IGNORED

Religion For Breakfast KJV Only Video and Explanation

clueliss

I recommend this YouTube channel elsewhere.  I’m watching a video from him right now on a subject I think FJers will find Severely interesting.  Specifically, the KJV on,y movement 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Religion For Breakfast KJV Only Video and Explanation

Another relevant one, especially if you hang in the Rod threads.  The origins of Satan

• Thank You 5

On 5/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, clueliss said:

I recommend this YouTube channel elsewhere.  I’m watching a video from him right now on a subject I think FJers will find Severely interesting.  Specifically, the KJV on,y movement 

This was a fascinating listen! Thanks for digging it up! I didn’t realize the movement was as new as the late 1980s, which leads me to wonder how and why these KJV-only families (whose father heads probably were not born into a family that was strictly KJV only) fell into that school of thought.

• Upvote 5

Ooh, does this channel talk about Peter Ruckman at all?  I can't watch the videos until later today at the earliest.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Ooh, does this channel talk about Peter Ruckman at all?  I can't watch the videos until later today at the earliest.

The KJV-only video mentions him, but doesn't focus on him specifically.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

KJV-only-ism is a VERY deep rabit hole.  Be prepared. Wikipedia's KJV Only is a good place to start -- lots of familiar names under the "Prominent... Promoters" section.  The "Variations" section mentions James White who is a strong opponent to the KJV movent -- consider listening to him after your head explodes from the wackiness.  Mr White is a voice of reason.

• Upvote 7

On 6/14/2021 at 12:29 AM, Maxwell said:

KJV-only-ism is a VERY deep rabit hole.  Be prepared. Wikipedia's KJV Only is a good place to start -- lots of familiar names under the "Prominent... Promoters" section.  The "Variations" section mentions James White who is a strong opponent to the KJV movent -- consider listening to him after your head explodes from the wackiness.  Mr White is a voice of reason.

this is very telling: 

Snag_85cb77.thumb.png.a6c509ae08e3e0c404583ca022f803da.png

What a list of people and places I never want to be associated with in my life. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

This one is for everyone who watched the Joshly wedding episode and saw Anna’s father talk about Jesus really making grape juice in that water to wine miracle 

• Upvote 2

On 6/14/2021 at 12:29 AM, Maxwell said:

The "Variations" section mentions James White who is a strong opponent to the KJV movent -- consider listening to him after your head explodes from the wackiness.  Mr White is a voice of reason.

He's only a voice of reason on this.  He (and his daughter Summer Jaeger) are cozying up closer and closer to Doug Wilson these days.  

• WTF 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another good one from this channel (and this one ties to 1/6/21)

• Thank You 1

On 5/31/2021 at 8:10 AM, SisterCupcake said:

This was a fascinating listen! Thanks for digging it up! I didn’t realize the movement was as new as the late 1980s, which leads me to wonder how and why these KJV-only families (whose father heads probably were not born into a family that was strictly KJV only) fell into that school of thought.

Oh, it was a thing even in the early ‘70s. I very briefly volunteered to knock on doors and offer a free copy of the RSV or some other translation and more than one person politely and firmly said they would keep to the KJV.

• Upvote 2