IGNORED

Coronavirus 6: The Plague of Delta

Coconut Flan

22 hours ago, Smee said:

Far out. Of Sydney’s current outbreak, almost half those in hospital are under 55, with 15% under 35. Our under 35s can’t get vaccinated yet. 

Shit. 77 today and expecting over 100 tomorrow. Of the 77 today, 50 are close family contacts. We have also experienced the first death of someone with this outbreak ?

I miss my family and I won’t be able to see them for so long ? Yes I know I am selfish. I know it’s not all about me and I’m not the only person in this situation. Yes I know other people have been through MUCH MUCH worse. I’m still sad.

How are you feeling today @Ozlsn

3 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

It was a thing in the US, too.  Most places here vaccinated the "waiters" in age order.  It's much better than letting doses go to waste.

I was expecting downvotes for posting those thoughts, to be honest. 

Edited by adidas
Adding details
  • Sad 1
  • Love 12

Well I have to say I'm noticing day 2 arm soreness more this time, but given last time I had basically no symptoms (well, that weren't resolved by eating and drinking something...) it's not really a huge increase so far. On the positive side that at least makes me pretty sure it wasn't a placebo! 

Thinking of all the NSW and Sydney people - this feels very Melbourne 2020, and I am so sorry it is happening. I hope the vaccines are a game changer and the cases peak quickly. Sigh.

• Upvote 6

Hoping you’re still feeling decent, @Ozlsn

Well yesterday’s update was awful and today is not much better. Another death, and while numbers are down from yesterday there are still way too many people out in the community whilst infectious. 

Gladys won’t define what ‘essential’ means and so while businesses are allowed to be open, people won’t stay home. Paying for food and housing is essential. Kerry Chant targets her tut-guy statements at the young people who are not yet eligible for the vaccine. The ad which I saw was nothing short of propaganda (and I’m pro vax). With these clowns running the show it’s no wonder it’s a huge mess. Predictions are that the lockdown will last at least another 4-6 weeks if things start to improve soon. 

• Love 2

We are in the US, where anyone who wants a vaccine can get one, so I don’t feel like I’m jumping the line. They’re practically pleading with parents to get their kids vaccinated, so I’m just….. anticipating the need.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

So as predicted we now have cases in our state thanks to (unknowingly) positive removalists. I still feel that "Two trucks. Three states. 48 hours." should be the tagline for a conedy movie rather than an accurate description of viral transmission. 

Best Q and A from today's state presser:

Q: Are the removalists being deliberately misleading?

A: They're not being deliberately forthcoming - put it that way.

Meanwhile NSW is extending the lockdown again and I hope @adidas and @Smee are OK.

• Love 1

All good here. I’m just really worried that this thing is exploding in front of our eyes. I’m so worried for Victoria. 

• Love 2

On 7/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, Coconut Flan said:

It was a thing in the US, too.  Most places here vaccinated the "waiters" in age order.  It's much better than letting doses go to waste.

That's true, there were people in LA County who went to Bakersfield in neighboring Kern County because it's full of 45 cult members who weren't getting the vaccine, so doses could have gone to waste if it weren't for those from the Los Angeles area. This was shortly before vaccines were available to all adults and those 16 and over before Phizer became approved for those 12 and over.

At my job, I had to bring my vaccination card when I first returned since they made it a requirement to go back. Anyone who is reluctant to get the vaccine is going to be working from home for the foreseeable future. Masks are also required while on the property, unless you're eating or drinking, and using the service elevator takes longer than it once did because you can only have 4 people inside at a time.

• Upvote 5

On 7/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, Ozlsn said:

Q: Are the removalists being deliberately misleading?

A: They're not being deliberately forthcoming - put it that way.

IMO they should be sacked, fined, named and shamed. Arseholes. 

20 hours ago, adidas said:

All good here. I’m just really worried that this thing is exploding in front of our eyes. I’m so worried for Victoria. 

And we're having another 5 day lockdown. FFS. Between the removalists (Twitter is going off on speculation that they were running drugs along with furniture removal, and who are we to say otherwise?) and the moron who apparently still couldn't work out after 18 months of that "stay home and quarantine for 14 days" means "do not go to the supermarket and infect people" I am ready to scream.

It's not so much the case numbers but just the potential exposure numbers and the jump in those case numbers that is driving it, and the State Opposition leader coming out with "we should wait till the numbers are higher" - well at that point I was screaming at the radio a lot. We are all so tired of this - we do the right thing, we try to keep safe and these complete fucking dickheads screw it up for everyone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

I hate to sound uncaring and cruel but I'm at the fucking point of if you had some bullshit excuse for not getting the vaccine (as opposed to a real GOOD reason) and now you're in the hospital or worse cause covid it's all on you.  If it hadn't been for the fuck face and his bullshit pandering to anti-vaxers covid would just be an unpleasant memory now.  I'm at the point of bed.  Fucking made.  Fucking lie.

Sorry for swearing so fucking much but I am completely the fuck out of fucking patience now.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Many of the heads of the county health departments in our state sound ready to throw up their hands.  Some are bringing back mask suggestions and requirements, but they also keep chanting vaccinate, vaccinate, and that people 12 and up who get it didn't have to so please go get vaccinated.  The basic underlying message is that if you get it, it's your fault if you won't get vaccinated.  

• Upvote 4

Well, in the most % vaccinated county in Missouri , we’re again at over 600 folks with covid.  We haven’t been at this level since sometime in January.  Oh, and hey, The Missouri State Games are in town so we have people from all over the state crawling about right now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It was inevitable it seems:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/17/tokyo-olympic-village-resident-tests-positive-covid-19/8000632002/

Who thought it was a good idea to hold the Olympics this year?

Yeah, I think initially postponing was a good response but then cancelling and giving Tokyo the next available one would have been better. It's all money based, and it's such a stupid idea right now.

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I hate to sound uncaring and cruel but I'm at the fucking point of if you had some bullshit excuse for not getting the vaccine (as opposed to a real GOOD reason) and now you're in the hospital or worse cause covid it's all on you.  If it hadn't been for the fuck face and his bullshit pandering to anti-vaxers covid would just be an unpleasant memory now.  I'm at the point of bed.  Fucking made.  Fucking lie.

Sorry for swearing so fucking much but I am completely the fuck out of fucking patience now.

There's a conservative columnist in my local paper who said, essentially, that Republicans/Trumpers aren't getting vaccinated because Biden isn't giving Trump enough credit for the vaccine. Because, you know, it's not at all that he takes credit for it but refuses to encourage people to get vaccinated (or even announced it when he did), or that every single conservative news source isn't encouraging it, or that some are actively discouraging it, no, it's because we're not kissing up to him enough to impress them! All our worries would be over if we godless uncaring liberals paid more veneration to arguably the worst president in US history!

(Column is here, may be behind a paywall.)

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
Edited to add link.
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

The outbreak is rocking along here, unfortunately due to what looks like a couple of super-spreader events. To be honest I don't know what's annoying me more - that we still aren't close to the necessary vaccination rates, the amount of whinging on Facebook (amazing how everyone's a public health expert suddenly), the politicians having public fights, or bloody Rachel from the Murdoch press stable in the press conferences asking inane questions in an attempt to get a gotcha moment.

Even if the vaccination levels were higher we'd still have outbreaks because people get complacent, stop wearing masks and return to the previous normal.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

The outbreak is rocking along here, unfortunately due to what looks like a couple of super-spreader events. To be honest I don't know what's annoying me more - that we still aren't close to the necessary vaccination rates, the amount of whinging on Facebook (amazing how everyone's a public health expert suddenly), the politicians having public fights, or bloody Rachel from the Murdoch press stable in the press conferences asking inane questions in an attempt to get a gotcha moment.

Even if the vaccination levels were higher we'd still have outbreaks because people get complacent, stop wearing masks and return to the previous normal

Or all the sticks of fornicate around here who graduated from fuck face university law school or the fornicate’s medical school. 

I run out of patience real quick with the fornicate face law school arm chair lawyers. Such people can go and perform a sexual act upon themselves.  In the name of who they worship too. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It was inevitable it seems:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/17/tokyo-olympic-village-resident-tests-positive-covid-19/8000632002/

Who thought it was a good idea to hold the Olympics this year?

Did we also catch that a vaccinated member of the us men’s  basketball team has covid?  He and another player are out as a result.  

• Sad 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

There's a conservative columnist in my local paper who said, essentially, that Republicans/Trumpers aren't getting vaccinated because Biden isn't giving Trump enough credit for the vaccine.

I love how so much of people's alleged behaviour comes back to Trump's very, very fragile ego. Poor little manbaby, can't give the orders to the brainwashed sheep until he feels validated. Also if your decision to not vaccinate is based solely on someone else's ego... you might want to reconsider why.

• Upvote 8

On 7/16/2021 at 9:13 PM, 47of74 said:

I'd put them at the end of the line for treatment, also.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Big hugs to all of our Aussies @adidas @Ozlsn @Smee and everyone I forgot. I don’t understand how your government fucked up so bad. 

Meanwhile the leaders of our Federal Office of Public Health are very surprised the cases have gone up so much. Well what do you expect if you basically open up the country when only 40% are double vaccinated and the Federal Council basically declared the pandemic to be over despite Delta? ??‍♀️ ? Holiday season has just started, we‘re likely im for a fourth wave this Fall.

And off I go to explain to my dad why he has to be cautious again even tough he‘s vaccinated. I don‘t want to bury my mom who can‘t get the shot because our government has no interest in protecting the vulnerables.

• Love 8

The mother of the two ‘removalists’ (probably drug runners) has died. She was only in her 50s.

I wish Sydney residents would stay there and stop travelling into regional NSW. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 2

I was wrong, it wasn’t the mother of the jerk removalists. It was the mother of the other removalists who didn’t understand what to do due to the language barrier. The breach was not solely their fault and I apologise for my knee jerk reaction.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic