Jump to content
IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower


HerNameIsBuffy

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Josie posted a picture of Kelly visiting Hazel in the NICU maskless, a day or two after Alyssa was sharing stories of Kelly gallivanting all over town with a bunch of people. They obviously don't care about that sort of thing.

The DOCTORS were pictured holding Jadon maskless. Out of 6 doctors/nurses, only 1 wore a mask. Bates are nuts, but the whole hospital staff seems to have forgotten covid.

5 hours ago, Melbelle said:

Aren't hospitals still taking COVID seriously though?  I wonder if this actually means that Kelly is vaccinated?  I can't imagine a hospital actually allowing a non-vaccinated individual (especially that isn't the child's mother or father) into the NICU without a mask.  That can't be a thing yet, can it?  

Most doctors and nurses are maskless in that hospital. There are pictures and IG stories that show it. I can't understand that! 

  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

The DOCTORS were pictured holding Jadon maskless. Out of 6 doctors/nurses, only 1 wore a mask. Bates are nuts, but the whole hospital staff seems to have forgotten covid.

Most doctors and nurses are maskless in that hospital. There are pictures and IG stories that show it. I can't understand that! 

Damn I didn't see that. That's crazy to me. I can't imagine putting a NICU baby at risk like that.

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has it occurred to any of you that all the hospital staff are almost certainly vaccinated? Do you think we should go on wearing masks forever even once vaccinated? COVID religion is just as anti-science as regular religion. And as morally superior and smug. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 16
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Has it occurred to any of you that all the hospital staff are almost certainly vaccinated? Do you think we should go on wearing masks forever even once vaccinated? COVID religion is just as anti-science as regular religion. And as morally superior and smug. 

I am vaccinated and I work at a hospital. We still have to wear masks because it’s a hospital. They don’t want us to spread something to patients. At some point the masks will stop but masks have always been worn when a person working wasn’t feeling good. Because covid is spread the most from asymptomatic people they don’t want to take any chances. 

  • Upvote 19
  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Has it occurred to any of you that all the hospital staff are almost certainly vaccinated? Do you think we should go on wearing masks forever even once vaccinated? COVID religion is just as anti-science as regular religion. And as morally superior and smug. 

We're not talking about going to the grocery story unmasked, we're talking about medically fragile newborns... And you can still catch and pass on COVID even with the vaccine. Not a big deal in most places, but seems like an unnecessary risk to take in a NICU.

And while I'm sure that the doctors and nurses are probably vaxxed, I'm less confident that Kelly Jo or most of the Bates are. Although who knows, they could surprise me.

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

We're not talking about going to the grocery story unmasked, we're talking about medically fragile newborns... And you can still catch and pass on COVID even with the vaccine. Not a big deal in most places, but seems like an unnecessary risk to take in a NICU.

And while I'm sure that the doctors and nurses are probably vaxxed, I'm less confident that Kelly Jo or most of the Bates are. Although who knows, they could surprise me.

While I do find it strange that hospital workers in the NICU are mask-less, I was under the impression that the part I bolded wasn't true. I am fully vaccinated, and I thought that science has shown (at least so far) that if you are fully vaccinated, you are unable to spread it. I'm not trying to start a debate, I just know there is a lot of false information going around, and I want to be clear that I personally understand any ramifications that I take by going mask-less as a fully vaccinated person.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

While I do find it strange that hospital workers in the NICU are mask-less, I was under the impression that the part I bolded wasn't true. I am fully vaccinated, and I thought that science has shown (at least so far) that if you are fully vaccinated, you are unable to spread it. I'm not trying to start a debate, I just know there is a lot of false information going around, and I want to be clear that I personally understand any ramifications that I take by going mask-less as a fully vaccinated person.

It takes two weeks for the vaccine to fully work so you can catch it during that time. You can also catch it after, it’s a very low chance and if you get it you won’t get as sick. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

While I do find it strange that hospital workers in the NICU are mask-less, I was under the impression that the part I bolded wasn't true.

According to this CDC page: "Vaccinated people could potentially still become infected and spread the virus to others." The chances are much lower than in unvaccinated people but the risk is still there.

  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't it a federal mandate or something that you need to wear your mask in hospital/healthcare settings? Like that is one of the few places you need to wear one regardless of your vaccination status. Also besides Covid, their immune systems are fragile so I would want my kid to be protected regardless?

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Has it occurred to any of you that all the hospital staff are almost certainly vaccinated? Do you think we should go on wearing masks forever even once vaccinated? COVID religion is just as anti-science as regular religion. And as morally superior and smug. 

Im hoping masks stay and become a more ubiquitous part of our culture the way they have been in Asian countries. They were always normal in hospital settings, and especially stricter settings like a NICU. And it's not just about who is or isn't vaccinated but promoting an overall public health culture of good habits. Hopefully we all come out of this pandemic with better habits than before because there will always be both vulnerable individuals and many diseases.

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2021 at 12:08 PM, BeccaGrim said:

Interesting. So the shot I got, that was just a run of a mill thing they did during my pregnancies because of my negative blood RH, wasn't an option for her.  And now Hazel is battling jaundice.  Seems like they're treating her just like they do regular jaundice with the bright lights.  I feel like my son (I only had one who needed the treatment) was under the lights for 1-2 days. 

It's because Josie doesn't have an Rh problem.  There are other blood factors that can cause an incompatibility and there are no vaccines or medications for those.  Hazel could have ABO incompatibility or another factor such as S or K or even multiple incompatibilities.  All of mine did. The standard treatment is with bili lights.  The blood incompatibility jaundice can be much more severe than standard newborn jaundice and that's why the NICU and a longer time.  Sometimes ABO is so severe as to need a blood transfusion.  

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Im hoping masks stay and become a more ubiquitous part of our culture the way they have been in Asian countries. They were always normal in hospital settings, and especially stricter settings like a NICU. And it's not just about who is or isn't vaccinated but promoting an overall public health culture of good habits. Hopefully we all come out of this pandemic with better habits than before because there will always be both vulnerable individuals and many diseases.

Especially since aerosol scientists like Linsey Marr who said early 2020 that Covid was airborne think that all respiratory viruses spread to a certain degree through aerosols. They say as with Covid viruses like influenza are spread by people who don‘t have symptoms yet. So yes I hope masks will become more normal especially in crowded indoor settings like public transportation.

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Especially since aerosol scientists like Linsey Marr who said early 2020 that Covid was airborne think that all respiratory viruses spread to a certain degree through aerosols. They say as with Covid viruses like influenza are spread by people who don‘t have symptoms yet. So yes I hope masks will become more normal especially in crowded indoor settings like public transportation.

Hopefully that incorrect medical canard about droplet transmission will finally die.  I'll be mask wearing at selected places for what may be the rest of my life.  As long as the hospital where I get my monthly treatment requires masking, I'll be masking in places like stores where aerosol transmission is easy.  If nothing else I'll avoid a few colds and some flu exposure. Masks are required for visiting the long term care facilities here and may become permanent.  That can only help keep the residents safer overall.

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe the only federal mandate is on public transportation at this time. I also anticipate mask use for me personally in the future, especially when traveling or when feeling sick. Again, seeing how masks have been used in hospitals for ages, I'm very very surprised that they would be mask-less in the NICU at all, let alone still during Covid.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@front hugs > duggs cdc also includes healthcare settings unless you are in a private room but there are hospitals in Texas who have gotten rid of it and I wouldn't be surprised if Tennessee had pockets of hospitals who were also done with masks since they never had a mandate to begin with.

 

and it's so weird people I see on twitter are throwing fits on vaccinated people still wearing masks. I personally am and keep mine on indoors when I don't know but it's been so nice not having asthma attacks, allergies, colds, etc. So I want to keep it because my life has been SO nice haha. 

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m fully vaxed but still wear mine.  I sort of assume that people still wearing them in Texas are vaxed and those who aren’t... arent vaxed and never wore them to begin with. 

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Did Josie ever model for the Bates Boutique?

She has a few times.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 10:49 AM, freethemall said:

Im hoping masks stay and become a more ubiquitous part of our culture the way they have been in Asian countries. They were always normal in hospital settings, and especially stricter settings like a NICU. And it's not just about who is or isn't vaccinated but promoting an overall public health culture of good habits. Hopefully we all come out of this pandemic with better habits than before because there will always be both vulnerable individuals and many diseases.

No one in my local hospital wore masks before covid. Not the doctors, nurses or staff. No one at all. Maybe in the ICU, but I wasn't there so I couldn't say.

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only remember doctors/nurses pulling out masks in the past during flu season.  Otherwise they were unmasked here all the time. I wear mine in large public gatherings still even though I'm vaccinated. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

I only remember doctors/nurses pulling out masks in the past during flu season.  Otherwise they were unmasked here all the time. I wear mine in large public gatherings still even though I'm vaccinated. 

Yeah, I feel like nurses and doctors only wore masks in surgery or vulnerable situations. I had a preemie and I don't remember anyone being masked. Maybe when we were at the children's hospital.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 9:05 AM, FrumpyAtheist said:

Has it occurred to any of you that all the hospital staff are almost certainly vaccinated? Do you think we should go on wearing masks forever even once vaccinated? COVID religion is just as anti-science as regular religion. And as morally superior and smug. 

Oh dear. 

anyway... Our school district (NC) never resumed normal school this year, the last 6 weeks was a very abbreviated 2 days on, 3 off and most students remained virtual. When we start back in the fall (depending on the DELTA variant) our kids will still be required to mask up. I'm good with that, and our county has a very good vax rate. 

  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hazel still looks pretty jaundiced in Josie’s latest pic of her. I hope she gets fully well soon. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 9:05 AM, FrumpyAtheist said:

Has it occurred to any of you that all the hospital staff are almost certainly vaccinated? Do you think we should go on wearing masks forever even once vaccinated? COVID religion is just as anti-science as regular religion. And as morally superior and smug. 

I gather you've never visited an urban area in East Asia.

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I gather you've never visited an urban area in East Asia.

I lived for years in major cities in China and I'm positive I've traveled through more other parts of Asia than you. But sure, put me in whatever ideological box allows you to dismiss my views.

Edited by FrumpyAtheist
  • Move Along 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.