IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 7: Recollections May Vary

Coconut Flan

25 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I hadn’t realized that that part of the interview was supposed to be addressing Phillip going into the hospital.  I confess I let most of the interview run without really paying attention (boring) … the chickens really encouraged me to disengage. ? 

As for the idea that Harry probably knew better because he was raised CoE, this is the guy who apparently didn’t know that his kids would not be “princes” until Charles was king.   He seemingly didn’t know about the different Letters Patent involved. ??‍♀️  

It would not surprise me if he had no idea that a “private wedding” claim would go against CoE practices.  He may have been CoE all his life, but he doesn’t seem to think very clearly, so he may have missed that detail.  As for his realizing that the “private wedding” claim would make the Archbishop look bad, or create problems for the CoE?  That may be more thinking than Harry could manage.

What I suspect is that he was not aware that Meghan was going to come up with the “private wedding” claim.  He may have been singing to avoid speaking until he had processed the information and persuaded himself that it was not really a lie. 

The “private vows” may just have consisted of Meghan reciting a poem she wrote (to be published in her next picture book) or having an Agape moment (or both) while Harry looked at her besottedly and the Archbishop tried to keep a straight face. ?

(Just a thought.)

Will it be “The Bed” or “The Sofa”? 

• Haha 1

The whole marriage debacle could be easily cleared up by them saying it was a special moment to share their private vows but wasn’t legally binding. They enjoy headlines though so that’s entirely too easy. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

The “private vows” may just have consisted of Meghan reciting a poem she wrote (to be published in her next picture book) or having an Agape moment (or both) while Harry looked at her besottedly and the Archbishop tried to keep a straight face. ?

(Just a thought.)

??

• Upvote 2

The statue unveiling went smoothly, the brothers released a lovely joint statement and Harry completely ignored social distancing rules to air kiss his aunt. There’s not much for us to snark on. Hmph. 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/sources-say-harry-and-william-have-been-texting-about-the-footy-ahead-of-dianas-memorial/news-story/69a1eb33966b5c229d5e9c2a49be9516

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

18 minutes ago, adidas said:

The statue unveiling went smoothly, the brothers released a lovely joint statement and Harry completely ignored social distancing rules to air kiss his aunt. There’s not much for us to snark on. Hmph. 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/sources-say-harry-and-william-have-been-texting-about-the-footy-ahead-of-dianas-memorial/news-story/69a1eb33966b5c229d5e9c2a49be9516

Turns out there were no speeches and no read for rehearsal so the Radar report that various media quoted was clearly inaccurate. (Not a big surprise.)

• Upvote 4

We legally got married on a different day than our wedding day. I obviously understand that legally we had certain rights earlier than any of our family and friends know about (tee hee). However, we only celebrate our wedding anniversary because that's when we made our vows to each other and where we feel we entered our marriage.

• Upvote 1

When Charles and Camilla got married there was talk about them having the ceremony in Windsor Castle. That would have involved the Castle being licensed for weddings and other people would have been able to have weddings there too. So they married in a registry office. That was a civil wedding but Harry must have been aware of the fact that you can’t just get married anywhere, even if he missed the bits about needing certain vows and at least 2 witnesses.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Topaz said:

When Charles and Camilla got married there was talk about them having the ceremony in Windsor Castle. That would have involved the Castle being licensed for weddings and other people would have been able to have weddings there too. So they married in a registry office. That was a civil wedding but Harry must have been aware of the fact that you can’t just get married anywhere, even if he missed the bits about needing certain vows and at least 2 witnesses.

I thought the issue with Charles and Camilla was that could not be married in church because their adultery had lead to the break down of their previous marriage.   Do you mean that they looked into having a civil ceremony at Windsor castle?  

You are right, of course, that Harry must have known whatever they did with the Archbishop in the garden didn’t count as a wedding, but it’s entirely possible that he had no idea Meghan would claim that it was a wedding.

Plus, I maintain that Harry probably didn’t think it through after she made the claim.  If Meghan wants it to be their “real” wedding, why not?

(I mean in Harry’s mind, whatever Meghan wants, Meghan gets, right?) ?

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

If Meghan wants it to be their “real” wedding, why not?

What Meghan wants, Meghan gets … according to Harry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

It's past time for him to grow up and face reality.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Meghan’s comment about “the big spectacle was for the world, we wanted something for us” definitely plays well with the American crowd because we love our splashy celebrity weddings, but we also love the celebrities who say, “surprise! We got married! Here are the intimate pics of our special day with just family and friends.”

I can’t help but think that another couple who would have very much liked for their wedding to be a private affair and not a “spectacle” was William and Kate. But maybe they did say vows privately at some point and have just been smart enough never to mention it. I can’t imagine all the eye rolling they probably do at some of the comments that come from H&M.

• Upvote 9

16 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Turns out there were no speeches and no read for rehearsal so the Radar report that various media quoted was clearly inaccurate. (Not a big surprise.)

Whats the protocol on media saying something inaccurate? Is there any reprecussion? They aren't obligated to post a retraction are they?

It's sad that the negative story either was of no surprise because people already had a negative opinion that was reinforced or that they aren't required to post a retraction for being clearly wrong. 

This is my issue with media entirely. I know people have the right to say whatever they like, but if you are broadcasting news, you just be held to a higher standard. And our media has simply fallen to the crevices of popularity and not facts.

Does anyone watch John Oliver? He did a story not too long ago about how not hard it was to get a local news station to boast about a total fake product. It was really interesting to see how cheap it was, how eager they were to believe it & how much it was re-posted or picked up by other stations.

• Upvote 2

@EmCatlyn yes it was two separate things. The adultery ruled out a church wedding then there was talk about it Brita civil ceremony in the castle. But then it would have to be available for other marriages for the duration of the licence, and I’m pretty sure there’s something in there to avoid people having one wedding and then saying “sorry fully booked” for the next 3 years. 

• Thank You 1

16 hours ago, adidas said:

Just to clarify- both kissed their aunts. But I think as all of them are probably completely vaccinated for some time it’s actually allowed and all is well. 

• Upvote 9

The Daily Mail is reporting that Harry is on his way back to the States.  He was gone for 7 days but 5 of those day he was in quarantine. 

17 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

The Daily Fail is reporting that Harry is on his way back to the States.  He was gone for 7 days but 5 of those day he was in quarantine. 

FTFY

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

The Daily Mail is reporting that Harry is on his way back to the States.  He was gone for 7 days but 5 of those day he was in quarantine. 

I saw a headline saying that Harry was returning home to comfort Meghan in her bereavement.  One of her uncles died.  

I have to be snarky and point out that the uncle has never been mentioned before, and he certainly wasn’t at the wedding, so I wonder how bereaved she really is. ??‍♀️  (To be fair she has not claimed any great sorrow. It’s the media.)

My understanding was that Harry was going to leave right after the event because Meghan is home with a newborn and a toddler and even if she has her mother with her, she might need him and he wants to be with them.

• Upvote 9

20 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I saw a headline saying that Harry was returning home to comfort Meghan in her bereavement.  One of her uncles died.  

I have to be snarky and point out that the uncle has never been mentioned before, and he certainly wasn’t at the wedding, so I wonder how bereaved she really is. ??‍♀️  (To be fair she has not claimed any great sorrow. It’s the media.)

My understanding was that Harry was going to leave right after the event because Meghan is home with a newborn and a toddler and even if she has her mother with her, she might need him and he wants to be with them.

Her mother and a staff. Let’s not pretend Meghan is juggling two small children and trying to make dinner and get to the store to pick up diapers all alone. ?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Her mother and a staff. Let’s not pretend Meghan is juggling two small children and trying to make dinner and get to the store to pick up diapers all alone. ?

I assume she has cleaning staff and so forth, but that’s not the same as someone to play with Archie while she nurses the baby  We don’t know if she has help with the kids.  

Apparently Meghan didn’t like any of the helpers (she didn’t want a professional nanny) she had in the UK, and she may not find one she likes in the US.  From what we have heard she can be picky.

(If her staff is legal and English speaking we may look forward to a tell-all book someday. ?)

• Upvote 1

I have no problem with Harry leaving immediately - even if he hadn’t burnt his ships regarding family relationships, he has a newborn and toddler and will be in quarantine for a while after he gets back. Even with people helping Meghan, it’s hard work and it’s nice to have your husband there. Don’t use the excuse of the uncle though. Newborn plus toddler is enough of a reason. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think it matters if they have two nannies per child, and a cock and a cleaner. A goes to nursery if I remember correctly from the allegedly accidental pap walk. But I do think both try to spend time with their children and try to be hands on (even though that means something slightly different for normal people). And let’s not forget how hormonal you can be postpartum. I definitely would expect my husband and father of said children to be there. For me and his children. Pulling his weight. In all honesty, I would have questioned if that was even worth the trip. The brothers haven’t spend much time together. So it wasn’t a family reunion, celebrating, remembering and honouring her together. The whole occasion was scaled down to rip off a piece of fabric. You could tell he was extremely nervous and overcompensating. It was more tragic than anything else. They should have postponed it till they could have gone with the original plan, and with both of their wives and children in attendance. It was never planned as an open engagement so quite the controllable environment.

Regarding her late uncle: it definitely doesn’t work as an excuse for leaving quickly and it didn’t need it. I mean it would only look very hypocritical. But she hasn’t published anything about it, has she? Maybe they have learned that waiting things our can work in your favour. That said, I think she might very well be affected by his death. Just because they weren’t close at all anymore doesn’t mean she cannot be very sad about it. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 3

So what do y’all think of the Diana statue? I wasn’t impressed. Doesn’t really look like her, and who are those random kids? Also, kind of a shame that the ceremony wasn’t more than pulling off a tarp.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

As far as I know, neither Meghan nor Harry has claimed that he had to rush home to comfort her. The press seems to have made that up.  

Harry had always planned to stay only for the ceremony. Regardless of whether or not Meghan needs help with the kids, I’m sure she didn’t want Harry away for more than a week, and he would have been equally eager to get back. 

As for her uncle, I don’t mean to suggest that she doesn’t care about his death.  I just think that it’s unlikely that she would be so sad that Harry had to rush home to comfort her.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

So what do y’all think of the Diana statue? I wasn’t impressed. Doesn’t really look like her, and who are those random kids? Also, kind of a shame that the ceremony wasn’t more than pulling off a tarp.

Jonathan Jones in the Guardian summed up my feelings perfectly.

https://amp.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/jul/01/the-diana-statue-ian-rank-broadley-sculpture

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic