IGNORED

Alyssa & John 9: It’s All About Dressing Up and Looking Perfect on Instagram

nelliebelle1197

Oh my holyblur Alyssa needs to step away from the filters. She is giving taryn a run for her money. One thing I give Insta is that it declares their is a filter so people know that her impeccable skin is fake and unachievable. 
this is not the best screen grab but it just has to be one of her most blurred vids I have seen of her 

3625E0FE-ED5E-451E-A9AC-150ABE902702.png

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh my holyblur Alyssa needs to step away from the filters. She is giving taryn a run for her money. One thing I give Insta is that it declares their is a filter so people know that her impeccable skin is fake and unachievable. 
this is not the best screen grab but it just has to be one of her most blurred vids I have seen of her 

My personal theory is that Alyssa is not really happy with her looks right now - she may have realized she looks tired and stressed (understandably so with four littles), and now she's using tons of filters and other enhancements to hide her insecurities. It must be hard living in a culture that is so superficial and at the same time doesn't really leave you enough time for yourself. Just a theory, mind you.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

22 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

My personal theory is that Alyssa is not really happy with her looks right now - she may have realized she looks tired and stressed (understandably so with four littles), and now she's using tons of filters and other enhancements to hide her insecurities. It must be hard living in a culture that is so superficial and at the same time doesn't really leave you enough time for yourself. Just a theory, mind you.

I agree she must be tired. But both she and Whitney tend to wear heavy make up that ages them. When they are without makeup, they look prettier and younger IMO (I wear make up daily and I think it is great, but some faces work better with light make up... Or no make up at all... the latter is not my case haha).

IG seems full of blonde young moms with big families, perfectly groomed, with perfectly tidy homes, with perfect bodies despite back to back pregnancies, who homeschool on the top of that. I am old enough to know that perfection does not exist and that the price of those "perfect lives" is high both for physical and for mental health. 

At least, nobody expected that Kelly, Michelle or Teri looked like models or that their houses looked like magazines. The new generation od fundie women may have smaller families (I hope), but they are Stepford wifes and this is exhausting! 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

At least, nobody expected that Kelly, Michelle or Teri looked like models or that their houses looked like magazines. The new generation od fundie women may have smaller families (I hope), but they are Stepford wifes and this is exhausting! 

I agree with this and actually think (and have said this before) I think Kelly and Michelle look fabulous for their age. Michelle may seem a bit "shrunken" from so many babe sapping her nutrients but she has lovely hair and skin and so does Kelly. They both look great and have aged well. I think Michelles style is a bit daggy and unflattering but her and kelly present a realistic and put together version of what a real mother would look like. 

Alyssa did some kind of makeup tutorial today (im not sure I rarely watch with sound and rarely do anything but click through). She did the makeup with a heavy filter on. I mean what does that show for someone who wants to learn about doing makeup or learn about the foundation she was shilling?????? nothing real girlfriend that is what. 

• Upvote 14

25 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I agree with this and actually think (and have said this before) I think Kelly and Michelle look fabulous for their age. Michelle may seem a bit "shrunken" from so many babe sapping her nutrients but she has lovely hair and skin and so does Kelly. They both look great and have aged well. I think Michelles style is a bit daggy and unflattering but her and kelly present a realistic and put together version of what a real mother would look like. 

Alyssa did some kind of makeup tutorial today (im not sure I rarely watch with sound and rarely do anything but click through). She did the makeup with a heavy filter on. I mean what does that show for someone who wants to learn about doing makeup or learn about the foundation she was shilling?????? nothing real girlfriend that is what.

It wasn't a tutorial. She was just chatting about her day while doing her makeup, it is something Carlin and Josie both do a lot. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

It wasn't a tutorial. She was just chatting about her day while doing her makeup, it is something Carlin and Josie both do a lot. 

fair enough, still not an accurate reflection of what she really looks like though, i did notice she did put up the foundation that she is loving at the moment eye roll

• Upvote 5

Per John on YT, since the girls are so good and responsible, as evidenced by their rising each morning and starting their school work BEFORE John and Alyssa get up (WT ever loving F), the girls are being rewarded with goldfish. 
Doesn't John have a day job? What time is he required to roll into work?

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Per John on YT, since the girls are so good and responsible, as evidenced by their rising each morning and starting their school work BEFORE John and Alyssa get up (WT ever loving F), the girls are being rewarded with goldfish. 

John is an HVAC technician at his father's company.  Not a 9-5 job.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They used to put the girls at bed at 6PM. As girls are older now, they have probably changed that schedule, but if they are still going to bed to early, they are probably waking up at dawn and are scared of making noise. 

The idea of 3 little kids silenty waking up and doing school by themselves sounds like a dystopian movie to me.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

on an episode of BUB he said he works a lot of the time at night.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I wonder if this varies from location to location because a friend of mine is an HVAC tech and  works (mostly) 9-5. And when we bought our house and had the furnace and AC installed, if was done mon-fri 9-5. All our contractors did. I am sure you could pay extra for weekends or after hours, but it is not the norm, at least here. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I wonder if this varies from location to location because a friend of mine is an HVAC tech and  works (mostly) 9-5. And when we bought our house and had the furnace and AC installed, if was done mon-fri 9-5. All our contractors did. I am sure you could pay extra for weekends or after hours, but it is not the norm, at least here. 

And Alyssa has repeated posted about being excited for the weekends because of family time and church, so I’m thinking he works more traditional hours.

1 hour ago, raayx01 said:

on an episode of BUB he said he works a lot of the time at night.

He is going into homes at night? Or maybe they work on business systems during off hours-

• Upvote 2

Didn’t John and Alyssa used to have a cleaning business? Did they clean offices? Because if they did, I could see that being mostly at night/evening. But not his current HVAC work. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Didn’t John and Alyssa used to have a cleaning business? Did they clean offices? Because if they did, I could see that being mostly at night/evening. But not his current HVAC work. 

I think that went the way of the wind when she got sick. Rightly so. I can’t knock them for that. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

If he has to repair offices air conditioning, it is possible he has to work at evenings or night sometimes. Anyway, by Alyssa videos, in a daily basis he is out of home during average working hours (goes out at mornings, comes back at dinner time). I think he wakes up at an usual hour, but the children wake up earlier than him, and they are not allowed to make noise. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Clarify
  • Upvote 5

On 8/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Melissa1977 said:

They used to put the girls at bed at 6PM. As girls are older now, they have probably changed that schedule, but if they are still going to bed to early, they are probably waking up at dawn and are scared of making noise. 

The idea of 3 little kids silenty waking up and doing school by themselves sounds like a dystopian movie to me.

It sounds like the loneliest "school" in the world.

Most importantly, Zoe is only 3 and Lexi is 4. Should they be wandering around the house while the parents are sleeping? There's a pool attached to that house! Even if there wasn't, kids that age can get into trouble pretty quickly and need supervision. I could not have slept soundly while my three-year old got up, went downstairs, fought with her sister a bit, got a snack, climbed into her chair, turned on her electronics and "did school."

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Alyssa probably views accidents as a natural part of life, since she grew up with so many siblings, there was probably always someone in an accident. 

• Upvote 2

I have never responded to a Bates or Duggar video but I did to that one. You can't just put a fish in a brand new aquarium. It has to cycle so that it is growing beneficial bacteria, etc. Just a little bit of research would have told them that. Also how to float the bag to adjust the fish to the temp of the water in the tank. Sigh. I was disgusted at them mostly, but a little at PetCo for not training their associate in just a very basic knowledge of fish care to know that if someone is carrying a new tank, you should not be selling them fish.

The science might be a little over even Allie's head but 2 weeks to 2 months before adding fish. Hope that they did not all die. Traumatic for the girls. 

https://fishlab.com/how-to-cycle-aquarium/

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

It sounds like the loneliest "school" in the world.

Most importantly, Zoe is only 3 and Lexi is 4. Should they be wandering around the house while the parents are sleeping? There's a pool attached to that house! Even if there wasn't, kids that age can get into trouble pretty quickly and need supervision. I could not have slept soundly while my three-year old got up, went downstairs, fought with her sister a bit, got a snack, climbed into her chair, turned on her electronics and "did school."

And yet in the mid to early 60s when I was a similar age, I would get up, turn on the tv and watch the farm report, test patterns and college level tv programming because I was an oddball early riser.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

And yet in the mid to early 60s when I was a similar age, I would get up, turn on the tv and watch the farm report, test patterns and college level tv programming because I was an oddball early riser.  

I did the same in the 60's. It was not a giant house with a pool, though. I think it's a bad idea, both then and now. I wouldn't send my 3 year old to a daycare that let her run around a building unsupervised, so why would it be OK at home?

• Upvote 4

I would hope that the home has locks placed high on the doors that the girls can not reach or unlock. This is what we did when ours were little and we had an in-ground hot tub in our backyard (albeit, locked with a pad lock). Our son was also a sleep walker. From the looks of things, Alyssa, the main caregiver, in particular, is far more concerned with aesthetics vs safety. 

• Upvote 4

Proof that Alyssa overuses filters: she posts about how there is "so much pink" in Maci and Allie's room but the pictures are so filtered, it looks coral. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7

Me over here still thinking about a 6pm bedtime. WTH? That's our dinner time. Then we walk the dog. On this end it doesn't even get dark until after 8 during the summer. Seriously there are kids in the neighborhood still out playing & riding bikes at 6pm.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I really hate how those VERY young girls are parked in front of screens to "do school". She is the laziest. 

Edited by Nikedagain?
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I really hate how those VERY young girls are parked in front of screens to "do school". She is the laziest. 

Or she just doesn’t like it. I hated having to homeschool my kids. It was hell. I bet she doesn’t like it. She would have been so much happier growing up in a non fundie home. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic