IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

She just posted a story about some marriage "encouragement" (god I hate that word when fundies use it) thing she's doing with other moms on IG and she's bouncing Toby on one hip the whole time...while he's crying.  

Hey Braggie.  PUT THE FUCKING PHONE DOWN, GET OFF IG, AND COMFORT YOUR KID. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She just posted a story about some marriage "encouragement" (god I hate that word when fundies use it) thing she's doing with other moms on IG and she's bouncing Toby on one hip the whole time...while he's crying.  

Hey Braggie.  PUT THE FUCKING PHONE DOWN, GET OFF IG, AND COMFORT YOUR KID. 

What she needs is parenting “encouragement.” She seems to think she already knows everything about parenting though.

• Upvote 4

Another day, another post bashing poor Shiloh- It’s not Shiloh’s fault that you got pregnant before your usual spacing and ended up with twin boys.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 9

From the way she talks about Shiloh's eating habits, I wonder if she somehow missed that toddlers often eat very small amounts of food at a time. 

Why is "gobbling" chicken and "scarfing" dinner something you would want a child to do? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, katilac said:

From the way she talks about Shiloh's eating habits, I wonder if she somehow missed that toddlers often eat very small amounts of food at a time. 

Why is "gobbling" chicken and "scarfing" dinner something you would want a child to do? 

My kids were mega grazers as toddlers and preschoolers. That’s why I always had healthy snacks easily available. I’m guessing Braggie may not offer healthy snacks and expects him to eat three big meals a day and that’s it. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids were mega grazers as toddlers and preschoolers. That’s why I always had healthy snacks easily available. I’m guessing Braggie may not offer healthy snacks and expects him to eat three big meals a day and that’s it. 

See, this is another example of too many kids, people, Anthro brochures and too little time. 

The following should be MY mantra: The day is never longer than 24 hours even if you’re fundie, and you have to sleep. Plan your blessings accordingly.

• Upvote 5

Today’s IG is a Q and A with A and S. S is rambling on about having a plan to prioritize your marriage, no matter the number of kids that you have. I was screeching at my phone, “clearly, Shaun, your plan is foisting your kids on anyone with a heartbeat, most often times your ILs.” Entitlement, thy names are Shaun and Abbie. ETA- how have I managed to miss the fact that Shaun is as arrogant and pinheaded as Abbie?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 15

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

ETA- how have I managed to miss the fact that Shaun is as arrogant and pinheaded as Abbie?

Think about it - who else would be able to tolerate her?  Birds of a feather and all that.

ETA - if you watch her videos with the closed captions on, you can see how many times she says "um"; it really stands out.  Also, you don't have to hear her robotic, Stepford voice, so bonus.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 6

Well, I listened to more of their IG talk, and I can unequivocally say that I hate how they parent and the choices they make. The older kids like to stay up later to spend time with their folks, but Abbie bitches about that because it cuts into their couple’s time. Shaun adds that they’ve had to set limits. Isn’t the weekly dinner date, which they both admit ALWAYS happens, enough? EF them. You have too many kids, and take out the fact that you have too many on the kids. EF them EF them EF them. 24 hours in a day, And if couple’s time is your priority, STOP adding time sucks (children) to the mix.

• Upvote 17
  • Fuck You 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1

She needs to take a few bucks from their constant vacation fund and spring for a tripod.  Her stupid arm stretched out taking up half the frame through that whole video looks ridiculous. 

• Haha 4

Shaun is usually gone too much to snark on. It seems likely that if he had a problem with their lifestyle, he would try to change something.

One of the things I don't understand about Abbie is that she seems to have ended up quiverfull based on her decisions. I think a lot of the Duggar-Bates crowd will end up where Abbie is, but at least as second-generation fundies they will have some excuse for ending up there. Usually people who struggle with family planning are raised in a way that makes it hard such as Catholic or quiverfull IFB, etc. Abbie and Shaun seems less a part of something bigger, more just people who decided on a whim to have a large family.

• I Agree 5

Ummmmm ....... I think Shaun and Braggie are lying fibbing about the weekly dinner date always happening.  We know from Braggie Shaun travels for work. A lot. frequently many days in a row. More days than are in a week.

Sooooooo ... if Shaun is gone more than a week , how can they have a weekly dinner date every week?

Methinks B&S are swilling some BS.

• Upvote 3

I think Abbie was 100% honest when she said that she was the one who complains when the kids want to stay up later, because it interferes with couple’s time. I can just hear her screeching about the kids presence impacting her couple’s me time. I feel so sorry for those kids. All of them are going to leave that home with so much emotional baggage and guilt.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think the kids want to stay up later to spend time with Abbie, they want to spend time with Shaun. Because except on co-op days, isn’t Abbie around most of the time? She is supposedly a stay at home mother who is home schooling her kids, after all.

And it is perfectly possible to have a gorgeous home with young kids, or with kids who have an intense need to pull everything off shelves and walls. A mother I know with a school-aged child who, due to the kids developmental disability, doesn’t leave anything alone and has no sense of personal boundaries, has done it for close to a decade and most parents do it for a year or two at least. You just have to put some effort into it. You hang stuff on walls, put child locks (the magnet ones are great and don’t show) on everything, and block off areas you don’t want the kid in. The mom I mentioned above doesn’t let Kid into the adult bedroom or the kitchen alone, and has decorated both absolutely beautifully, then when the kid is in those areas, stays within reaching distance at all times. You can also have decorations that are kid-safe, like seasonal pillows, unbreakable ornaments, etc. It just takes effort, and you have to be okay with visitors being able to tell that a kid lives there.

• I Agree 6

I have to say something that drives me crazy with Abby: I can’t stand how she flaunts her hair! I have long, curly hair similar to Abby. I hate having it all in my face, so I make it a point to style my hair to look nice, but not completely framing my face. It’s certainly pretty, but completely annoying to wear it how Abby does. She is completely flaunting her locks by parting it in the back and draping her hair in the front. It makes me itch and sweat seeing her hair like that. Abby has to be special, I guess. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Zommom said:

I have to say something that drives me crazy with Abby: I can’t stand how she flaunts her hair! I have long, curly hair similar to Abby. I hate having it all in my face, so I make it a point to style my hair to look nice, but not completely framing my face. It’s certainly pretty, but completely annoying to wear it how Abby does. She is completely flaunting her locks by parting it in the back and draping her hair in the front. It makes me itch and sweat seeing her hair like that. Abby has to be special, I guess. 

I’m the same way. I can’t stand my hair in my face. I had long hair down to my butt in high school. It was a real pain. It would get caught in my car door and other places. My long hairs were all over the bathroom and house. It took forever to dry, straighten, or curl my hair. I think that if a person wants long hair, that’s great. But it’s a lot of work and some extra hassle. Braggie would actually have time to wash her hair more often than every ten days if she cut it off. But Braggie wants to do the hardest thing possible so she can be a martyr. So she keeps it long. She won’t do anything to make her life easier. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Is the long, crunchy (albeit clean) hair encouraged and revered in some fundamentalist sects? Much like unfettered procreation?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is the long, crunchy (albeit clean) hair encouraged and revered in some fundamentalist sects? Much like unfettered procreation?

Braggie does her own fundie thing. Her parents are messianic and she isn’t. I don’t think she’s ever been in the fundie cults we talk about on FJ. She goes to church every Sunday but I feel like her religion is just her own made up version of martyrdom. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think that was one of Gothard's fetishes.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m the same way. I can’t stand my hair in my face. I had long hair down to my butt in high school. It was a real pain. It would get caught in my car door and other places. My long hairs were all over the bathroom and house. It took forever to dry, straighten, or curl my hair. I think that if a person wants long hair, that’s great. But it’s a lot of work and some extra hassle. Braggie would actually have time to wash her hair more often than every ten days if she cut it off. But Braggie wants to do the hardest thing possible so she can be a martyr. So she keeps it long. She won’t do anything to make her life easier. 

I had hair down to my hips until after Mr. Xtian died. I had it cut to just above my bra strap. It's growing out again and I can't decide if I'm going to cut it or not.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zommom said:

It makes me itch and sweat seeing her hair like that.

Trust me, in East Texas summers, it makes her itch and sweat too.  

To me it will always look like she has giant cocker spaniel ears, and (BEC) it makes her miles-long face look longer and harsher.

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

Obviously she's much younger in these old pics, but I do think the shoulder length hair suits her face better. I also think these photos better represent her natural texture/curl.

Spoiler

30631_1475759779140_3738560_n.jpg.ca4dc730953858fb58638df167aa001f.jpg1484043_10202572332374697_1340123909_o.thumb.jpg.a05f4ed20dc7595317719d7a02eb1427.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 14

Abbie looks much better with shorter hair. Her face is too long for long hair. Long hair only draws her face down more (and ages her). Sad isn’t it, how happy and healthy she used to look. All those kids have taken a toll on her. Also, when you look at Shaun, he pretty much looks the same. For all the bragging she does on Shaun, he clearly isn’t nearly as adversely affected from having had 10 kids vs Abbie. They should have stopped having kids after the twin girls(if not before). The last 5 boys have aged Abbie, tremendously.

Another thing that really bugs me about these folks…look at Shaun and Abbie’s teeth. They have clearly had orthodontia. I’ll rule out genetically straight teeth, as their kids have clearly not been blessed. There is no reason the H’s can’t get their kids orthodontia. Maybe they have in more recent times, but as 11-12 YOs all the kids have displayed such a need for orthodontic evaluation. If you have money, please take care of all your growing kids’ needs. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Abbie looks much better with shorter hair. Her face is too long for long hair. Long hair only draws her face down more (and ages her). Sad isn’t it, how happy and healthy she used to look. All those kids have taken a toll on her. Also, when you look at Shaun, he pretty much looks the same. For all the bragging she does on Shaun, he clearly isn’t nearly as adversely affected from having had 10 kids vs Abbie. They should have stopped having kids after the twin girls(if not before). The last 5 boys have aged Abbie, tremendously.

Another thing that really bugs me about these folks…look at Shaun and Abbie’s teeth. They have clearly had orthodontia. I’ll rule out genetically straight teeth, as their kids have clearly not been blessed. There is no reason the H’s can’t get their kids orthodontia. Maybe they have in more recent times, but as 11-12 YOs all the kids have displayed such a need for orthodontic evaluation. If you have money, please take care of all your growing kids’ needs. 

She definitely seems like the type that would get all her kids braces. She’s so obsessed with looks she shaved her baby’s head. She might just be waiting a little bit. I’m sure her kids will have braces eventually. 

• Upvote 1

Shaun's brother is a dentist.  You'd think Braggie would be all over trying to get discounted or free braces.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic