IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 16: Remnant after Gwen [Gwen and other RF leaders dead in plane crash]

Destiny

10 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

I had heard last night that they were flying to FL to attend a 'Trump event.'

Along similar lines, Phil Williams just posted this:

Not too far from Palm Springs.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So the one man backed out of a wedding he was supposed to officiate so he could attend a hate rally Gwen was helping sponsor? I have sympathy for their families but these people just really weren’t nice. 

I don't really believe in karma, but she's a bitch, isn't she. 

• Upvote 30
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I don't really believe in karma, but she's a bitch, isn't she. 

I'm going to quote from the brilliant Flo and Joan, "It's alright not to believe in God, but blame him when you're shit goes wrong."  I feel the same way about Karma, I don't believe in it but I give it a nod when I see it.

• Upvote 16
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

I’ve been part of weddings where I’d rather do something else, but once you commit to be in the wedding, especially to officiate, you can’t just back out when something else pops up. What sort of person tells a bride “Sorry, but there is a hate rally with criminals and traitors that is way more fun, so I’m going to that instead.” And in RF the bride and groom probably couldn’t even express it if they felt upset. And on some level they had to have felt slighted. 

• Upvote 25
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 20
  • Thank You 1

David and Jennifer Martin had five children according to RF site. Three of their children are married adults, and the website doesn't say about the other two. They could be single adults and they could be older minor children. According to the RF website, David and Jennifer were married in 1992. Assuming all their kids are born afterwards and this seems to be true, all of them are under 30.

My condolences to their family.

• Upvote 13

21 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Not just attending it, but sponsoring it?

RF is apparently a for-profit entity, according to this article. So, if the cult's members don't mind their money being spent on corporate jets & trumper rallies, then all is good.?‍♀️

During that same interview, she downplayed the for-profit nature of her enterprise.

"This money, half of it goes to the government, the other half goes to keep it going so someone else can be helped," Shamblin told King.

But she also lived a lavish lifestyle.

NewsChannel 5 Investigates quizzed Shamblin about her claims in that 2001 interview.

"Half and half leaves nothing for Gwen Shamblin. That's not completely true, is it?" we asked.

Shamblin responded, "Yes, it's completely true."

Edited by hoipolloi
Formatting
  • Upvote 17
  • WTF 2

49 minutes ago, McMansion said:

@HerNameIsBuffy

When ex-members tell you how they’re feeling, why can’t you believe them? I find it disconcerting that folks on here are more quick to become defensive than to listen.

Seeing posts from folks without affiliation to RF about who is going to takeover and what the future holds right now doesn’t sit right with me. People have died, and they’re being grieved right now. Even if RF has done awful things, there still needs to be consideration for the people who are personally affected by this event.

This isn't a ex RF survivors group. This is free jinger and one of the rules is not to police other people's posts unless they break the rules. You are free to set up a forum/discussion /Facebook group but you don't get to dictate how this forum works! 

• Upvote 24

5 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

David and Jennifer Martin had five children according to RF site. Three of their children are married adults, and the website doesn't say about the other two. They could be single adults and they could be older minor children. According to the RF website, David and Jennifer were married in 1992. Assuming all their kids are born afterwards and this seems to be true, all of them are under 30.

My condolences to their family.

The youngest boy might be underage. But he’s a teen. I can’t tell by looks if he’s 18. Two of their married daughters are currently pregnant. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 9
  • Thank You 6

Does anyone know how many persons are ordained at RF?  I'm not sure that's even the correct word for them, but "able to marry people" is what I'm trying to figure out. 

I am not a heavy follower of RF, but I had assumed (wrongly) that it was just Gwen and David.  Obviously there are more, since neither were to attend the wedding yesterday.  Are Elizabeth and Elle able to perform marriages?  

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

And in RF the bride and groom probably couldn’t even express it if they felt upset. And on some level they had to have felt slighted. 

Exactly lol.  If they are allowed to get married within Remnant, the bride and groom have been brainwashed to the point that their reaction to their wedding officiant suddenly dipping out to attend a Trump rally would be something along the lines of "Okay! I guess God's spirit is leading us in a different direction; praise God!" They just have to be a happy, smiling robot for God's glory.  If they're unhappy about any problem, they are being too self-focused and they're headed to Hell for that sin. 

2 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

Does anyone know how many persons are ordained at RF?  I'm not sure that's even the correct word for them, but "able to marry people" is what I'm trying to figure out. 

I am not a heavy follower of RF, but I had assumed (wrongly) that it was just Gwen and David.  Obviously there are more, since neither were to attend the wedding yesterday.  Are Elizabeth and Elle able to perform marriages?  

I don't know the exact number but a few of them are ordained.  I know Joe Langston has officiated a lot of weddings.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 9

I think all of Leadership is ordained. Durville has officiated a couple of weddings.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

49 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

I had heard last night that they were flying to FL to attend a 'Trump event.'

Along similar lines, Phil Williams just posted this:

Props to Jupiter, Florida, for canceling on them. I'm kind-of laughing that at the way they clumsily changed the event to Stuart, Florida. Apparently they couldn't just make a new sign. 

In case anyone wants to read about the event, I'm putting the information in the spoiler. Apparently becoming a sponsor seems to have been easy.

Spoiler

Patriots! After so much planning for this incredible event, we had a big surprise wrench thrown at us this week and some employees from Palm Beach tried to shut down our event. But we are not backing down, we're fighting on twice as hard and now we've secured a new venue that's even bigger and BETTER than before!

It will hold even more people and these challenges and attempts to cancel us will only make us that much more passionate to come together as patriots and celebrate this SUNDAY, May 30th of Memorial Day weekend.

Tickets are back on sale so get yours now and spread the word, the new venue is: Martin County Fairgrounds at 2616 SE Dixie Highway, Stuart FL (not far from original location). Thank you for your patience and commitment to the cause. We can't wait to see you there for WE THE PEOPLE PATRIOTS' DAY, May 30, 2021 at 1:00 PM (sharp!)?️

? We are featuring some of the biggest leaders in the America First movement, like Roger Stone, [former]Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, Bill Mitchell, Dr. Simone Gold and lots more movers and shakers you know and love. We’ll also have some amazing music, entertainment and food so it will be a celebration you do not want to miss! Family-friendly. ? ?

?? Hosted by Freedom Firefighters, FL and Women Fighting For America

? This day is all about having fun and hearing strategies to take our country back from the grips of Biden’s communist agenda and the growing Covid tyranny. Come to Florida for Memorial Weekend where its open, warm and beautiful, spend your Memorial Day weekend with thousands of other patriots and revive your American spirit!

TICKETS: Reserve yours today!

Military, Police, FHP, Firefighters, First Responders get in free with I.D.

Children under 5 also get in free!

ITEMS TO BRING AT YOUR CONVENIENCE

Lawn or Beach Chairs

Towel or Blanket to sit on

Comfortable Clothes

Umbrella

Sunscreen

Small Personal Cooler, must be able to carry

Don't forget to stay hydrated

DO NOT BRING

NO weapons of any Kind ( Gun, Knives, Pocket Knives, Mace)

Large Cooler

There will be a full security detail check point prior to entry

Sponsorship Available via WFFA.WIN:

Scroll down to Become a Sponsor and please select a sponsorship package. You will receive confirmation email with your details.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14

I wonder who the employees were that “tried to shut them down” and caused the relocation.  Good job, you!  As I recall, Gwen had been a MAGA suppporter all along.  

• Upvote 18

Thr possible lack of pilot certifications and the crucial flight to a MAGA rally? This is turning into a mess quickly.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 28
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CTRLZero said:

I wonder who the employees were that “tried to shut them down” and caused the relocation.  Good job, you!  As I recall, Gwen had been a MAGA suppporter all along.  

Right? This is a story I need! Someone in Florida, SPILL THE TEA!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

59 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Here is another more recent news source, from a site called the Tennesean. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2021/05/30/tennessee-plane-crash-saturday-percy-priest-lake/5271905001/

Skimming it, I found these paragraphs interesting, if true: 

Anyone know why Joe wouldn’t have updated his medical certification? Is that something that would be easy to just forget?

• Upvote 12

13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Anyone know why Joe wouldn’t have updated his medical certification? Is that something that would be easy to just forget?

I mean theoretically I guess he could have, but it was like years out of date. If I'm reading it right, it should have been renewed in '19 and again in November '21. That's a lot of forgetting, especially since he would have had to go to some sort of school or training to be certified in the plane I think. I could see a few weeks or even months as a whoopsie. I don't know though. 

He held a third class medical issued in '17: 

IMAGE 2021-05-30 15:45:03.jpg

Per FAA rules, it should have been renewed in '19, and would be up for renewal shortly:

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/app_process/general/validity/

Third Class Medical Certificate: A third-class medical certificate is valid for the remainder of the month of issue; plus

24 calendar months for operations requiring a third class medical certificate, if the airman is age 40 or over on or before the date of the examination, or 

60 calendar months for operations requiring a third class medical certificate if the airman has not reached age 40 on or before the date of examination.

Edited by Destiny
clarification / more clarification
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 18

1 hour ago, jakesykora said:

Considering it was an internal memo or something also, I wonder if on some level it was also an attempt at trying to portray calm and like things were under control and wanting to slow the rumor mill (which it was already all over SM and even MSM that it was an RF plane and Gwen was believed to be on it even prior to that) to buy themselves some time. 

If they could get RF people feeling like there was still hope, it might not be that bad, etc. it'd give more time for formulating 'next steps.'

So I really think there was intentionality behind why it was portrayed the way it was in that initial memo. There are many people with a lot at stake with RF, beyond 'only' facing losing people they valued.

I just don't see the point of trying to keep up hope in such a way I guess... People who are in denial will be in denial but would anyone else be convinced that there was hope? the first news was that the plane was unable to be contacted and that it was seen going down in a lake. It seems pretty obvious there will be no survivors in such a scenario. Even if somebody survived the first impact they would inevitably drown.

• Upvote 8

Apparently they had more than one type of aircraft. I wonder if they required different certifications. At any rate, it seems like he was a pretty experienced pilot.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 9

7 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I mean theoretically I guess he could have, but it was like years out of date. If I'm reading it right, it should have been renewed in '19 and again in '21. That's a lot of forgetting, especially since he would have had to go to some sort of school or training to be certified in the plane I think. I could see a few weeks or even months as a whoopsie. I don't know though. 

On this site:

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/app_process/general/classes/

An airman medical certificate is valid only with the original signature of the AME who performed the examination or digital signature of an authorized FAA physician (e.g., Regional Flight Surgeon, manager of the Aerospace Medical Certification Division, Federal Air Surgeon).

Apparently one needs to go to an authorized FAA physician to be examined. ISB: Is it possible that Joe Lara had been told by his primary care physician that he had a condition that might have prevented him from passing a flight physical? 

• Upvote 16

FWIW, at least a couple of Twitter commenters said they recognized the sound in the radio calls as a routine flight system that is engaged when the plane is climbing after takeoff, not an alarm.

• Upvote 18

2 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

Apparently they had more than one type of aircraft. I wonder if they required different certifications. At any rate, it seems like he was a pretty experienced pilot.

Oh yes.

Gwen and Joe had at least 2 airplanes and a helicopter (Gwen tore out her tennis courts in her backyard for a helipad).  Brandon had his own (smaller) airplane too.

Cults can make a lot of money.

Also, a post way up somewhere mentioned how Joe maybe brought a plane with him into their new marriage.  No, Joe was dirt poor when he met Gwen.  The 2 planes and helicopter and Telsa and other toys for Joe were bought after they got married.  

Gwen gets a husband that stands by her side (at least willing to play along) and isn't overweight.  Joe gets a lavish lifestyle and all the toys he wants.  They each got what they needed. 

If only Gwen didn't leave her first husband for Tarzan, they would all be alive.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Apparently one needs to go to an authorized FAA physician to be examined. ISB: Is it possible that Joe Lara had been told by his primary care physician that he had a condition that might have prevented him from passing a flight physical? 

I mean maybe? We have no way of knowing now what the reasoning was. All that said, I don't think based on what we know that this was a medical issue so I don't think that the lack of the paperwork is meaningful to the crash other than maybe negating insurance? I have no idea if that's true, but it would make sense. I can't imagine an insurance company on an airplane not having a rule that the pilot needs to have the relevant licenses and any medical checks required or it doesn't pay.

Note: I have no idea if insurance on private aircraft is mandatory or not or if they had insurance nor do I know how insurance for planes works so this is conjecture. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 11

• Destiny changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 16: Remnant after Gwen [Gwen and other RF leaders dead in plane crash]
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic