IGNORED

Jana Duggar 12: Will She or Won't She?

nelliebelle1197

33 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Has Jana ever really gotten to do anything privately? Maybe she is just enjoying this time without cameras in her face constantly.

Probably not.  Definitely can't blame her for not wanting to be private.

• I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

OK now I'm curious about the end of this story. Any idea if / how long the marriage lasted?

One HS friend obsessively keeps track of everyone, so I do know. They’re still married. He’s sick and home bound.  They had a second child later. She takes care of him and works for a family business owned by her dad and uncle. He is not allowed in her parents’ home and her parents will not be anywhere he is. They had two grad parties for each kid—one with grandparents and that extended family and one with dad and everyone else. Apparently she never seems happy.  
I left out the worst part: we learned later that they started sleeping together when she was 16. 

• Sad 17
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Has Jana ever really gotten to do anything privately? Maybe she is just enjoying this time without cameras in her face constantly.

Even without the cameras, I doubt she has privacy in a house with her parents and 10? minor siblings. Plus I'm sure there is constantly people who don't technically live there any more constantly stopping by or living the garage or needing a babysitter. 

40 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I left out the worst part: we learned later that they started sleeping together when she was 16. 

Well, that's just horrifying. I mean, the entire story is horrifyingly bad, right down to the pineapple on the gazebo. I'm picturing it as a giant plastic pineapple, kind of like those old "Big Boy" statues that people like to steal from crappy restaurants. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

I'm starting to wonder about the whole Stephen and Jana relationship.  This seems to be a very long courtship based on fundie timelines.  I feel like they aren't engaged yet either although I could be wrong about that.  Taking more time to really get to know each other is always a good decision but it's unusual behavior for most fundies.

My bet is that there’ll be a wedding, possibly before the end of the year. But there can’t be a wedding until Stephen proposes & thus far there’s no evidence he’s done so. They’ve been together long enough per fundieland culture that it’s time for him to fish or cut bait. I seem to recall that Michael Bates & Brandon Keilen(?) courted a long time before he proposed?

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Even without the cameras, I doubt she has privacy in a house with her parents and 10? minor siblings. Plus I'm sure there is constantly people who don't technically live there any more constantly stopping by or living the garage or needing a babysitter. 

Well, that's just horrifying. I mean, the entire story is horrifyingly bad, right down to the pineapple on the gazebo. I'm picturing it as a giant plastic pineapple, kind of like those old "Big Boy" statues that people like to steal from crappy restaurants. 

It's a stone pineapple. It's actually a pretty little park, gated with a beautiful floral garden. I attended another wedding there a few years ago. But the pineapple on top of the gazebo always throws me off. It's so out of place. I mean...it's in Nebraska. There's nothing else tropical happening. It's so random and out of place. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

It's a stone pineapple. It's actually a pretty little park, gated with a beautiful floral garden. I attended another wedding there a few years ago. But the pineapple on top of the gazebo always throws me off. It's so out of place. I mean...it's in Nebraska. There's nothing else tropical happening. It's so random and out of place. 

Pineapples have long been considered a symbol of welcome, going back to the 15th century. It’s a long, convoluted history. See https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-hidden-history-of-the-housewarming-pineapple for the details. Ironically, they were used a lot in the stencil laden, country-esque decorating style popular in the Midwest in the early 80s. Perhaps the pineapple on the gazebo is meant as a sign of welcome?

Edited by carmenp97
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I mean...it's in Nebraska. There's nothing else tropical happening. It's so random and out of place. 

Parks are weird, though. There's a park here (Alaska) that has some statues of silverback gorillas. I've both made and heard some weird comments on that, as it's part of a marathon course. Other parks have statues of bears, polar bears, even waffles make more sense. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Apparently the pineapple is considered to be a good luck symbol and is widely used in Newport RI which is about as tropical as Nebraska.  https://www.saratoga.com/designing-saratoga/2012/05/symbols-in-your-home/

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Apparently the pineapple is considered to be a good luck symbol and is widely used in Newport RI which is about as tropical as Nebraska.  https://www.saratoga.com/designing-saratoga/2012/05/symbols-in-your-home/

all I can think of is swingers when it comes to pineapples lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

Pineapples are an infertility warrior symbol also. Raise your hand if you ever ate a full pineapple, including core, after ovulation. 🙋🏻‍♀️ (Meeeee!)

• I Agree 3
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Pineapples are an infertility warrior symbol also. Raise your hand if you ever ate a full pineapple, including core, after ovulation. 🙋🏻‍♀️ (Meeeee!)

core???? that must have been a hard swallow... I did brazil nuts apparently good for implantation.... 

• Upvote 1

And don't forget the old trick to induce labor by eating a whole pineapple. I ate plenty during my pregnancy and people kept warning me about delivering early. Baby was overdue instead.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 8/18/2021 at 3:27 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

Also very popular in Colonial Williamsburg, BA: https://www.slaveryandremembrance.org/almanack/life/christmas/dec_pineapple.cfm

"Each pineapple plant gives its own life to produce a single fruit, and since 1681, the pineapple has been recognized as a Christian symbol. Around this time, Christopher Wren began using pineapple finials on churches...The sweetness and unusual appearance of the pineapple and its association with fertility and agriculture made it a sought-after delicacy in colonial America. When it was served to guests, they were naturally flattered at the honor, and thus may have evolved the idea that the pineapple was considered a sign of the highest form of hospitality."

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Oh! I have a wedding horror story! Husband's cousin got married.

It was a full on Catholic Mass at 1 PM. Reception started at 6 PM. Reception was 2 hours away from the church, so I guess the time between was travel time? So, whatever. Our car- husband, me, his brother and brother's date- made the decision to grab a pizza for the drive, so we'd have something in our stomachs. We arrive at the reception, for the 6 PM start. Wedding party is no where to be found. They're doing pictures at a venue an hour in an opposite direction from the reception. But! The bar is open, and there was a single platter of cheese and crackers that got eaten in the first 10 minutes (boy, were we happy about that pizza!). The drinking commences. The Bridal party shows up at 8 PM. The reception hall opens. Dinner is served around 8:30. Bride's brothers have been drinking heavily. They get into a fist fight. Get separated. One disappears, the other starts crying and won't stop. Bride is also extremely drunk. Gets up to make speech. Thanks everyone for coming, then falls off the stage thingy, because she's so drunk. Groom is passed out on the table. Brides brother who had been crying gets up, grabs microphone, and makes announcement that his girlfriend is pregnant, oh, and his girlfriend is his 17 year old first cousin. Father of the Bride, brother's father, grabs his son and punches him in the face. At that point, we cut our losses and take off. Surprisingly, the marriage has lasted, even through a few year jail stint for the husband (from charges unrelated to the wedding).

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Also very popular in Colonial Williamsburg, BA: https://www.slaveryandremembrance.org/almanack/life/christmas/dec_pineapple.cfm

"Each pineapple plant gives its own life to produce a single fruit, and since 1681, the pineapple has been recognized as a Christian symbol. Around this time, Christopher Wren began using pineapple finials on churches...The sweetness and unusual appearance of the pineapple and its association with fertility and agriculture made it a sought-after delicacy in colonial America. When it was served to guests, they were naturally flattered at the honor, and thus may have evolved the idea that the pineapple was considered a sign of the highest form of hospitality."

Yes, popular in Colonial Williamsburg and in every fucking house of every goddam "Daughter of the American Revolution" in the entire Tidewater area. I shit thee not. How do I know? I grew up there

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The pineapple (and rental thereof) is a plot point in one of my favorite romance novels of the last few years! It’s My American Duchess by Eloisa James. 

Now they mostly make me think of swingers, thanks to TikTok. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, keen23 said:

Oh! I have a wedding horror story! Husband's cousin got married.

It was a full on Catholic Mass at 1 PM. Reception started at 6 PM. Reception was 2 hours away from the church, so I guess the time between was travel time? So, whatever. Our car- husband, me, his brother and brother's date- made the decision to grab a pizza for the drive, so we'd have something in our stomachs. We arrive at the reception, for the 6 PM start. Wedding party is no where to be found. They're doing pictures at a venue an hour in an opposite direction from the reception. But! The bar is open, and there was a single platter of cheese and crackers that got eaten in the first 10 minutes (boy, were we happy about that pizza!). The drinking commences. The Bridal party shows up at 8 PM. The reception hall opens. Dinner is served around 8:30. Bride's brothers have been drinking heavily. They get into a fist fight. Get separated. One disappears, the other starts crying and won't stop. Bride is also extremely drunk. Gets up to make speech. Thanks everyone for coming, then falls off the stage thingy, because she's so drunk. Groom is passed out on the table. Brides brother who had been crying gets up, grabs microphone, and makes announcement that his girlfriend is pregnant, oh, and his girlfriend is his 17 year old first cousin. Father of the Bride, brother's father, grabs his son and punches him in the face. At that point, we cut our losses and take off. Surprisingly, the marriage has lasted, even through a few year jail stint for the husband (from charges unrelated to the wedding).

Oh at this point I would have stayed. Free booze and drama! It's a show and entertainment. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Jana has gone blonde (ish) what do we think? 

35975BDD-3C3B-43C5-B06C-56993858AA85.png

Think she’s ready for that Pinterest perfect engagement (or wedding) 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 21

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Think she’s ready for that Pinterest perfect engagement (or wedding) 

That it's an expensive salon dye job, too.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Jana has gone blonde (ish) what do we think? 

I always love this color, I wonder what it looks like from the front.

I do think it is not very Jana-like to do this...

• Upvote 3

Looks like grey to me.. it's not ugly, but I wouldn't have chosen it. Definitely a professional job.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 21

14 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I always love this color, I wonder what it looks like from the front.

I do think it is not very Jana-like to do this...

Here you go:

607A60E8-5C5D-446F-9958-DE1627ADD994.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Here you go:

607A60E8-5C5D-446F-9958-DE1627ADD994.jpeg

BEC: She went to a salon and they didn't trim up the ends? Or is that a thing now?

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

BEC: She went to a salon and they didn't trim up the ends? Or is that a thing now?

The video did show the ends being trimmed.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic