IGNORED

Maxwell 48: The Maxwellhood of the Traveling Vest

Coconut Flan

Wow. Pants on a Maxwell girl. Color me shocked! Melanie, Abby & one of the others - I can't tell B & C apart if I don't see them together - definitely had jeans on. 

Also, another mulch party with different "crews". Ahh, good to see nothing ever changes in Maxhell. While I'm glad they help Gigi out, it's just the same shit, different day in Maxhell. 

Also, good to know Ellie does what she wants. At least someone in that family has free agency. 

• Upvote 16

Sarah once did a post about how if an activity needs pants, then a woman probably shouldn't be doing it. 

Glad Melanie and the ABCD girls get to wear pants sometimes. 

• Upvote 19
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1

I also ran here to talk about Melanie’s jeans. I’ll bet she took a minute to sigh internally when having to put the stretchy denim skirt over leggings the next day. 

• Upvote 13

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Sarah once did a post about how if an activity needs pants, then a woman probably shouldn't be doing it. 

Glad Melanie and the ABCD girls get to wear pants sometimes. 

Most of the activities they do shouldn’t be done in skirts. Example is running or mountain climbing. It’s just not safe. I wish they could have worn thinner pants or even shorts. Steve would have a heart attack if a girl wore shorts. I remember when the dugger boys couldn’t wear shorts and they ran and swam in jeans. So crazy. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I was shocked when they posted Chelsy's new pregnancy announcement on the blog with her skinny jeans in plain sight.

Last time she wore jeans on a photo shoot, they cropped out her legs (and she was wearing a dress on top!): https://blog.titus2.com/2019/12/30/happy-second-anniversary-john-and-chelsy-maxwell/

This was the original photoshoot: http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2019/12/merry-christmas-happy-new-year-and.html

Posting photos of Melanie's crew working in their jeans is pretty significant IMO.  

• Upvote 6

Back to Chris's use of cameras. I hit wayback because I know there are some examples that were on the blog but he cut down his galleries. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, yet, but I did find this skilled, artful example of Christopher Maxwell Photography.

I'll give him this - he is consistent. Because every bride wants a picture of her dress hanging on a rolling rack with random empty hangers all around.

0236.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Wow. Pants on a Maxwell girl. Color me shocked! Melanie, Abby & one of the others - I can't tell B & C apart if I don't see them together - definitely had jeans on. 

Also, another mulch party with different "crews". Ahh, good to see nothing ever changes in Maxhell. While I'm glad they help Gigi out, it's just the same shit, different day in Maxhell. 

Also, good to know Ellie does what she wants. At least someone in that family has free agency. 

Tina has darker hair than Bethany does. It’s her wearing jeans. Melanie isn’t wearing jeans... she looks like she’s wearing a skirt here:

36F7143E-9283-42DE-82C5-8429D22DFCE2.thumb.jpeg.ac180593ce857c39b753e7fdcaecb881.jpeg

ETA: ah, didn’t read previous page. Didn’t realise those photos are from different days. 

• Thank You 2

Did Chris not shoot Joe and Elyssa's wedding? I was going to comment on how Elyssa's dress photo was one of the worst - until I saw the one @fundiefan posted. It's really a shame because I think Elyssa's wedding was one of the more elaborate and beautiful weddings that Chris has photographed, but the photos are really lacking. 

And yes, @fundiefan wtf is up with that photo? It looks like the opening scene to a horror film that takes place during a 70s wedding. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Did Chris not shoot Joe and Elyssa's wedding? I was going to comment on how Elyssa's dress photo was one of the worst - until I saw the one @fundiefan posted. It's really a shame because I think Elyssa's wedding was one of the more elaborate and beautiful weddings that Chris has photographed, but the photos are really lacking. 

And yes, @fundiefan wtf is up with that photo? It looks like the opening scene to a horror film that takes place during a 70s wedding. 

Yes, he did Joe & Elissa's wedding. He doesn't have them on his current site, but they're still up on Wayback. 

• Thank You 1

Good on Melanie and her girls for wearing pants!

Also Benji is wearing a football shirt.  Sports is a no no in Maxhell so shouldn't football shirts be too?

IMG_8328.jpg

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 12

Pristopher’s sad sepia wedding gown pictures have such a “For lo, the flesh is as the grass/And all the goodliness of man/Is as the flower of grass/For, lo, the grass withereth/ And the flower of grass decayeth...” feel to them—as if “Your pathetic pretty wedding gown is worthless if you don’t know where you’re going to go when you die!”

(The lyrics above come from my recollections of something I once sang in a choir—college maybe? Was it Brahms’ Requiem? I’d be much obliged if anyone could tell me what that piece was— @thoughtful, maybe?)

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Back to wear the bride gets dressed, that might, as some mentioned, vary by region or class.  Maybe it's just a fiction of cinema, but my three favorite movie weddings have the bride getting dressed at home.  Of course, my favorite cinematic wedding is Wilma and Homer's wedding at the end of The Best Years of Our Lives where they had a wedding at the bride's parents' home, the second is Tzeitel and Motel's wedding in Fiddler on the Roof where everyone walks, holding candles, to where the chuppah is set up outside, and then in Father of the Bride where there are scenes of Kay having gotten dressed at home and then her walking down the stairs to go to the church.  Carrie Bradshaw  is wearing her wedding dress when she arrives at the church/hotel/wherever for the first time she is going to marry Big and then doesn't.  She also arrives by limousine.  Does Shelby get dressed at home in Steel Magnolias?  I can't remember.  I do recall how radiant Lady Sybil looked on Downton Abbey where she was greeted at the bottom of the stairs by Lord Grantham.  One of my daughter's had a fairly fancy wedding in Memphis and she got married at the church although it would have been difficult for she and her husband to not see each other if they'd gotten dressed at home.  They were living together which blew her dad's mind.  I think he was the only person in the family that didn't know.  The rest of us knew and didn't care one bit.  Us females did some of our getting ready in their honeymoon suite at the Peabody which was comped due to their having their reception there.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Back to Chris's use of cameras. I hit wayback because I know there are some examples that were on the blog but he cut down his galleries. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, yet, but I did find this skilled, artful example of Christopher Maxwell Photography.

I'll give him this - he is consistent. Because every bride wants a picture of her dress hanging on a rolling rack with random empty hangers all around.

0236.jpg

The way this is framed reminds me of one of those motivational posters. I feel like the bottom should say something like, "CHANGE - Be the change you wish to see in the world."

I'm sure someone else can come up with something more appropriately snarky!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Christopher Maxwell did photograph Joe and Elissa's wedding. Here are the pictures from his blog

Also do the Maxwell usually get married in Kansas or in the bride's state? I didn't know Joe and Elissa got married in Kentucky.

• Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, Jingerale said:

The way this is framed reminds me of one of those motivational posters. I feel like the bottom should say something like, "CHANGE - Be the change you wish to see in the world."

I'm sure someone else can come up with something more appropriately snarky!

God has not called me to be successful, he has called me to be faithful.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Just ran over here after seeing the new Maxwell job post and everyone beat me to Melanie wearing jeans. I am super happy to see this.

The other part I noticed is Ellie. I really do think that Sarah is going to start winding down with the activities and family events she takes her to. Ellie, to me, seems more and more tired in the photos Sarah posts. Yes, it could just be her age as she is six. But, I really do believe, now, that Ellie's bout of pyometra due to Sarah and Steve's negligence has affected her more than they know. Ellie, to me, in the recent Maxwell blog posts seems tired and worn out. In a couple posts ago I noticed the vet has been visiting Ellie at home. I really hope the Steve is letting Sarah get Ellie the quality care she needs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

@NancyDrewFan1989,  I hope they are as well.  How old is Ellie now?  Golden Retrievers are not long-lived dogs and 8 is old for a Golden.  

My daughter's German shepherds have not lived particularly long, but our Lab from the shelter lived to be 13, our terrier Lucy lived to be 16, Trinket the dachsie is 12 and I hope she lives till she's 20 and our Shih tzu lived to be about 18. Charlie the part Pyr granddog lived to 14 or 15.  While small dogs do tend to live longer and most of mine were small, Charlie and our Lab Lucky were pretty big.  

Edited by PennySycamore
teeny riffle
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 3

I read the new blog post about them mulching Gigi's yard. I know it's one of their favorite verses, but is anyone else struck by how intense the bible verse is at the end of the post. 

“Redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Ephesians 5:16)

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 4

57 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@NancyDrewFan1989,  I hope they are as well.  How old is Ellie now?  Golden Retrievers are not long-lived dogs and 8 is old for a Golden.  

My daughter's German shepherds have not lived particularly long, but our Lab from the shelter lived to be 13, our terrier Lucy lived to be 16, Trinket the dachsie is 12 and I hope she lives till she's 20 and our Shih tzu lived to be about 18. Charlie the part Pyr granddog lived to 14 or 15.  While small dogs do tend to live longer and most of mine were small, Charlie and our Lab Lucky were pretty big.  

Sarah got Ellie in late January of 2016, so I believe she (Ellie) was born in late 2015 that would make her five turning six at the end of this year. I read that the life span of Golden Retrievers is between 10 to 12 years. I just hope that Sarah isn't messing with Ellies health more than she already and is paying attention when she isn't feeling well. The one Maxwell post that I am dreading is the one where Sarah announces she had to put Ellie down. Yes, it hasn't happened yet. But, Ellie, to me, seems to have gone downhill since having pyometra back in 2019 and may not live as long as Sarah hoped for.

This sounds really predictive and speculative, but I don't think Steve will let Sarah get another dog after Ellie passes. One of the reason Steve I believe let Sarah get her is because he was hoping that her dream of being a backyard breeder would be profitable. Instead he found himself paying a hefty vet bill for Ellie to get spayed. He may relent after some time, but I don't think it will be for a while. The only real bright light in Sarah's life seems to be Ellie. The day Sarah puts Ellie down that bright light will go away. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
adding for clarification
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 6

Maxwells don't learn, they teach! :P

Popping back to the mothers' day post, this caught my attention:

the 8 Maxwell grown “kids” 

You can just write 'kidults' Sarah!

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Hane said:

Pristopher’s sad sepia wedding gown pictures have such a “For lo, the flesh is as the grass/And all the goodliness of man/Is as the flower of grass/For, lo, the grass withereth/ And the flower of grass decayeth...” feel to them—as if “Your pathetic pretty wedding gown is worthless if you don’t know where you’re going to go when you die!”

(The lyrics above come from my recollections of something I once sang in a choir—college maybe? Was it Brahms’ Requiem? I’d be much obliged if anyone could tell me what that piece was— @thoughtful, maybe?)

That's pretty much exactly what I've been thinking about Chris's dress photos.  The sullen, "I don't want to take this photo but it's expected of me.  So let me do the crummiest image I can; I'll show them.  Stupid, girl-y things.  All that un-home-made prettiness just to cover up the evil flesh."

I'm totally driving an ISB here, but remember how long it took for Chris & Anna to have their first child, and we were wondering if maybe he was emotionally messed-up for marriage from all the b.s. his parents had laid on him?  Isn't he older than Nathan, but younger than Sarah? Whatever ....this is entirely my take on it and based on nothing but guesses, but I think he may have internalized Steve's angry/gloomy outlook on the world way more than Nate or even Sarah.  None of the 5 younger siblings seem to have done so.  Chris is one of the three to have tasted a normal life, only to have it all pulled out from under him by his crocodile-tears-crying daddy.

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I read the new blog post about them mulching Gigi's yard. I know it's one of their favorite verses, but is anyone else struck by how intense the bible verse is at the end of the post. 

Evil weeds! Bad, evil weeds! You need a spanking! .... oh, wait, I'm mixing movies .....

• Upvote 5

I might be late, but has anyone seen Melanie and her daughters wearing pants while helping GiGi with yard work? This is new to me because I've only seen leggings under their skirts.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

That's pretty much exactly what I've been thinking about Chris's dress photos.  The sullen, "I don't want to take this photo but it's expected of me.  So let me do the crummiest image I can; I'll show them.  Stupid, girl-y things.  All that un-home-made prettiness just to cover up the evil flesh."

I'm totally driving an ISB here, but remember how long it took for Chris & Anna to have their first child, and we were wondering if maybe he was emotionally messed-up for marriage from all the b.s. his parents had laid on him?  Isn't he older than Nathan, but younger than Sarah? Whatever ....this is entirely my take on it and based on nothing but guesses, but I think he may have internalized Steve's angry/gloomy outlook on the world way more than Nate or even Sarah.  None of the 5 younger siblings seem to have done so.  Chris is one of the three to have tasted a normal life, only to have it all pulled out from under him by his crocodile-tears-crying daddy.

Nathan is the oldest. Sarah is the youngest of the first three kids. It's Nathan, Christopher, Sarah. I think pre-fundie Steve and Teri had three kids to have a boy and a girl. Christopher was, according to Sarah, the most rebellious of the Maxwell kids when he was little. All of the three of the oldest kids seem to have been more demoralized by leaving the fundie world young.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Evil weeds! Bad, evil weeds! You need a spanking! .... oh, wait, I'm mixing movies .....

No. Nathan is the eldest Maxwell sibling, then it’s Chris, then Sarah. Then the reversals go Joseph-John-Anna-Jesse-Mary.

ETA: @Bluebirdbluebell jinx! Posted at the same time :pb_lol:

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

No. Nathan is the eldest Maxwell sibling, then it’s Chris, then Sarah. Then the reversals go Joseph-John-Anna-Jesse-Mary.

ETA: @Bluebirdbluebell jinx! Posted at the same time :pb_lol:

Thank you and @Bluebirdbluebell!

Rebellious, you say?  Hmmm....does the Christopher Maxwell family attend the church that the rest of the father ship attend these days? I confess to harboring a not so secret desire that he and Anna do their own little rebellion and start to break away from the fathership as well.

Problem is, of course, his substandard education and training in anything other than lawn maintenance. Who would bankroll any attempt of his at a really significant business?… Well, be optimistic Junebug, maybe Anna‘s father! Maybe his successful younger brother. I can hope.

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic