IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 17: The Hair Apparant

HerNameIsBuffy

57 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Do we know for a fact that Nicole married OJ for money? I didn't follow that case very closely.

Here's what I recall from news reports and various tv shows and stories about them, and the double homicide.  I think OJ first saw Nicole when she was either a hostess or waitress at an upscale Los Angeles restaurant.  He was very attracted by her youth and beauty,  and pursued her.  At the time, he was a popular and well-liked celebrity.  Yes, he had money, but he was also attractive and charming.  I think they were in love with each other, but OJ had a Jekyll/Hyde personality.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

Ugh dammit I had a whole thing typed out, got distracted, and the page reloaded and I lost it. 

I got confused by Dan’s calculations in the first video because my brain can’t process math without seeing it written down. For those with similar issues, the plane is 6,631 lb (3,008 kg) when empty (no passengers, luggage, or fuel). The max it can weigh with those things is 11,850 lb (5,375 kg). Dan said Joe topped off the tank, which is 564 gallons. That weighs about 4,709 pounds. 11,850 - (6,631 + 4,709) = 510. The six passengers, pilot, and luggage would have to weigh a total of 510 pounds. Meaning that if there was no luggage then on average each person can weigh 72.89 pounds. So yea, sounds like the plane was overloaded. 

wiki page with the plane specs: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_Citation_I

wiki page for the accident: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Percy_Priest_Lake_Cessna_501_Citation_I/SP_crash

This report says topping of the tanks ended up filling the plane to 574 gallons, so he was even more overloaded: http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2021/06/cessna-501-citation-isp-n66bk-fatal.html

Edited by HarryPotterFan
Added a sentence for clarity
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 25

Thanks @HarryPotterFan for doing the math like that. I saw the video and was thinking Gwen must have taken a lot of luggage or something.  But given the full tank of fuel and a plane full of occupants there was no margin for error. Math is your friend...

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Today's news.

FAA suspends examiner who approved pilot in fatal crash into Percy Priest Lake

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/faa-suspends-examiner-who-approved-pilot-in-fatal-crash-into-percy-priest-lake

This was the freakiest thing ever - the guy who does the NTSB analysis had a followup.  This entire situation just keeps getting darker and darker. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, ofDany said:

Thanks @HarryPotterFan for doing the math like that. I saw the video and was thinking Gwen must have taken a lot of luggage or something.  But given the full tank of fuel and a plane full of occupants there was no margin for error. Math is your friend...

You’re welcome! I was really confused by his math and wondering how he knew how much the occupants and their luggage weighed. So I did the math myself and realized you don’t even have to know those things! Fuel weighs a lot! Knowing how much fuel he could get with his occupants is such basic math. It could be a child’s math problem. It’s not like it’s calculus. Doing these calculations is absolutely the pilot’s responsibility.

I talked to my dad about this (he loves all things airplane and loves the show Airplane Disasters) because it seemed weird to me you can’t load up on passengers and fuel. He said with small jets/little airplanes you have to decide if you want to go far, fast, or carry a lot of people. You have to pick one, that’s just the way they’re designed. 

28 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

This was the freakiest thing ever - the guy who does the NTSB analysis had a followup.  This entire situation just keeps getting darker and darker. 

Kevin Chapman is claiming it’s routine for an examiner to be suspended after a pilot they approved has a fatal crash. My dad had never heard of that. It really seems like something fishy happened there.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

@HarryPotterFan from watching Air Disasters, I believe commercial pilots have charts that give them an estimate per passenger to get the occupant and baggage weight.  I seem to recall that the crash in Gandor where a charter was carrying US Army troops back from the Middle East in the 80s under estimated the weight because he was using standard weight calculation and not accounting for an entire plane of mostly fit men and all of the gear they would have each been traveling with.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Strawbernana said:

Does anyone know what Rob Day was trying to say here? It’s a quote from this article: https://www.wsmv.com/news/faa-records-on-pilots-medical-certificate-clash-with-documentation-from-church/article_323bcf82-c32b-11eb-ba7e-0bd6b6b92a3f.html

Hide contents

15D9609D-AC91-4171-9D71-FFD1AB755AD1.thumb.jpeg.e689ee1873284acde81fcf60d8cb8608.jpeg

I don't know if they took the statement out of context, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I looked at those and also watched their summer camp kick-off.

image.png.fe3e3d4a937442cfe5c8860e77e01f8a.png

I wonder if other tribes were represented, or if it was only the tribe of Judah.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

@HarryPotterFan from watching Air Disasters, I believe commercial pilots have charts that give them an estimate per passenger to get the occupant and baggage weight.  I seem to recall that the crash in Gandor where a charter was carrying US Army troops back from the Middle East in the 80s under estimated the weight because he was using standard weight calculation and not accounting for an entire plane of mostly fit men and all of the gear they would have each been traveling with.

Yes! There is a standard weight allocated to each passenger for commercial flights or a calculation that is done based on number of passengers, weight of cargo, and the type of plane.

4 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

I wonder if other tribes were represented, or if it was only the tribe of Judah.

They do all 12.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

"YouTuber Dan Gryder put out a video Friday claiming that Lara had "washed out" of Flight Safety International in Atlanta before going Chapman to get his certification.

Anybody with have a half a brain can recognize this guy's an idiot, he can't fly." Gryder claimed.

A spokesperson for Flight Safety International declined to comment on Gryder's claims."

Gryder's remarks could be considered slanderous or close to it. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

But Joe can't sue for slander now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I don't know if they took the statement out of context, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

He needs a snickers bar. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

Yes, they did all twelve tribes. First they called up all the adult counselors, then the junior counselors, then the campers. Then everyone left the stage and they called up the next tribe. (They called every person's name, not just the group.)

When calling the junior counselors and the campers, they did the out-of-town kids separately. Here was the order for each tribe.

1. Adult counselors
  2. Junior counselors
  3. Out-of-town junior counselors
  4. Campers
  5. Out-of-town campers

Naturally, I couldn't help but wonder about the rationale. Was it to make the out-of-town kids feel special? Or was it a subtle hint that they're a step below?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Yes, they did all twelve tribes. First they called up all the adult counselors, then the junior counselors, then the campers. Then everyone left the stage and they called up the next tribe. (They called every person's name, not just the group.)

When calling the junior counselors and the campers, they did the out-of-town kids separately. Here was the order for each tribe.

1. Adult counselors
  2. Junior counselors
  4. Campers
  5. Out-of-town campers

Naturally, I couldn't help but wonder about the rationale. Was it to make the out-of-town kids feel special? Or was it a subtle hint that they're a step below?

Maybe it's one of those RF "line of authority" things.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

This reminds me of how some of the churches I grew up around and some of the ones that still are around me will divide the kids into groups based on if their parents brought them or if the church bus picked them up. The bus kids in these churches are always treated as a bit below the ones whose parents attend church.  Some churches won’t even allow them to attend the same Sunday School classes. I do wonder if RF treats the out of towners slightly different since their parents aren’t devoted enough to move to close to the church. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 3

1. Adult counselors
  2. Junior counselors
  4. Campers
  5. Out-of-town campers

Yep - they want to make the out-of-towers feel special and like they are in “the middle of the pack!”??‍♀️??

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

This bears repeating:

Attention, all Remnant members! You might have been to every church service, attended every choir practice, worked your ass off  decorating the church, weeding Gwen's garden, teaching, and whatnot.  But the chances are you're doing it wrong.   You may be married, and you think you're a faithful wife... but probably you're doing marriage all wrong.   You go to work and try to do a good job... but it's not enough.

You gotta kiss more ass.

This devo sounds like Gwen assumed all her readers are married mothers. Maybe they are.

I still don't know how I could glorify my boss's name at work. My clients don't see her, and there's no reason to randomly drop her name in conversation. "Hey, I know we're supposed to talk about  you and what you need... but can we first take a moment to appreciate and glorify my boss...You don't know her but she's awesome. So sorry you're stuck with me instead."

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Strawbernana said:

Does anyone know what Rob Day was trying to say here? It’s a quote from this article: https://www.wsmv.com/news/faa-records-on-pilots-medical-certificate-clash-with-documentation-from-church/article_323bcf82-c32b-11eb-ba7e-0bd6b6b92a3f.html

Hide contents

15D9609D-AC91-4171-9D71-FFD1AB755AD1.thumb.jpeg.e689ee1873284acde81fcf60d8cb8608.jpeg

I might take "spiritual, attentive pilot" to mean that Rob saw Joe praying about each flight but he also paid attention to safety details and didn't leave things completely up to God.

But of course just because you take a lot of time prepping a plane doesn't mean that you're doing it right. I would take a lot of time prepping a  plane because I'd have no idea what I'm doing.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:
14 hours ago, Howl said:

But Joe can't sue for slander now.

I was referring to Flight Safety International and Chapman, rather than Joe. 

I did google "posthumous defamation" and I'm still not clear. Although one can't sue over posthumous defamation in most (all?) states, it does seem to be a hotly contested topic.  

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, clueliss said:

It makes sense that commercial pilots would use a chart to simplify things. They can’t really ask for everyone’s weight. 
And the weight of extra fit men with army gear would add up quickly. It’s hard to wrap my mind around how individual humans can impact the weight of a several ton plane. 

• Upvote 5

The Remnant continues to turn here:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic