IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

I bet that she had hydrops fetalis and now has hemolytic anemia. Hydrops is fairly rare so it's possible that her original OB team or midwife had not seen it but she almost certainly saw a maternal fetal medicine doctor who helped guide her prenatal care. Prayers for them. I'm glad that she had the baby in the hospital so that she could be cared for immediately. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

Maybe it’s an RH issue. Regardless, another sick baby. All these folks need to slow down the reproduction train-

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Whit had Covid and Jadon had breathing problems. Erin had covid really bad and later had to have surgery. Kelly’s stepfather died from Covid.

Yet I bet none of them regret acting like Covidiots all of last year. 

They may be secretly regretting, but for them being covid deniers is like a religious belief and they are never going to admit they were wrong. Not only because admiting they were wrong would hurt their pride, but also because their social circle will be angry with them. 

Of course, Jadon and Hazel health issues may not be caused by covid at all. But only because of Erin, they should think twice about covid risks. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

There is a picture of Josie and Whitnet hugging in the NICu. Josie is wearing a mask while Whitney isn't. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

If Josie received blood products during the miscarriage, it may be an antibody issue that's causing the jaundice for Hazel. 

• Upvote 6

Isn't her husband the one that was so worried during her last labor due to his mother's death during or after his birth? I imagine that would be so hard to see your child struggling. I hope he has some influence over their family size. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, SeekingAdventure said:

yes, but it wasn't his birth but his youngest sister i believe. :)

Ah wow ok. That is so sad. 

• Upvote 2

I am not sure if she died during birth though, i think it was an aneurysm, but I'm not completely sure on the whole story, so don't quote me on that please.

But I definitely would understand if he would be more worried about his wife's safety, in contrast to other husbands. I think he was really emotional during and after willows birth too.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

But I definitely would understand if he would be more worried about his wife's safety, in contrast to other husbands. I think he was really emotional during and after willows birth too.

And his father was very caring with him. It was very nice to see how close they are and how Kelton's father seemed to be a real emotional support. No toxic masculinity! (At least for a day).

• Upvote 8

40 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I am not sure if she died during birth though, i think it was an aneurysm, but I'm not completely sure on the whole story, so don't quote me on that please.

From what I remember, they (Kelton? his dad? someone...) said that whatever it was that killed her, it wasn't detected quickly enough because of the epidural. I don't know that they've ever confirmed that it was an aneurysm, but speculation was that it was something like an aneurysm or an embolism that the epidural masked either because she didn't feel the pain, or the symptoms (like severe headache in the case of an aneurysm) were attributed to the side effects of the epidural. So it may not have been during birth, but it was shortly thereafter, before the epidural would have worn off. I don't remember all the details but I do remember Kelton being very worried about Josie getting an epidural.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, bal maiden said:

If Josie received blood products during the miscarriage, it may be an antibody issue that's causing the jaundice for Hazel. 

This is my guess. Way back when she said Hazel's pregnancy was complicated by issues related to the miscarriage, I figured either something related to the clotting disorder, or an ABO/Rh thing. ABO or Rh mismatch is common enough though and Josie's posts/comments regarding Hazel seemed more serious. After reading their post today about Hazel's condition my guess is it's one of a zillion other blood antigens, that Josie was probably sensitized to during the miscarriage and formed antibodies against, that Hazel's blood has and is now fighting the maternal antibodies in her system.

If that's the case, then whatever combination of Josie's DNA and Kelton's DNA can create this particular antigen in their children, and future pregnancies are at risk of similar complications....

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 10

In IG comments someone asked about Rh factor, Josie replied “unfortunately the rhogam shot was not an option for me because of the specific antibody issue I have.”

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

23 hours ago, snickerz said:

In IG comments someone asked about Rh factor, Josie replied “unfortunately the rhogam shot was not an option for me because of the specific antibody issue I have.”

Interesting. So the shot I got, that was just a run of a mill thing they did during my pregnancies because of my negative blood RH, wasn't an option for her.  And now Hazel is battling jaundice.  Seems like they're treating her just like they do regular jaundice with the bright lights.  I feel like my son (I only had one who needed the treatment) was under the lights for 1-2 days.  

After I typed that, I googled and it seems 1-2 days is standard for that kind of jaundice treatment.  But Hazel is going on several days now. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Interesting. So the shot I got, that was just a run of a mill thing they did during my pregnancies because of my negative blood RH, wasn't an option for her.  And now Hazel is battling jaundice.  Seems like they're treating her just like they do regular jaundice with the bright lights.  I feel like my son (I only had one who needed the treatment) was under the lights for 1-2 days.  

After I typed that, I googled and it seems 1-2 days is standard for that kind of jaundice treatment.  But Hazel is going on several days now. 

I think she's off of it now

• Upvote 3

It might just be me but I’m not sure I’d be comfortable with so many people coming to see my baby right after getting out of the NICU. Same thoughts with baby Jaedon

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

29 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

It might just be me but I’m not sure I’d be comfortable with so many people coming to see my baby right after getting out of the NICU. Same thoughts with baby Jaedon

I restricted visitors for the first month after my preemie came home. I think she only saw my mom, stepdad and bff. Oh and my aunt (who I am very close to and who was in her late 70s). We took her to visit my husvand'# siblings and all her cousins when she had been home a month and then my MIL came as soon as she got back in the country (she goes to her home country every summer) and I invited my friends down for my oldest child's birthday a few weeks after that. But that first month home, we kept her in a protective bubble. 

• Upvote 8

47 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

I know, 2 babies have just come out of the NiCU and they are being passed around like a bag of chips. I know  that it is family but still so many family member.. ??? 

I was pretty restrictive with mine for the first 6 weeks or so and were only in the nursery to regulate their sugars. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I know, 2 babies have just come out of the NiCU and they are being passed around like a bag of chips. I know  that it is family but still so many family member.. ??? 

I was pretty restrictive with mine for the first 6 weeks or so and were only in the nursery to regulate their sugars. 

And during a pandemic! As I said, I was cautious with my girl and that wasn't during a global medical crisis. My best friend had a baby  few months ago and very few people have met him because of Covid, they are putting his safety first. 

• Upvote 7

I never had a preemie of my own so I am not sure how I would react. My nephew was in the NICU for about 10 weeks after birth. My sister did bring him to a family event shortly after he came home but she kept him away from most of the crowd and only she and her husband, my dad and my grandmother were allowed to hold him (after washing hands). I held him late that evening when we were back to her house (i was visiting from out of town and saw him once inn the NICU but had not held him yet). Both my nieces were in the NICU for a short time after birth and things for them were pretty much business as normal when they came home, but they were there for rather unusual circumstances and were overall healthy newborns. 

None of this was during a pandemic though. I can't imagine passing around a term, healthy newborn at a crowded family event in the Covid era. 

• Upvote 7

Baby hazel has an adorable stinkface. She looks like she is over those people and wants to be left alone. I love grumpy looking babies. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Heidijoey said:

Josie posted a picture of Kelly visiting Hazel in the NICU maskless, a day or two after Alyssa was sharing stories of Kelly gallivanting all over town with a bunch of people. They obviously don't care about that sort of thing.

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3

55 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Josie posted a picture of Kelly visiting Hazel in the NICU maskless, a day or two after Alyssa was sharing stories of Kelly gallivanting all over town with a bunch of people. They obviously don't care about that sort of thing.

Aren't hospitals still taking COVID seriously though?  I wonder if this actually means that Kelly is vaccinated?  I can't imagine a hospital actually allowing a non-vaccinated individual (especially that isn't the child's mother or father) into the NICU without a mask.  That can't be a thing yet, can it?  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

And now that she’s home, an endless train of Bates visitors. These folks have zero sense. Healthy babies in non- pandemic conditions don’t need a plethora of visitors and germ exposure in the early days, and babies born early and come home after an NICU stay during a pandemic,  probably shouldn’t be exposed to anyone other than their parents and siblings. I guess when you have eleventy babies in the family, no one is that special.

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic