Jump to content
IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 33: Ohhh Honey It Is Already a Disaster.....


HerNameIsBuffy

Recommended Posts

The only part of this I find surprising is that it's not stipulated. Perhaps that doesn't happen as often in federal court for criminal matters but I have rarely seen one not stipulated.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

I had just read that too and was thinking Mrs Reber must be jumping for joy 🙄

I hope she can't take it and Josh has to be returned to jail or Jim Bob has to find someone else to impose upon. 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next year? Good grief. That means Josh will be there for the birth of M7. I hope it's not granted.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Next year? Good grief. That means Josh will be there for the birth of M7. I hope it's not granted.

And for the start of M8

  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 30
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Next year? Good grief. That means Josh will be there for the birth of M7. I hope it's not granted.

And have time to work on M8 🤢

 

10 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I hope she can't take it and Josh has to be returned to jail or Jim Bob has to find someone else to impose upon. 

That was my wish too! I wonder if he will still want to push the trial start out to 2022 from inside a cell. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

I had just read that too and was thinking Mrs Reber must be jumping for joy 🙄

She should have joined Free Jinger.  We could have given her a heads up. 

  • Upvote 22
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legal people, does the involvement of Arkansas officials despite them not being on the warrant impact the case? 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ADoyle90815,  Wasabi does look like a Tribble , doesn't he?    Every time I see his smiling mug, I say "Oh, it's Tricki Woo."  I didn't have a favorite till the B-I-S judging and he won me over as he began to waddle as soon as he was put on the green carpet.  

  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bet they are going to work on quickly conceiving M8 right after M7's birth. No breastfeeding for Anna this time. Might as well squeeze one more arrow into the quiver in case Josh gets locked up. 

  • Disgust 10
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Anna will have to give birth without Josh unless they apply to court to let him go to hospital for the delivery with her as a special exception to the rules.

She'll then have a potentially breastfeeding newborn when this goes to trial if it goes that far, so may have to pick between baby and sitting in the court room looking supporting.

Which sounds better - M7 Daddy was on bail when you were born, or M7 Daddy was in jail?

  • Upvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And costs are mounting:  The defense has retained an independent computer forensic expert who must conduct a computer forensic examination of each of the devices at issue

16 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

The only part of this I find surprising is that it's not stipulated. Perhaps that doesn't happen as often in federal court for criminal matters but I have rarely seen one not stipulated.

Might you explain?

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, gustava said:

And costs are mounting:  The defense has retained an independent computer forensic expert who must conduct a computer forensic examination of each of the devices at issue

Might you explain?

I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that continuances are frequently agreed upon (stipulated) by both defence and prosecution, so the judge's or magistrate's agreement is essentially a rubber stamp.

Here is a definition from Merriam Webster:

Definition of stipulate

 (Entry 1 of 2)

intransitive verb

1: to make an agreement or covenant to do or forbear something : CONTRACT

2: to demand an express term in an agreement —used with for

transitive verb

1: to specify as a condition or requirement (as of an agreement or offer)

2: to give a guarantee of

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stipulate

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that continuances are frequently agreed upon (stipulated) by both defence and prosecution, so the judge's or magistrate's agreement is essentially a rubber stamp.

From what little we know, I don't see any reason for the prosecution to agree to the continuance.  Sounds like their case is lined up and ready to go.  Although I'd be surprised if Josh doesn't get the time if only because the request seems reasonable. 

Mr. Reber is a total fool if he didn't look into how long Joshie would likely be with them.  Then again, maybe he's okay with his wife seeking a divorce?

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

From what little we know, I don't see any reason for the prosecution to agree to the continuance.  Sounds like their case is lined up and ready to go.  Although I'd be surprised if Josh doesn't get the time if only because the request seems reasonable. 

Mr. Reber is a total fool if he didn't look into how long Joshie would likely be with them.  Then again, maybe he's okay with his wife seeking a divorce?

Well, the whole fair trial thing that ideally is mandated  by our legal system requires that the defense has an adequate amount of time to prepare for trial. Although I think that the Rebers are fools for agreeing to take Josh, the judge warned that it might be a long time during the custody discussion. I wonder if there is any provision possible for respite care. 

Edited by FiveAcres
  • Upvote 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Well, the whole fair trial thing that ideally is mandated  by our legal system requires that the defense has an adequate amount of time to prepare for trial. Although I think that the Rebers are fools for agreeing to take Josh, the judge warned that it might be a long time during the custody discussion. I wonder if there is any provision possible for respite care. 

I also wonder how out-of-the loop the Rebers are... like, are they anti-TV and only read the Bible? I mean most of us know from the news, newspapers, true crime shows, and just osmosis that it takes approximately forever for anything to go to trail, at least in the US, and that a July date sounded awfully ambitious from the beginning. But maybe Mrs. Reber didn't realize that? And if her headship said "Oh, it'll just be a month or two, maximum" and the judge said "You could be stuck with him for a long time" she felt obligated to go by what her husband said. 

  • Upvote 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gustava said:

And costs are mounting:  The defense has retained an independent computer forensic expert who must conduct a computer forensic examination of each of the devices at issue

Might you explain?

Generally both parties agree to this kind of standard extension.  In my type if law and location this motion would be off because it implies the prosecution was not in agreement, which is out of the ordinary.

Just now, justoneoftwo said:

Generally both parties agree to this kind of standard extension.  In my type if law and location this motion would be off because it implies the prosecution was not in agreement, which is out of the ordinary.

Prosecutors agree for professional courtesy,and because the defense will obviously be granted the extension, and because it is unjust to not.

  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, imokit said:

She'll then have a potentially breastfeeding newborn when this goes to trial if it goes that far, so may have to pick between baby and sitting in the court room looking supporting.

I don't think she'll breastfeed - I think they'll work as hard as they can to conceive M8 before he goes away. 

  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is that Josh’s team will seek as long as possible to prepare the case and will use that time to chip away at the bail conditions .

It will start with the baby being born and him wanting to be there, then Anna will be struggling to take the children to him so he’ll want to be able to visit them. I hope the judge tells him no if that’s what he does.

Incidentally, wasn’t it Josh that slept on the sofa while Anna laboured? 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Well, the whole fair trial thing that ideally is mandated  by our legal system requires that the defense has an adequate amount of time to prepare for trial. Although I think that the Rebers are fools for agreeing to take Josh, the judge warned that it might be a long time during the custody discussion. I wonder if there is any provision possible for respite care. 

Would he have to go into the jail for his caretakers to have respite care or a half-way house? NO way would I want to be confined to my house because of a person and not be able to go out for a dinner with my partner or a weekend away or (in my real life) go to the family lake. They are stupid for taking him in and they believe in the stuff the Duggars believe so I guess they get what is coming to them. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, viii said:

I don't think she'll breastfeed - I think they'll work as hard as they can to conceive M8 before he goes away. 

Where? Surely not at the Rebers house. It will become a Holy knocking shop? 
Yuk yuk yuketty yuk. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Would he have to go into the jail for his caretakers to have respite care or a half-way house? NO way would I want to be confined to my house because of a person and not be able to go out for a dinner with my partner or a weekend away or (in my real life) go to the family lake. They are stupid for taking him in and they believe in the stuff the Duggars believe so I guess they get what is coming to them. 

The Rebers can get him removed from their house, but my understanding is that he'd have to go back to the holding tank until JB can find another pair of idiots Godly couple to take him in. 

  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a culture that believes that the sins of parents are visited upon their children, I wonder whether the situation with Josh will affect future opportunities (e.g., marriages) for the M kids.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Where? Surely not at the Rebers house. It will become a Holy knocking shop? 
Yuk yuk yuketty yuk. 

I'm assuming he has his own private bedroom so yes, I'd assume that he'll be sleeping with Anna in there. I can't imagine that he's going to remain celibate until he goes to prison. 

31 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

In a culture that believes that the sins of parents are visited upon their children, I wonder whether the situation with Josh will affect future opportunities (e.g., marriages) for the M kids.

Do we have proof that the Duggars actually believe this? If they do, why isn't anyone looking at Jim Bob and Michelle then to explain Josh?! Unless that's why they told us Michelle mowed the lawn in a bikini... Josh makes so much sense now!

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that the Rebers are idiots to agree to babysit him. But Mrs Reber only agreed because her husband forced her to. In her world she truly did not have a choice. Yes she's stupid but in the fundie world there was nothing she could do. I hope to goodness that her husband sees the problem or that she can find her voice. 

I didn't always agree with you husband, but thankfully we lived in our world where I could let him know I didn't agree. And he listened!

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.