his clothes vanishing in the laundry.

Holy mother of Rufus, I hope he does his own laundry or Anna does it for him.  No one else should have to go near...that.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I was talking about Mr. Reber who is forcing his wife to have Josh as a houseguest.  

Patsymae asked how the wife was feeling about all this now after Josh has been there for months.  I was pulling from my best southern wifely moments catalog for dealing with a husband who has taken a wrong turn.  Mr. Flan despised spaghetti.  Yep, you guessed it spaghetti promptly appeared on the table if he crossed my path.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

JB is also in a difficult position.  He's paying for the lawyers, but they are Josh's.  JB isn't getting any extra info other than what Josh says to him, the lawyers aren't allowed to tell him things Josh tells them in confidence.

If JB sees which way the wind is blowing (which I think he will, because there are lots of nasty things JB is, but stupid isn't one of them) and wants to stop funding the lawyers, that has its own public draw backs.  If JB had never funded them in the first place, that's fine (it would have looked better publicly), but now he's started, stopping will make bad headlines for JB.  JB stops supporting son, JB abandons son, why stop the funding now?  All sorts of nasty public headlines about his hypocrisy. 

It could also lead to retaliation from Josh or even Anna.  Either of them with nothing to lose could go to the press and release more of JBs dirty secrets.  We know JB has them, they may be legal (we don't know that he's broken laws), but he's certainly done scummy things which he wouldn't want the public knowing.  Stopping the funding and cutting Josh and Anna loose has its own very big risks and it may that for him continuing to poor money through the sinking ship, now he's started may be the least bad or a bunch of bad choices.

And if I'm feeling really nice about JB (which I'm not), he may be worried that pissing Anna and Josh off would damage the M kids who likely get a lot of emotional stability from Duggar support systems.  Though I suspect that the M kids are the least of his considerations, one could hope.

• Upvote 16

19 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Please Rufus let Josh be tucked up safely behind bars before Christmas so the Rebers can have a  carefree Christmas joined by all their family ( Covid safe) without his goulish presence  hanging around the house. 

I have no sympathy for the Rebers.....none.  They made a deal with the Devil and Satan's imp is now a houseguest.  Tough!

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I don't see Josh pleading out. He's too arrogant to admit any wrongdoing.

If it goes to trial, any bets on whether Joshy would testify!?!?!?  That would be quite a spectacle.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I feel very sorry for Hannah Reber. Her description of how David made her feel made me think she doesn’t have very high self esteem. That and having to live in the same house as Josh has to be awful. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5

There was supposedly a hearing this morning at 9:30am -- but no one seems to be discussing yet, either here or on Reddit. Does anyone know which news sources typically have the first updates about the court proceedings? I keep looking for new news, but haven't had any luck yet!

• Upvote 4

If it goes to trial, any bets on whether Joshy would testify!?!?!?  That would be quite a spectacle.

If his lawyers are any good, they won’t let him.
  • Upvote 6

Josh would probably insist on testifying because he'd think he could talk his way put of any charges. He's always been able to so in his mind he would think he could do it again.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Any word from the court?

I am hoping that Emily Baker will cover it on her Coffee and Cursey Words Tuesday morning Youtube show tomorrow. Unfortunately, I will have to listen to it later because I have promised to set up a PC for a friend. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic