IGNORED

Coronavirus 6: The Plague of Delta

Coconut Flan

I read a 3rd conservative talk radio host has now died of covid after mocking the vaccine and the severity of covid. I am guessing some of these conservative radio hosts are followed by Jill & David or people they fellowship with in their travels. I wonder what they think of all these leaders of the anti mask/covid/vax movement dying. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/another-conservative-anti-vaccine-radio-132500625.html 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6

Honestly, the only reason I feel badly about those rabid anti-vaxx, anti-mask fools dying is because they used up precious hospital resources potentially needed by others who cared enough about others to do the right thing.

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 21

Ohio judge orders hospital to treat COVID patient with Ivermectin despite CDC warnings

CINCINNATTI — A suburban Cincinnati woman, whose husband has been on a ventilator in the hospital with COVID-19, won a court order forcing the hospital to treat her husband's virus with an anti-parasitic treatment commonly used for livestock.

The case is one of a handful nationwide where courts have sided with family members and forced doctors to use Ivermectin, which is unproven in the treatment of COVID-19 and is not recommended by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Jeffrey Smith, 51, came down with COVID-19 in early July and has been in the intensive care unit of a Butler County hospital for weeks. His wife, Julie Smith, asked in Butler County Common Pleas Court on Aug. 20 for an emergency order for the use of Ivermectin.

Julie Smith discovered Ivermectin on the internet and found a doctor willing to prescribe it. This is the doctor:

Spoiler

Wagshul is a Dayton, Ohio-area pulmonologist who is listed as a founder of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance, a nonprofit that touts Ivermectin as both a preventative and treatment for COVID-19. The organization's “How To Get Ivermectin” section on its websites includes prices and locations of pharmacies that will supply it.

[...]

In an interview with the Ohio Capital Journal, Wagshul said the science behind Ivermectin’s use in COVID-19 patients is “irrefutable.” The CDC and FDA engaged in a “conspiracy,” he said, to block its use to protect the FDA’s emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccines. He said the mainstream media and social media companies have been engaging in “censorship” on Ivermectin’s merits, and that the U.S. government’s refusal to acknowledge its benefits amounts to genocide.

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

Maybe Dr. Wagshul should personally come to the hospital to administer the dewormer.  I get that there are exceptions when using experimental medicines as a last ditch effort (i.e., a former coworker’s spouse was given experimental chemo as part of a trial), but this medication is well known and apparently has no application as a preventative or cure for Covid.  If the hospital objects, Dr. Internet should come in and take responsibility for administering the correct dosage, etc. 

There is no limit to my crankiness on willfully unvaccinated adults taking precious hospital beds. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

My son just messaged me and told me that our former parish has had a Covid outbreak and several people are down, some in very bad shape.  I am not surprised, as I know of at least two anti vaxx families with lots of young kids who go there, and I'm sure there are more.  

I'm so glad we all left.  

ETA: there are only two people there that I care anything about, and I know they are both vaxxed, thankfully.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • WTF 1
  • Love 10

Ivermectin is a poison, people!

I guess an argument could be made that lots of things that we think of as medication are actually meant to kill something - antibiotics, for example.

But really, this stuff is meant to kill lice and worms. It happens to be tolerable, in specific doses, to some of the host animals for those parasites, but Corona is a virus, not a worm.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

There is no limit to my crankiness on willfully unvaccinated adults taking precious hospital beds. 

I don't like this about myself, but every single time I read a headline like "anti-vax dude dies of Covid" or "Anti-Vaxxer dies from taking Ivermectin" I think "GOOD." Bye, good riddance, thanks for removing yourself from the voter rolls and hopefully also the gene pool. Hope you end up in the hot place paying for anyone else you infected and/or killed.

I really at this point think a certain percentage of ICU beds should be held open and only vaccinated Covid patients allowed to use them, otherwise they are for non-Covid use only. I'm out of compassion and sympathy and perfectly willing to let anti-vax nuts just go ahead and die. They made their choice. 

And if I had a loved one die of something perfectly treatable, like the veteran with gallstones? I'd be looking into suing those spreading misinformation. The big names, like Tucker Carlson. A few wrongful death suits might make them less likely to run their mouths about things they know nothing about.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I don't like this about myself, but every single time I read a headline like "anti-vax dude dies of Covid" or "Anti-Vaxxer dies from taking Ivermectin" I think "GOOD." Bye, good riddance, thanks for removing yourself from the voter rolls and hopefully also the gene pool. Hope you end up in the hot place paying for anyone else you infected and/or killed.

I really at this point think a certain percentage of ICU beds should be held open and only vaccinated Covid patients allowed to use them, otherwise they are for non-Covid use only. I'm out of compassion and sympathy and perfectly willing to let anti-vax nuts just go ahead and die. They made their choice. 

And if I had a loved one die of something perfectly treatable, like the veteran with gallstones? I'd be looking into suing those spreading misinformation. The big names, like Tucker Carlson. A few wrongful death suits might make them less likely to run their mouths about things they know nothing about.

Not so much on thinking "good," because they do still have families, but I get mad. They probably could have gotten vaccinated months ago and instead they chose to spread disease and take up an ICU bed unnecessarily. I did see that one hospital was considering, if they got to a point where they were rationing care (I wish I could remember where I saw this), the determination of whether someone got a bed would consider whether they were vaccinated or not, and I can't blame them.

I wonder if they'd get anywhere. Fox News argued in a lawsuit years ago that the talking heads, at least, were "entertainment" rather than "news" and therefore shouldn't be held liable for untruths, and in trying to check that I found there was a recent case (2020) where a lawsuit was dismissed because, says a judge: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' " [from https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye]

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I would triage ICU beds by:

Do you have the vax?

Are you too young or do you have a legitimate health condition that prevents you from vaxxing?

Do you need another type of non-covid care (like the guy with gallstones)

Extra beds open in case of emergency.

Then I'd give a bed to anti-vaxxers. And, if their bed is needed- the anti vaxxers get kicked out!

Call me harsh, but I'm done with these jokers.

• Upvote 12

Rand Paul,  not a virologist, Covid 19 expert, epidemiologist:     https://www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-scientists-wont-study-ivermectin-covid-cure-hatred-trump-2021-8

Maybe the reason ivermectin isn't being studied is because it is an anti-parasite drug for livestock.  He needs to stay in his own fucking lane which is eyes. Oh wait, he is board certified because he created his own board and helped write the open book exam he took for certification.  I wouldn't let him near my cat's eyes.

Edited by PsyD2013
I just had to get one more dig in
  • Upvote 8

I've been helping my housekeeper convince her and her husband's families to get vaccinated.  We were sort of too late with her husband's youngest sister.  They were exposed a couple of days before they received the first dose.  They came down with COVID three days later.  Even worse his mother still refuses to get vaccinated.  She's 89.  Thankfully her case was like a cold and loss of taste and smell.  They've all recovered.  The rest of the family will hopefully go back for the second dose, but grandma is still stubbornly saying it wasn't that bad.  I don't need to get vaccinated.  

None of them were officially tested so there are at least six cases not counted.  They all lost their senses of taste and smell so what else do we believe they might have had?  Plus they were all exposed to the same person who did test positive.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

We are on quarantine at my house.  My son tested positive after attending school for a whopping 5 days.  He is beyond pissed as there are not measures to help him get caught up on instruction- he's taking a heavy course load of AP classes and is rightfully worried about his GPA.  Remoting in seems like a logical response but thanks to the our inept gov- not an option.  There is no mandated masking OR contact tracing in Iowa schools.  (Thanks Covid Kim!!).  My son was vaccinated and wearing his Trump 2024 mask (at least he was wearing one- even though I want to burn the damn thing).  The school nurse told me that he was the first vaccinated/masked kid in his school to have a break through infection.  Delta is wickedly contagious and Iowa schools can no longer have meaningful mitigation measures in place such as mask mandates, hybrid learning, etc thanks to the Kim Reaper and her minions.  I really hate living in Iowa since it flipped ruby red and can't wait to get the hell out of here after PsyD junior graduates and find a blue state with decent weather.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 10

7 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I was talking to my mom about it and I think the old leper colonies should be reopened and used to house the antivaxxers.

Free transportation there, 1M$ and a vaccine if they want to return.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Ohio judge orders hospital to treat COVID patient with Ivermectin despite CDC warnings

Julie Smith discovered Ivermectin on the internet and found a doctor willing to prescribe it. This is the doctor:

Hide contents

Wagshul is a Dayton, Ohio-area pulmonologist who is listed as a founder of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance, a nonprofit that touts Ivermectin as both a preventative and treatment for COVID-19. The organization's “How To Get Ivermectin” section on its websites includes prices and locations of pharmacies that will supply it.

[...]

In an interview with the Ohio Capital Journal, Wagshul said the science behind Ivermectin’s use in COVID-19 patients is “irrefutable.” The CDC and FDA engaged in a “conspiracy,” he said, to block its use to protect the FDA’s emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccines. He said the mainstream media and social media companies have been engaging in “censorship” on Ivermectin’s merits, and that the U.S. government’s refusal to acknowledge its benefits amounts to genocide.

I think the family bringing the lawsuit should be liable for all costs associated with either bringing their pet doctor in to administer the dewormer, or - my preferred choice - transporting their family member to the hospital where he practices so they can administer it there.

I don't think the hospital should be forced to do something that is frankly medically unethical - if the judge wants to rule the patient be allowed dewormer as prescribed by a doctor in a different state then the ruling should be that the family make arrangements to transfer the patient and bear the cost, and the hospital is released from all future litigation over this patient.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 10

@PsyD2013 And now some kids don‘t even have to quarantine if exposed to Covid which makes a break through infection like your son had even more likely.

I wish your son a speedy recovery!

• WTF 13
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Ivermectin is a poison, people!

I guess an argument could be made that lots of things that we think of as medication are actually meant to kill something - antibiotics, for example.

But really, this stuff is meant to kill lice and worms. It happens to be tolerable, in specific doses, to some of the host animals for those parasites, but Corona is a virus, not a worm.

I wonder how many of those lining up for ivermectin are also of the “Chemo/fluoride is PoIsOn!!!1!1” mindset.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

In the news this morning:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-hospitalization-oldest-americans/

COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness in preventing hospitalization drops among oldest Americans, but still over 80%, CDC analysis finds

and

https://news.yahoo.com/even-delta-variant-ability-covid-045427328.html

Even with the Delta variant, the ability of COVID-19 vaccines to prevent hospitalization hasn't significantly dropped, CDC scientist says

Two different articles, two varying headlines, reporting on the same CDC report.  

Their actual reporting isn't that variable, but they do give a different initial spin.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

I wonder how many of those lining up for ivermectin are also of the “Chemo/fluoride is PoIsOn!!!1!1” mindset.

Why did they give up on bleach?  I hope no horses are denied ivermectin because of this.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Smash! said:

@PsyD2013 And now some kids don‘t even have to quarantine if exposed to Covid which makes a break through infection like your son had even more likely.

I wish your son a speedy recovery!

How the hell are we this far into a pandemic and people still don't understand the concept of asymptomatic infection and transmission? So basically, yeah no probs if your child was exposed and is potentially exposing everyone else - just keep them home for the last couple of days of their infectious period when they start to look sick. 

10 hours ago, smittykins said:

Hm... maybe we should start a rumour that fluoridated water prevents covid... at least it's likely to have some benefit!

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 6

MLB Network analysts John Smoltz, Al Leiter no longer welcome in studio due to refusal to get vaccinated

Two of MLB Network's biggest names are apparently no longer welcome at MLB Network's studios.

Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz and two-time All-Star Al Leiter will no longer appear in-studio at MLB Network due to their refusal to take a COVID-19 vaccine, according to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post. MLB Network reportedly made it mandatory for all its employees to be vaccinated, with the policy going into effect on Sept. 1.

Both pitchers will reportedly now work remotely on their shows with the network. Smoltz is also still set to call MLB Network's ALDS games.

The bigger question may be if Smoltz's other employer has an issue with his refusal to be vaccinated. Smoltz has been the lead baseball analyst for Fox Sports since 2016 and works as color commentator alongside Joe Buck in the World Series.

Leiter could have a similar issue elsewhere, too. He currently works as a baseball operations advisor for the New York Mets, who recently issued their own vaccine mandate for employees.

Although I do respect Smoltz’s accomplishments as a pitcher, personally he’s always struck me as kind of a jerk; I know he’s a supporter of the previous president.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 3

Day 3 of quarantine for me.  My employer has a policy that if a member of my household is positive, then I quarantine.  I've had way too much time on my hands to read Face Book posts authored by extreme GQP,  keeping each other updated on where to get horse dewormer and praising Rand Paul's stance that those liberal scientists hate their Lord and Savior, Donald J Trump.  I wanted so bad to post, but you know,, arguing with stupid is futile.  I also found Trae's stance on dewormer:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

I'm not sure exactly what they're going to do with this, but San Diego county has declared COVID misinformation a public health crisis:

https://www.10news.com/news/coronavirus/san-diego-county-board-of-supervisors-to-discuss-declaring-covid-19-misinformation-a-public-health-crisis

It passed after an all day debate.   That story is behind a pay wall.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic