IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

13 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Well one day after the news article comes out saying the examiner who approved Joe for a pilot's license was suspended, another one comes out today saying he's now unsuspended.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/pilot-examiners-status-restored-after-crash-investigation/article_73090b2c-d8fe-11eb-9667-bfe25b817956.html

Since when is the FAA so quick? 

So, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but first FAA records say his medical was expired the day of the crash and the FAA says their records are "generally accurate", but then his medical certificate gets presented by church leaders on the news and the FAA updates their website.

Then an article comes out yesterday about the examiner being suspended "while investigators continue to look into the fatal jet crash". 

But literally a day later, the examiner is no longer suspended.  (I assume the investigation isn't done.  The final report won't be out for probably a year or more.)

That's twice the FAA has quickly changed its mind.  Since when is ANY government agency so quick to do anything? 

Fishy?  Conspiracy theory material?  Or just a couple normal days at the FAA office?

Anyway, I posted a long while back (maybe 2 years ago) about how awful Joe was as a person.  While RF sings his praises, the truth will come out in time.  Joe was not a good person and was the ultimate downfall of Gwen Shamblin Lara.  (Something a supposed prophet should have seen coming.)

Will you share your thoughts on him in more detail? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I kind of want to joke that Joe must have used Gwen's weight to calculate for everyone on board, but that seems a bit morbid. 

And really, with her hair and shoes, even she probably weighed more than what he'd left for the people on board. 

Eh, morbid-shmorbid. I’ve been resisting temptation to point out that despite Gwen and the other cult leaders promoting starvation they were still too heavy for the plane and weighed it down. And that will be part of her legacy.

@WorseThan1Thinks That’s really really weird. The simplest things take ages in the federal government. This makes no sense.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Then an article comes out yesterday about the examiner being suspended "while investigators continue to look into the fatal jet crash". 

But literally a day later, the examiner is no longer suspended.  (I assume the investigation isn't done.  The final report won't be out for probably a year or more.)

That's twice the FAA has quickly changed its mind.  Since when is ANY government agency so quick to do anything?

The article said he was suspended since May 29, it’s just that it wasn’t reported until yesterday. Maybe he’s been working on some sort of appeal process all this time and since the news broke out maybe he threatened to sue or somehow escalate it? This is just pure speculation on my part of course. I know RF has a history of being highly litigious as well, who knows what kinds of angry phone calls/letters have been going back and forth.

It does seem weird how reactive the FAA had been to the media reports. RF being highly reactive to media coverage seems normal for them.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Will you share your thoughts on him in more detail? 

Check out thread 5 page 9.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

27 minutes ago, Strawbernana said:

The article said he was suspended since May 29, it’s just that it wasn’t reported until yesterday. Maybe he’s been working on some sort of appeal process all this time and since the news broke out maybe he threatened to sue or somehow escalate it? This is just pure speculation on my part of course. I know RF has a history of being highly litigious as well, who knows what kinds of angry phone calls/letters have been going back and forth.

It does seem weird how reactive the FAA had been to the media reports. RF being highly reactive to media coverage seems normal for them.

Check out thread 5 page 9.

Any chance you can link to thread 5 page 9 pretty please? I tried to search for it but I had no luck. 

• I Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Kailash said:

Any chance you can link to thread 5 page 9 pretty please? I tried to search for it but I had no luck. 

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1710682

Oops. Doublepost, sorry. But it is a great post by @WorseThan1Thinks so maybe it deserves to be posted twice!

Edited by throwaway9988
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Anyway, I posted a long while back (maybe 2 years ago) about how awful Joe was as a person. 

In what ways was he awful and what is your source of info? Not a challenge as much as curiosity. 

• Upvote 1

@WorseThan1Thinks thanks for the reminder of all the police reports Joe filed against his ex. 

Someone last thread believes the girl was at RF VBS. I really hope her mom starts distancing the daughter from RF. Nothing good can come from the girl being around that cult. I hope the girl and her mom can move away from that entire group and live peacefully without custody and cult issues. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@WorseThan1Thinks thanks for the reminder of all the police reports Joe filed against his ex. 

Someone last thread believes the girl was at RF VBS. I really hope her mom starts distancing the daughter from RF. Nothing good can come from the girl being around that cult. I hope the girl and her mom can move away from that entire group and live peacefully without custody and cult issues. 

I don’t think it was her. I looked at pictures of her from Christmas 2020 and I don’t think the little girl in the camp pic is her. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think it was her. I looked at pictures of her from Christmas 2020 and I don’t think the little girl in the camp pic is her. 

I hope you are right!!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Today's Pro Ana While You're Dead daily thinspirational was also posted in December 2019, and it's still terrible. If you've been on WeighDown for 10 years and it still isn't working,  and starving yourself isn't easy for you, it's your fault. If you eat you hate God. If  you're fat you're also bad in  other ways. It's all or nothing. Skinny or evil.

The saddest thing is the comment. Some poor soul takes Gwen's deranged nonsense seriously and needs an intervention stat.

Spoiler

Important Questions to Ask Yourself Daily

June 30, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

So, why would someone struggle with their weight for years—even if they had been in Weigh Down Workshop and know of its concept of hunger and fullness for two to ten years? Why can you not just lose the weight?

The real issue is: Who is the God in your life? Who is the God in your eating? A lead is a lead. The God in the little things will be God in the big things. If you don’t have a God in what you consider the little things, you don’t have a God at all. It is not about big or small things, it is about rule or no rule.

Social Share

One Comment

Susan Randle December 16, 2019 at 8:27 am Reply

Beautiful truth ! That’s got to be my trouble, I must slow down and listen for everything or I’m not listening at all! Thank you!

Dear Susan, have you considered that maybe WeighDown isn't working because it's bullshit?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The mom had partial custody, right? If that is the case, I can not imagine any scenario where any court would allow custody to go to anyone but the mom. And after all Joe and Gwen out her through, the mom would be nuts if she allowed her daughter anywhere near that cult now. My guess is that is not her in the picture.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

17 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

The mom had partial custody, right? If that is the case, I can not imagine any scenario where any court would allow custody to go to anyone but the mom. And after all Joe and Gwen out her through, the mom would be nuts if she allowed her daughter anywhere near that cult now. My guess is that is not her in the picture.

IIRC, someone on one of these threads said that the mom had primary custody (physical or legal or both I am not sure).

From my line of work when parents are not together, if one parent dies the assumption is the kid lives with the living parent, if the court order was just between the parents. (If the order was between guardian and parent or foster care and parent that has different issues.) In my state, we would close the case/docket between the parents. The only way we would open a new case/docket is if someone petitioned the court for support and that person is not the living parent. It is not the courts job to insert themselves into the lives of people. 

*not an attorney, not playing one on FJ, just speaking from my experience in another state but child support does have many national rules by the IV-D policy. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

So, I was looking at my local Craigslist the other day and I saw a copy of the Weigh Down materials (including four cassette tapes!) for sale. 

There was a very long description written out (someone took the time to type a good five paragraphs about how wonderful the program is, nothing about the plane crash, of course) and the seller was very explicit about the fact that they’re only getting rid of the materials because they’re “downsizing.” 

I  had wondered if any of the recent events would cause questioning of her older materials, but I guess not. Unfortunately.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Someone last thread believes the girl was at RF VBS.

I think you mean me, but I was only wondering if that was her. I couldn't tell from the pictures. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'll bet you're right. I went back and listened three times to the names they called. We don't know her name but I didn't hear anything that sounded like Lara or Pavlovich (her mom's last name). Plus, it doesn't seem likely that mom would leave her there.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Saw on the news this morning that over 85 people attending a church summer camp in Central Illinois in mid-June have come down with Covid-19.   Masks were not required, and only a few of the staff were vaccinated.  I have a feeling this group could be the next headline.     

You were saying …

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/us/illinois-summer-camp-coronavirus-outbreak/index.html

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

From what I heard, the mom went to Ashlawn the day of the plane crash and picked up her daughter (accompanied by police officers).  A couple of days later she moved out of TN.  Of course, that's just hearsay, but I would have felt freedom from custody issues and probably would have done the same.  I would hate to be tied to an ex and have to do custody swaps.

Edited by RFFriend
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

I read this thread and I have some experience with divorce/custody issues and family court.  These DCF reports are par for the course in custody battles and I have learned that it can be one or both causing the problem.  I don't read from this that Joe was  definitely the bad guy.  Could be either or both.  One thing I saw was the ex was showing up at his house and recording he and his mother all because she needed a remote.  That doesn't sound like someone who was afraid for her life from her ex.

It is not uncommon for one party to genuinely think that the other party is molesting the child.  It is also not uncommon for one party to be abusing the child.  Most of the reports are marked as "unfounded."  I am part of a group on Facebook and all the time I see kids getting killed by parents who the other parent tried to warn the system about.  The reports are marked as unfounded and later the child winds up dead.  I'm not defending Joe because I didn't know him and he could have been a bad guy.  I don't have enough information to make that call.

So, I take all of this with a grain of salt and unless I know the people and situation more intimately,  I can't really know what is truly happening by these reports.  One thing I do see a lot of is that the DCF workers pick a side and the reports are biased.  I knew one woman that was being abused by her ex and the DCF reports painted her as the problem and the abuser as the victim.  They get it wrong a lot.  Sometimes the abusers are the charming ones and the victims come across as agitated and hypervigilant.  In fact, most divorce attorneys will tell you not to say you think the other parent is abusing the child as it will blow up in your face.  

So, just my two cents...

• Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 3

Didn’t Joe, after he married Gwen, get in trouble for trying to hide recording devices at his ex’s house? Am I mixing up fundie drama?
Since Joe brought his daughter into a starvation cult and gave her a step mother who bragged about denying children food and supported people who literally beat a child to death, I’m just going to say he probably isn’t a good guy. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 17

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Didn’t Joe, after he married Gwen, get in trouble for trying to hide recording devices at his ex’s house? Am I mixing up fundie drama?
Since Joe brought his daughter into a starvation cult and gave her a step mother who bragged about denying children food and supported people who literally beat a child to death, I’m just going to say he probably isn’t a good guy. 

You are correct! @WorseThan1Thinks delivered these receipts back way back in the Lick The Fork thread: 

“A quick who's who to help make this more understandable:
Suspect is Chris Clark, a retired cop who is Gwen's main security guy.
Parent of Victim is William Joe Lara who is Tarzan.
Victim is Joe's daughter, the innocent little girl.
Complainant is Natasha Pavlovich, the little girl's mother.

Spoiler

4F15954F-8BE6-4BFC-A890-20D1D52F1078.png

80A35C46-A3BC-4CBA-875A-46292554E162.png

9DEA0BD6-DD41-43ED-9B72-D52B8C70B133.png

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 14

On 6/29/2021 at 6:27 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Different thread, different prophet, different fashion statement.

Screenshot_20210629-192246__01.thumb.jpg.fded985c7d8464ce9fee4de484a47a00.jpg

The day camp photos are from a world without Covid. No masks no distance no sense.  

So the woman who always looked dead while her mother was alive now suddenly looks alive while her mother is definitely dead .

• Upvote 17
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, RFFriend said:

So, I take all of this with a grain of salt and unless I know the people and situation more intimately,  I can't really know what is truly happening by these reports.    

Nah. Joe married Gwen, joined a cult, and did a bunch of shady stuff during the custody battles once he was married. I see absolutely no reason to doubt the mom and to believe Joe had to have had a screw loose at best and was just a shitty human at worst. When there is smoke there is usually fire.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, hasunah said:

So the woman who always looked dead while her mother was alive now suddenly looks alive while her mother is definitely dead .

No, but she did let her hair down, literally! I don’t think Michellabeth looks any healthier than her baseline look of walking corpse. She just doesn’t have her hair combed back into a ponytail and her hair down softens the gaunt angles of her face. A bit. Looking powerful and in charge? Hellz yes!  I hope she is sneaking all kinds of good food at home now that her mother isn’t there to police her. Ok, well, that isn’t going to happen, but I wish it for her just the same.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I don't know if it's just the hair, but in that photo she looks about five pounds heavier to me.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic