Jump to content
IGNORED

Kristen Nicole Young 2: Angry Badger, So Full of Rage (at Gay Brothers, but not at Josh Duggar)


nelliebelle1197
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

 

  Hide contents

 

For me, Kristen is currently tied for equal worst fundie with Ashley Salyer. I hope those two never get together. 

Wait what has Ashley done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Wait what has Ashley done?

Harrasess ladies at planned parenthood. Like they need her shit

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t remember being scared by any film in particular when I was little, although there may well have been one or two. 
When I was little, around 3 or 4, we used to watch this British TV show called Come Outside at nursery school. It was an educational show encouraging kids to learn about the world around them. Anyway, it was presented by a woman who was called “Auntie Mabel” (not the actress’s real name) and her dog, Pippin. At the time, I was really scared of dogs, and used to burst into tears when they put that show on. I think I was probably taken out of the room at the time, I don’t remember exactly. 
Wikipedia entry about Come Outside: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Outside

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I can believe Ben never voted for Trump too. The reason I said I wasn't sure about the reelection is because I wasn't sure if he explicitly said he didn't for for Trump like he did the first time, and he wouldn't be the first republican to go off the deep end after Trump was elected. I'm not saying that being anti Trump is incompatible with believing Christians are being persecuted. Ben's post was made immediately after Biden and Warnock's wins were confirmed, so I think it's safe to assume he was referring to them (plus Ossoff and Harris). So either he's an idiot who couldn't be bothered to learn anything about the people he's talking about, or he's an even bigger idiot who actually thinks a devout catholic and a pastor are going to persecute themselves, or he's just an asshole who's deliberately spreading lies.

well, firstly they don't believe that Catholics are the 'right' sort of Christian, and even if they did, it is still possible to believe that because Biden's politics don't always centre straight white Christians, he has been led astray and is not there to enact God's desire. I have met people who literally believe that if you are or vote Democrat, you aren't a Christian. That those positions are not compatible. Fortunately my family members don't take that stance but they have plenty other views that are toxic enough to be getting on with.

But my whole response wasn't directed solely at you anyway, it's something I've observed again and again.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mango_fandango I love Come Outside my kids love it too! Aunty Mabel was Nurse Gladys from Open all hours. My eldest and I still the bread song from when they went to look at some factory like Hovis or something ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

well, firstly they don't believe that Catholics are the 'right' sort of Christian, and even if they did, it is still possible to believe that because Biden's politics don't always centre straight white Christians, he has been led astray and is not there to enact God's desire. I have met people who literally believe that if you are or vote Democrat, you aren't a Christian. That those positions are not compatible. Fortunately my family members don't take that stance but they have plenty other views that are toxic enough to be getting on with.

But my whole response wasn't directed solely at you anyway, it's something I've observed again and again.

Right, and I don't mean to argue with you specifically either. Your (very astute) posts are just facilitating the need I feel to argue against this kind of thinking. In fact, I think you've captured exactly what Ben thinks, that Biden and Warnock aren't the 'right' kind of Christian. But he realized that this sort of talk makes him look like and intolerant asshole, or at least to some extent that it's not a good look as a public figure seeing as he stopped his public anti Catholic rants, so instead he says things like "they hate Christians" and "Persecution against Christians will be intensifying." So I stand by my assessment that it's ether some impressive mental gymnastics to explain to himself why a bunch of Christians would persecute themselves, or it's a deliberate lie to avoid saying what he really thinks: that anyone who isn't his flavor of Christianity, as well as anyone who isn't a cishet white man doesn't deserve the same rights as he does.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Wait what has Ashley done?

There’s a whole thread in the Bates forum on her obnoxiousness. She’s not as crazy as Kristen, but she’s a pretty strong #2.

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 10:05 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

I remember watching the Wizard of Oz in pre-school and the flying monkeys made me never ever see that again until I was in a middle school play and had to face my fears ?

Wizard of Oz, heck. Return to Oz. That movie was terrifying. The wheelers, Queen Mombi, the troll king, ack!

  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Right, and I don't mean to argue with you specifically either. Your (very astute) posts are just facilitating the need I feel to argue against this kind of thinking. In fact, I think you've captured exactly what Ben thinks, that Biden and Warnock aren't the 'right' kind of Christian. But he realized that this sort of talk makes him look like and intolerant asshole, or at least to some extent that it's not a good look as a public figure seeing as he stopped his public anti Catholic rants, so instead he says things like "they hate Christians" and "Persecution against Christians will be intensifying." So I stand by my assessment that it's ether some impressive mental gymnastics to explain to himself why a bunch of Christians would persecute themselves, or it's a deliberate lie to avoid saying what he really thinks: that anyone who isn't his flavor of Christianity, as well as anyone who isn't a cishet white man doesn't deserve the same rights as he does.

I totally agree! It's Olympic-level mental gymnastics and it is totally rooted in quite a toxic (imperialist?) superiority complex. This is where I volunteer the fact that the specific Democrats this person I know was saying were not real Christians were Black members of an inner-city evangelical church. So, yes.

The way Ben convinces himself is by saying that those people think they are Christians but they have actually had their head turned by a false God. I guess if God can use evil people to get stuff done, Satan can also use good people to his ends, but if you want to look at it that way, since we're living in a fallen world* none of us has any idea what is the 'right' way to be. Surely the way to live is not to hitch your spiritual wagon to a very specific political agenda, but to express compassion and grace, to embrace those who do the same, and to seek to create more of it in the world. Everything else is extraneous.

 

*caveat: I'm not Christian and don't personally believe this, but I know my family do and this makes sense to them

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt this is necessarily what they were referencing, but to be fair, there are plenty of examples in history of different branches of Christianity persecuting other branches of Christianity.  For many in the conservative evangelical world, one of the major historical times they learn about is the Protestant Reformation where Catholics were known to be torturing Protestants to try to obtain a recantation, and possibly burning them at the stake as heretics if they didn't recant.  

It's not just fundies who have, throughout history, seen other Christians as not being the right sort of Christian.  Coming from an education that heavily emphasizes that period in history (many of their churches probably have an October 31st Reformation Day celebration to commemorate Luther nailing the 95 theses to the church door), having a Catholic president is not going to be seen as any guarantee that there won't be persecution.  

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh, Kristen is right now worse than ever.  Her posts on Instagram are about being a warrior and not living in fear, but the stories on Instagram are the real shit.

She starts with a series of posts whining about how "not becoming sick has become an idol. 'You aren't owed physical health". God can use your suffering and sickness. And I suppose your death although she doesn't go too far. She complains people are too concerned about their own lives. 

Then she complains later that people aren't political enough, because they're not activists for her causes which includes a conspiracy theory I've never heard before. I won't repeat it, because I don't want to spread. Suffice to say that one of the real evils is immigration in her opinion, NOT MINE!

Honestly she sounds like a pampered child who has no idea what's going on in the world. That she can hear reports about people dying from COVID. have no empathy for them is absurbly cruel.  Kristen is a lousy human being and a lousy Christian.  

Also Jesus was woke. Not allowing the crowd to stone the woman for adultery was woke. Kicking the money lenderers out of the temple was woke. Being kind to people with no money was woke.  

  • Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Ugh, Kristen is right now worse than ever.  

I think this happens every week again and again. She is like Jill Rodrigues: you think she can't get any worse, but she does!

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She’s mad because gosh darn her angry “Jesus loves you but he really hates you” videos aren’t changing the world yet.  Just keep yelling into the void Kristen!

  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 10:05 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

I remember watching the Wizard of Oz in pre-school and the flying monkeys made me never ever see that again until I was in a middle school play and had to face my fears ?

One of my brothers still has to leave the room when the flying monkeys show up. He's 62.

I inadvertently terrorized my granddaughters with a showing of "Darby O'Gill and the Little People." The leprechauns.

When Ben and Jesse honeymooned in Rome, she said she was surprised to find so many Christians there.

  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, patsymae said:

When Ben and Jesse honeymooned in Rome, she said she was surprised to find so many Christians there.

I'm laughing at this one statement. I'm pretty sure the most heathens Jessa will ever encounter reside in Tontitown... and she's already crossed paths with them 😉

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, patsymae said:

When Ben and Jesse honeymooned in Rome, she said she was surprised to find so many Christians there.

<face palm> and yet again homeschooling fails them.  

 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 2:36 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

 

She starts with a series of posts whining about how "not becoming sick has become an idol. 'You aren't owed physical health". God can use your suffering and sickness. And I suppose your death although she doesn't go too far. She complains people are too concerned about their own lives. 

Wtf does this even mean, making it an idol. Doesn’t the Bible say your body is a temple and to destroy it is an insult to god? You aren’t owed physical health but you can actively work to achieve it by, ya know, masking and getting vaccinated. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She posts so much about not listening to yourself but to God, not focusing on your wishes but on God’s wishes, forgetting about yourself to focus on God, etc. that it downright scares me. This isn’t healthy, neither mentally nor physically and I worry about the kids. It’s scarring for sure to grow up in such an environment. 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 5:36 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Ugh, Kristen is right now worse than ever.  Her posts on Instagram are about being a warrior and not living in fear, but the stories on Instagram are the real shit.

She starts with a series of posts whining about how "not becoming sick has become an idol. 'You aren't owed physical health". God can use your suffering and sickness. And I suppose your death although she doesn't go too far. She complains people are too concerned about their own lives. 

Then she complains later that people aren't political enough, because they're not activists for her causes which includes a conspiracy theory I've never heard before. I won't repeat it, because I don't want to spread. Suffice to say that one of the real evils is immigration in her opinion, NOT MINE!

Honestly she sounds like a pampered child who has no idea what's going on in the world. That she can hear reports about people dying from COVID. have no empathy for them is absurbly cruel.  Kristen is a lousy human being and a lousy Christian.  

Also Jesus was woke. Not allowing the crowd to stone the woman for adultery was woke. Kicking the money lenderers out of the temple was woke. Being kind to people with no money was woke.  

She's all about this crazy all week long (longer of course, but especially vocal this week), and today she's begging in her stories for people to support a friend's relative. It appears the relative has covid and is intubated, and to be clear, no matter their beliefs I would never wish this situation on anyone.  That said, it seems the case is very severe and the family has airlifted them from one hospital to another in search of a doctor willing to give ivermectin. KNY's shared several of their stories asking for lawyers and doctors in Alabama willing to help, it being a matter of "life and death". Side note: in one story the family explains they're desperate for the drug to say they tried everything.  Willing to bet they're not trying vaccination for anyone though.  

I literally can't handle the hypocrisy. Where's her rhetoric and God will protect us and if he doesn't then don't be scared, he wants you to die, it's all good! How does she keep from getting whiplash???

  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

She's all about this crazy all week long (longer of course, but especially vocal this week), and today she's begging in her stories for people to support a friend's relative. It appears the relative has covid and is intubated, and to be clear, no matter their beliefs I would never wish this situation on anyone.  That said, it seems the case is very severe and the family has airlifted them from one hospital to another in search of a doctor willing to give ivermectin. KNY's shared several of their stories asking for lawyers and doctors in Alabama willing to help, it being a matter of "life and death". Side note: in one story the family explains they're desperate for the drug to say they tried everything.  Willing to bet they're not trying vaccination for anyone though.  

I literally can't handle the hypocrisy. Where's her rhetoric and God will protect us and if he doesn't then don't be scared, he wants you to die, it's all good! How does she keep from getting whiplash???

Well if he's intubated, it's too late for him to get vaccinated. Howpfully his friends and family will vaccinate in his honor. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

She's all about this crazy all week long (longer of course, but especially vocal this week), and today she's begging in her stories for people to support a friend's relative. It appears the relative has covid and is intubated, and to be clear, no matter their beliefs I would never wish this situation on anyone.  That said, it seems the case is very severe and the family has airlifted them from one hospital to another in search of a doctor willing to give ivermectin. KNY's shared several of their stories asking for lawyers and doctors in Alabama willing to help, it being a matter of "life and death". Side note: in one story the family explains they're desperate for the drug to say they tried everything.  Willing to bet they're not trying vaccination for anyone though.  

I literally can't handle the hypocrisy. Where's her rhetoric and God will protect us and if he doesn't then don't be scared, he wants you to die, it's all good! How does she keep from getting whiplash???

Actually it's not hypocrisy; let me explain.

The family wants the doctors to try a drug that has not been approved to fight COVID. This drug doesn't fight COVID. It kills parasites like heartworm in dogs. COVID isn't a parasite; it's a virus. Here's an article on why that drug is a bad idea. It reminds me of the hydroxychlorinquin the former guy was promoting. This drug has a lot of the same side effects and I don't understand how anti-parasitic could kill a virus. Antibiotics also don't kill viruses; they kill bacteria.

At the end of the slides, she recommends a politically-charged right group that supposedly will help them get the bad drug to "save" mom. Sending good vibes to the patient and hoping her family is given the wisdom to see that they are being misled by right conspiracy nuts. 

TL;DR The family wants the doctors to use junk science promoted by far-right conspiracy theorists to try to save their loved one. It's more not trusting real science and medical advice in favor of junk science and conspiracy shit.

I hadn't seen her stories, because I was taking a breather. Thank to alerting me, after I posted I checked out what she was saying.

 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know why she’s (and other evangelicals) are so anti vax. God loves vaccines. He used them in The 10th plague, those who inoculated their houses with blood of the lamb were able to prevent the death of their first born sons. God’s woke for preventative medicine Kristin! 

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




  • Recent Status Updates

    • 47of74

      47of74

      Did whatever I had change my personality at all?  Maybe a good thing if it makes my asshole tolerance even lower than before.
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Hey LinkedIn, do yourself a favor and learn how to read the fucking room already. 
      · 0 replies
    • Smash!

      Smash!

      Just started with Couch 2 5k. How I missed running!
      · 3 replies
    • SillyDillys

      SillyDillys

      Now thats the cats out of the bag, it feels nice to finally talk about it.
      Mr. Dilly and I are excited, definitely alot of nerves during the first trimester. Had the worst morning sickness, finally getting appetite back and I've been craving spinach dip and refried beans.
       
      · 5 replies
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      Are you an I Love Lucy fan?
      My two favorite episodes are "The Freezer" and "Lucy Does a TV Commercial."

      · 1 reply
    • PinkGreyBrown

      PinkGreyBrown

      My mother's family's farm (in northern California) was the stable touchstone of my childhood, the place we went for many holidays & most summers, if only for a week or two at a time. My mother was a travel enthusiast, my father was in the military, my younger sister & I grew up in the back of a car. Been in every state in the union except maybe North Dakota, spent three months in Europe, three months in Mexico -- all before I was a teen. I realized, as an adult, I don't actually like traveling. It makes me anxious. My mother kept traveling up until shortly before she died.
      · 1 reply
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99  »  47of74

      Saw this and remembered that you are also an MST3K fan:
       
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      This place is much nicer when there aren’t drunk douche nozzles trying to start WWIII with my sister. 

      Last time I was here I brought my sister. There was a drunk douche cannon holding court here. He and my sister took mutual exeception to each other. Well he first then my sister responded.
      We got out of there before he got even dumber since there’s another brewery across the street.  Drunk fucker didn’t follow us and I think some flashing lights a few minutes later were for him. 
      · 0 replies
    • PinkGreyBrown

      PinkGreyBrown

      On the one hand, my mother did her best to raise my sibling & I secular & liberal/leftish, but on the other hand she regularly shipped me off to stay with her fundie farmwife mother for months at a time. I prolly spent at least a coupla years of my childhood out on that farm where my grandmother did her darnedest to convert me to all the regressive things (hilariously, all it did was push me further into the peacenik thing). I've got a lot more to say about my maternal grama, fwiw.
      · 1 reply
    • PinkGreyBrown

      PinkGreyBrown

      I have nowhere else to say things like this but, I hate shiplap.
      · 4 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.