IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 33: Ohhh Honey It Is Already a Disaster.....

HerNameIsBuffy

@metheglyn thanks for sharing that video! I saw one of her other videos and couldn't remember her name!

A line explicitly specifying that Josh's family can't access the protected information and that no family members are considered part of the "defense team" seems very unusual to me. I wonder why that was necessary.

• Upvote 14

47 minutes ago, Marshmallow World said:

A line explicitly specifying that Josh's family can't access the protected information and that no family members are considered part of the "defense team" seems very unusual to me. I wonder why that was necessary.

I'm guessing the answer is Jim Bob.  

• Upvote 22
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 19

46 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Speculation- they are concerned about witness interference , which I certainly wouldn’t put past JB.

The only witnesses that he could tamper with would be his kids and grandkids. I wouldn't wish that on any of those kids.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Speculation- they are concerned about witness interference , which I certainly wouldn’t put past JB.

This was my thought too. The Duggars are well known and have a degree of influence in their area. I wouldn't doubt that JB would use whatever influence he has to put pressure on someone. There are a million subtle and not-so-subtle ways he could do this - malicious gossip, ostracising, potentially using his status as landlord, out and out intimidation... 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, bal maiden said:

This was my thought too. The Duggars are well known and have a degree of influence in their area. I wouldn't doubt that JB would use whatever influence he has to put pressure on someone. There are a million subtle and not-so-subtle ways he could do this - malicious gossip, ostracising, potentially using his status as landlord, out and out intimidation... 

I personally think FJ thinks Jim Bob has more influence than he actually does. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, viii said:

I personally think FJ thinks Jim Bob has more influence than he actually does. 

I think he has influence over (most of) his own kids. 

Maybe they're using that to try to work with Josh specifically without daddy jumping in and trying to direct things? Trying to clearly cut JB out of the loop? Or possibly more likely they've told JB he doesn't get to know everything even if he's paying for the legal team, and look, here's a legal decree saying so. 

This whole thing is a nasty mess, as is Josh. 

• Upvote 19

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I think he has influence over (most of) his own kids. 

I agree that he has influence over his children, adults or minors. He's financially responsible for the majority of them and he's certainly dissuaded the whole 'leave and cleave' aspect of their religion. 

However, the poster said Jim Bob has a degree of influence in their area which I disagree with. I don't think the majority of his community gives two shits about the Duggars. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

This whole thing is a nasty mess, as is Josh. 

May I nominate this to be the next thread title?

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 3

Maybe JB's degree of influence is not over the general populace of the community. Maybe he does have influence within their circles, though. It would mostly be people within their circles who could be witnesses for or against Josh. It was highly speculated* here that JB must have some influence over LaCount Reber for Reber to upend the lives of his family for Josh. I believe the Rebers are in a looser part of JB's circle.

*Highly speculated does not equal truth, but we will not get the whole truth on anything Duggar-related.

• Upvote 10

I have relatives in that area.  I mentioned Duggarsto them and the response was "Are those the weird people with a lot of kids?". Nothing else.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Emily Baker now has a more thorough explanation of the implications and meaning of the Protection Order beyond what she said in yesterday's YouTube Short. I've cued up the video to start at the point where she started talking about it.

ETA: There's also a little bit of Duggar-related stuff in the Q&A Section, though it calls back to the initial video from a month ago. Question at 2:03:42 - Does the Shah federal case have the same conviction rate as the Duggar case-over 90%?  (She talks about how federal evidence is gained, tied together, etc. for a couple minutes.)

Edited by metheglyn
watched the rest of the video
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 14

3 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Emily Baker now has a more thorough explanation of the implications and meaning of the Protection Order beyond what she said in yesterday's YouTube Short. I've cued up the video to start at the point where she started talking about it.

ETA: There's also a little bit of Duggar-related stuff in the Q&A Section, though it calls back to the initial video from a month ago. Question at 2:03:42 - Does the Shah federal case have the same conviction rate as the Duggar case-over 90%?  (She talks about how federal evidence is gained, tied together, etc. for a couple minutes.)

Thanks for this. I’ll stream it tomorrow while I’m working. Gotta have some distraction as my job is soul crushingly dull

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, viii said:

I agree that he has influence over his children, adults or minors. He's financially responsible for the majority of them and he's certainly dissuaded the whole 'leave and cleave' aspect of their religion. 

However, the poster said Jim Bob has a degree of influence in their area which I disagree with. I don't think the majority of his community gives two shits about the Duggars. 

I don’t know how much influence JB has over “the majority of his community,” but he has some influence over some people or he wouldn’t have found a family to take in Josh. ?  He also knew the (pervert) police guy to take Josh to confess to, when Josh was 15, and may now know a few other people that could be useful in confusing the issue of “who used the computer and was it really Josh.”

So, while I tend to agree that JB is probably not as influential as some people assume, he may still have some connections that he might try to use to protect the family name. ??‍♀️

On the other hand, this may be less about how JB could tamper with witnesses, evidence, etc. than about people involved in the case being sick of JB trying to meddle.

• Upvote 13

For those who don't have time to listen to EDB, she notes that the privacy of minor witnesses is basically boilerplate language in protective orders. There was nothing unusual there. She didn't comment on the part about keeping the family out of the proceedings, but three cheers that Boob can't even TRY to mess with the case.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 15

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Boob can't even TRY to mess with the case.

He can TRY, but it may get him in trouble.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, gustava said:

but it may get him in trouble

I'm here for that. I'd be fine with JB getting in trouble with the way he's fucked his family up.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 27

On 6/15/2021 at 11:27 AM, viii said:

In 2015 I was in Hot Springs AR on vacation and we were in the National Park taking a ranger-guided tour.  The ranger mentioned formerly living in Hawaii, but was originally from the Fayetteville/NWA area.  Wanting to show off my meager NWA knowledge, I said I knew a little bit about that area was because that was where the Duggars lived.

Well, that poor ranger gave me so much side-eye that I swore her eyes were going to snap right of her head.  I learned right then and there that she-along with probably many others in that area-didn't claim the Duggars and certainly wasn't impressed with them or their antics. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 12

11 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

In 2015 I was in Hot Springs AR on vacation and we were in the National Park taking a ranger-guided tour.  The ranger mentioned formerly living in Hawaii, but was originally from the Fayetteville/NWA area.  Wanting to show off my meager NWA knowledge, I said I knew a little bit about that area was because that was where the Duggars lived.

Well, that poor ranger gave me so much side-eye that I swore her eyes were going to snap right of her head.  I learned right then and there that she-along with probably many others in that area-didn't claim the Duggars and certainly wasn't impressed with them or their antics. 

I’ve heard that about people who live in the same area as the Duggar’s. I’m in New Jersey & I’ve met a few people who think I’m from the Jersey shore & think I’m like the people on that show which is not true. I did grow up in the same town that had Saprano house is in. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I’ve heard that about people who live in the same area as the Duggar’s.

Have friends in NWA and yeah, they either don't know or don't care.   I always thought JB's "influence" was confined to his family or people within their church/social circle.   

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

FB_IMG_1623803508361.jpg.f0faa2afdf19b9d04eeef674b5ad00ba.jpg

JB had just enough influence to find someone who would keep Josh under house arrest.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 28
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

I had just read that too and was thinking Mrs Reber must be jumping for joy ?

She can blame herself and her husband. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic