IGNORED

Coronavirus 6: The Plague of Delta

Coconut Flan

25 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm hoping, too.  I've had the third already and would dearly like to think I'm done.  I'm not counting on it though.  I did experience a similar relief and feeling of safety after the third as I did the second.  

I was talking to the pharmacist yesterday who gave me my flu shot (the enhanced version for plus 65 for the first time.) I was asking how to space shingrix, pneumonia, and the third Covax. (I presume I will be getting a booster at some point since I have had Pfizer series.) Pharmacist looks to be about my age and he said to generally allow at least four weeks. He has just been picking what he gets each month at the beginning of the month. I will probably get pneumonia vax next month, and then see the status of getting my Covax booster. 

On the downside, my left shoulder is much sorer than it was for Covax. It is the first time in a long time that I can remember much of a reaction to the annual flu vax. However, I did wake up on my left side so that means that it wasn't too sore to keep me from sleeping on my preferred side. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Yes Shingrix has a several month window for time between the two shots, so hopefully you can weave them all in over the coming seasons.  

I got the Shingrix shots in 2020, before there were covid vaccines available.  

I also got the flu shot last year for the very first time (don't think I've ever had the flu but decided to start getting it at age 60 just on principle.  Ended up starting one year early in order to boost immune system for covid).  

I didn't realize pneumonia was a separate shot, will have to learn more about that.  Is it a one-time or an annual?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

On 9/3/2021 at 1:17 PM, CTRLZero said:

My husband got his first contact trace call today - oh, joy!  He’s supposed to quarantine for up to ten days.  He visited his mother’s assisted living facility yesterday, which is where someone apparently tested positive.  Glad we stocked up on beer and other essentials a couple days ago. 

Mr. No's mother is in assisted living and we have concerns about cases eventually popping up there.   MIL is unvaccinated, and so far refuses to get the shot.    There is a mask requirement inside the facility that has been in place even as the IL state mask mandate expired (it's back now) but they didn't really enforce it, as we saw when we last went there.  We visited MIL following FIL's funeral with other family members, some were vaxxed, others weren't.   Mr. No and I were the only ones that followed the mask requirement in a group of about 14 people.   12 unmasked people were allowed to roam around in there.   We don't know if staff is fully vaccinated.   There seems to be a number of loopholes where I think it's only a matter of time, that a case will eventually happen.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, Coconut Flan said:

How many stories like that does it take to get people to get vaccinated?  I can't find any way to understand the dance with death that people are willing to do and I have a set of friends who are doing it.   They are out shopping as I type.

I don't get it either.   Mr. No's sister pretty much is going about her business as if Covid doesn't exist and yes, she believes all the right wing hype about Covid being not so bad, the vaccines will give you Covid and disputes the official death toll numbers.   Mr. No also learned from his mother that our niece (SIL's daughter) took her entire family, which included unvaccinated, unmasked kids down to TN for vacation, which is a serious hotspot.   We pretty much expect to hear of them contracting Covid and being shocked, shocked that it happened to them.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

Yes Shingrix has a several month window for time between the two shots, so hopefully you can weave them all in over the coming seasons.  

I got the Shingrix shots in 2020, before there were covid vaccines available.  

I also got the flu shot last year for the very first time (don't think I've ever had the flu but decided to start getting it at age 60 just on principle.  Ended up starting one year early in order to boost immune system for covid).  

I didn't realize pneumonia was a separate shot, will have to learn more about that.  Is it a one-time or an annual?

In the US, I believe that it is first recommended for 65+. You know, the Medicare set. The pharmacist yesterday says there is a second pneumonia vax recommended a year after the first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I also played the Covid vaccine and Shingrix shuffle this past Winter. Finally got my last Shingrix dose in May. I need to get my annual flu shot this week, provided my PCR for Covid is negative. I also need to wait until the reaction from the wasp sting I got yesterday in my left arm subsides. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

There are two pneumonia vaccines.  I think they usually start with Prevnar 13 and then months to a year later do Pneumovax 23.  Prevnar is also used with infants and young children.  

• Thank You 3

I may have posted about a hospital in Oklahoma where those with gun shot wounds could not be treated because the hospitals were overwhelmed with COVID patients. 

It turns out that Rolling Stone magazine printed this without confirmation and this is unsubstantiated.  The hospitals are packed but are not turning anyone away or are unable to treat patients in their ERs.  So..."relatively" good news. 

• Thank You 8

13 hours ago, Howl said:

I may have posted about a hospital in Oklahoma where those with gun shot wounds could not be treated because the hospitals were overwhelmed with COVID patients. 

It turns out that Rolling Stone magazine printed this without confirmation and this is unsubstantiated.  The hospitals are packed but are not turning anyone away or are unable to treat patients in their ERs.  So..."relatively" good news. 

Thank you for posting this correction. Rufus knows that there is enough misinformation floating around out there. 

• Upvote 4

Wow.  An acquaintance of my husband just received a sizable inheritance.  He bought a vacation house and was getting ready to enjoy the good life.  Too bad he was an anti-vaxxer and died of Covid last week.  Maybe his wife can party on once she’s released from the hospital.

We are hearing a lot more about people getting the variant.  A friend’s weekly card game was interrupted when they all got breakthrough infections.  All were vaccinated and will recover, but it’s a scary situation for people in their 70s.

Stay safe out there, FJers.  😷 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4

Hi guys! So after days of being super stressed out because I was worried about getting the Astra Zeneca vaccine, I heard that my city had received a big batch of Moderna so I decided to register. I had my appointment today but I actually got the Pfizer vaccine. I have no idea how that happened but I'm happy. Now I just have to wait for the second dose. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 13

"Variant of Interest " Is that like a person of interest that detectives know is guilty until you research more? 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210902/who-tracking-new-covid-variant-called-mu

"The WHO is monitoring nine variants with genetic mutations that could make them more transmissible, lead to more severe disease, and help them evade vaccines." Mu is one of the nine. It is getting around in South America and now makes up 39% of cases in Columbia per the article. Craptastic.

All you had to do was wear a mask and wash your hands for the greater good you antivax/anti science idiots. That wasn't too hard. Don't even start me on the idiots taking medicine for horses. *continues to mumble about idiots throwing in "natural selection"  for good measure.* interesting opinion piece.

https://www.miamitimesonline.com/opinion/coronavirus-is-a-sad-study-of-natural-selection/article_2cde76de-efa9-11eb-9b84-4b2c08b3511c.html

• Upvote 5

I'd felt pretty comfortable not masking in public for a while, at least for normal situations like going to the grocery store.  I was fully vaccinated, vaccination rates in my state are fairly good, and local rates were low.  

Not any more.  Thanks, Delta.  We're at about half of where we peaked at the start of the year.  And I'm over six months from my second shot, so likely with tapering immunity.  I'm masking up in indoor public places for the most part, now.  And I'm seeing more and more masks in grocery stores.  It had been down to a fairly small minority masking, now it's probably a majority masking up.  

Gotta say, it's nice to see that people in my area are largely paying attention, following CDC guidance, and paying attention to the local risk level.  

I'll be glad to get the 6 month booster in a couple weeks.  

Edited by Sarcastically spinster
riffles
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

The midwest photo clubs (N4c) convention up in Duluth had to be cancelled this year.  Second year in a row the N4C couldn't do an in person convention because of COVID.  Fuck you very much anti-vax / anti-mask people. 

• Upvote 6

Mr SP and I are negative. My son who is positive retests tomorrow. It sucks to do all the right things and still be positive. The hubs and I are double masking now as he travels regularly for work. Something I heard European airlines are requiring, and I know is almost universal  in So América, is the use of N95 masks, exclusively (or the 5 layer surgical mask). My son is doing ok, still no taste. I hope the 2 doses he had prior to infection helps to mitigate the possibility of developing long term covid.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 10

New Studies Find Evidence Of 'Superhuman' Immunity To COVID-19 In Some Individuals

Some scientists have called it "superhuman immunity" or "bulletproof." But immunologist Shane Crotty prefers "hybrid immunity."

"Overall, hybrid immunity to SARS-CoV-2 appears to be impressively potent," Crotty wrote in commentary in Science back in June.

No matter what you call it, this type of immunity offers much-needed good news in what seems like an endless array of bad news regarding COVID-19.

Over the past several months, a series of studies has found that some people mount an extraordinarily powerful immune response against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19. Their bodies produce very high levels of antibodies, but they also make antibodies with great flexibility — likely capable of fighting off the coronavirus variants circulating in the world but also likely effective against variants that may emerge in the future.

"One could reasonably predict that these people will be quite well protected against most — and perhaps all of — the SARS-CoV-2 variants that we are likely to see in the foreseeable future," says Paul Bieniasz, a virologist at Rockefeller University who helped lead several of the studies.

In a study published online last month, Bieniasz and his colleagues found antibodies in these individuals that can strongly neutralize the six variants of concern tested, including delta and beta, as well as several other viruses related to SARS-CoV-2, including one in bats, two in pangolins and the one that caused the first coronavirus pandemic, SARS-CoV-1.

"This is being a bit more speculative, but I would also suspect that they would have some degree of protection against the SARS-like viruses that have yet to infect humans," Bieniasz says.

So who is capable of mounting this "superhuman" or "hybrid" immune response?

People who have had a "hybrid" exposure to the virus. Specifically, they were infected with the coronavirus in 2020 and then immunized with mRNA vaccines this year. "Those people have amazing responses to the vaccine," says virologist Theodora Hatziioannou at Rockefeller University, who also helped lead several of the studies. "I think they are in the best position to fight the virus. The antibodies in these people's blood can even neutralize SARS-CoV-1, the first coronavirus, which emerged 20 years ago. That virus is very, very different from SARS-CoV-2."

In fact, these antibodies were even able to deactivate a virus engineered, on purpose, to be highly resistant to neutralization. This virus contained 20 mutations that are known to prevent SARS-CoV-2 antibodies from binding to it. Antibodies from people who were only vaccinated or who only had prior coronavirus infections were essentially useless against this mutant virus. But antibodies in people with the "hybrid immunity" could neutralize it.

These findings show how powerful the mRNA vaccines can be in people with prior exposure to SARS-CoV-2, she says. "There's a lot of research now focused on finding a pan-coronavirus vaccine that would protect against all future variants. Our findings tell you that we already have it.

"But there's a catch, right?" she adds: You first need to be sick with COVID-19. "After natural infections, the antibodies seem to evolve and become not only more potent but also broader. They become more resistant to mutations within the [virus]."

Hatziioannou and colleagues don't know if everyone who has had COVID-19 and then an mRNA vaccine will have such a remarkable immune response. "We've only studied the phenomena with a few patients because it's extremely laborious and difficult research to do," she says.

But she suspects it's quite common. "With every single one of the patients we studied, we saw the same thing." The study reports data on 14 patients.

Several other studies support her hypothesis — and buttress the idea that exposure to both a coronavirus and an mRNA vaccine triggers an exceptionally powerful immune response. In one study, published last month in The New England Journal of Medicine, scientists analyzed antibodies generated by people who had been infected with the original SARS virus — SARS-CoV-1 — back in 2002 or 2003 and who then received an mRNA vaccine this year.

Remarkably, these people also produced high levels of antibodies and — it's worth reiterating this point from a few paragraphs above — antibodies that could neutralize a whole range of variants and SARS-like viruses.

Now, of course, there are so many remaining questions. For example, what if you catch COVID-19 after you're vaccinated? Or can a person who hasn't been infected with the coronavirus mount a "superhuman" response if the person receives a third dose of a vaccine as a booster?

Hatziioannou says she can't answer either of those questions yet. "I'm pretty certain that a third shot will help a person's antibodies evolve even further, and perhaps they will acquire some breadth [or flexibility], but whether they will ever manage to get the breadth that you see following natural infection, that's unclear."

Immunologist John Wherry, at the University of Pennsylvania, is a bit more hopeful. "In our research, we already see some of this antibody evolution happening in people who are just vaccinated," he says, "although it probably happens faster in people who have been infected."

In a recent study, published online in late August, Wherry and his colleagues showed that, over time, people who have had only two doses of the vaccine (and no prior infection) start to make more flexible antibodies — antibodies that can better recognize many of the variants of concern.

So a third dose of the vaccine would presumably give those antibodies a boost and push the evolution of the antibodies further, Wherry says. So a person will be better equipped to fight off whatever variant the virus puts out there next.

"Based on all these findings, it looks like the immune system is eventually going to have the edge over this virus," says Bieniasz, of Rockefeller University. "And if we're lucky, SARS-CoV-2 will eventually fall into that category of viruses that gives us only a mild cold."

I look forward to future studies with more participants. :pb_smile:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

There are more and more questions about how to deal with anti vax sticks of fuck who refuse to get vaccinated when they could.

Ostracized from public events, as in New York City starting next week and San Francisco very soon?

Put through hoops and borderline ostracized, as the NFL is arguably doing?

Charged more for health insurance by the employers who split their premium costs?

Or protected for exercising their free will, as Republican lawmakers have pledged, even as it endangers everyone else?

If it's up to me my policy would be as follows to anti-vax idiots.  Two words.  Fuck and off.

I have no patience or tolerance for these people any more.  I want this fucking thing to be over, not something to worry about at my 50th birthday. 

• Upvote 7

Of course a lot of schools had their hands welded shut by the likes of Abbott, DeathSatan, and CovidKim and their GQP legislators.

Surging Covid-19 cases -- and the increasing proportion reported in children -- are causing many health experts to worry about the outlook as the school year gets underway across the entire country.

"We've gotta get the school system masked in addition to surrounding the children with vaccinated people," the director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases said. "That's the solution."

In Miami-Dade County Public Schools, 13 school employees have died from Covid-19 since August 16, the school district and local teacher union told CNN. All 13 -- three teachers, one security monitor, one cafeteria worker and seven school bus drivers -- were unvaccinated, they said.

"I think this underscores the big tragedy that we see occurring across America," Miami-Dade County Public Schools Superintendent Alberto Carvalho said Tuesday.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 6

The essay below contains an enormous amount of profanity. If reading such will ruin your day, please do not click on the spoiler tag. :greetings-waveyellow:

The vaccinated have lost their patience with the unvaccinated.

Spoiler

Oh My Fucking God, Get the Fucking Vaccine Already, You Fucking Fucks

September 2, 2021

Hi, if you are reading this essay then congratulations, you are still alive. And if you are alive, then you have either gotten the COVID-19 vaccine, or you still have the opportunity to get the vaccine against COVID-19. And holy fuck, if you aren’t fucking vaccinated against COVID-19, then you need to get fucking vaccinated right now. I mean, what the fuck? Fuck you. Get vaccinated. Fuck.

The fucking vaccine will not make you magnetic. Are you fucking kidding me? It just fucking won’t. That’s not even a fucking thing, and that lady who tried to pretend the vaccine made her fucking magnetic looked like a real fucking fuckwad and a fucking idiot, so get fucking vaccinated. Jesus. Fuck.

The vaccine also doesn’t have a fucking 5G chip in it. What the fuck do you think a fucking 5G chip is, fucknuts? You think it’s like some invisible nanotechnology they can suspend in a liquid and then just put in your fucking blood and then it what, exactly? Fucking floats around in your body going on Instagram and telling the government you went to the grocery store? No one fucking cares where you go, you absolute fucking fuck-barf. Fuck off with that. Fuck.

Oh, you’re afraid of fucking side effects? Fuck you. You know what has fucking side effects? Fucking aspirin, fucking Tylenol. You could be fucking allergic to pineapple, you fucking fuckwit. Everything has side effects. You’re being a big fucking baby with a huge diaper full of fucking diarrhea, complaining about maybe feeling slightly tired for a day or two while your asymptomatic COVID case you get and pass to some innocent fucking kid could wind up killing them or someone else. Fuck you, you fucking selfish fucking shit-banana, you unredeemable ass-caterpillar, you fucking fuck-knob with two fucks for eyes and a literal poop where your heart should be. You want a two-month-old to wind up on a fucking ventilator instead of you, a fucking adult, getting a fucking sore arm for a day? What are you, a pitcher for the Yankees? A fucking concert pianist? An arm model? Get the fuck out of here! Fuck you. Get vaccinated. Fuck. Fuck you!

You think vaccines don’t fucking work? Oh, fuck off into the trash, you attention-seeking fuckworm-faced shitbutt. This isn’t even a point worth discussing, you fuck-o-rama fuck-stival of ignorance. Vaccines got rid of smallpox and polio and all the other disgusting diseases that used to kill off little fucks like you en masse. Your relatives got fucking vaccinated and let you live, and now here you are signing up to be killed by a fucking disease against which there is a ninety-nine-percent effective vaccine. You fucking moron. Go in the fucking ocean and fuck a piranha. Fuck. Fuck that. Fuck you. Get vaccinated.

Oh, you say you have a genuine allergy or medical condition that prevents you from receiving a fucking vaccine? That’s fine. I’m clearly not talking to you. I fucking love you. Fuck.

Look, if you have been forwarded this essay from a friend or loved one, then there are two possibilities. Either you are a normal, regular, sensible fucking person like me who got fucking vaccinated at the first possible moment, and this essay channels all your fucking rage and sadness and is therefore cathartic OR, and I really hope this isn’t the fucking case, you AREN’T fucking vaccinated, and someone sent it to you because you fucking fucking fuck, you need to get fucking vaccinated. And rather than being fucking offended that someone is trying yet again to get you to take the fucking vaccine, you should understand that someone fucking loves you enough to try one last motherfucking time to get you to take the fucking vaccine before you fuck off to heaven, or hell, or some in-between place that’s just like a fucking mall or something where everything is free, including and especially the soft pretzels. So, congratulations! There is ONE person remaining in your life who wants to fucking save you from drowning in your own fucking lungs, you fucking fuckshit fuckdick, so for god’s sake, get your fucking ass out of your chair, go to the fucking pharmacy, and get a fucking vaccine, you absolute conscienceless fucking fuck fuck fuck. Get it. Get the fucking vaccine. Fuck you. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck. Fuck you. Fuck!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I hope the 2 doses he had prior to infection helps to mitigate the possibility of developing long term covid.

They've recently found a 50% reduction in risk of long COVID in the vaccinated, and it's about one people in 20 in unvaccinated.  Definitely mitigates his risk.  

17 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

New Studies Find Evidence Of 'Superhuman' Immunity To COVID-19 In Some Individuals

This was an interesting read.  I know people who had prior COVID had several times higher antibody levels after the vaccine, which is part of the rationale for a booster shot - we already saw effects on antibody levels of a third immune system exposure in people who had it and then got vaccinated.  But I hadn't seen anything about that level of flexibility of response.  That's really cool.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

The essay below contains an enormous amount of profanity. If reading such will ruin your day, please do not click on the spoiler tag. :greetings-waveyellow:

Hide contents

September 2, 2021

Hi, if you are reading this essay then congratulations, you are still alive. And if you are alive, then you have either gotten the COVID-19 vaccine, or you still have the opportunity to get the vaccine against COVID-19. And holy fuck, if you aren’t fucking vaccinated against COVID-19, then you need to get fucking vaccinated right now. I mean, what the fuck? Fuck you. Get vaccinated. Fuck.

The fucking vaccine will not make you magnetic. Are you fucking kidding me? It just fucking won’t. That’s not even a fucking thing, and that lady who tried to pretend the vaccine made her fucking magnetic looked like a real fucking fuckwad and a fucking idiot, so get fucking vaccinated. Jesus. Fuck.

The vaccine also doesn’t have a fucking 5G chip in it. What the fuck do you think a fucking 5G chip is, fucknuts? You think it’s like some invisible nanotechnology they can suspend in a liquid and then just put in your fucking blood and then it what, exactly? Fucking floats around in your body going on Instagram and telling the government you went to the grocery store? No one fucking cares where you go, you absolute fucking fuck-barf. Fuck off with that. Fuck.

Oh, you’re afraid of fucking side effects? Fuck you. You know what has fucking side effects? Fucking aspirin, fucking Tylenol. You could be fucking allergic to pineapple, you fucking fuckwit. Everything has side effects. You’re being a big fucking baby with a huge diaper full of fucking diarrhea, complaining about maybe feeling slightly tired for a day or two while your asymptomatic COVID case you get and pass to some innocent fucking kid could wind up killing them or someone else. Fuck you, you fucking selfish fucking shit-banana, you unredeemable ass-caterpillar, you fucking fuck-knob with two fucks for eyes and a literal poop where your heart should be. You want a two-month-old to wind up on a fucking ventilator instead of you, a fucking adult, getting a fucking sore arm for a day? What are you, a pitcher for the Yankees? A fucking concert pianist? An arm model? Get the fuck out of here! Fuck you. Get vaccinated. Fuck. Fuck you!

You think vaccines don’t fucking work? Oh, fuck off into the trash, you attention-seeking fuckworm-faced shitbutt. This isn’t even a point worth discussing, you fuck-o-rama fuck-stival of ignorance. Vaccines got rid of smallpox and polio and all the other disgusting diseases that used to kill off little fucks like you en masse. Your relatives got fucking vaccinated and let you live, and now here you are signing up to be killed by a fucking disease against which there is a ninety-nine-percent effective vaccine. You fucking moron. Go in the fucking ocean and fuck a piranha. Fuck. Fuck that. Fuck you. Get vaccinated.

Oh, you say you have a genuine allergy or medical condition that prevents you from receiving a fucking vaccine? That’s fine. I’m clearly not talking to you. I fucking love you. Fuck.

Look, if you have been forwarded this essay from a friend or loved one, then there are two possibilities. Either you are a normal, regular, sensible fucking person like me who got fucking vaccinated at the first possible moment, and this essay channels all your fucking rage and sadness and is therefore cathartic OR, and I really hope this isn’t the fucking case, you AREN’T fucking vaccinated, and someone sent it to you because you fucking fucking fuck, you need to get fucking vaccinated. And rather than being fucking offended that someone is trying yet again to get you to take the fucking vaccine, you should understand that someone fucking loves you enough to try one last motherfucking time to get you to take the fucking vaccine before you fuck off to heaven, or hell, or some in-between place that’s just like a fucking mall or something where everything is free, including and especially the soft pretzels. So, congratulations! There is ONE person remaining in your life who wants to fucking save you from drowning in your own fucking lungs, you fucking fuckshit fuckdick, so for god’s sake, get your fucking ass out of your chair, go to the fucking pharmacy, and get a fucking vaccine, you absolute conscienceless fucking fuck fuck fuck. Get it. Get the fucking vaccine. Fuck you. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck. Fuck you. Fuck!

Geez that's almost as much swearing as I do on an average day.  Yeah, I'm taking notes here on what to call the unredeemable ass-caterpillar fucking fuck-knobs who are making the pandemic worse.

And now Idaho is planning to ration health care because of all the fuck stickery

Idaho public health leaders announced Tuesday that they activated “crisis standards of care” allowing health care rationing for the state’s northern hospitals because there are more coronavirus patients than the institutions can handle.

The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare quietly enacted the move Monday and publicly announced it in a statement Tuesday morning — warning residents that they may not get the care they would normally expect if they need to be hospitalized.

The move came as the state’s confirmed coronavirus cases skyrocketed in recent weeks. Idaho has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the U.S.

The state health agency cited “a severe shortage of staffing and available beds in the northern area of the state caused by a massive increase in patients with COVID-19 who require hospitalization.”

Hawaii just told providers too that they can go ahead and ration care and not be held liable.

Fuck you, anti-vaxers and anti-mask wipes of ass.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Patton Oswalt to DeathSatan and Spencer Cox: Fuck you. 

Comedian and actor Patton Oswalt canceled his upcoming tour dates in Florida and Salt Lake City because the venues would not comply with his request that attendees either show proof of full vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test.

Oswalt told fans in an Instagram video that he made the requests to protect people coming to his "Patton Oswalt Live: Who's Ready To Laugh?" tour.

"The good news is we're keeping everyone who comes to these shows safe and healthy because the numbers are going up," he said last Wednesday. "Now the bad news, of course, is there are five venues on the tour that are not complying with this.”

Oswalt said the cancelations affect four December dates in Florida and one in Salt Lake City that was scheduled for 2022.

Reason Governors and not the venues?  Venues sounded more than willing to accompate but it was the fuck stuck state governments that caused problems  

There was already a cancellation for an event here in Iowa cause that fuck CovidKim gleefully signed a bill into law that doesn’t allow businesses to require vaccination. 

If you all can’t tell I am so fucking over the state of my birth at this point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

You know, one of the things I love about FJ is the admirable absence of tone policing. It is so nice to be able to go somewhere and say "fuck this, fuck that, and fuck that other thing too" and not have people coo at you that you are not being nice enough to your enemies. 

Spoiler

fuckthis.gif.c9c1c01e9d6090d4acb2931c5a25aded.gif

Edited by FiveAcres
tyop
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Reveal hidden contents

September 2, 2021

Thank you for that fucking barrage of awesomeness.  The recommendation to have intimate relations with a piranha is my favorite, but I have some some close seconds.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I got about 5/6th of the way through before the word "fuck" started to look funny and temporarily lost all meaning.  

"Ass-caterpillar" may stick with me for a while.  🐛

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic