IGNORED

Kristen Nicole Young 2: Angry Badger, So Full of Rage (at Gay Brothers, but not at Josh Duggar)

nelliebelle1197

Not to defend these horrible people but I'd of loved is just southern English. We talk like that. I probably wouldn't have typed it but I know I would say it like that. For instance, "I'd of loved" to paint my grandmother's nails one more time before she passed but alas she went the morning before I could. I know the correct English, he probably does too. He had a very sad post with pictures of her and I feel for him. I hate that he has this patriarchal view where he feels guilty for "not leading his family" while he's recovering from COVID and grieving the death of his grandmother. This belief system of theirs seems so robotic and cold. Like capitalism but for family structure. "I know you're a real person with feelings, but you gotta let all of that go and get back out there and lead your family like a manly man, Justin!" Sigh. And you wonder why when these people get older they have dead eyes.   

• Upvote 3

On 12/29/2021 at 11:15 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Sadly some of the anti-vax people I know have lost family to COVID and still haven't changed their minds.  One had it and has long COVID and might be coming around now.

I live in an anti-vax town. My neighbor feels covid gave her heart damage and she is still anti-vax. A man I know who has health problems including cancer got covid and became a long-hauler and finally vaxed. But his wife remained anti-vax and she and her sisters and all their families got it (these people are all in their 60's-70's).

The covid vaccine caused a MS exacerbation (which is not unheard of and can be treated so the risk of dying from covid is worse). But her dr. felt bad about it and said he would not have encouraged the vaccine had he known that would happen. So now the above anti-vax neighbor tells people, "even doctors say don't take the vaccine".

On 8/6/2021 at 2:00 PM, Sarcastically spinster said:

Lambs Reign (the site where McDurmon published the initial accusations) responded to Voddie:  https://www.lambsreign.com/blog/voddie-responds-to-plagiarism-scandal

I’m so sick of the antivaxxers sending variant rates sky high. My toddler’s daycare is shut down until Feb 1. 100% not anyone’s fault: 4 and unders can’t get vaxxed, all staff either have to be fully vaxxed or test 3X/week and the adults mask. Little one is negative, thanks be to God. I have a few clients who are now positive because Jesus doesn’t want them to get the vaccine. No sympathy for these guys. Even their pastors have said to get it but nope. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 7:53 PM, lizzybee said:

Not to defend these horrible people but I'd of loved is just southern English. We talk like that. I probably wouldn't have typed it but I know I would say it like that. For instance, "I'd of loved" to paint my grandmother's nails one more time before she passed but alas she went the morning before I could. I know the correct English, he probably does too. He had a very sad post with pictures of her and I feel for him. I hate that he has this patriarchal view where he feels guilty for "not leading his family" while he's recovering from COVID and grieving the death of his grandmother. This belief system of theirs seems so robotic and cold. Like capitalism but for family structure. "I know you're a real person with feelings, but you gotta let all of that go and get back out there and lead your family like a manly man, Justin!" Sigh. And you wonder why when these people get older they have dead eyes.   

I say "I'd have love to..." and I'm from the NYC area. I'm also a copy editor and proofreader so literally the grammar police.

So, Kristen posted recently that she had a VBAC home birth with this recent baby. Curious, since midwives are not legally allowed to attend VBAC births in the state of Arkansas last I heard. Maybe the rule changed but I don't think so 🤔 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Man, these people really aren't concerned for baby health and safety at all, are they? 

Only when someone is seeking an abortion. But other than that? Nah.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

So, now that Smuggar is in the county jail, does KNY still think it's a great idea to conduct medical experiments on the prisoners there? I wonder if she talks about that with her buddy Jessa.

• Upvote 3

On 2/12/2022 at 4:04 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Man, these people really aren't concerned for baby health and safety at all, are they? 

I do want to say that the law is absolutely BS and midwives are allowed to oversee VBACS in countries with way lower maternal mortality rates than the US.....but they should absolutely take place in a hospital in my opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

@Grace that was my primary concern reading it, too. Being too far away for care in the event of an emergency. Somehow none of these people actually seem to know that emergencies are unforeseen and time sensitive. Remember Joy saying she wasn't worried about her home birth because she was only 45 minutes from the hospital if something happened? That blew my mind (although I may not be remembering her exact time given).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@Grace that was my primary concern reading it, too. Being too far away for care in the event of an emergency. Somehow none of these people actually seem to know that emergencies are unforeseen and time sensitive. Remember Joy saying she wasn't worried about her home birth because she was only 45 minutes from the hospital if something happened? That blew my mind (although I may not be remembering her exact time given).

Man, I wouldn't want to be 4.5 mins from a hospital in an emergency that's a dead baby and a mumma on the way to it right there. 
I was an emergency c section that did have about 45mins between being told I was having a c section and the baby coming out but boy was I glad to be there if I had of been a get her in and put her under and get this baby out now emergency c section. I get the idea of a home birth for the peace and tranquilty and the low intervention butttttttttttt any kind of you have had or have complications get yourself to hospital. Maybe I am more of the pre labour at home and then head on in kind of belief but each to their own except these stupid fundies who make dangerous choices 

• Upvote 1

I had minor to major complications with every delivery that would have landed me needing the hospital.  I much preferred to be there in the hospital already and not enduring a likely painful and scary ambulance ride with strangers.  I wanted birthing center births and risked out every time even though the birthing center was next door to two of the hospitals.  In my doctors' opinions that was "too far."  It turns out they were right.  

• Upvote 5

We were planning on having a homebirth for our baby, but had to change plans when my blood pressure got extremely high towards the end of my pregnancy. I ended up being induced and eventually had a c-section. Fortunately our midwife had also a contract with the hospital where we delivered and so she could be on my side for the whole time. I‘m forever thankful for that. Anyway - I‘d still love to have a homebirth, but with my next baby I‘ll be delivering in the hospital too. If everything goes well and if we ever try for a third one, I‘ll might plan a homebirth again.

The next hospital is 10 mins away and the guidelines for a homebirth are really strict in Germany.

• Upvote 7

• 4 months later...

Well, she blocked me for directly quoting some of Voddie’s horrible beliefs about children in a reply to her post praising Voddie’s perspective on disagreeing with other Christians.

It’s always telling to me what fundies will block people for. I try not to troll, and even in my fundie lite days, pushing back on spanking or authoritative parenting nearly always got me blocked. They absolutely do not want public attention drawn to the core beliefs behind their “godly” parenting. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

pushing back on spanking or authoritative parenting nearly always got me blocked.

I know what you mean by this, you are using 'authoritative' as a general term that we all know. "Authoritative parenting" happens to be the label for a particular parenting style, a desirable parenting style, in fact. One of the poor parenting styles is "authoritarian." 

But yes, many fundies seem to have horrible parenting styles and they deserve pushback, especially when they gloat about it publicly. Hopefully some of their followers see those pushback comments before the poster has a chance to delete them.

• Upvote 2

The video of Joy trying to teach some of her younger sisters a song has her saying repeatedly, “J—-, instantly obey!” “Instantly obey!” UGH. You know that’s a phrase that was on continuous loop in the TTH and probably now in the homes of the married sibs with kids.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3

5 hours ago, Bobology said:

I know what you mean by this, you are using 'authoritative' as a general term that we all know. "Authoritative parenting" happens to be the label for a particular parenting style, a desirable parenting style, in fact. One of the poor parenting styles is "authoritarian." 

But yes, many fundies seem to have horrible parenting styles and they deserve pushback, especially when they gloat about it publicly. Hopefully some of their followers see those pushback comments before the poster has a chance to delete them.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I meant authoritarian instaobedience narcissistic parenting. I imagine some fundies think they’re being authoritative in the positive way described in the definition by explaining the reasons behind the rules (the Bible! Umbrella of authority!) but it is warped by their cult lens. 

• I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I meant authoritarian instaobedience narcissistic parenting. I imagine some fundies think they’re being authoritative in the positive way described in the definition by explaining the reasons behind the rules (the Bible! Umbrella of authority!) but it is warped by their cult lens. 

The thing is, fundies seem to hate any kind of questioning. So instant obedience means they don’t have to explain why you can’t talk during church. And kids get used to being told what to do and what to believe without question. If you question why god did something in the Bible, not getting an explanation is probably normal for them. And they might accept it. Thankfully some kids just keep questioning. Those are probably the kids who will leave the cult in adulthood. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• 6 months later...

One of her very young children got baptized. She put up a reel of him saying all the talking points.

I can’t handle it anymore how exploitative this is. Why yes, your young child is reciting back the bulletpoints you have “trained” him in since he could talk.

Like: “Jesus took the discipline we all deserve.” “We all would be dead without Jesus.”

Why is it never “Jesus loves me”? Period.

I will never understand how the second gen fundies are repeating these things and thinking it will have a different result than traumatized young adults who leave the faith. Maybe it at least made logical sense pre internet era but his do you ignore the countless homeschool/fundamentalist alums telling their stories?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

4 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

One of her very young children got baptized. She put up a reel of him saying all the talking points.

I can’t handle it anymore how exploitative this is. Why yes, your young child is reciting back the bulletpoints you have “trained” him in since he could talk.

Like: “Jesus took the discipline we all deserve.” “We all would be dead without Jesus.”

I will never understand how the second gen fundies are repeating these things and thinking it will have a different result than traumatized young adults who leave the faith. Maybe it at least made logical sense pre internet era but his do you ignore the countless homeschool/fundamentalist alums telling their stories

These 2nd generation people didn't leave the fold, so their upbringing worked and they still believe in the way they were raised. The people who left are "bad" in the faithful 2nd generation's eyes and they believe that doing what their parents did will keep their kids on the right track. They also have no reason to listen to fundies, exvangelicals, etc., because those people who left are discredited by their faith. Finally, they would rather lose contact with their kids, then change their beliefs. For example, fundie parents who disown their LGBTQ+ children. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I will never understand how the second gen fundies are repeating these things and thinking it will have a different result than traumatized young adults who leave the faith.

As an atheist, this is one of the many problems I have with Christianity. Teaching your child from a young age that they are a broken sinner who deserves a fate worse than death is fucked up. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

On 1/24/2023 at 2:23 PM, Knight of Ni said:

As an atheist, this is one of the many problems I have with Christianity. Teaching your child from a young age that they are a broken sinner who deserves a fate worse than death is fucked up. 

Absolutely and it is something that I, a Christian, would never teach my kids. Jesus loves you. You are a miracle. You are wonderfully made. These are the messages kids need to hear.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 1/24/2023 at 8:23 AM, Knight of Ni said:

And the whole threat of hell. How fucking terrifying. My Christian friends never threaten their children with hell. Actually I don’t think they ever even talk about it because they don’t want to scare their kids. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 4

My BIL and SIL discussed hell with their then five-year-old, including the fact that her beloved uncles who had left the faith would be going there. They sent a message saying she had been crying about it every night and had asked that her uncles reconsider so that they can all spend eternity together in heaven. 

So, a) deeply distressing a little child, b) using that distress to win souls. Gross. Plus c) my partner and his brother were brought up with this same fear of hell and went through a lot to eventually reject the way they'd been raised, so to be threatened again with hell in this way is pretty triggering.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1