IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

My cousin’s first kid was such a climber that they installed *two* baby gates in doorways, one over the other—and the little guy still tried to climb over them both.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Hane said:

My cousin’s first kid was such a climber that they installed *two* baby gates in doorways, one over the other—and the little guy still tried to climb over them both.

I had a child like that. It starts where you put stuff you don't want them to have up higher, and pretty soon they are scaling the refrigerator. I was finding stuff from the top bookshelf in her room on the floor because she was climbing the book shelves at night before she could walk.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

I had a child like that. It starts where you put stuff you don't want them to have up higher, and pretty soon they are scaling the refrigerator. I was finding stuff from the top bookshelf in her room on the floor because she was climbing the book shelves at night before she could walk.

Yup, had one like that too. Wasn't walking yet but he could climb like he'd been doing it for years. Another fearless one. That one is STILL pretty fearless. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Today on IG she posted a photo of one of the girls pushing the babies around in a wooden canoe (home decor) on the wood floor of their rental Air BnB . Such disrespectful  behavior and  total disregard for someone else’s property. I hope the owner sees it and withholds their security deposit- 

If someone else's kid played recklessly with her precious Anthro decor, she'd lose her fucking mind. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 13

24 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

If someone else's kid played recklessly with her precious Anthro decor, she'd lose her fucking mind. 

But I think she wouldn’t show it. I bet she’s sweet as honey when other moms are in her home. But the minute they leave she would flip her shit. She’s so fake.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, Hane said:

I remember when the Dilley sextuplets were toddlers, they were such climbers that their parents had to install THREE baby gates, one on top of the other, to keep them contained in the playroom.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

I remember when the Dilley sextuplets were toddlers, they were such climbers that their parents had to install THREE baby gates, one on top of the other, to keep them contained in the playroom.

At that point, I would be installing an actual door. Most likely a screen door that can lock so I can see and hear the babies. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Today on IG she posted a photo of one of the girls pushing the babies around in a wooden canoe (home decor) on the wood floor of their rental Air BnB . Such disrespectful  behavior and  total disregard for someone else’s property. I hope the owner sees it and withholds their security deposit- 

I saw that.  I hadn't realized it was a rental.  I was wondering why she would let them scratch up the floors like that when she cares so much about how everything looks.  BTW, Are they EVER home??? 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But I think she wouldn’t show it. I bet she’s sweet as honey when other moms are in her home. But the minute they leave she would flip her shit. She’s so fake.

I actually think she'd have very thinly veiled sweetness with a bite, so that you could tell that she was pissed if you knew her or were good at reading people. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, smittykins said:

My biggest memory about them is that when the dad was caring for them while the mom worked, he would just dump cereal on the kitchen floor and let them eat from the floor.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 7

38 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My biggest memory about them is that when the dad was caring for them while the mom worked, he would just dump cereal on the kitchen floor and let them eat from the floor.

I just looked them up and one is a doctor, one is a pharmacist, one is a nurse, and one is in law school. I doubt Braggie will have kids that successful. I’m sure she things she will. I bet she thinks they will all be CEOs, doctors, judges, and President if the United States. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

At that point, I would be installing an actual door. Most likely a screen door that can lock so I can see and hear the babies. 

Or a Dutch door with a window at the top. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

As long as he swept the floor first, lol 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And then she’d post a picture of whatever was broken with some ridiculous caption.

”Today, the littles broke this vase. It’s just a vase, nothing special, but I loved it. I had carefully selected it for this little reading nook. Do you ever find yourself getting frustrated with your kids for breaking things? I see you, friend. It’s hard. But then I remember that hard is not the same as bad. And each time my children break something I love, it’s an opportunity to grow in patience. If you’re struggling with feeling frustrated in parenting, consider pre-ordering a copy of my book (link in bio)!”

Edited by G33kywife
riffles
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, G33kywife said:

And then she’d post a picture of whatever was broken with some ridiculous caption.

”Today, the littles broke this vase. It’s just a vase, nothing special, but I loved it. I had carefully selected it for this little reading nook. Do you ever find yourself getting frustrated with your kids for breaking things? I see you, friend. It’s hard. But then I remember that hard is not the same as bad. And each time my children break something I love, it’s an opportunity to grow in patience. If you’re struggling with feeling frustrated in parenting, consider pre-ordering a copy of my book (link in bio)!”

Oh man you have the way she talks down perfectly. She’s so smug it’s gross.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

She'd tell us all about the broken vase because she'd want us to know, she knows the child that broke the vase did it on purpose. That this was a trial sent to her by God to test her faith. to allow her to be a martyr to her ...... something, something, something.

And ...... that after she swatted the awful child offender she prayed and thanked God for sending her this hard parenting event. But not a bad event. Oh no, not bad. Never bad. 

#hardisthesameasgood  If Braggie gets to show off her martyrdom.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

She'd tell us all about the broken vase because she'd want us to know, she knows the child that broke the vase did it on purpose. That this was a trial sent to her by God to test her faith. to allow her to be a martyr to her ...... something, something, something.

And ...... that after she swatted the awful child offender she prayed and thanked God for sending her this hard parenting event. But not a bad event. Oh no, not bad. Never bad. 

#hardisthesameasgood  If Braggie gets to show off her martyrdom.

Geez...if you don't want stuff broken or otherwise discombobled, keep it away from kids and pets. That's why the dog and cat food are in containers they can't open and the treats are in a cabinet and the shoes are in the closet!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Geez...if you don't want stuff broken or otherwise discombobled, keep it away from kids and pets. That's why the dog and cat food are in containers they can't open and the treats are in a cabinet and the shoes are in the closet!

But that would take effort. Also, it would indicate that her children sometimes misbehave. And we can’t have that!
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bea said:

But that would take effort. Also, it would indicate that her children sometimes misbehave. And we can’t have that!

And the biggest reason…

It would ruin the aesthetic! She cares so much about how her house looks. If she put all the breakables away or up high, it wouldn’t look as good in instagram pictures. And that’s what she lives for. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here but, I have two kids.  My house is filled with washable, inexpensive, neutral colored furnishings, funtainer water bottles and aged but still usable stuff.  I have two young kids.  Maybe someday I'll have "nice things" but I don't see the point.  I don't want to be upset if the kids spill milk or if a pen or marker gets on my comforter or my daughter doesn't get to the toilet in time.  I don't enjoy cleaning but I'll take a deep breath and get the paper towels and wipe it up.  And I sure as shit won't post about it on social media.  I don't need my kids to look back and see that I showed off their diaper explosion (Looking at you Evan Stewart/JB) or whined about them making a mess/getting into the cereal containers/etc.  And if I had that many littles?  Everything possible would be locked up and out of the way.  If I don't feel like cleaning it up I sure as hell make sure it's locked down.  I try not to watch her but My Tribe of Many handles things a good way.  On her channel there is no toddler shaming, teen shaming, etc.  She doesn't even specify when a kid is no longer in diapers.  I think that's great.  

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And the biggest reason…

It would ruin the aesthetic! She cares so much about how her house looks. If she put all the breakables away or up high, it wouldn’t look as good in instagram pictures. And that’s what she lives for. 

fuck me running...my house was pretty much a disaster when I had littles. Cleaning house wasn't nearly as much fun as chasing littles, baking bread or cookies, doing school, singing and dancing, going to the park or pool. My furniture was garage sale/thrift shop specials, my dishes didn't match, my pantry and fridge were full of kid goodies. Even now that it's just me and the critters, well, one cat knocks things off my desk or coffee table if he's not getting any love (or food), the other one has molded one couch cushion to suit her and that is her favorite spot in the world. Big dumb puppy drags her blanket from her crate to behind my desk so she can make sure mama trips over her regularly. I love it!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And the biggest reason…

To be fair, so do I. I like everything just so and it grates on my nerves when something is out of place. Aesthetic is as important to me as it is to Abbie. The difference is that I don't have a bunch of unwanted kids living in a department store sales room expecting them not to touch a damn thing. 

I have no idea what the end game is here. Does she expect to get a DIY mansion in heaven filled to the rafters with Anthro and no children? 

• Upvote 5

The thing about her house being poorly set up for kids is especially bad when you remember they built the house themselves. They could've designed it as if they had kids!

Instead they make the kids sit up at that high island with concrete counters on high stools. I'm all for independence. So set it up like a montessori school and give Shiloh a seat and table that he can access. They could have built in a little sink at kiddo level. They could have built in "yes spaces" for the littles that still matched her aesthetic. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

To be fair, so do I. I like everything just so and it grates on my nerves when something is out of place. Aesthetic is as important to me as it is to Abbie. The difference is that I don't have a bunch of unwanted kids living in a department store sales room expecting them not to touch a damn thing. 

I have no idea what the end game is here. Does she expect to get a DIY mansion in heaven filled to the rafters with Anthro and no children? 

I had to force myself to care less about aesthetics of my home when I had kids. No baby swings, bouncers, exersaucers, and high chairs look good with my decor. When they decorate the Christmas tree, the ornaments are all on one side. They aren’t spread out at all. I keep very few Knick knacks. Especially breakable ones. I got rid of so much of my stuff to make room for their stuff. But narcissistic parents like Jill Rod and Braggie don’t do any of that. They get more and more knick  knacks and don’t child proof. One day my kids will be grown and my house will look great again. But Braggie has kid after kid. So she has to wait a very long time to get her house back. And that’s the consequence of her choices. 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had to force myself to care less about aesthetics of my home when I had kids. No baby swings, bouncers, exersaucers, and high chairs look good with my decor. When they decorate the Christmas tree, the ornaments are all on one side. They aren’t spread out at all. I keep very few Knick knacks. Especially breakable ones. I got rid of so much of my stuff to make room for their stuff. But narcissistic parents like Jill Rod and Braggie don’t do any of that. They get more and more knick  knacks and don’t child proof. One day my kids will be grown and my house will look great again. But Braggie has kid after kid. So she has to wait a very long time to get her house back. And that’s the consequence of her choices. 

Exactly. We collected vintage for years before we could actually display it. Most of it sat in boxes because our daughter had a boisterous group of band kid friends that hung out at our house a lot. I didn't want to worry about fragile items while they wrestled on the carpet or threw drumsticks around. We moved to a new house after she left for college and finally were able the see our nice things. Opening the boxes was a treat. Some things sat for so long that I forgot I had them.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

Does anyone else feel like Abbie is doubling down on her last post? I would like to think that she reads here and feels the need to explain further but who knows. 

Spoiler

1318102135_Screenshot_20211102-1306032.thumb.png.2f2ff295371ad71cd751767550ca7cc6.png1497208352_Screenshot_20211102-1306172.png.7fe70a1fecb0f75e083573bdfe9c92c7.png

For someone who claims to have things figured out, she sure does "drown" a lot. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 9
  • I Agree 1

Abbie is 1000% quantity over quality. She could have much deeper, richer and genuine relationships with God, her husband, friends and children if she had fewer children and less extraneous, and for the most part, useless, fugly crap.

She is a shitty and superficial parent, friend, Christian etc. because she has so little time to devote to ALL of the details. And because she’s a narcissist, being labeled shitty (which deep down she knows she’s mailing it all in and is outmatched) just feeds into her craziness and makes her double down on the craptastic things she says and does. A narcissist can never be wrong.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic