IGNORED

Jana Duggar 12: Will She or Won't She?

nelliebelle1197

Worst, personally attended, wedding; 

October, as a bridesmaid in a pink acetate dress with silver high heeled booties, outdoors. It started sleeting. My heels sank into the ground with every step, nearly got hypothermia, and the reception (held in an unheated barn) food was all cold buffet items like veggies, fruit, cheese, and cookies.

Separated before Christmas, divorced by Valentine’s Day.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 14

5 hours ago, keen23 said:

When I was a young child (35-40 years ago?) I was the flower girl in a Christmas Eve wedding. I still remember it. It was so beautiful. Very old fashioned, heavy velvet dresses, old New England church, lucked out with getting fresh snow. It was like it was in a movie. The reception was at a very fancy golf club, decorated to the rafters with Christmas.

I was a junior bridesmaid in a December wedding 30ish years ago. Dresses were black velvet bodice with white tulle skirts. Church was built in the 1920’s, so a little extravagant feeling (for a small town in the South), and the church was already decorated with greenery and candles, the bride saved a ton of money on flowers! It was a traditional Southern Protestant (Methodist) wedding, so the reception was simple cake and punch in the church fellowship hall.

• Upvote 13

9 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I was a junior bridesmaid in a December wedding 30ish years ago. Dresses were black velvet bodice with white tulle skirts. Church was built in the 1920’s, so a little extravagant feeling (for a small town in the South), and the church was already decorated with greenery and candles, the bride saved a ton of money on flowers! It was a traditional Southern Protestant (Methodist) wedding, so the reception was simple cake and punch in the church fellowship hall.

My kind of wedding.  Why spend enough for a new car on a party?  Have a nice service and a reception in the church hall.  I had more than punch and cake (we are Hispanic, we have to feed people) but it was just a light lunch and champagne. We had toasts, conversation, good wishes and that was that.

My daughter wants dancing when she gets married, but since she has yet to find the groom, that may change. ?  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

My kind of wedding.  Why spend enough for a new car on a party?  Have a nice service and a reception in the church hall.  I had more than punch and cake (we are Hispanic, we have to feed people) but it was just a light lunch and champagne. We had toasts, conversation, good wishes and that was that.

My daughter wants dancing when she gets married, but since she has yet to find the groom, that may change. ?  

Sounds like my 1983, Italian wedding, except there was a buffet dinner.  My own daughter did City Hall and use the money for a down payment on a house.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Baba O'Riley said:

So I do not advise a December wedding unless you live in the warmer zones!!

I do not haha I live in the prairies in Saskatchewan with blizzards and -50 weather. I will still rock a Christmas wedding if given the chance!! 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

I desperately wanted a winter wedding. But when we got married, we were living hours away from 90% of our friends and family, who all had to drive in for the wedding and I had nightmares about a snow storm hitting and no one being able to make it to the wedding and so I got married in June instead. 

• Love 11

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

We had a picnic buffet for that reason. ? It was in a historic building in a park, so we had cover in case of bad weather, but plenty of room for attending kids to run around. Inexpensive and nice, and without loud music we had a lot of people who hadn't seen each other in a while having a chance to catch up.

• Upvote 5

Living in Australia, a Christmas wedding runs the risk of being a boiling summer wedding. The aforementioned graveyard wedding was held right before Christmas. Church Christmas decorations tend to be fairy lights and tinsel rather than greenery, because it will wilt and die in the heat. And it’s light until like 9pm so you wouldn’t get a lot of Christmasy pictures with candles and fairy lights. Certainly no snow!! Mind you, most places here you wouldn’t get snow in a July wedding either, you’d have to hold it in the mountains if that’s your jam. My own wedding was December 4, and fortunately it wasn’t too hot, but we did pay a premium on honeymoon flights and struggle to get our Christmas shopping done.

Worst wedding I’ve been to had nothing to do with the weather. It was a 2 day midweek semi-destination (5hr drive away) event that children could not attend. Getting an overnight babysitter for school aged kids on a Thursday & Friday means not only did WE have to take 2 days leave from work, my sister did too. Guests had to pay for their on-site accommodation, but were also expected to stay on site, to attend various events over the 2 days. Some paid ~$200 for a “glamping” tent next to other guests’ cabins, and were woken at 6am by peacocks right outside the tent. The couple were over an hour late to the ceremony. They were the only ones to give speeches, which went for 20min each, included a lot of swearing, and didn’t mention even a cursory thank you to the groom’s parents, who had paid for half the event (the brides family were thanked, even their dog got a mention). The reception hall ran out of drinking water but there were cases of wine left over. The bride and groom (& friends) had to do their own cleanup the next morning. I think they enjoyed their wedding, which is the main thing of course, but as a guest (especially one who doesn’t drink) it wasn’t much fun.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 3

On 8/4/2021 at 7:52 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My outdoor fall wedding was WINDY. That was our biggest issue. My veil went straight up into the air. Many pictures were taken with veil going crazy everywhere.

Sounds a bit like our photos... we had a late May wedding and in CA you know it won't rain then but I hadn't considered wind.  The ceremony and reception were indoors (reception had an outdoor garden as well) but we did photos outside and in most of them I'm holding onto my hat to keep it from flying away.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Smee said:

Living in Australia, a Christmas wedding runs the risk of being a boiling summer wedding. The aforementioned graveyard wedding was held right before Christmas. Church Christmas decorations tend to be fairy lights and tinsel rather than greenery, because it will wilt and die in the heat. And it’s light until like 9pm so you wouldn’t get a lot of Christmasy pictures with candles and fairy lights. Certainly no snow!! Mind you, most places here you wouldn’t get snow in a July wedding either, you’d have to hold it in the mountains if that’s your jam. My own wedding was December 4, and fortunately it wasn’t too hot, but we did pay a premium on honeymoon flights and struggle to get our Christmas shopping done.

Worst wedding I’ve been to had nothing to do with the weather. It was a 2 day midweek semi-destination (5hr drive away) event that children could not attend. Getting an overnight babysitter for school aged kids on a Thursday & Friday means not only did WE have to take 2 days leave from work, my sister did too. Guests had to pay for their on-site accommodation, but were also expected to stay on site, to attend various events over the 2 days. Some paid ~$200 for a “glamping” tent next to other guests’ cabins, and were woken at 6am by peacocks right outside the tent. The couple were over an hour late to the ceremony. They were the only ones to give speeches, which went for 20min each, included a lot of swearing, and didn’t mention even a cursory thank you to the groom’s parents, who had paid for half the event (the brides family were thanked, even their dog got a mention). The reception hall ran out of drinking water but there were cases of wine left over. The bride and groom (& friends) had to do their own cleanup the next morning. I think they enjoyed their wedding, which is the main thing of course, but as a guest (especially one who doesn’t drink) it wasn’t much fun.

Good gracious!  I assume you were related somehow to this rather self-centered couple and that is why you attended?  (Maybe you are related to the groom’s parents who didn’t get thanked?)  Personally, I would not have gone to a wedding scheduled at such an inconvenient time unless I was very closely related and couldn’t get out of it. ?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Good gracious!  I assume you were related somehow to this rather self-centered couple and that is why you attended?  (Maybe you are related to the groom’s parents who didn’t get thanked?)  Personally, I would not have gone to a wedding scheduled at such an inconvenient time unless I was very closely related and couldn’t get out of it. ?

I was married to the groom’s brother, so yeah. I do understand their reasons for some of the decisions, and they’re not ordinarily super selfish people, but it wasn’t a nice experience for me as a guest.

• Upvote 6

worst wedding attended: Over 2 hour break between end of ceremony and start of reception. Reception was about 15 minutes  away by car and no group transport provided. Reception was on one of these evening dinner cruises on the Potomac River, so once you boarded you were stuck there for 3+ hours, unless you wanted to escape over the side & swim. Food was mediocre, cash bar only, and the wedding cake was somehow simultaneously bland, stale and soggy.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2

On 8/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally like NYE weddings. Most people have the next day off anyway. 

My husbands Grandparents got married on NYE when they were 17. They are 85 now! 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 6

I got married in early May in NY. Our wedding and reception were indoors but we did pictures outside. It was chilly but not unbearable. I had originally wanted a destination wedding but the idea of my loved ones having to travel just for my wedding made me feel guilty and I decided to keep it local. 

My grandparents were married September 26, 1953. Late September in upstate New York is typically cool, crisp and very fally. Well it was about 80 degrees and my grandmothers bridesmaids were in burgundy velvet floorlength dresses. My grandmother was also wearing a high necked Lace gown. She said it was unbearably hot as the church had no cooling systems. 

A good friend of mine was married in December 2020. We had beautiful weather for her wedding. It was in the upper 50s and sunny. Three days later we got 4 feet of snow.

• Upvote 4

So, the Wissmanns have a performing break from today until September 2nd.

That's plenty of time for a wedding

Have they left a little hint on the last page of their instagram story-   the little wink at the end - just to tease us?

20210808_132612.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 2

On 8/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, Iamtheway said:

In Sweden people get married in the summer and usually either indoors or with a solid plan b in mind. ️ 

Same here in Finland.

November wedding here would most probably be the absolute worst: grey, bleak, dead nature, dark by 4 pm.  Of course, anyone in their right mind has indoor wedding during that time of year, but I still regard November as the most miserable and depressing month. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

So, the Wissmanns have a performing break from today until September 2nd.

That's plenty of time for a wedding

Have they left a little hint on the last page of their instagram story-   the little wink at the end - just to tease us?

20210808_132612.jpg

Logan and Susanna are pictured together again. Logan isn’t in a singing group so the only reason why he would tag along to the Lake Itasca festival is because he’s dating Susanna. Like I called last year ;) these Wissmanns must come to FJ to follow my dating advice. I said last year that Stephen and Jana should get together and Logan and Susanna should since they both fly. 

38B9504F-0398-4E32-9173-B0D6094C24F6.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Logan and Susanna are pictured together again. Logan isn’t in a singing group so the only reason why he would tag along to the Lake Itasca festival is because he’s dating Susanna. Like I called last year ;) these Wissmanns must come to FJ to follow my dating advice. I said last year that Stephen and Jana should get together and Logan and Susanna should since they both fly. 

38B9504F-0398-4E32-9173-B0D6094C24F6.jpeg

What does Logan Smith do for work?  It seems like he's always at some sort of fundie event.  Does his family have their own business?  I always wonder how they afford to travel so much and appear to have unlimited time off work.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

What does Logan Smith do for work?  It seems like he's always at some sort of fundie event.  Does his family have their own business?  I always wonder how they afford to travel so much and appear to have unlimited time off work.

I’m not sure. I believe he comes from a family of only 2 kids so I guess it’s possible he is supported by his parents. I’m sure his sister is being supported by their parents because she is a single mother to a baby. He might actually pick up some flying work. Like crop dusting or something like that. I haven’t seen him hanging out with the Bateses as much as he used to. Now he’s with Elijah or the Wissmanns all the time.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

At this point, I feel like Carlin might be the best chance of a leak of when the wedding actually is Becuase she seems incapable of not posting anything and everything and if she was travelling for a wedding, she would definitely share it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not sure. I believe he comes from a family of only 2 kids so I guess it’s possible he is supported by his parents. I’m sure his sister is being supported by their parents because she is a single mother to a baby. He might actually pick up some flying work. Like crop dusting or something like that. I haven’t seen him hanging out with the Bateses as much as he used to. Now he’s with Elijah or the Wissmanns all the time.

He's a commercial pilot but flies for a private company. I don't think he ever said which one though

• Upvote 2

I think Jana’s shower might be this weekend. Some of the Wissmann girls are road tripping to Missouri. But that could easily be code for NW AR. They could be stopping in Branson first, and then heading to AR. Esther Keyes is hanging out in AR with Abbie Burnett Duggar. And Carlin mentioned in her stories she can’t wait to see Joy. I’m just adding all this up to say there’s probably a shower this weekend.

ETA: someone just corrected me that Joy is visiting Carlin, not the other way around. So maybe no shower.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

ETA: someone just corrected me that Joy is visiting Carlin, not the other way around. So maybe no shower.

Carlin has said in the past that she waits to post things for safety reasons. I think we have to take that into account with all the bates and Duggar’s, what they’re posting may not be in real time 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, kbohn23 said:

Carlin has said in the past that she waits to post things for safety reasons. I think we have to take that into account with all the bates and Duggar’s, what they’re posting may not be in real time 

She posted Jed's visit after he was done, but in her stories last night Evan was working on their vlog in the background and that usually goes up Friday, so him working on it on Thursday night would fit and I think Joy is there.

Also JD and Nate are off somewhere together per Esther's instagram stories. Again, it could also be delayed or finished, but the combination of JD/Abbie and Joy being away makes me think nothing is happening this weekend. Also isn't Jill still in Oregon or on her way back?

ETA- didn't realized Nate and Esther were in Arkansas, I thought they were all vacationing somewhere together. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2

On 8/6/2021 at 1:24 PM, HereticHick said:

worst wedding attended: Over 2 hour break between end of ceremony and start of reception. Reception was about 15 minutes  away by car and no group transport provided. Reception was on one of these evening dinner cruises on the Potomac River, so once you boarded you were stuck there for 3+ hours, unless you wanted to escape over the side & swim. Food was mediocre, cash bar only, and the wedding cake was somehow simultaneously bland, stale and soggy.

Until you got to the boat part I thought maybe we were at the same terrible wedding. The worst I was to had the wedding around noon and the reception at dinner time. No activities in between. And the wedding and reception were not even remotely in the same area. Basically ruined the entire day.  Schedules like those just seem so selfish. To top it off there was a terrible snow storm that day making driving dangerous, though that was not anything that could have been planned (just made having to drive all over town all day long even more annoying).

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic