Jump to content
IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 4


Coconut Flan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I decided to do a tier list of the 2nd gen names in my opinion. S is the best, spelled typically and not too trendy or trying too hard IMO. A is for solid names I prefer less which still meet the key criteria. B is for names that are spelled typically and flow well with first and middle but lean heavily on naming trends which may go out of style and/or force a diminutive giving less future choice to child. C is for names that choose tryndy spelling or I just think kind of suck. D is for names that don't sound good together, are spelled unnecessarily differently or just really suck.

For the Bates grandchildren:

S - Willow Kristy, Zoey Joy, 

A - Bradley Gilvin, Charles Steven (Carson), Hazel Sloane, Allie Jane

B - Lexi Mae, Brooklyn Elise, Holland Grace, Finley Marie, Layla Rae 

C - Charlotte Raine, Robert Ellis (Kade), Kaci Lynn, Everly Hope, Maci Jo

D - Kolter Gray, Khloe Eileen, Jadon Carl

For the Duggar grandchildren:

S - Meredith Grace, Samuel Scott, Mason Garrett, Grace Annette, Felicity Nicole

A - Michael James, Garrett David, Ivy Jane, Addison Renee, Evelyn Mae

B - Bella Milagro, Gideon Martyn, Israel David

C - Brooklyn Praise, Marcus Anthony, Henry Wilberforce, Mackynzie Renee

D - Spurgeon Elliot, Fern Elliana, Maryella Hope, Evangeline Jo

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I really think the name Eden will pop up somewhere in these Fundie circles if it hasn't already, I was actually thinking last night it may have been Erin and her place name theme but proven not. 

Eden is a popular name among Mormons. I needed a Mormon character and did way to much research on it. But when I named her Edyn (gotta have that "y") she came to life and I could write her. I'm kind of surprised the other fundies haven't jumped on it yet. Beats the hell our of Nevaeh or Praise.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Sierra Dominguez has daughters Erin and Edyn.

Sierra Dominguez' s girls are Edyn and Ellyn. Eryn for the next girl if they have more kids/daughters. (Sierra isn't pregnant.)

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eden is a family male name on my mother's maternal grandmother's side. It's mostly used as a middle name, though there are a couple first names. My mom discovered the name when doing geneology. She really wanted someone in our immediate family to use it, so when she died I decided to add it as a middle name for my younger son (he has two middle names). 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I decided to do a tier list of the 2nd gen names in my opinion. S is the best, spelled typically and not too trendy or trying too hard IMO. A is for solid names I prefer less which still meet the key criteria. B is for names that are spelled typically and flow well with first and middle but lean heavily on naming trends which may go out of style and/or force a diminutive giving less future choice to child. C is for names that choose tryndy spelling or I just think kind of suck. D is for names that don't sound good together, are spelled unnecessarily differently or just really suck.

For the Bates grandchildren:

S - Willow Kristy, Zoey Joy, 

A - Bradley Gilvin, Charles Steven (Carson), Hazel Sloane, Allie Jane

B - Lexi Mae, Brooklyn Elise, Holland Grace, Finley Marie, Layla Rae 

C - Charlotte Raine, Robert Ellis (Kade), Kaci Lynn, Everly Hope, Maci Jo

D - Kolter Gray, Khloe Eileen, Jadon Carl

For the Duggar grandchildren:

S - Meredith Grace, Samuel Scott, Mason Garrett, Grace Annette, Felicity Nicole

A - Michael James, Garrett David, Ivy Jane, Addison Renee, Evelyn Mae

B - Bella Milagro, Gideon Martyn, Israel David

C - Brooklyn Praise, Marcus Anthony, Henry Wilberforce, Mackynzie Renee

D - Spurgeon Elliot, Fern Elliana, Maryella Hope, Evangeline Jo

 

I generally like your list but I find Zoey Joy really awkward to say. I'd give it a C.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Sierra Dominguez' s girls are Edyn and Ellyn. Eryn for the next girl if they have more kids/daughters. (Sierra isn't pregnant.)

You're right!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've liked the name Eden ever since Eden Riegel took over the role of Bianca Montgomery, Erica Kane's daughter on All My Children. Bianca came out gay and Eden mentioned she prepared for the role by talking to her older sister who was gay. She did a great job as Bianca who was always one of my favorite characters on the soap opera. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Madyson that my phone corrects to Madison? A big fuck you to the haters? See I forgave him I can use this name or just tone deafness? All I hear in my head is Ashley Madison because of Josh’s past (better) duck ups.

I am really shocked she went with this name even with the different spellling. And no virtue. Middle name. I suppose she wanted the y in Lily to match the y in the first name. 

F5A338EB-D37C-49C3-A9CB-5D4AC33B61B5.png

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm torn between "WTAF??" and relief that they didn't go with my daughter's M name (which multiple people guessed they would use 😅 )

Seriously, though. Do they not realize little Madyson is eventually going to grow up and learn about her father's scandals and realize her name is tied to one of them?? What was going through their heads?

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Anna (of Josh) finally shared that her baby girl was born on October 23rd. Beautiful little Madyson Lily. Yes, Anna went there. Surprisingly we do have one guess for that name so @Glasgowghirl congratulations? on guessing Madisyn.  Here's a microscope for Anna to examine this choice 🔬  And 🍺🍺🍺 for all of us to forget why she should have gone with literally any other 'M' name.

 

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

So Anna (of Josh) finally shared that her baby girl was born on October 23rd. Beautiful little Madyson Lily. Yes, Anna went there. Surprisingly we do have one guess for that name so @Glasgowghirl congratulations? on guessing Madisyn.  Here's a microscope for Anna to examine this choice 🔬  And 🍺🍺🍺 for all of us to forget why she should have gone with literally any other 'M' name.

 

I made that suggestion as joke for past three babies and I didn’t think they would actually choose this name. It is my lucky week take my nephew to our first Scotland game and they beat the previously unbeaten Denmark 2-0, off to see if I win the lottery.

  • Haha 12
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

And no virtue. Middle name.

Not a virtue name, but an allusion to Jesus. 
Song of Solomon 2:1 says, “I am…the lily of the valleys.” It is one of the feminine names of Jesus. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m honestly kind of surprised they went with any variation of “Madison”, given He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named’s use of Ashley Madison, but I guess Anna can call her “Maddie” for short.  I remember guessing that name for one of Anna’s past pregnancies without realizing the connection at the time, but I’m surprised Anna actually went with it.  And of course, since it’s Basic White Girl Code to put at least one unnecessary Y in her child’s name, Anna was legally required to spell it “Madyson”. 😆

Then again, I guess it’s not very Christian-like to give the middle finger, so maybe this is Anna’s way of reminding He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named of all the crap he pulled before the arrest.  At least her middle name is actually okay.  There are worse flowers out there to use as a middle name than Lily.  Like Hyacinth or Iris.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Snowless said:

I’m honestly kind of surprised they went with any variation of “Madison”, given He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named’s use of Ashley Madison, but I guess Anna can call her “Maddie” for short.  I remember guessing that name for one of Anna’s past pregnancies without realizing the connection at the time, but I’m surprised Anna actually went with it.  And of course, since it’s Basic White Girl Code to put at least one unnecessary Y in her child’s name, Anna was legally required to spell it “Madyson”. 😆

Then again, I guess it’s not very Christian-like to give the middle finger, so maybe this is Anna’s way of reminding He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named of all the crap he pulled before the arrest.  At least her middle name is actually okay.  There are worse flowers out there to use as a middle name than Lily.  Like Hyacinth or Iris.

Or Chrysanthemum, like the Kevin Henkes book.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Or Chrysanthemum, like the Kevin Henkes book.

I remember that book!  Yeah, that can definitely be an awkward flower to use for a name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope I didn't miss name anouncement, here are my guesses:

Carlin and Evan: Evan John or Aurora Sue

Priscilla and David: I go with the same as my last guess: Dinah Hope or Diana Grace

PP & Zsuzsu: Andrew David or Lea Emme

Edited by LucilleJ
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LucilleJ said:

I hope I didn't miss name anouncement, here are my guesses:

Carlin and Evan: Evan John or Aurora Sue

Priscilla and David: I go with the same as my last guess: Dinah Hope or Diana Grace

PP & Zsuzsu: Andrew David or Lea Emme

They already have an ‘A’ name with Anna, so no to Andrew. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

They already have an ‘A’ name with Anna, so no to Andrew. 

But they have a Stephen and a Solomon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

But they have a Stephen and a Solomon.

That’s because Stephen was born on PP’s birthday. And Stevie told Zsu that if the baby was born on his birthday he wanted it to have his name (with a different spelling and middle). Zsu wasn’t exactly thrilled with repeating a letter name, but you know patriarchy - have to follow and do what the husband wants. 

She explained the naming on her blog but unfortunately it’s not longer accessible
 

Thank you Wayback Machine! I found it!

8439E91F-2608-4D3F-9D44-2830E0CCCA5C.jpeg.81e908aa4abc03db343d2462599f07b9.jpeg

https://web.archive.org/web/20190115105438/http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2012/07/baby-photos.html 

Edited by Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing
  • Thank You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 4:08 PM, VineHeart137 said:

I'm torn between "WTAF??" and relief that they didn't go with my daughter's M name (which multiple people guessed they would use 😅 )

Seriously, though. Do they not realize little Madyson is eventually going to grow up and learn about her father's scandals and realize her name is tied to one of them?? What was going through their heads?

most likely nothing

On 11/20/2021 at 10:22 PM, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

That’s because Stephen was born on PP’s birthday. And Stevie told Zsu that if the baby was born on his birthday he wanted it to have his name (with a different spelling and middle). Zsu wasn’t exactly thrilled with repeating a letter name, but you know patriarchy - have to follow and do what the husband wants. 

She explained the naming on her blog but unfortunately it’s not longer accessible
 

Thank you Wayback Machine! I found it!

8439E91F-2608-4D3F-9D44-2830E0CCCA5C.jpeg.81e908aa4abc03db343d2462599f07b9.jpeg

https://web.archive.org/web/20190115105438/http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2012/07/baby-photos.html 

socialist insecurity

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




  • Recent Status Updates

    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      The Berries were born in Highland Park Hospital. We went to the 4th of July Parade every year until we moved here. I’ve been crying all day. This is horrible. We are just waiting for a list of victims to make sure none of our old friends from those days were hurt. I HATE this.
      · 1 reply
    • meep

      meep

      Already after the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, I was already NOT feeling 4th of July and felt it was ridiculous to celebrate. Now a mass shooting at a parade in a town nearby. Multiple fatalities. Everyone has to shelter in place in their homes, can't go outside, because shooter is still on the loose. Nearby towns canceling their celebrations due to public safety concerns. Wow guys, how free we are! What a great country we live in! Aren't you grateful for all this freedom?! /s
      The usa, what a fucking joke. 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah in my case he’d be even more ripped. 

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Had some bad news out of Dubuque today - 3 teenagers were killed in a one car accident where the driver had been speeding and flipped his car. 
      I feel so sorry for their families and friends now.  It also brought back painful memories for me and some of my classmates because my junior year of high school three of our classmates were killed in an accident as well.   One I had known since elementary school.
      · 1 reply
    • moodygirl86

      moodygirl86

      Hey FJers, long time. Sorry I've not posted in like forever - life just sometimes gets in the way.
      During the lockdown, I did various temporary jobs (shelf stacking in Wilko, and also working from home doing call centre type stuff, including Test and Trace) but hope to go busking soon. I need to practise my set as my guitar/singing has got a bit rusty!
      Since I last posted, I have become a cat mum! My housemate with Lilith had to move abroad and wasn't able to take her with him, so I inherited her. She'll be two in August but still looks and acts like a kitten. I love her more than life itself.

      · 4 replies
    • VooDooChild

      VooDooChild

      The colonoscopy prep drink is absolutely disgusting. 
      · 8 replies
    • SillyDillys

      SillyDillys

      Sooo. I turned down the new job, realized I've been scammed.
       
      Also today I'm 26 and drunk right now. My amazing husband took me to Chicago to a rooftop bar and I'm so glad my mom is here to babysit and I pumped enough to last her a few days
      · 3 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah looking at you Twin Cities drivers...

      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      My former JW stepdaughter has just come out as pro-choice!!!
      · 1 reply
    • petrushka

      petrushka

      With the fall of Roe v. Wade, now would be a great time to start taxing religious institutions so we can increase funding for women's and children's health and education services.  Males 18-25 still have to register for Selective Service; how about adding a DNA database to that requirement to help track down impregnators and hold them responsible for their part?
       
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.