Jump to content
IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early


nelliebelle1197
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rosie said:

What are you referring to?

@daisyjane1234, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Who knows what they're referring to.  The only time Chelsy mentioned the word intervention on her blog was for this, and she didn't say it was evil "We did not get pictures of the doctor and nurses who delivered Axton but they were truly amazing in every way and I am beyond grateful for the medical intervention and tools that helped our little man enter the world safely."  

7 hours ago, daisyjane1234 said:

Like (some?) here I had a NICU experience that did not have a particularly happy ending.  My child was diagnosed with profound disabilities and died 21 years later.  I am a person of faith. I would have liked a "miracle" and it didn't happen.  Nathan and Melanie would have liked a "miracle".  I would be curious to know the theological gymnastics that the Maxwells engage to sustain their faith the face of such a capricious God?

 

I am sorry for your loss.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

They’re leaving it up to Jesus. You know how horrified Chelsy was at the thought of John and his reversal siblings not being born through evil intervention, she actually wrote that. So  I’m absolutely sure we’ll get a pregnancy announcement this year. This is the woman who hasn’t taken the vaccine yet goes practically maskless to visit a preemie with lung issues. Really, do you really expect her to learn from this, bc then I’ll have whatever you’re smoking.

Baby is breathing on her own which - bc I’m suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a troll 🙄 - is a hugely positive sign. Of course, I’ll go now and be all sad about the good news🖕

Yes, I know they are leaving it up to God. But, John and Chelsy moved very quickly for her popping out three children in three years. Most fundies have more spacing in between their children than they do right now. All I hope is that John and Chelsy focus on Chelsy healing and the three kids they have now rather than her popping out as many blessings as soon as possible. I really do think Chelsy is more focused on having as a large family since this is her dream. I just hope that John talks and comforts her letting her know that, while they will continue to have children, she needs to give her body a break and take time before having the fourth one. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know there have been a few mentions of Chelsy's mask-wearing faux pas in one of the posts showing her holding Madeline. I just checked back on Chelsy's blog to see if there are any updates and she's changed the pictures out. There's now a picture of her, properly masked, holding a sleeping Madeline, with another pic of Madeline in her incubator with her eyes open. The picture of Chelsy with the mask under her nose and Madeline's eyes open is still up on the fathership blog. Interestingly there are zero mentions of the mask in the comments on either blog. So...did Chelsy (or John, or any of the other Maxes) read about it on here, or did they get comments scolding her for her useless mask-wearing but delete them/not approve them so they never saw the light of day? The world will never know.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bethy said:

I know there have been a few mentions of Chelsy's mask-wearing faux pas in one of the posts showing her holding Madeline. I just checked back on Chelsy's blog to see if there are any updates and she's changed the pictures out. There's now a picture of her, properly masked, holding a sleeping Madeline, with another pic of Madeline in her incubator with her eyes open. The picture of Chelsy with the mask under her nose and Madeline's eyes open is still up on the fathership blog. Interestingly there are zero mentions of the mask in the comments on either blog. So...did Chelsy (or John, or any of the other Maxes) read about it on here, or did they get comments scolding her for her useless mask-wearing but delete them/not approve them so they never saw the light of day? The world will never know.

I was going to ask that question yesterday.  Was the lowered mask picture on her blog too or just the Maxwell blog?  Because yesterday I noticed that the pic wasn't on Chelsy's blog and thought she took it off.  If so she is reading here.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I was going to ask that question yesterday.  Was the lowered mask picture on her blog too or just the Maxwell blog?  Because yesterday I noticed that the pic wasn't on Chelsy's blog and thought she took it off.  If so she is reading here.  

Or she got comments, realized she'd ignited a firestorm with her visible nose, swapped out pictures and scrubbed the pertinent comments.

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rosie said:

What are you referring to?

@daisyjane1234, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Steve and Terri had three kids when Terri became depressed and couldn’t handle more kids, so Steve got a vasectomy. A couple of years later Steve found Jesus and convinced Terri that she was a sinner by restricting child bearing, so Steve  had his vasectomy reversed. The five kids born after that are called “the reversal kids”. Whenever one of those kids marries, Steve tells the congestion that if he hadn’t found Jesus, these kids would not have been born. Especially Chelsy was horrified at the thought that John would not have been born.

  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rosie said:

What are you referring to?

Steve and Teri Maxwell had 3 kids, Nathan, Christopher, and Sarah. Then Steve had a vasectomy.  About 6 years later he had it reversed. He had kids Joseph, John, Anna, Jesse, and Mary. Those kids are known as the reversals.

So far only one of those "reversal" kids has shared his wedding and that would be John. When John got married, Marlin Bontrager did a lot of talking. (He likes to do that at weddings. Marlin is worse than Steve). Marlin mentioned a lot of Steve's talking points including debt-free house and the vasectomy reversal. He actually had all of the reversal siblings stand up and come to the front.

Steve Maxwell is I believe the only fundie we follow here to have a vasectomy reversed, but I have seen other stories of vasectomy reversals from former fundies on the internet. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@daisyjane1234,  I am so very sorry for the loss of your newborn.   I'm one of those moms here  who has lost a child (My premie Katherine lived 11 months) and @MayMay1123 lost her granddaughter shortly after birth a year or so ago.  {{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

Penny, thank you for remembering Grace 💕 I don't post here in the bates forums, but my deepest sympathy to you @daisyjane1234. I understand how incredibly hard it is. If you ever want to vent to a stranger, feel free to message me. It will be 2 years on August 26, Grace is missed every hour of every day

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update number 5 about cute little Madeline. She's doing well.  What a difference a week makes, thank goodness.

They sound like they have a good system of being with all of their children but it must be quite stressful

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

Update number 5 about cute little Madeline. She's doing well.  What a difference a week makes, thank goodness.

They sound like they have a good system of being with all of their children but it must be quite stressful

The stress of all of this must be awful for John and Chelsy. In the Maxwell blog Sarah mentioned that they have rented an apartment close to the hospital and only one parent can be with Madeline, which is either, due to COVID restrictions or one parent has to be with their children. I can only imagine how it is for Axton and Elliot right now. Axton and Elliot have to deal with leaving their home (albeit temporarily), one parent at home for six hours a day (Chelsy mentioned she and John spend three hours each with Madeline), and watching their parents stress because of Madeline being in the NICU. Plus, Chelsy mentioned Axton was more "clued in" this time by talking to Madeline (only wording I can think of right now) in her pregnancy announcement. I can imagine him asking parents where his baby sister is and why he can't see her. Chelsy really, really needs to pump the breaks on the big happy family that she has dreamed about since childhood. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So everything’s going like really well. Looks like all that praying for that necessary fucking MIRACLE the sooooooooo needed paid off. The must be speshul curiousness. Chelsy’s happy bc her baby finally looks like a…….baby. I fucking kid you not. Looks are everything to her. See, this fucking bullshit is why the whole “praying for a miracle” is just a lie.

  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

Chelsy’s happy bc her baby finally looks like a…….baby

I was very happy when my prem baby started looking like a term baby. Actual fat on his arms and legs! Shoulders that didn't look like a skinned ferret!

It was pretty amazing, and reassuring that despite the stressful start and the fact that he still had feeding and breathing tubes on his face and two limbs with paddles and IVs he was developing in the right direction.   

It had fuck all to do with looks being important and a hell of a lot to do with being happy that he was going from being the sickest baby in the NICU to moving towards coming home. 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad she’s doing better. Maybe she will get to go home before her due date if there aren’t anymore issues popping up. 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

So everything’s going like really well. Looks like all that praying for that necessary fucking MIRACLE the sooooooooo needed paid off. The must be speshul curiousness. Chelsy’s happy bc her baby finally looks like a…….baby. I fucking kid you not. Looks are everything to her. See, this fucking bullshit is why the whole “praying for a miracle” is just a lie.

Could you please tone down your language. All the expletives are completely unnecessary. 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

So everything’s going like really well. Looks like all that praying for that necessary fucking MIRACLE the sooooooooo needed paid off. The must be speshul curiousness. Chelsy’s happy bc her baby finally looks like a…….baby. I fucking kid you not. Looks are everything to her. See, this fucking bullshit is why the whole “praying for a miracle” is just a lie.

What a thoroughly unpleasant person you are. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I was very happy when my prem baby started looking like a term baby. Actual fat on his arms and legs! Shoulders that didn't look like a skinned ferret!

It was pretty amazing, and reassuring that despite the stressful start and the fact that he still had feeding and breathing tubes on his face and two limbs with paddles and IVs he was developing in the right direction.   

It had fuck all to do with looks being important and a hell of a lot to do with being happy that he was going from being the sickest baby in the NICU to moving towards coming home. 

I had a 28 weeker and felt the same way. Somewhere around 32-33 weeks gestational age he suddenly put on some weight and started to look like a newborn.  It was a really big deal to me and I was thrilled.  It had nothing to do with “looks” and everything to do with a baby gaining weight and looking healthier. I can’t see snarking on anyone for that.  It’s a strange place when you have a baby in the NICU and things you’d never think were important become huge freaking deals to you.

He’s now 6 and totally healthy. Still has some delays but he has come a long long way.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PSA for anyone wondering how to get rid of trolls...If you click on your username there's a tab named "ignored users." To add someone to the list, type  @ and then the person's username.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 12:33 AM, Green bean satan said:

Steve and Terri had three kids when Terri became depressed and couldn’t handle more kids, so Steve got a vasectomy. A couple of years later Steve found Jesus and convinced Terri that she was a sinner by restricting child bearing, so Steve  had his vasectomy reversed. The five kids born after that are called “the reversal kids”. Whenever one of those kids marries, Steve tells the congestion that if he hadn’t found Jesus, these kids would not have been born. Especially Chelsy was horrified at the thought that John would not have been born.

Where’s the f*ck Steve button when you need it?

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank FSM for the Ignore feature. That is all I have to say.

  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

So everything’s going like really well. Looks like all that praying for that necessary fucking MIRACLE the sooooooooo needed paid off. The must be speshul curiousness. Chelsy’s happy bc her baby finally looks like a…….baby. I fucking kid you not. Looks are everything to her. See, this fucking bullshit is why the whole “praying for a miracle” is just a lie.

I despise the beliefs of these folks, but I do have immense empathy for a mama who is struggling with the journey of prematurity, because I am not an a-hole. I would never want to be them. We should all want better!

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

So everything’s going like really well. Looks like all that praying for that necessary fucking MIRACLE the sooooooooo needed paid off. The must be speshul curiousness. Chelsy’s happy bc her baby finally looks like a…….baby. I fucking kid you not. Looks are everything to her. See, this fucking bullshit is why the whole “praying for a miracle” is just a lie.

She's not saying it for vanity reasons.  The baby is filling out and getting some color.  It hurts the heart to see a precious baby so tiny and all hooked up to wires.  She IS looking more like a baby and that's a wonderful thing.  

  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question. Do we need to start adding a trigger warning if our post contains mention of a…*whispers*…miracle? I did not realize that word could set someone off like this. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.