IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 7: Recollections May Vary

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

So much truth here. In less than two years, she gave up a job, moved to a different country, got married, took on a new and very public job, and had a baby. Anyone would end up overwhelmed. Blaming her stress completely on Harry's family was a bit ridiculous considering all of that. I don't doubt that the stress of so much change so quickly made it difficult to establish good dynamics with his family. And I don't doubt that some of them may be difficult. But that's how families are. FFS, my sister-in-law tried to get the priest to cancel my wedding. Difficult in-laws aren't unique to the BRF. Handling that in combination with the massive changes in her life in a short time was probably very stressful. But blaming the family for everything isn't productive and I don't think it has allowed either one of them to deal with their real issues. 

Okay, hold the phone, your SIL did what??

• Upvote 7

One thing that I do find a little weird is how very similar the Sussexes' approach to the BRF is to the way Meghan's father behaved. 

I wouldn't put the Sussexes' interviews and leaks on the same level as Thomas' undeniable emotional abuse. But he had this whole thing of "you won't talk to me, so I'm going to give a big public interview which I know you'll hate - oh, you still won't talk to me? Well, I'm just going to keep on letting everyone know how horribly you're treating me until you let me back in."

The new epilogue to Finding Freedom talked about how Meghan found the interview really carthatic and that they both thought that it could "force people to talk in order for the healing to begin". 

If they both genuinely believe that the BRF racially discriminated against Meghan and her children and didn't care that she was suicidal, I think they're fully justified in cutting Harry's family out. But to keep releasing passive-aggressive updates about how they don't feel the interview was taken seriously and they haven't had productive conversations... 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

I am so over Harry and Meghan by now... seems like every other day I see them in the news they're asking for privacy and the rest of the time they've given a tell-all interview or published a tell-all book. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 8/24/2021 at 10:08 PM, SweetJuly said:

I actually believe Chelsy and Cressida both bailed because they realised what a dumb, spoilt, entitled, delusional man-child with anger management issues Harry is.

Could be both!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Xanariel said:

One thing that I do find a little weird is how very similar the Sussexes' approach to the BRF is to the way Meghan's father behaved. 

I wouldn't put the Sussexes' interviews and leaks on the same level as Thomas' undeniable emotional abuse. But he had this whole thing of "you won't talk to me, so I'm going to give a big public interview which I know you'll hate - oh, you still won't talk to me? Well, I'm just going to keep on letting everyone know how horribly you're treating me until you let me back in."

Both Thomas and Harry/Meghan are basically doing the same thing even if each are approaching it a bit differently, Thomas is going in like a bull in a china shop stating outright exactly what he is doing but H&M are more subtle in comparison.  But both are publicly attacking family and are expecting responses to whatever grievances they are airing.   

And Thomas' approach reminds me exactly of what I dealt with from my ex-fiance after I broke off with him and he finally got it through his head that I really meant it.   He stopped playing nice and went very public with all kinds of things that he knew I would hate and when I didn't come running back, he continued with telling everyone what an awful person I was expecting somehow that was going to miraculously fix the relationship.  Ugh.  

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I am so over Harry and Meghan by now... seems like every other day I see them in the news they're asking for privacy and the rest of the time they've given a tell-all interview or published a tell-all book. 

Yep, they have been playing the whole "we want our privacy blah, blah, blah" and then turning around with all sorts of public announcements, interviews, books, etc. for some time now.   It was one thing to see this when they first said they would "step away" but now it's like just stop it already.   Either go private or not.   They can't have it both ways and it's undermining whatever goals / plans they have set for themselves.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Xanariel said:

The new epilogue to Finding Freedom talked about how Meghan found the interview really carthatic and that they both thought that it could "force people to talk in order for the healing to begin". 

If they both genuinely believe that the BRF racially discriminated against Meghan and her children and didn't care that she was suicidal, I think they're fully justified in cutting Harry's family out. But to keep releasing passive-aggressive updates about how they don't feel the interview was taken seriously and they haven't had productive conversations... 

Yeah, I have noticed the parallels between Meghan’s dad’s behavior and Harry and Meghan’s.  I would say that Meghan and Harry are going about it with more subtlety and “class,” but it is the same impulse to shame others publicly for not giving them what they felt owed.

I think it reflects a style of communication that is essentially manipulative as well as narcissistic (“my” pain is the only pain that really counts).  I do think it originates in the Markle family dynamics and communication style.  For Harry, who was taught to repress/conceal everything, it may seem refreshing and “normal” to “open up” publicly, but as we have noted, they are attacking his family.

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It’s like when she was pregnant/delivering Archie. They kept releasing statements saying they wouldn’t release any statements 😂😂😂 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Okay, hold the phone, your SIL did what??

She made an appointment with our priest and asked him to stop our wedding. She was upset that her brother was putting me before her. She felt that was inappropriate and siblings always have to be before spouses. She also didn’t want anyone else in the family. She also felt that since she’s older, he had to wait and get married after her. That was 13 years ago and she’s still not married. 
Priest told her that families expand, that spouses do come before siblings, that it doesn’t matter who gets married first and that she needed help handling her feelings about things—like a therapist. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, viii said:

It’s like when she was pregnant/delivering Archie. They kept releasing statements saying they wouldn’t release any statements 😂😂😂 

That should have been a clue of what was to come… 😂😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

That should have been a clue of what was to come… 😂😂

Little did we know 🤣

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, viii said:

Little did we know 🤣

…. actually…..

there had been one or two good analysis about that around the time. They always had a tendency to make a statement only to do something different, finding a loophole in the phrasing and saying everyone just interpreted them wrong and it was not their fault but everyone elses.
But as over the top tabloids and critics made up comparisons that didn’t hold after a second look most people were still on the „good for them. Maybe less talking next time and just doing as you want“ train. The pattern only showed clearly as a general problem a bit later in the game. 

• Upvote 2

It's been interesting watching their popularity soar and then tumble. I know I personally rooted for them for a long time until eventually I gave up. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Those of us who were distrusting from before the wedding kept getting shouted down and told to be quiet.  The old saying the truth will out comes to mind.  Also the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and some others.  

I wished them the best, but at the same time gave them three years before some kind of blow up.  I was too generous.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Those of us who were distrusting from before the wedding kept getting shouted down and told to be quiet.  The old saying the truth will out comes to mind.  Also the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and some others.  

I wished them the best, but at the same time gave them three years before some kind of blow up.  I was too generous.  

In all fairness, I think there was reason to be defensive of Meghan in the beginning. There definitely was a lot of online abuse, and a large part of it was undeniably racist in origin. Her sister made herself known very quickly, and while the Markles clearly have a very complicated dynamic, Samantha tweeting about what a hateful, horrible person Meghan was and then demanding an invite to the wedding didn't paint Meghan's family life as very pleasant (particularly as Samantha had apparently been racist to Meghan's mother in the past). 

There were some red flags like the 'Wild About Harry' interview, the clothes spending and the tiara bust-up, but Meghan did appear to be struggling and her father was attacking her on the regular. Plus, Kate and Sophie both made missteps in their early royal careers, so it wasn't as if Meghan was uniquely ill-equipped. 

Some of their actions gave me pause (especially Finding Freedom), but it wasn't until the Oprah interview that I think I first really sat up and was like "OK, you're both outright fibbing here". 

Edited by Xanariel
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeaGrannie said:

I’m not terribly familiar with the reputation of this news site but apparently the donation for her voice over has never been received by the charity.  

https://www.geo.tv/latest/367821-meghan-markleprince-harry-asked-to-explain-wheres-the-money-disney-promised-to-donate

Interesting.  So according to this, Disney says they paid Meghan who was supposed to pass the money to the charity.

I am confused because that would be, “Meghan said she would donate…” not “Disney promised to donate.”

ETA — According to Gossip Cop this is not true.  See my post below.

Edited by EmCatlyn
New info

Not be harsh and no idea if that article is not just all tabloid trash but Harry is pretty clueless and naive about plenty of things, Financial matters being a whole new world to him and They are not above lying or at least embellishing the truth if it suits them so if donations  went amiss I would not be totally shocked.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, TeaGrannie said:

I’m not terribly familiar with the reputation of this news site but apparently the donation for her voice over has never been received by the charity.  

https://www.geo.tv/latest/367821-meghan-markleprince-harry-asked-to-explain-wheres-the-money-disney-promised-to-donate

According to Gossip Cop the story is false.

the foundation has been very vocal about the support they received from Disneynature and the Disney Conservation Fund. The charity dedicated a Facebook post to both Disney and the Sussexes, thanking them for the support. The foundation specifically mentioned Markle, writing, “Thank you Meghan, because of you, this film brings knowledge and information to a global audience which in turn brings them closer to elephants. The impact will be global, reaching schools, more homes and more countries.”

According to Elephants Without Borders’ website, the Walt Disney Company is listed as a top 2019 donor and its placement at the top of the list of other donors would indicate that it was a sizable contributor to the charity. It’s odd that the random, anonymous person tweeted out the $3 million claim since it’s unknown exactly how much Disney donated to the charity.

I don’t usually take Gossip Cop seriously since they seem to specialize in disproving things that are blatantly untrue.  In this case, however their report is useful.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Nothing we've ever seen of them indicates that Harry and Meghan would cheat a charity of money. They can be pretentious, but they seem to genuinely care about the causes they talk about (even if it's a tad hypocritical at times). 

Whereas if we were talking about Andrew, I'd tell the charity to hold him up by the ankles and shake him down for the cash. 

• Upvote 5

Harry and Meghan have proven to be a lot of things, such as dedicated to the causes they hold close to their hearts. I would have been surprised if the story had been true. 

• Upvote 3

Oh please. Their Dedication is to whatever is the trending hot topic of the moment so they can sound “deep” and “knowledgeable ” about it.  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh please. Their Dedication is to whatever is the trending hot topic of the moment so they can sound “deep” and “knowledgeable ” about it.  

True, BUT as long as it’s deemed useful/interesting to them they are all over it. Their interest might be short lived but I don’t think they ever really cheated on a charity.

If they would stop jumping on every bandwagon they could have more impact and would finally appear more serious. Not saying all those topics aren’t important but you cannot do it all. Simple as that. Pick one or two main focuses for five years, get educated, built close and lasting relationships to the charities and key figures. Built a reputation there. Do the work, even if the public isn’t into it atm. It will only look even better when the topic gets attention again and you have been there for years (just look at Charles and environmental stuff/agricultural). H should have doubled down on Sentebale and Invictus. M could have picked BLM or feminist issues. This would have created a scope for the content for Spotify and Netflix. And tied it together nicely. Produce/give a stage to female or POC content creators, produce material around that topic…..

I really liked her approach to Hubb. That was good work. A narrow focus is much easier to work with when you start from scratch.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

But that's not their background, or at least not Harry's. The RBF supports a variety of causes, and you can be a patron to a bunch of different groups. Harry has done really well carving out a niche for himself with his Invictus games, but he was still patron to different charities and non-profits that had no correlation to one another. 

• Upvote 2

Yes that’s true but most of the senior Royals have a cause or 2  that’s particularly important or personal to them and are longstanding and well known such as Blindness,The environment, senior health, empowering young people,  Etc.   They can support and patron all sorts of worthy things because it’s their job but certain matters just touch and interest them more than others and are the particular face of. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic