IGNORED

Maxwell 48: The Maxwellhood of the Traveling Vest

Coconut Flan

41 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Yeah, that kitchen makes me twitchy. I'd need to rotate the island 180 degrees so the seating was on the other side, enlarge it to provide more work space, and move it closer to the wall with the range and cabinets, but there's no way to do that because of the thru-way to the next room. Love the deluxe cat tower (in the real estate ad) though.

I'm too stupid to find the real estate by myself, and this kind of detailed discussion makes me want to see for myself :(. Would it be okay to PM the info? If not, obviously that's fine. I have no desire to violate any rules.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 7

Wow!  Beautifully re-done home. I just searched his name even though it doesn't say you can do that. It looks really nice. I know it is staged for the sale and not their stuff, but still. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I'm too stupid to find the real estate by myself, and this kind of detailed discussion makes me want to see for myself :(. Would it be okay to PM the info? If not, obviously that's fine. I have no desire to violate any rules.

Same.  I've searched using name and city but nothing.

• Upvote 3

I love the shorts and long pants in the moving pictures.  I think Steve’s dress code has been trashed. 

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Yeah, that kitchen makes me twitchy. I'd need to rotate the island 180 degrees so the seating was on the other side, enlarge it to provide more work space, and move it closer to the wall with the range and cabinets, but there's no way to do that because of the thru-way to the next room. Love the deluxe cat tower (in the real estate ad) though.

Olathe has some beautiful homes (per Zillow).  It looks like a great place to live and raise a family.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Just search for the property owners name here: https://ims.jocogov.org/locationservices/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

On 6/7/2021 at 6:09 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, she is probably Nathan and Melanie’s last. The names go Abigail Bethany Christina Andrew Benjamin Deborah. I think the name Debbie is cute on her but I would have preferred a C name so it went ABCABC. Charlotte would have been cute.

Her middle name is Carol, so they kind of did both. They did similar with Andrew, who is nicknamed Drew.

They were surprisingly clever with their naming, for the Maxwells.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Her middle name is Carol, so they kind of did both. They did similar with Andrew, who is nicknamed Drew.

Definitely better than Chris reusing a name for his daughter. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Their naming convention is really a little odd. A-Z for girls, A-Z for boys it was just odd because of "Drew" but he was really the boy's A. Abigail Bethany Christina Andrew Benjamin Deborah. I still can't believe they hauled out "Debbie"--there's a pretty unique name for this generation.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

A la Erika Shupe. One year she’s posting a video shaming mothers for sending their kids to school, and within a couple of years later she’s doing the same. 

I know we've snarked pretty hard on Kristina (Arby's proposal) on here, but when she started wearing pants she was like, "I realized I was doing skirts only because that's what my parents said, and I didn't believe it was necessary myself, so I stopped." I had a lot of respect for that.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3

I just hope the day comes when the Maxwells out themselves as super liberal hippies who have had their entire internet persona as a piece of performance art. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 30

I wonder if the conversation went something like this:

Sarah: Dad, Abby’s parents are letting her wear pants now. Pretty please, may we wear pants?

Steve: Well, I’m not Abby’s dad; am I? Anyway…who is Abby?

I have always thought that Sarah, Anna and Mary lived the same life as their very young nieces - set bedtime, strict dress code decided upon by parents, answering to Mom and Dad for everything. Basically, the only thing they get to do that the nieces do not is drink coffee. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Wow!  Beautifully re-done home. I just searched his name even though it doesn't say you can do that. It looks really nice. I know it is staged for the sale and not their stuff, but still. 

Its nice they have moved into a house ready to live in. Maxwell is the family that built their own house and spent a lot of childhood time cleaning and doing maintenance I think? Good for him with his ready-decorated house and plain flat back yard. I hope they get on and have fun there.

• Upvote 11

On 6/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, freejugar said:

Honestly I never thought I'd see the Maxwell daughters wearing pants!

We've seen that their house is cluttered and messy, they pride themselves in busy useless work like dusting ceiling fans.

I've not seen that and would love to, kind of surprised they would post pics of any kind of imperfection, especially mess.  

19 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I love the shorts and long pants in the moving pictures.  I think Steve’s dress code has been trashed. 

Olathe has some beautiful homes (per Zillow).  It looks like a great place to live and raise a family.

Is that where they live?  I had family who lived there when I was a kid and I remember it as being a lovely suburb at the time.  

• Upvote 2

I’m afraid I have zero hope for Chris and Nathan moving 20 miles away from the Maxborg. They rely so much on the aunties and grandparents that moving away would make their lives harder. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m afraid I have zero hope for Chris and Nathan moving 20 miles away from the Maxborg. They rely so much on the aunties and grandparents that moving away would make their lives harder. 

For the same reason, I don't see either of "the girls" or Sarah being allowed to get married & move away. 

Sarah will take care of her aging parents & the girls will be sister moms / aunties.

Generation after generation after generation. I can totally see Mary & Anna being the "Gigi" next door for their brother's grandkids. No doubt in the same house. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

23 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Their naming convention is really a little odd. A-Z for girls, A-Z for boys it was just odd because of "Drew" but he was really the boy's A. Abigail Bethany Christina Andrew Benjamin Deborah. I still can't believe they hauled out "Debbie"--there's a pretty unique name for this generation.

It's not like they need a unique name...are they worried about her being one of five Emmas in her kindergarten class? Oh wait - she IS the kindergarten class!

Seriously though, Deborah in the Bible was kind of a badass. She was a prophet and judge (the only female judge mentioned in the Bible) so it's almost surprising that a family with the kind of rigid gender roles the Maxes follow would name a kid after her. That being said, they needed a D name, and there are only three that spring to mind - Deborah, Delilah (out for obvious reasons) and Damaris, who literally only gets a mention as one of the followers of Christ in the early church ("and also a woman named Damaris" or something like that - we know literally nothing about her except her name.)

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, Bethy said:

It's not like they need a unique name...are they worried about her being one of five Emmas in her kindergarten class? Oh wait - she IS the kindergarten class!

Seriously though, Deborah in the Bible was kind of a badass. She was a prophet and judge (the only female judge mentioned in the Bible) so it's almost surprising that a family with the kind of rigid gender roles the Maxes follow would name a kid after her. That being said, they needed a D name, and there are only three that spring to mind - Deborah, Delilah (out for obvious reasons) and Damaris, who literally only gets a mention as one of the followers of Christ in the early church ("and also a woman named Damaris" or something like that - we know literally nothing about her except her name.)

I only know one Damaris in real life. It’s a rare name indeed. But I’m kind of wondering if Pris and Pecan will use it since they use D for daughters. It’s Davia and Destiny already. They seem to like less common fundie names so maybe they will go with Damaris. 

• Upvote 8

On 6/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, Tatar-tot said:

Johnson County, Kansas (where I spent my educational years) is safe, clean, has a beautiful aboretum and some of the best public school districts in the country. It's been on some of those "top ten" lists before.

• Upvote 8

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I only know one Damaris in real life. It’s a rare name indeed. But I’m kind of wondering if Pris and Pecan will use it since they use D for daughters. It’s Davia and Destiny already. They seem to like less common fundie names so maybe they will go with Damaris. 

At the elementary school I work at there are 5 in K-6th grade. But we have a lot of other names that are rather uncommon. 

• Upvote 5

I looked through the post a few times. Looks like there is a photo of pretty much every family member BUT the homeowners ... passive aggressive much? (or am I missing it?)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, NoseyNellie said:

I looked through the post a few times. Looks like there is a photo of pretty much every family member BUT the homeowners ... passive aggressive much? (or am I missing it?)

That's Jesse with Nathan in the first pic. Jesse is holding a can of soda. Anna3 doesn't appear anywhere - maybe she's got a visible bump and they aren't ready to announce the blessing yet? That could be a reason. Or maybe she was too busy working to pose for pics.

Actually, this has me wondering - when I looked up the property on the link @HereticHick posted above, it showed Anna listed as second owner of the home. How many Maxwives are actually listed as property owners? Since it seemed to be practically a requirement of Steve that each of the boys buy their Debt-Free Home™️ before starting a courtship, I honestly wonder if Melanie, Anna, and Chelsy are even listed on their own home's deeds. (I suspect Elissa probably is, in the current house, since they bought the new home together after getting married. But I wouldn't be surprised if she was never listed on the deed for Joe's first split-level.)

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, Bethy said:

That's Jesse with Nathan in the first pic. Jesse is holding a can of soda. Anna3 doesn't appear anywhere - maybe she's got a visible bump and they aren't ready to announce the blessing yet? That could be a reason. Or maybe she was too busy working to pose for pics.

Actually, this has me wondering - when I looked up the property on the link @HereticHick posted above, it showed Anna listed as second owner of the home. How many Maxwives are actually listed as property owners? Since it seemed to be practically a requirement of Steve that each of the boys buy their Debt-Free Home™️ before starting a courtship, I honestly wonder if Melanie, Anna, and Chelsy are even listed on their own home's deeds. (I suspect Elissa probably is, in the current house, since they bought the new home together after getting married. But I wouldn't be surprised if she was never listed on the deed for Joe's first split-level.)

Isn't Nathan's house in Melanie's name only?  I read that here somewhere fairly recently.  

• Upvote 4

The link @HereticHick so kindly provided just isn't cooperating for me. Could someone pretty please PM me the link to the actual house listing? In exchange, I'll come and clean your ceiling fans for you, or wash down your kitchen cabinets. Or both! ?

• Upvote 4

I knew a Demaris when I was about 6 and one of the chefs who won The Next Food Network Star is named Demaris.  

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic