IGNORED

Maxwell 48: The Maxwellhood of the Traveling Vest

fundiefan
1 hour ago, Hane said:

I had the mumps at 11, and still remember how miserable I was.

I dunno, Teri: A recent post mentioned that Gigi was “saved” when she was pretty far along in years, and the same happened to the Moody grandparents. (This comment about Gigi burns me up: It’s obvious that she’s always had a religious and spiritual life, but it was written that she “became a Christian” at some later point. Stevehovah wrote that his parents “weren’t Christians,” when their obituaries mentioned their church membership and their years of service there at length.)

But they weren't Steve approved "Christians". It's not being a follower of Christ that makes on a Christian; it is doing life the way Steve says you have to do life. 

To be fair, it's not just Steve. It's a trend with fundies. THEY do Christianity right and are Saved Christians. You all? You do it wrong. Every one of you. 

The pisser says everyone outside his cult is not Christian, fundies say Catholics and anyone not their brand, are not Christians. Everyone says they are Christians but everyone else who isn't exactly like them is not. It's how they validate themselves & feel oh so special. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fundiefan

• JermajestyDuggar

• NancyDrewFan1989

• MamaJunebug

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also hahahahaha at the shortness in the comments. This sent me 😂😂😂

I just hope the day comes when the Maxwells out themselves as super liberal hippies who have had their entire internet persona as a piece of performance art. 

Wow - her communication skills are amazing.  She should write a book about that!

Posted Images

HoneyBunny
5 hours ago, ElizaB said:

I always thought the Moody books were a figment of Sarah imagining herself married with children. I always thought she pictured herself as the mom. It makes sense in that there is an "Aunt Melanie" in one of the books and one of the boys is names "Maxwell" and that is said to be a family name. 

This is the life she wanted (or thought she wanted) to have. 

Kind of like an literary version of The Sims!

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
MamaJunebug

Anna Chris’s hair does look beautiful & you know who else’s does? IMHO, of course? Gigi’s.

I wish wish wish Teri “No” Maxwell and her daughters would try it. Goes without saying: Their hair, their choices. 

Presuming those IS their choice, and not that of Steve “Great Conversationalist” Maxwell. (But I bet he’s done the choosing.)

• Upvote 10
Austrian Atheist

Gigi seems to be a nice, friendly Grandma. Even though she looks very "normal" and goes to her own church I still think she holds the exact same beliefs as Steve and Terri. She used to wear frumpers when the Maxwell females wore them. She used to help them to iron all their clothes before their trips back when they still were touring so she has embraced and supported the Maxwell lifestyle. For  example: https://blog.titus2.com/2008/12/22/family-times/ (Isn't it tasteless to buy someone a new iron board as a thank you for ironing for at least 10 people?!)

I hope she stays happy and healthy for years to come but I don't give her a pass on her fundy beliefs.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1
Black Aliss
On 6/15/2021 at 10:21 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'd like to join in with @ClareDeLune and congratulate the Max boys for their bravery in the long and dangerous journey to a birthday party.  I hope they all come through it okay.

They did, more or less, follow the route of the Oregon Trail to get there so I suppose cholera was a constant danger.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
Alisamer
18 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

They did, more or less, follow the route of the Oregon Trail to get there so I suppose cholera was a constant danger.

They are so lucky no one died of dysentery.

• Haha 11
  • I Agree 3
IReallyAmHopewell
On 6/15/2021 at 2:32 AM, theologygeek said:

What's sad is that she can't write, and what's sadder is that they make her think she can because she's not married yet and they convinced her that writing is her life's purpose.  

Much easier than finding a husband for her and giving up all that household help.

• Upvote 9
On 6/16/2021 at 10:26 AM, fundiefan said:

fundies say Catholics and anyone not their brand, are not Christians.

I agree with you. Incidentally, Catholics also say this about protestants. 

• Upvote 1
usmcmom

Okay, hear me out. Maybe some or all of the Maxwell sons work for the CIA? FBI? Maybe they are, like, U.S. marshals or something? 

I mean they must have some really intense jobs that take them all over the country…even the world.  Why else would it be SO EVER LOVING DIFFICULT to schedule these family get togethers?   

Every time I read an account of how they managed to get everybody together despite their busy schedules, I want to put an ice pick in my eye. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1
fundiewatch

I feel as if the emphasis on the married boys making the trek for Gigi is a bit towards acknowledgement that the informal Sunday burrito lunches are now less attended. They used to be together all the time, and good for those boys (Elissa and Anna?) for making the break. It sounds like they’ve worked towards some measure of independence. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
fundiefan
15 hours ago, fluffy said:

I agree with you. Incidentally, Catholics also say this about protestants. 

Oh, I know! I could write novels about the realizations I had about human beings because of the Catholic Church. Not because I've ever been Catholic, but because of their long history of control over human beings and life worldwide. 

I've found it fascinating in the context of history and terrifying in the context of human beings and the mental gymnastics they can, and always have, done to justify their existence. 

And, by write novels, I mean from my experiences/the lightbulbs that have gone on in my head - - - I am entirely aware that novels about Catholicism have already been written, a bajillion times over. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 2
SassyPants
14 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Okay, hear me out. Maybe some or all of the Maxwell sons work for the CIA? FBI? Maybe they are, like, U.S. marshals or something? 

I mean they must have some really intense jobs that take them all over the country…even the world.  Why else would it be SO EVER LOVING DIFFICULT to schedule these family get togethers?   

Every time I read an account of how they managed to get everybody together despite their busy schedules, I want to put an ice pick in my eye. 

Coming from a family of doctors, nurses, paramedics, law enforcement, including FBI agents, firefighters…this cracks me up. I’m in my 60’s, and I don’t think I’ve ever been at a holiday party where EVERY member is present. C’est la vie-

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1
JermajestyDuggar
14 hours ago, usmcmom said:

It bugs me because Steve pushes his children to work for themselves so they can make their own schedules. Steve demonizes organized sports so none of the grandchildren have sporting schedules. The Maxwells should have the easiest schedules to work around to visit Gigi on her birthday. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
theologygeek
On 6/17/2021 at 8:54 PM, usmcmom said:

I learned long ago that the ones who brag about the same thing over and over are really not doing what they say they're doing.  It's just to make themselves feel better.  Just like the ones who brag about always having sex.  They're probably not getting it as much as they say.  It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.  

• Upvote 10
fundiefan
3 hours ago, theologygeek said:

I learned long ago that the ones who brag about the same thing over and over are really not doing what they say they're doing.  It's just to make themselves feel better.  Just like the ones who brag about always having sex.  They're probably not getting it as much as they say.  It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.  

I've always said this - particularly about social media posts, but unfortunately in real life too. 

If every conversation you have ends up being about how perfect your life is, your life is in shambles. If your sex life is the best sex anyone has ever had, and you tell anyone within ear shot every time you see them, you're having mediocre sex, if any at all. If you have all the money in the world and your car/motorcycle/house/brand name clothes prove it - you are putting all your money into your image and eating Ramen when home without viewers. 

Same goes for those who shout obsessively about "others". If you can't have a conversation with a focus on anything other than "the gayz", chances are you're trying to keep your closet locked because you have a lot of self hate to deal with. If you are shouting about prostitutes, I can tell where you were last night and where the $200 went. If you're telling everyone you are the bestest Christian to ever Christian and your god rewards your every breath, you are doing damage control for some failings in yourself you refuse to accept so you have to make the failings of others "worse". 

Pretty much the louder you shout about anything, the more I believe you are hiding. And I've come to that opinion by seeing it time and time again. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
SPHASH

Fathers Day post up.  I thought every day was Father's Day in Maxhell.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
fundiefan

Every time Sarah talks of how her parents "invested" in their kids, I picture her on a pedestal, fully believing that no other parent has ever invested in their children. Ever. In any way. All other parents are just lazy godless heathens who birth children & think their job is done and now the kid raises itself. All because the mom & dad are too busy investing in themselves or the stock market or something. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
Jana814
2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Every time Sarah talks of how her parents "invested" in their kids, I picture her on a pedestal, fully believing that no other parent has ever invested in their children. Ever. In any way. All other parents are just lazy godless heathens who birth children & think their job is done and now the kid raises itself. All because the mom & dad are too busy investing in themselves or the stock market or something. 

I think she definitely believes this because Steve says so. She believes everything he says. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
Lgirlrocks

What stood out to me is she said nothing about him as a father. No thank you for working hard and still making time for family. No working hard and still making time for our interest. Oh wait I forgot the maxkids don’t have interest other than the Bible, chores, and adoring dad. 
my dad passed away 11 years ago. He was the definition of a christian that lived his life like Jesus. He worked two jobs and still made time for his kids. He was always helping others. He always let me help with with whatever project he was working on. He taught me to ride a bike, took me to basketball games and practices, the one year I played. How sad that she didn’t get the same experience. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3
Jana814
15 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

What stood out to me is she said nothing about him as a father. No thank you for working hard and still making time for family. No working hard and still making time for our interest. Oh wait I forgot the maxkids don’t have interest other than the Bible, chores, and adoring dad. 

Exactly that is their only interest!  They weren’t allowed to make their own decisions or have their own ideas because they knew Steve wouldn’t approve. 

• Upvote 3