IGNORED

What Happens in Darkness (Missing Women in the Evangelical Church)

LacyMay

Has anyone read what happens in Darkness yet (Laura McHugh) ? 

I just devoured it in a day and a half and their must be someone else here who will love it as much as I did. 

Set in the Ozarks it tells the story of 3 current young women who are missing, with the common thread being their evangelical faith and the isolation that comes with it. It also weaves back to a kidnapping 6 years prior. 

I'm bad at writing summaries but seriously this book was amazing. If you've read it please let me know so we can discuss!

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3

That was a great read!  (granted I suck at discussing books)

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to What Happens in Darkness (Missing Women in the Evangelical Church)

@clueliss

Ok so early on this 18 year old is giggling and speculating how her husband will want his eggs cooked and how he would want her to style her hair. 

And all I could think of was OMG it's Kendra, I could literally hear her in my head giggling about how she would cook for eggs for Joe once they were married.

Oops.  I’m thinking of The Wolf Wants In.  Same author.  Involves small town and the opioid crisis.  McHugh lives in my area.  I follow her in twitter.  Definitely going to add this one to my to be read list.

• Upvote 1