IGNORED

Maxwell 48: The Maxwellhood of the Traveling Vest

Coconut Flan

50 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The problem with letting god decide your family size is that you will have less control over each child. It would have been way easier for Steve and Teri to control the first three kids. But Steve had his godly reversal and ended up with 8. Just odds alone tell us that you are more likely to produce a rebel when you have 8 instead of 3. It was inevitable that some of the sons and their wives would do a few things differently. This will show even more in the mega families when all the kids are grown. By the time Josie Duggar is an adult, there will be more than just Jill rebelling. 

IMO, anyone over the age of 18 can no longer be considered a rebel when/if they make an adult decision that does not exactly dovetail with their parents' POV/values/opinions.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, anyone over the age of 18 can no longer be considered a rebel when/if they make an adult decision that does not exactly dovetail with their parents' POV/values/opinions.

I bet Stevie would disagree ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 7

I think Sarah would be married with a family of her own right now if it weren't for the reversals. Steve wouldn't have focused on 3 more boys getting married & buying homes debt free and neglected his daughter(s) prospects so completely and entirely.  Maybe god would have dropped a boy into Steve's lap for Sarah if he weren't preoccupied with the boys getting married. The dog & pony show most likely would never have existed as Steve ran away from the real/working world in what, 1997? When Sarah was already 16? Without the five reversals to parade around fundie churches & talking about Steve's scrotum, they would have had to come up with an entirely new schtick. And they don't strike me as original or creative. I also think maybe Chris could have become a paramedic like he wanted. Steve was so focused on how everything the family did looked to his audience - how he would explain things to his followers if he allowed something he preached against - basically, without that shit show, Chris may have been able to make a life of his choosing instead of scraping a living in Steve approved professions despite clear lack of skill. 

Basically, I'm pretty sure the three non reversals would have had much better lives if their father didn't have a direct line to god and decide to reattach his vas deference. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

That li’l Debbie is a cutie! Is she the youngest Nathan Maxwell sprog?  They could do worse than to wrap up with her! ❤️ 

• Upvote 10

43 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

That li’l Debbie is a cutie! Is she the youngest Nathan Maxwell sprog?  They could do worse than to wrap up with her! ❤️ 

Yes, she is probably Nathan and Melanie’s last. The names go Abigail Bethany Christina Andrew Benjamin Deborah. I think the name Debbie is cute on her but I would have preferred a C name so it went ABCABC. Charlotte would have been cute.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

My eyes about popped out of my head at the picture of Mary sorting canned goods...yes, it could be a skirt bunching awkwardly, but...also whatever Anna is wearing hugs the bend of her knee in a way I wouldn't think a baggy skirt would do, but the vacuum cleaner is in the way so I can't see the ankles to know for sure. And Sarah's selfie is from the waist up.

ETA is Calia wearing SHORTS at the bottom of the steps in the split-level?????

It would be nice if they posted about their change in beliefs. A lot of fundies who were super strict on dress a decade or two ago have backed way off so it's not like they're exactly trailblazers. I can respect someone who rethinks old beliefs and formulates new ones, but it's hard when they've been in everybody's face screaming against something so long and then just suddenly start doing it themselves with no explanation.

Edited by Bethy
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

Anyone find out where Jesse and Anna3 moved to?  Pray to Rufus it's no Leavenworth.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Anyone find out where Jesse and Anna3 moved to?  Pray to Rufus it's no Leavenworth.

Agreed. But the glimpse of the front yard out the doorway looks distressingly like the low-curb (or no-curb), sidewalk-free streets of their part of Leavenworth.  Hope not. 

• Upvote 10

I was also surprised that the box that Mary was unpacking was so disorganized. Not very Maxwellian to have spices mixed in with cans of baked beans, wadded up paper, and some prunes. Spices should go in the spice box, beans go with the canned goods, and the prune juice should be in the juice box. Plus there was a baking rack in that box! (granted, I totally get the "throw it all in there and we'll sort it all out when we get there" approach. It just seems to be the opposite of Maxwell life. I would have expected neatly packed and labeled boxes, categorized and presorted.  

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Agreed. But the glimpse of the front yard out the doorway looks distressingly like the low-curb (or no-curb), sidewalk-free streets of their part of Leavenworth.  Hope not. 

If it is Leavenworth it hasn't hit their county records page yet. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I was also surprised that the box that Mary was unpacking was so disorganized. Not very Maxwellian to have spices mixed in with cans of baked beans, wadded up paper, and some prunes. Spices should go in the spice box, beans go with the canned goods, and the prune juice should be in the juice box. Plus there was a baking rack in that box! (granted, I totally get the "throw it all in there and we'll sort it all out when we get there" approach. It just seems to be the opposite of Maxwell life. I would have expected neatly packed and labeled boxes, categorized and presorted.  

I think Maxwells are very organised AKA obsessed with schedules, but I'm not sure they are veru tidy. I have seen messes before at seniors home, plus Melanie and Nathan have a mess of toys and stuff in theirs. Anyway, if a move has to be done in 1 day, there is not time to put things nicely on boxes. And who knows, maybe Anna3 and Jesse are not good homemakers.

• Upvote 13

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Thank you! That’s encouraging. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Honestly I never thought I'd see the Maxwell daughters wearing pants!

We've seen that their house is cluttered and messy, they pride themselves in busy useless work like dusting ceiling fans.

• Upvote 12

8 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Their house is in Olathe, which is in Johnson County. I don't want to be creepy and post the deets, but it can be easily found on the Johnson County Government's site.

About 30 miles away from Maxwellvania!

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 17
  • Thank You 21

46 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Their house is in Olathe, which is in Johnson County. I don't want to be creepy and post the deets, but it can be easily found on the Johnson County Government's site.

Thank you! I really don’t care about the exact locale. But I very much care if it’s away from Maxhell! I’m so glad they aren’t all within a mile of Steve and Teri.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

10 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Also the cupboard she was putting the tins in looked filthy. I feel like the photo was quickly posed because she wanted something flattering rather than a random shot of carrying boxes up the stairs.

I bet she's courting or close to it.

• Upvote 8

About 4 miles from Joe & Elissa. 

Not in Leavenworth. More than 45 minutes from the fathership, according to Mapquest.

Weird layout but to each their own. It's outside the neighborhood compound Steve once tried to build in his neighborhood and that's all that really matters. Give those kids a chance at a life. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Posts like the last make me super jealous. I wish I had so many people help me move! We moved last year after my husband finished a grad program and did everything ourselves since finances were tight. I swore this would be the last time ever.

I grew up in a very controlling tight-knit church community and some days I wish I could trade back my freedom for all the help! 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Thanks!  As a rule I am not a big fan of the raised ranch house design, but have to say that I think their new home looks lovely.  The vaulted ceilings give it a lot of character and make it feel larger than it really is.  Bonus points for it's great location far away from Maxhell.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:
  12 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Of course! But Anna3 probably packed those boxes and she is only a Maxwell by marriage. She still has a lot to learn about schedules and organizing; being 30 minutes or so away from the Max Borg has probably interfered with her learning. Even little Tina knows how to polish cabinet doors.

42 minutes ago, treemom said:

Well.  I did not expect the pants in Mary.

I suspect, as others have, that they've been wearing jeans/trousers/capris/slacks/whatever at home for years. It didn't fit with their brand but once they realized they had accidentally posted photographs on their blog of the sisters-in-love and the nieces in pants, perhaps Steve just gave up and allowed them to wear them openly. The true test will be if Anna and Mary are allowed to climb the next 14-er in hiking pants.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I can’t imagine having to change my clothes every time I left the house. I know many do that ( house clothes vs public clothing), but the added laundry X x number of people would put me over the edge. Plus, I’d forget and then my cover would be blown-

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

About 4 miles from Joe & Elissa. 

Not in Leavenworth. More than 45 minutes from the fathership, according to Mapquest.

Weird layout but to each their own. It's outside the neighborhood compound Steve once tried to build in his neighborhood and that's all that really matters. Give those kids a chance at a life. 

Yeah, that kitchen makes me twitchy. I'd need to rotate the island 180 degrees so the seating was on the other side, enlarge it to provide more work space, and move it closer to the wall with the range and cabinets, but there's no way to do that because of the thru-way to the next room. Love the deluxe cat tower (in the real estate ad) though.

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, Bethy said:

It would be nice if they posted about their change in beliefs. A lot of fundies who were super strict on dress a decade or two ago have backed way off so it's not like they're exactly trailblazers. I can respect someone who rethinks old beliefs and formulates new ones, but it's hard when they've been in everybody's face screaming against something so long and then just suddenly start doing it themselves with no explanation.

A la Erika Shupe. One year she’s posting a video shaming mothers for sending their kids to school, and within a couple of years later she’s doing the same. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic