IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 7: Recollections May Vary

Coconut Flan

Thomas Markle won $750,000 in the lottery in 1990, and he used some of it to pay for Meghan’s private school. I had thought he used it to pay for her college, but he had blown through it well before she went to college. (He’s declared bankruptcy three times.) Her denial of her father’s significant financial support seems to have been an early issue in her estrangement from him. (Not to mention the resentment of her older half-siblings, who thought she was a spoiled brat.)

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Looked up the facts
  • Upvote 7

She is Absolute Queen of Double speak, weasel words, saying just enough but never to much and knowing when to be lay low while those around her start hanging themselves . It’s  actually impressive 

• Upvote 3

I think in all fairness that the Markle family dynamics are pretty twisted for a lot of reasons. 

I think that Thomas did seem to ignore his older kids in favour of his new much-younger wife and baby Meghan and helped the latter out a lot more financially as a teen and adult. So there's some justified resentment there, though Samantha in particular seems to direct it at Meghan rather than Thomas, the one responsible. 

But given that she was apparently racist towards Doria as a teenager - including telling her friends Doria was a maid rather than her stepmother - and was blasting bile on Twitter at Meghan only to be nice for a brief window when she wanted to be invited to the wedding, I don't think Meghan was ever going to really want her in her life. 

I am a little curious about her relationship with Dora's family, because none of them were invited to the wedding although her half-uncle spoke fondly of her. But as Doria was the child of her mother's second husband and her father remarried a much younger woman, it's possible there was an age gap between Doria and her half-siblings and they didn't grow up together. In which case, it's plausible she and Meghan had grown distant by the time of the wedding, as I think Doria's parents passed away a few years before that. 

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Let’s call a spade a spade here.Factually speaking inherited mental and/or emotional problems run way way back on both sides of his family.

This is true.

It is also true that her family (father and sister, not Mum) seems to have an inability to resist the urge to speak to the media at any given opportunity so it seems like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree for either of them. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Xanariel said:

I think in all fairness that the Markle family dynamics are pretty twisted for a lot of reasons. 

I think that Thomas did seem to ignore his older kids in favour of his new much-younger wife and baby Meghan and helped the latter out a lot more financially as a teen and adult. So there's some justified resentment there, though Samantha in particular seems to direct it at Meghan rather than Thomas, the one responsible. 

But given that she was apparently racist towards Doria as a teenager - including telling her friends Doria was a maid rather than her stepmother - and was blasting bile on Twitter at Meghan only to be nice for a brief window when she wanted to be invited to the wedding, I don't think Meghan was ever going to really want her in her life. 

I am a little curious about her relationship with Dora's family, because none of them were invited to the wedding although her half-uncle spoke fondly of her. But as Doria was the child of her mother's second husband and her father remarried a much younger woman, it's possible there was an age gap between Doria and her half-siblings and they didn't grow up together. In which case, it's plausible she and Meghan had grown distant by the time of the wedding, as I think Doria's parents passed away a few years before that. 

All I know about Doria’s side of the family is Doria herself.  From what I can tell, she has a gift for silence which is especially noteworthy given the way the Markles (and that includes Meghan) are always talking.  It is possible that any aunts and uncles from that side are equally quiet.

That being said, I have to wonder if Doria’s silence and general unobtrusiveness is how she conforms to Meghan’s need to control every aspect of her narrative.  

• Upvote 6

I did think it was odd she had no other family member at her wedding besides her mom. There could be a perfectly good reason for it, but it does seem odd, especially in light of the claims that she uses and drops people. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

Maybe the rest of them refused to be used, controlled and manipulated  into allowing her to roll over them so she has no use for them. It’s easy to Make the the rest of her family the bad guys because they do act salty and bitter but based on the a picture of Meghan that has developed since the came into the world spotlight I wonder. 

15 hours ago, viii said:

I did think it was odd she had no other family member at her wedding besides her mom. There could be a perfectly good reason for it, but it does seem odd, especially in light of the claims that she uses and drops people. 

Wow, really? I did not catch that. It is especially odd because I would assume Doria has aunts, uncles, cousins etc.  And the fact that people like Reese Witherspoon and Oprah, who she actually did not know well at all, got invitations but not her own uncle?? Yikes. I read the same thing about her fancy ridiculous shower- people she did not really know got invitations. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

At the wedding his cousins once removed whom he grew up with and are regulars at Royal family events did not get invitations but celebrities did. I thought it was odd then but now it seems just like them. 

• Upvote 7

Just about all I know about Harry and Meghan I learned from these threads... but the more I read the more convinced I am that this is a rare case of "everyone's an asshole" and there are no good guys involved in this mess whatsoever. The Markle family appears rather dysfunctional and I wouldn't want them in my parties either.  The royal family is  rather full of prigs, more concerned about image than anything else.  Andrew is a certified four star asshole who's been coddled and enabled by the royals,  Charles has had his jerkface moments in his long and varied career, and all that pomp and privilege and undeserved adulation would have influenced the rest of them as well. What did any of them do to deserve their status beyond being related to Elizabeth or married to a royal git?  It seems quite likely that Meghan faced some racism and prejudices, both from the general public and the family. Even if race wasn't an issue it's probably a reflex for the royal family to be somewhat suspicious of all outsiders initially because they've lived in the spotlight for so long, and they don't exactly come across as fuzzy and warm and nurturing and welcoming people.

Given time, patience, goodwill,  privacy, and reluctant playing by the rules some other couple might have overcome that hurdle, but Harry comes across as a huge bag of grievances who is offloading decades worth of repressed resentment in the press at once, convinced that he's the victim and always has been the victim in everything, not caring whom he hurts in the process.  I don't know if he ever got any therapy after all the Diana trauma but if he did it wasn't enough. He might have been resentful for being the younger son as well, as it seems some of his rancour is particularly directed at William and Kate who will get the throne one day.  Just IMO but I have wondered if sour grapes play a part in the renunciation of the royal titles thingy. Not that Harry wants the responsibility of being king necessarily but some bitterness that it's a burden that's being offered to his brother and not him. So, f*** your titles, nobody wants them, that sort of thing.

And if even a fraction of the Meghan as a bully and an attention hawk stories are true then she's probably not the kind of person who easily wins people's hearts and convinces them to take her side. There is probably more that the royal family and staff could have done to help her adjust but it's not clear to me that she was in the mood to accept advice from people she resented. And Harry and Meghan's public appearances have made them no favors in my eyes as they seem to like twisting the truth to their advantage. Maybe they don't, and they're convinced everyone else is a bully while they have no faults. But I feel like it's probably beyond repair at this point, as the rest of the royals will never again be able to trust that Harry won't report (or misrepresent) private conversations in the press. There's nothing any of them can say or do to defend themselves particularly if Harry makes anonymous accusations that don't name names. The  money issue has no win-win solution as long as H & M want to be subsidized by the tax payers with no responsibilities and earn all the private dollars as well.

TL; DR: I don't like any of these people.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Just about all I know about Harry and Meghan I learned from these threads... but the more I read the more convinced I am that this is a rare case of "everyone's an asshole" and there are no good guys involved in this mess whatsoever. The Markle family appears rather dysfunctional and I wouldn't want them in my parties either.  The royal family is  rather full of prigs, more concerned about image than anything else.  Andrew is a certified four star asshole who's been coddled and enabled by the royals,  Charles has had his jerkface moments in his long and varied career, and all that pomp and privilege and undeserved adulation would have influenced the rest of them as well. What did any of them do to deserve their status beyond being related to Elizabeth or married to a royal git?  It seems quite likely that Meghan faced some racism and prejudices, both from the general public and the family. Even if race wasn't an issue it's probably a reflex for the royal family to be somewhat suspicious of all outsiders initially because they've lived in the spotlight for so long, and they don't exactly come across as fuzzy and warm and nurturing and welcoming people.

Given time, patience, goodwill,  privacy, and reluctant playing by the rules some other couple might have overcome that hurdle, but Harry comes across as a huge bag of grievances who is offloading decades worth of repressed resentment in the press at once, convinced that he's the victim and always has been the victim in everything, not caring whom he hurts in the process.  I don't know if he ever got any therapy after all the Diana trauma but if he did it wasn't enough. He might have been resentful for being the younger son as well, as it seems some of his rancour is particularly directed at William and Kate who will get the throne one day.  Just IMO but I have wondered if sour grapes play a part in the renunciation of the royal titles thingy. Not that Harry wants the responsibility of being king necessarily but some bitterness that it's a burden that's being offered to his brother and not him. So, f*** your titles, nobody wants them, that sort of thing.

And if even a fraction of the Meghan as a bully and an attention hawk stories are true then she's probably not the kind of person who easily wins people's hearts and convinces them to take her side. There is probably more that the royal family and staff could have done to help her adjust but it's not clear to me that she was in the mood to accept advice from people she resented. And Harry and Meghan's public appearances have made them no favors in my eyes as they seem to like twisting the truth to their advantage. Maybe they don't, and they're convinced everyone else is a bully while they have no faults. But I feel like it's probably beyond repair at this point, as the rest of the royals will never again be able to trust that Harry won't report (or misrepresent) private conversations in the press. There's nothing any of them can say or do to defend themselves particularly if Harry makes anonymous accusations that don't name names. The  money issue has no win-win solution as long as H & M want to be subsidized by the tax payers with no responsibilities and earn all the private dollars as well.

TL; DR: I don't like any of these people.

Most human beings (myself included) are assholes at times.  Fortunately, most ordinary assholery doesn’t get published in the news. ?

In some ways the royals are interesting for the same reason fundie families are interesting: they are real people leading unusual lives.  Most of us don’t like the fundies we follow and discuss. I doubt most of us talking about Harry and Meghan or their families really “like” any of them.  

I do want to say that over the years I have developed a qualified liking for Charles who, with all his faults, seems to have always been trying to do his best.  Insofar as I get “angry” at these people (who are far away and none of my concern), I have been “angry” at Harry for his disloyalty and careless cruelty in making Charles a public target for his resentment.  

As far as Harry getting therapy, it appears (someone correct me if I am wrong) that he and William did not get help after Diana’s death, but that in his twenties he did get some counseling/therapy. According to Harry’s own account (pre-Oprah) William was instrumental in helping him see that he needed help.  His account to Oprah was that he didn’t get real help until Meghan urged him to.  ??‍♀️

Regardless of when he did or did not get help, my take on it is that he hasn’t yet worked through his problems.  His current therapy may have given him some tools to address symptoms of anxiety (as he boasts in the “Me You Can’t See” discussion) but from the way he is still acting, I think he still has a lot of unresolved issues, particularly with Charles and William. 

Family quarrels tend to bring out the asshole in everyone.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 6/25/2021 at 2:51 AM, Xanariel said:

But what Lacey is claiming that Meghan flat-out made up the claim about someone directly asking how dark Archie's skin would be in a way that suggested it would affect their opinion of him. I think he's suggesting that racism could still have been a factor in other aspects - "...though that was not to say it did not matter" - but as she was literally saying "the BRF worried about how dark my child would be, which made them deny him the title of Prince, which meant he didn't get security and his life was at risk", that's a pretty worrying discussion. 

Considering Harry and Meghan tried to turn it into a guessing game - "it's a senior royal - no, not those two, I'll narrow it down for you" - the whole thing comes across as pretty gross. 

Okay so let me see if I have this straight. This is the quote from the Oprah interview:

"In those months, when I was pregnant, all around this same time, we had in tandem the conversation of he won't be given security, he won't be given a title ... and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin will be when he's born," said Meghan. "That was relayed to me from Harry, that was from conversations that family had with him. It was really hard to see those as compartmentalized conversations."

And Robert Lacey is saying that the conversations may have happened, but that there was no correlation between the discussions about the skin tone and the choice to deny Archie the title of Prince. So to me, this suggests that Meghan was being somewhat paranoid in seeing a connection between the skin tone conversations and the lack of a title for Archie (which, if she had properly understood the BRF's modus operandi, she would have realized that Archie was likely not going to be officially styled as a Prince until Charles's reign but that he would not be titleless because he would have the right to use his father's secondary titles). Though I would say it wasn't paranoia to assume that discussions about Archie's skin tone would have some bearing on how members of the family would treat him--that makes sense to me. I can only imagine what would've happened if Archie had been born dark enough not to easily "pass" for white.

I agree with what a lot of other posters have said about how no one comes out looking good in this situation. Communication all around seems to be a complete mess, and everyone seems desperate to come off as the victim in every situation.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Most human beings (myself included) are assholes at times.  Fortunately, most ordinary assholery doesn’t get published in the news. ?

In some ways the royals are interesting for the same reason fundie families are interesting: they are real people leading unusual lives.  Most of us don’t like the fundies we follow and discuss. I doubt most of us talking about Harry and Meghan or their families really “like” any of them.  

I do want to say that over the years I have developed a qualified liking for Charles who, with all his faults, seems to have always been trying to do his best.  Insofar as I get “angry” at these people (who are far away and none of my concern), I have been “angry” at Harry for his disloyalty and careless cruelty in making Charles a public target for his resentment.  

As far as Harry getting therapy, it appears (someone correct me if I am wrong) that he and William did not get help after Diana’s death, but that in his twenties he did get some counseling/therapy. According to Harry’s own account (pre-Oprah) William was instrumental in helping him see that he needed help.  His account to Oprah was that he didn’t get real help until Meghan urged him to.  ??‍♀️

Regardless of when he did or did not get help, my take on it is that he hasn’t yet worked through his problems.  His current therapy may have given him some tools to address symptoms of anxiety (as he boasts in the “Me You Can’t See” discussion) but from the way he is still acting, I think he still has a lot of unresolved issues, particularly with Charles and William. 

Family quarrels tend to bring out the asshole in everyone.  

I agree. Both parties could have done things to prevent this situation. I think throwing her out in the limelight so quickly after the engagement was a massive mistake. I have no idea who came up with the stupid “accomplished, mature women/ perfectly trained with the press/ hitting the ground running (aka not like your most disliked duchess of Doolittle (till that point, wow did that change))” narrative. I mean, new relationship/marriage, family trouble on your side, a rather dysfunctional family on his side, settling into a new country and straight away representing it, media pressure - who the hell thought that was a good idea?????? She was loosing before she even had her first official engagement. No one could have delivered with stakes that high. Finding you way in another country isn’t easy. And I don’t mean that negatively. All those little quirks and stuff everyone around you has ingrained (often completely unconsciously). There is a reason why there a millions of yt channels bringing content like that. No f*****g socket in the bathroom? A string to turn on the light? The thing that is called the power shower? A completely different way to flush the toilet (brought me some extremely embarrassing minutes). Windows that open differently. The right way to queue. Different comfort food. Different food in itself (and I have come to love the British food and how the traditional meals have survived- and the deserts. All the deserts) Different tv shows that everyone knows and references……….

And that’s just really superficial, easy to get used to stuff for us plebs. There are so many tiny things that are new and to discover and learn. Finding a way to adapt, assimilate to some extent (espresso if you want to represent) and to stay true to yourself with celebrating where you come from. It’s just no walk in the park.
The world has become smaller but sometimes we are still several worlds apart. Even my in laws struggled initially after moving BACK to the UK after some time abroad. It’s a big step to leave your old life and build a new one someplace else.

On her scale, I would have laid low for 2-3 years. Enough time for just a handful engagements and having children. Ignoring the inevitable lazy American wanna be royal headlines. Just as Kate did and does (because let’s face it, she is not bringing in high numbers. Never did, never will).

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 13

15 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Both parties could have done things to prevent this situation. I think throwing her out in the limelight so quickly after the engagement was a massive mistake. I have no idea who came up with the stupid “accomplished, mature women/ perfectly trained with the press/ hitting the ground running (aka not like your most disliked duchess of Doolittle (till that point, wow did that change))” narrative. I mean, new relationship/marriage, family trouble on your side, a rather dysfunctional family on his side, settling into a new country and straight away representing it, media pressure - who the hell thought that was a good idea??????

From what I've read that was Meghan's choice and her plan.  Supposedly Michelle Obama advised her to go slow and to find her footing before taking on too much.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

It appears by all accounts that it was Meghan’s idea to jump in head first.  

It may be useful to consider that at the time William and Kate got married, he was not a full time working royal.  That is very much the reason that she was not right away. It also may be useful to know that the Queen—in Charles’s current role, no less, not Kate’s—-spent a sizable portion of her first two years of marriage relaxing as a naval officer’s wife in Malta. I also suspect that W&K are being given space and time to establish a strong foundation with their children as the demands on their time will increase substantially when his father becomes king. But god forbid anyone spend time raising children. Clearly those that do should be seen as lazy and useless. Especially if they are women. 

• Upvote 18

I don’t blame Meghan for jumping in head first, despite the caution. She was probably eager to prove herself and reassure the family she was a good choice. 

I’m watching The Crown and it seems majority of the events shown are accurate but heightened in dramatics to sensationalize them. I think that’s a lot what’s happening with Harry and Meghan. I think a lot of their accounts probably have a kernel of truth in them, but they exaggerate them to paint a better picture. They’ve gotten away with it for a while because the firm doesn’t explain, they remain silent. However, that’s no longer the case and now they’re starting to swing back, pointing out the holes in H&M’s stories. 

I’m settling my chair firmly in the “everyone’s an asshole” camp with my popcorn. ?

• Upvote 3

The difference is as they say... better to remain silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Replace fool for asshole in this case but either works. Royals are going about their business and letting the Sussex’s look bad all by themselves. 

• Upvote 1

@louisa05 oh, I don‘t have any problem with choosing to put your effort into raising children or being a housewife. That’s all fair and well. But it’s not as if full time working parents don’t raise their children? If Kate and Wiliam chose to work less and be more present at home that’s nice. Kate is a working royal though. Still means they are not pulling high numbers. She has never done more than 140 engagements a year in ten years and I think she only got a three digit number three times. Don’t forget getting greeted when you step out of the plane is counted as a separate engagement. Means there are some days with several engagements. That’s a fact. And while I don’t expect the younger generation to complete a workload like for example Anne or Charles, I think as long as they get the massive financial compensation and privilege they need to proof their worth with more than raising a happy family. Sorry, but as long as they have others pay for it they need to step up. No one expects them to work 24/7 but what we see right now is not worth those amount of Money. My POV obviously. And I highly doubt they are better or more hands on parents than all the other normal people raising their children, sharing the housework and go to work.

I do think we will see a shift from the high numbers. I do believe the BRF will be cut down drastically. Which will allow them more of a private life. But I strongly believe this should mean they should receive less money. The money is partly to compensate them for their work and the lesser to no privacy they endure. If they have more personal time they are rich enough to pay for it. As they do, but with W&K the bill is just not as balanced as it was (if it ever was). I don’t say, they are only working when we see them in public, but that’s what most people notice.

Re it being M’s choice to jump in head first- I wonder if their advisors raised the issue and warned her about it. Because that was so foreseeable someone must have mentioned it. If Harry, who allegedly reads lots of stuff about him online, paid attention he would have seen similar concerns in pro comment sections around that time.

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The difference is as they say... better to remain silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Replace fool for asshole in this case but either works. Royals are going about their business and letting the Sussex’s look bad all by themselves. 

The royal family doesn’t come across looking well in this, either. No one does. It’s very clear that this is a dysfunctional family and has been for years. The cracks are simply widening into chasms. 

15 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Re it being M’s choice to jump in head first- I wonder if their advisors raised the issue and warned her about it. Because that was so foreseeable someone must have mentioned it. If Harry, who allegedly reads lots of stuff about him online, paid attention he would have seen similar concerns in pro comment sections around that time.

I don’t think Harry could ever be relied on. It’s drastically clear now that he glossed over a lot of information while dating Meghan. She was vastly unprepared for the reality of marrying into the BRF. 

• Upvote 5

From what I understand The British people who actually care at all about this rigamarole  are not looking very kindly on the Sussex’s right now and are certainly not going to overthrow the Monarchy because of them. The Sussex’s can bloviate all they want but in the end they cant do Shit 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

From what I've read that was Meghan's choice and her plan.  Supposedly Michelle Obama advised her to go slow and to find her footing before taking on too much.  

What is she doing talking to Michelle Obama anyway? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

What is she doing talking to Michelle Obama anyway? 

Well, since Michelle and Oprah are the most famous African-American women in the world, and Meghan suddenly found herself a very famous African-American woman, she probably thought it would be a good idea to get to know them. Also, being First Lady is a lot like being a princess - basically a consort, always on show, no privacy, but if you’re into philanthropy, the position gives you a lot of opportunities.

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Well, since Michelle and Oprah are the most famous African-American women in the world, and Meghan suddenly found herself a very famous African-American woman, she probably thought it would be a good idea to get to know them. Also, being First Lady is a lot like being a princess - basically a consort, always on show, no privacy, but if you’re into philanthropy, the position gives you a lot of opportunities.

Yeah, in all fairness it seems to me that seeking out someone who's in a similar position to what you're about to attempt would be a very wise move. If Meghan had spoken to the spouses of the last few British PMs or even had a long sit-down with Sophie and Fergie about being the wife of a younger son, I feel like she'd have had a much better idea of what she was getting into regarding the press and expectations. 

I mean, I understand that she and Harry were head-over-heels and Harry seemed pretty broody for a long time, so I imagine he wanted to start a family sharpish. But I really think Meghan could have done with living in the UK for a bit longer as a royal gf before she committed herself. 

I don't think she liked living in the UK (understandable - she's a beachy California-type, we're a gloomy island with a ton of rain) or its cultures. I don't think she liked the less glamorous parts of the job like visiting nursing homes. And I don't think she registered that being a representative of the monarchy means that suddenly you can't even do something like skip a banquet for Trump without getting backlash (as Charles found when he boycotted a banquet with China due to their publicised human rights abuses). 

None of those are wrong to feel, but I think she'd have found these things out a lot sooner on the journey if they'd slowed down (and Harry actually thought to make sure she knew what she was getting into). 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

On 6/27/2021 at 1:12 PM, Anna Bolinas said:

….

And Robert Lacey is saying that the conversations may have happened, but that there was no correlation between the discussions about the skin tone and the choice to deny Archie the title of Prince. So to me, this suggests that Meghan was being somewhat paranoid in seeing a connection between the skin tone conversations and the lack of a title for Archie (which, if she had properly understood the BRF's modus operandi, she would have realized that Archie was likely not going to be officially styled as a Prince until Charles's reign but that he would not be titleless because he would have the right to use his father's secondary titles). Though I would say it wasn't paranoia to assume that discussions about Archie's skin tone would have some bearing on how members of the family would treat him--that makes sense to me. I can only imagine what would've happened if Archie had been born dark enough not to easily "pass" for white.   ….

I have run into a couple of articles that say that the Sussexes chose not to give Archie his father’s secondary title because it begins with “dumb.” (Harry is Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton, etc.)  They worried that kids might make fun of Archie. I can see that, but even if Harry didn’t assign the title of Dumbarton to Archie, he could be styled Lord Archie as a Duke’s son. (And Lilibet would be Lady Lilibet — just as the daughter of Earl Spencer was Lady Diana, once upon a time.)  So the kids both had courtesy titles available to them, even if they weren’t prince/princess.

As for the race thing, the alleged discussion of the skin color with Harry seems to have happened before they were married. (I say alleged because it is possible that skin color was never mentioned and questions about her being from another “world” were interpreted as questions about race.)  It is possible that Meghan didn’t hear about the alleged discussion about race until she was pregnant or it is possible that she deliberately connected the “race” and “prince/princess” discussions for effect. ??‍♀️

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

As for the race thing, the alleged discussion of the skin color with Harry seems to have happened before they were married. (I say alleged because it is possible that skin color was never mentioned and questions about her being from another “world” were interpreted as questions about race.)  It is possible that Meghan didn’t hear about the alleged discussion about race until she was pregnant or it is possible that she deliberately connected the “race” and “prince/princess” discussions for effect. ??‍♀️

Harry said he didn’t shut down the conversation with the family member when it happened because it surprised him so much. My friends with biracial children have heard the whole gamut of comments and questions and they have quick responses and reactions, so it makes me wonder if Harry and Meghan had never discussed the fact that their children would be biracial? How they would approach it? How they would deal with his family? His British culture? Her American culture? Listening to Harry talk, he made it seem like that conversation was the first time it occurred to him that his children would be biracial. Maybe his past racist comments and actions were flashing before his eyes. I don’t know. I do think Harry and Meghan have every right to be protective, defensive, and indignant if everything they said was true, but there’s something just slightly odd and a little off about everything they relay. We’ll probably never know the truth, but I do hope Archie and Lili can grow up happily and in privacy with mentally well parents and (hopefully one day) be allowed to have a healthy relationship/friendship with their cousins in England (and have them come visit them! How much fun would George, Charlotte, and Louis have on the sunny beaches of California and at Disneyland???)

Edited by DalmatianCat
Length
  • Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic