IGNORED

Jana Duggar 12: Will She or Won't She?

nelliebelle1197

I’m trying to convince all my friends to wear matching outfits on our holidays. It breaks my heart that I’m the only one that thinks that’s the pinnacle of cool and fun. They’re like gtfo with your matching shit. Lucky I love them. But I wants some sweet arse matching Hawaiian 🌺 print  moo moo dresses. Should really google that because I know that’s not how it’s spelt. Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Do Jana and Laura both have matching black hats? I think that is cute. I want Jana happy and hope she can find happiness away from JB &Michelle. It is very sad that all of them have to fear JB giving them the Jill treatment. Michelle didn’t raise the kids. I don’t like speculating. Not everyone has to get married. Many fundie girls don’t and many of them marry much later than their siblings/peers so again, I don’t like speculating. I just find it interesting if they chose to get matching hats.

@SassyPants If Jana does not play by JB rules, she will not be able to see the kids she raised. JB has treated Jill terribly. 

JB only cares about protecting the Duggar last name and doesn’t care about his daughters.

8164F850-742C-4BF3-A24A-0697C0668B4D.thumb.jpeg.706556797462eb2c948ffb1e3fe08ffe.jpeg

The most matchy are the 2 non Duggars - matching Dodgers shirts, sunglasses, jeans.
They’re at a daytime baseball game, probably 80% of the folks there had baseball caps on, although @ Dodger stadium most probably wore a blue cap w/ the LA logo on it like Jinger’s, plus a substantial minority of attendees most likely wore the opposing team’s cap color w/ logo. If you aren’t a fan of either team you opt for a neutral color - like a black cap w/ no logo, because sitting out in the sun in stadium seats for 3 hours watching a baseball game = sunburn unless you wear a hat.

My stadium cap wearing ‘expertise’ is based on years of attending pro baseball games - go Giants :)

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

The black hats are Dodgers caps - just with black logo on black background. You can see the logo better in the close up photo of Jana and Jinger. I’d guess they bought whatever hat looked cutest (or non-description) to them when they arrive at the stadium.

• Upvote 10

It fascinates me that the two non-Duggar girls are wearing Mookie Betts jerseys. I know his jerseys are among the most popular, but I would've guessed they'd go for Cody Bellinger instead. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

I don't wish her to be happy. I don't wish any of the adults happy or unhappy - but I do wish them enough discomfort with their lifestyle that they critically examine it.

Wishful thinking, though. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

It fascinates me that the two non-Duggar girls are wearing Mookie Betts jerseys. I know his jerseys are among the most popular, but I would've guessed they'd go for Cody Bellinger instead. 

Prior to the game I doubt that group could name any Dodger player, let alone know their number, thus I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t know who #50 was. My guess is that they went to the merchandise store in the stadium and there were a lot of Mookie jerseys and/or they were discounted - he’s not having the greatest season (for him) and he just came back in late August from a 16 day stint on IR.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 1

People wearing matching stuff at a sports game is hardly a shocker, I have the Celtic game on Saturday with oldest nephew I will have something related to the team on and same when I take his brother to both our first Scotland game we will have our Scotland tops on. I had promised them both years ago I would get them the Scotland tops years ago if they qualified for a tournament and last November they finally did and because the oldest one was now in adult sizes it cost £120 for 2 tops, was happy and mad at the same time.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

On 9/5/2021 at 6:48 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I’m trying to convince all my friends to wear matching outfits on our holidays. It breaks my heart that I’m the only one that thinks that’s the pinnacle of cool and fun. They’re like gtfo with your matching shit. Lucky I love them. But I wants some sweet arse matching Hawaiian 🌺 print  moo moo dresses. Should really google that because I know that’s not how it’s spelt. Lol

I’d match with you! My adult daughter still likes to match 😆 and it makes me way happier than I care to admit. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I’d match with you! My adult daughter still likes to match 😆 and it makes me way happier than I care to admit. 

That is all89F4EBED-C2D8-40CB-B669-3FE5F71C8BDF.thumb.jpeg.631eab654dde2b477b2568e7f824f4e6.jpeg

• Haha 13

When I worked at a short order breakfast joint in high school, there was a couple in their 40s or 50s that always matched 100% down to their sneakers. They had matching umbrellas and jackets and ball caps. I've always shied away from matching because it was so bizarre. Maybe my daughter will want to match when she gets bigger and I'll finally get over it.

• Love 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 4:55 PM, Flossie said:

I liked my wedding, although I think my MIL and Sister in law thought it was lacking in romance and formality.  My MIL got married at a court house, so you'd think she'd have been on board with our carefree and minimalist approach, but then again, she and my Sister in law spent months trying for the perfect wedding when SIL got married, and even then that one was was nice but produced on a budget.  I think my FIL thought that we should have appeared to put more effort into it, simply so he could be assured that we were taking it seriously.  But he was also keen to get his son married because we already had two kids.

I chose the church because it had nice stained glass windows that I'd always admired.  I got our rings for $5 (for the set) from Walmart.  I got a matching top and skirt on sale with money sent by my stepmother.  We got my husband a nice set of slacks and a button down shirt from Walmart.  He wore his dress shoes from the Navy, even we knew his work boots or sneakers wouldn't fly for a wedding.

We forgot to get a wedding license until the last minute, and only got it on time when one of the drivers who knew we were getting married the following weekend asked why she hadn't seen us mentioned in the local paper as having applied for one.  So hubby's boss let him off for the afternoon so we could attend to that.

I'd forgotten to order the cake so I went to a local supermarket and ordered a quarter sheetcake, and had to pick it up just hours before the wedding.  It wasn't right, and the employee prepared herself for me having a royal fit, but I was in a hurry and said I'll take it.  My Sister in law was astounded that I didn't demand the changes to be made or at least get a discount, but the cake wasn't a priority to me.

I stopped to pick up my Maid of Honor and her two kids and we went to my in laws house where we all got dressed.  My Sister in law was shocked that I was only planning on wearing some foundation and a little blush and only brought a curling iron for my hair.  So she insisted on glamming me up as much as possible in the small amount of time we had.

Since there were only about a dozen of us at the church, the pastor simply brought all of us up and me and my Maid of Honor stood facing soon-to-be hubby and his father.  The pastor stood on one side and the other attendees stood in a semi circle on the other.  Just after the ceremony started, my Maid of Honor's son, an infant at the time, started crying.  She tried to hold him, but he didn't want her.  The adults passed him around until he landed in my father's arms,  where he snuggled up and went to sleep.  This was the first time either of them had met.  I thought it was cute.  I don't think the pastor did.  We raced through the ceremony in record time and then all of us went to my in laws house for a barbeque.  Except the pastor, I think he hoped to never see us again, and he didn't.  When a pastor invites you to stop by sometime for a service, and he's saying it through gritted teeth, the invitation loses something.

The rest of the day was great.  Since it was July, we changed into comfortable clothes and hung out in the back yard eating barbequed chicken and hot dogs.  We had plenty of side dishes and just whiled the day away .  When one of the kids got tired we put a blanket under the crabapple tree and let them sleep.  Eventually we divided up the leftover food and cake and we all went home.

My sister in law tried to be nice, but it was obvious she couldn't understand why we were satisfied.  We said it was fine, we wanted to get married, and now we were.  The barbeque was good.  The cake tasted good.  Everyone had a good time.

The next day my new husband and I packed up the kids and spent a week wandering around Northern California.  We didn't have a schedule, we just went where the mood took us.  We toured the Tillamuck Cheese Factory, wandered through the Redwoods, and stopped by a farm that had Emus.  We stayed in little motels along the way and eventually ended up on the coast.  The kids loved playing in the sand and we took them out for wave jumping a couple of times when the surf was mild.  At some point we went to a small coastal aquarium and we got to pet some sea anemones.

We'd taken an electric frypan, a hotplate, and a big cooler stocked with food.  We had some canned fruit and veggies, some dry foods like cereal and bread, etc. so I did most of the cooking in the hotel room.  We had to restock the ice daily and after a couple of days we had to buy more food.  But gas prices were lower than expected so we had extra money.  At least once we ate at a little family diner and got to squeeze in a bonus night on our honeymoon.  It messed up our plan to spend a full day at home recovering from traveling, instead we got home late Sunday.  It was worth it.

There's a lot to be said for having a set itinerary, but sometimes just moseying along fills the bill.  

Getting a ring from Walmart is so Uber white thrash it’s hilarious. The fact that you and your partner didn’t even want to spend time and a bit more money on a nice remembrance of your life long commitment, explains a lot about the, ehm, BS content of your posts. 

• Angry 2
  • Downvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Sajdeb said:

Getting a ring from Walmart is so Uber white thrash it’s hilarious. The fact that you and your partner didn’t even want to spend time and a bit more money on a nice remembrance of your life long commitment, explains a lot about the, ehm, BS content of your posts. 

what a horrible, mean-souled thing to say.

• Upvote 22
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 16
  • Thank You 2

55 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

what a horrible, mean-souled thing to say.

No. No it really isn’t. It’s lazy and white trash. Go to a simple shop, pawnshop. Take some time with your partner. Buying a five dollar SET of rings is just helping slavery in China or Bangladesh or whatever third world country that crap is made in.

• Fuck You 1

There would have been other and better ways of explaining your concerns over how the rings were made without being so very rude.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12

35 minutes ago, Sajdeb said:

No. No it really isn’t. It’s lazy and white trash. Go to a simple shop, pawnshop. Take some time with your partner. Buying a five dollar SET of rings is just helping slavery in China or Bangladesh or whatever third world country that crap is made in.

My original engagement ring was from Wal-Mart. We are nether lazy or white trash. My now husband and I however were young (he was 19 and I was 20). He worked his butt off, had two jobs at the time, and did the best with what he had. We had been together for 3 years at that point so not rushing into anything. Ironically, the ring he got me (at lot more than $5 I will add) at WalMart, we found the matching wedding band at Kay Jewelers a year later.

We've been married for 15 years now (together for 20) and he upgraded my rings a few years ago with my late Grandmother's wedding set that had been left to me in her will. He had them resized, repaired and cleaned and then bought me a matching anniversary band. Sometimes it's not about the money or the ring, a ring is just a ring at the end of the day. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 18

Here’s my ring story:  Mr CL bought a ring set at a mall for his first fiancée when he was 19.  They broke up a few weeks later, and he stashed the rings in his parents’ safe deposit box.  Fast forward about four years to when he and I got married, and I now have those same rings.  I’ve been wearing only the band for more than 15 years because the diamond fell out of the engagement ring and we never bothered to get it replaced.  We had our 25th anniversary during lockdown last year.  @Flossie is right:  at the end of the day, it’s just jewelry.

Edited by catlady
Typo
  • Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Sajdeb said:

That’s ridiculous.  We didn’t get expensive rings(cheap ones from a chain store, yep) my dress was less than $70, and husband’s family made a nice potluck dinner for after the ceremony.  And we were making well over six figures at the time; we just had different priorities than expensive wedding stuff.  We used the money we would have spent on all of that on an investment house that’s now worth four times what we paid for it then.

We’ve been married almost 13 years and still going strong, so clearly the amount of money you put into jewelery isnt a sign of the strength of your relationship.

White trash my ass. 

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Karma said:

@Flossie  I smell a troll. They’re best ignored. Some people just have no life. Are sad humans. Or just like to make trouble. 

Definitely a troll. It’s best not to feed it. It reminds me of another troll that was around a month or two back. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Definitely a troll. It’s best not to feed it. It reminds me of another troll that was around a month or two back. 

Excellent catch. Taking care of it now.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 15

At least a freshly bought ring set from WalMart doesn't carry the bad ju-ju that a pawned set might..

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sajdeb said:

Isn't the term "white trash" kind of... a little racist? Like, having to specify "white" means that people would assume you meant "not white" otherwise? I've been told that this is the case. 

Personally I think trolling people is trashy, but that's just my opinion. 

I don't care where people buy their rings or even if they even have wedding rings. You do you. Tiffany diamonds, a gumball machine, get a tattoo instead, whatever. For some people the rings matter, for others they don't. My dad hasn't worn his wedding band since before I was born (he's a mechanic). My mom had a simple wide gold band and didn't have an engagement ring until she bought herself one when she was working part time at a jewelry store at some point when we were in elementary school. My sister has some custom ring her hubby had made. I've been tempted to save up and buy myself a pretty moissanite ring or something at some point, because the chances of me getting married are slim and I want a pretty nice ring anyway. 

• Upvote 24

1 hour ago, Sajdeb said:

No. No it really isn’t. It’s lazy and white trash.

Well I guess I'm trash then. I've been married almost 23 years now. My wedding ring is a plain gold band (not 22karat gold either - I think 10 karat). We did not buy it at Walmart - we bought it Winners - a Canadian discount store. 

I CHOSE this. It is simple and unobtrusive and goes with all my other jewelry/clothes. It never snags a glove if I'm doing a procedure and I think it looks nice on my hand. I told my husband that I would rather spend the money on our home, our retirement, our pets, a nice vacation - really almost anything else. Not everyone needs a big rock to declare their love. I have zero regrets on not buying a fancier ring. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

I have a nice and expensive engagement ring/wedding ring set. And I never wear it. I prefer a thin plain gold band to wear everyday. I kind of wish I could go back in time and never bother spending a bunch of money on a set. A plain thin gold band is way more practical for me. I have big obtrusive rings. But I guess I just was caught up with what is trendy. Don’t get me wrong, I love my wedding set. It’s gorgeous. But it’s just not that practical for me these days. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic