IGNORED

Trump 54: A Grand Jury Has Been Called For The Former Guy!

GreyhoundFan

Rachel has a good laugh over TFG's attorney's poor word choice:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

I'm going to pop this in here on TFG thread.  Seth Abramson just torched/eviscerated the new  Woodward/Costas book "Peril", and Seth, as usual, makes excellent points.  

And as usual, here's the tweet with a link to the unroll of the entire thread beneath the tweet: 

Unroll of the full thread:  I think what many people will find confusing about Woodward’s PERIL is that so much lacks context even as other content is over-prescribed because its source is a Trumpworld malfeasor trying to clear their name.

So, in summary, don't buy Peril, but do pay $5 for access to Seth's writing.  I'm tempted to do just that this afternoon! 

• Thank You 8

Man baby had a tantrum

Unable to tweet his train of thought views to millions on Twitter following his permanent ban from the social media platform, the former leader of the free world has been emailing his contemplations to reporters.

On Wednesday evening, as legal experts were ridiculing Trump's latest filing in his lawsuit against Twitter, Trump repeatedly emailed out statements trashing senior Republicans.

• Haha 7
  • Thank You 6

Yeah, President Biden doesn't think much of the former guy.

President Joe Biden wasn’t impressed by the remnants of White House life left behind by Donald Trump when he explored the residence after the inauguration, according to “Peril,” the new book by Washington Post journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa. 

“Trump’s existence permeated the White House, even the residence,” they wrote, per an excerpt cited by ABC News. “One night, Biden wandered into a room where a huge video screen covered the wall. To relax, Trump used to upload programs to virtually play the world’s most famous golf courses.”

Biden’s reaction to the former president’s “toys”?

What a fucking asshole,” he said, according to the book.

Kind of nice to see that he thinks as little of fuck face as we do.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

:pb_rollseyes:

Of course he did. Since Trump didn't get 100% of the votes in Texas there must have been voter fraud. Seriously, he puts the dick in dictator.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Of course he did. Since Trump didn't get 100% of the votes in Texas there must have been voter fraud. Seriously, he puts the dick in dictator.

It's much more insidious than that. This is part and parcel of the only real Republican policy: continuously and consistently create doubt about the integrity of elections.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

"Judge orders Trump Organization to hand over documents more quickly to New York AG"

The Trump Organization must move faster to supply documents sought by the New York attorney general or face the prospect of an outside company searching the company’s files instead, a judge warned in a newly unsealed court order.

New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron ordered former president Donald Trump’s business to report next week on its progress in handing over the documents and gave it until Oct. 15 to comply.

Engoron’s order, signed Sept. 2, was unsealed after a challenge by the news site Law 360. Engoron noted that Trump’s company had sought to keep the record sealed but said “the Trump Organization has not demonstrated good cause” for doing so.

The order shows that New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) is still conducting a wide-ranging investigation of Trump’s business practices.

It also shows that James continues to be interested in topics beyond those referenced this summer in the indictment of Allen Weisselberg, Trump’s longtime chief financial officer, and two Trump corporate entities.

The Weisselberg case, brought by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. (D) with assistance from James’s office, focused on an alleged scheme to evade taxes. Weisselberg was accused of concealing portions of Trump executives’ salaries — including his own — from taxing authorities.

But James had previously said she was leading a separate, civil inquiry intended to end in a lawsuit instead of criminal charges. The newly unsealed order suggested that probe is still going on.

“For more than a year now, the Trump Organization has failed to adequately respond to our subpoenas, hiding behind procedural delays and excuses,” James said in a statement Friday. “Once again, the court has ordered that the Trump Organization must turn over the information and documents we are seeking, otherwise face an independent third-party that will ensure that takes place.”

“Our work will continue undeterred because no one is above the law,” James said.

The Trump Organization did not respond to a request for comment.

The order showed that James is still pursuing a range of records, including requests for “Statements of Financial Condition,” which are documents Trump gave to lenders and others to catalogue his wealth. Former Trump “fixer” Michael Cohen had said Trump used these to deceive potential lenders and business partners.

James also sought documents from Trump employees connected to a pair of properties — in California and New York — where Trump had saved millions on taxes by obtaining conservation easements, agreements not to develop the land. In a filing in August 2020, James said she was investigating whether Trump inflated the value of those easements to get tax breaks he did not deserve.

The new order indicated that James’s office felt Trump’s company was not responding fast enough. Engoron said that the Trump Organization was required to report on its progress by Sept. 30, and to supply the documents to James the following month.

If it does not, Engoron wrote, the company will have to hire an outside “eDiscovery” firm to search its internal files and look for what James wants. Engoron said that if the Trump Organization does not do so, he will appoint a firm himself.

Trump would have to pay for that firm’s work, the order said.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The new order indicated that James’s office felt Trump’s company was not responding fast enough. Engoron said that the Trump Organization was required to report on its progress by Sept. 30, and to supply the documents to James the following month.

If it does not, Engoron wrote, the company will have to hire an outside “eDiscovery” firm to search its internal files and look for what James wants. Engoron said that if the Trump Organization does not do so, he will appoint a firm himself.

Trump would have to pay for that firm’s work, the order said.

Oh please, please, please let that happen!! It could be awesome.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Oh please, he wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in his ample ass:

And I agree with John:

image.png.400a4f2f3cc3cf3ee8de7e5533fd27f1.png

• Upvote 14

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Again with the Christmas crap:

I'm sure he's well aware that he's not dealing with intellectual giants.  When he mentions Christmas they probably think "Christmas?  I like Christmas." then clap their hands because they like Christmas. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'm sure he's well aware that he's not dealing with intellectual giants.  When he mentions Christmas they probably think "Christmas?  I like Christmas." then clap their hands because they like Christmas. 

I think it strikes his base because it invalidates those who do not celebrate Christmas: Jews, Muslims, Atheists, and more.  People who adore TFG are afraid of anyone who isn't Christian. Actually, anyone who isn't the "right" kind of Christian in their eyes. Just like many of them want prayer in schools, but only Christian prayers.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

14 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Just like many of them want prayer in schools, but only Christian prayers.

And again, only the “right kind” of Christian prayer.  No Hail Marys, TYVM.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I think it strikes his base because it invalidates those who do not celebrate Christmas: Jews, Muslims, Atheists, and more.  People who adore TFG are afraid of anyone who isn't Christian. Actually, anyone who isn't the "right" kind of Christian in their eyes. Just like many of them want prayer in schools, but only Christian prayers.

I know some solid Republican, highly observant Jewish, adorers of him.  One is an ex-friend because she refused to stop badgering me before the election.  It's not just fundie Christians who want a moment of silence or silent prayers in schools, though I believe they're the wide majority.  To be clear, most Jewish folks are not supporters of him, but a good number of the highly observant are.  These religious folk, Christian or not, seem to believe that a moment for prayer in secular schools will encourage the non-observant to connect to their religious roots (the observant are already connected and many of them don't attend secular schools, anyway).  I agree with you that some Christians want only Christian prayer, but I think they'll at least temporarily settle for the moment of silence.

TFG, IMO, is an expert at defining who's "in" and who's "out", then shifting the lines to suit his purposes.  Mention of Christmas will always tend to get a rise out of many Christians, yet he gets support from both Christians and non-Christians for being considered a friend to Israel.  He gets support from some who are worried about their jobs, disease, and violence, by the suggestion that many immigrants are a threat.  When there's a defined common enemy (real or imagined), people will rally.  I'm still astounded by the number of people who were willing to stand alongside someone wearing a Camp Auschwitz t-shirt on Jan. 6th.  The insidiousness and malevolence behind what enabled that to happen shouldn't be underestimated - then or now.

• Upvote 9

I’m Jewish and i want to say about 80-90% of the Jewish I know hate him!  A few don’t like him because they are not fans of his son-in-law’s ass of a father. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I’m Jewish and i want to say about 80-90% of the Jewish I know hate him!  A few don’t like him because they are not fans of his son-in-law’s ass of a father. 

Are any of the 80-90% highly observant?  I know of only one not very observant Jewish person who, when the topic would come up, didn't seem to loathe him.  I actually think that more than a few of the highly observant (though by no means a majority) also don't think much of him but since they're in communities where it's an unpopular opinion they tend to stay quiet. 

I don't know anyone who knows Kushner's father personally but, given what I've read about him, I'm not surprised if he cost TFG some votes.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Are any of the 80-90% highly observant?  I know of only one not very observant Jewish person who, when the topic would come up, didn't seem to loathe him.  I actually think that more than a few of the highly observant (though by no means a majority) also don't think much of him but since they're in communities where it's an unpopular opinion they tend to stay quiet. 

I don't know anyone who knows Kushner's father personally but, given what I've read about him, I'm not surprised if he cost TFG some votes.

Not particularly observant. I know several people who send their kids to the Jewish school that was named after Charlie Kushner’s father. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

22 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm okay with the idea of a moment of silence as that's what I experienced when I taught in Arizona. At the beginning of the year when I went over the routine (my principal is the one who led the pledge and the moment of silence as well as the part from the Declaration of Independence that we had to recite) I told the students they needed to be quiet for a moment and they could either pray as they wished, send happy thoughts, or even think about what's for lunch. 

When I hear about these prayer in school people complaining though I just want to look at them and say which version of The Lord's Prayer do you want to use? There's the version that uses debts and debtors, trespasses and those who trespass against us, and even since and sin against us. Also, the Protestants add to the end "And thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever Amen". 

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

18 hours ago, Dandruff said:

yet he gets support from both Christians and non-Christians for being considered a friend to Israel.  

My boss, who is Jewish but very non-observant, says this. It's ridiculous, because TFG is a friend to nobody but himself. But boss gets all his news from right-wing sources, and so only sees what they want him to see. I'm sure he has no idea about the people on Jan. 6 wearing "camp auschwitz staff" shirts and "jan. 6 civil war" shirts, because that's not what they've shown him. 

I keep encouraging him to check out other news outlets - international ones particularly - to get a different view. I figure he's probably internalized the anti-CNN and such stuff about US news, but maybe something like the BBC he might see as more impartial on US news. 

I just don't get it. He's not stupid. He would benefit from many of the Democratic initiatives. But he likes Trump as president despite admitting that "he's a scummy guy" otherwise. I just don't get it. 

(Also, I've noticed he strongly believes Biden is "not as sharp" mentally as Trump is. I asked him if he'd ever read a transcript of either of their speeches, and he said no. I think all he sees of Trump is the carefully-edited right wing media version, that hides how far gone the orange menace is.)

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I just don't get it. He's not stupid. He would benefit from many of the Democratic initiatives. But he likes Trump as president despite admitting that "he's a scummy guy" otherwise. I just don't get it. 

(Also, I've noticed he strongly believes Biden is "not as sharp" mentally as Trump is. I asked him if he'd ever read a transcript of either of their speeches, and he said no. I think all he sees of Trump is the carefully-edited right wing media version, that hides how far gone the orange menace is.)

The Trump lovers I know/knew are also not stupid.  I'm completely convinced that there has been a propoganda campaign going on since before the 2016 election, and that it's continuing.  When you have people willing to watch, and not watch, the media that's being recommended of course their views are going to coalesce around the approved message.  The pro-Trump people I've dealt with have echoed the same stuff:  Biden is an old man, he isn't as sharp as Trump, he's going to let anyone into the country and they'll destroy it, he'll let protesters tear the country apart, we need someone tough, Trump is being picked on.  They'll admit there's "something wrong with him", since some of his undesirable behaviors have been impossible to ignore, but they also brush it off.  They deny his role in allowing the virus to spread due to inaction and instead reference what was eventually done to limit travel and acquire vaccines.  They don't know what's wrong because they've been conditioned to not know what's wrong.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Most of the Trump voters that I know are not that bright.  The few that are seem to fall into one of two camps.  One group are the poorly veiled bigots and they like that Trump hates the same people that they do.  The other group are the hardcore Republicans who are sure that any Democrat who gets in will raise their taxes.  They don't care who loses human rights or who gets persecuted.  They just want to make sure that they keep their tax cuts.  There is, of course, crossover between those two groups.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic