IGNORED

Maxwell 48: The Maxwellhood of the Traveling Vest

Coconut Flan

I am shocked at the amount of pants I am seeing! Not just from the inlaws now but even from the 'girls'! The tide has definitely shifted in Maxhell.

It looks like they bought a raised ranch style house that is so popular in Maxhell. I hope that isn't a sign that they moved back close to the mother ship. Since church members helped with the move I will hope they stayed close to where their apartment was.

Okay, FJ sleuths... let's find the house so those of us who love real estate can see the listing pictures!

• Upvote 19

By the looks of it, they bought a raised / split ranch. Just like he already had. Just like the Maxwells seem to be intent on buying. I hope it's not back in the neighborhood compound but considering every Maxwell from that neighborhood compound, minus Chris & his family, was there - I think they're just up the block again. I hope I'm wrong & they kept their distance. 

*Wait - if people from their church helped, maybe they didn't go back to the compound neighborhood. Their church is in Kansas City. I do like the church friend with the tattoos. I'm betting Steve convulsed. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 4

Not only pants! The friend from church (unloading the truck) seems to have full sleeves and legs tattoos. The girl behind him (his daughter?) wears shorts. I wonder if Steve and Terri feel some form of cognitive dissonance. Good, helpful, Christian people with shorts and tattoos! And Jesse and Anna asked them to help even though they knew the "Leavenworth Maxwells" would be present as well.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Most of the photos aren’t showing up for me! I got one of Melanie doing something with windows, and one of Joseph carrying some chairs up the stairs. 

21C48D22-9B31-49EF-8326-8C6CEF2CBEA0.thumb.png.df0fd84a694239c3237ce7de03b6e0b7.png

2C35947E-D1A2-4CB6-8981-28FE823BF62A.thumb.png.ca297a2155af441ded1c51bf54cb4a06.png

• Upvote 7

I know body scrutiny is bad, but I'm relieved to see Melanie doesn't show a bump. This, and the fact that she is working, makes me think she's not pregnant. Is she already 45? I hope she's done. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

It's a quiet blog title for them, they usually go more like

Jesse MAXWELL and Mrs Jesse MAXWELL in the latest MAXWELL DEBT-FREE Home

Poor things, someone will know their address and house price by dinner time no doubt.  ?

Edit - have they removed all the pictures with other people in them?  If I click on the pictures it shows a .jpg link but then reverts to the home page of the blog.

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 4

I think that pretty much everyone living with Steve, other than Teri, Ellie and Arnold, are now wearing pants. We can see Melanie and her family now wear them as well. The Maxwells will just never say anything about it directly. It’s a lot easier to show people wearing pants than to explain why they changed their standards that were so rigid for so long. I would bet a lot of what they pontificated on for so long has changed but they will never address it. They still have hateful beliefs but things like the dress code have just changed with time. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I think that pretty much everyone living with Steve, other than Teri, Ellie and Arnold, are now wearing pants. We can see Melanie and her family now wear them as well. The Maxwells will just never say anything about it directly. It’s a lot easier to show people wearing pants than to explain why they changed their standards that were so rigid for so long. I would bet a lot of what they pontificated on for so long has changed but they will never address it. They still have hateful beliefs but things like the dress code have just changed with time. 

They pay lip service to their adult children making their own decisions. Maybe we'll see if that is true, even a little, if the girls wear pants. I don't think they are - I haven't seen anything indicating so, but admit I may have missed picture / didn't look close,

If their adult children make the fully informed choice to live with dad & mom while adults, they should be able to make their own choices about their attire. But, again, I don't personally believe the girls are in pants. So far, only Chelsy & Nathan's family have been seen in jeans/pants That's still a lot of Maxwells who force their clothing standards on their spouses & offspring. 

• Upvote 8

Nice they had help, but…the times we moved when our kids were small, we shipped them to the grandparents. Kids seem like more a hindrance to the process. I think we’ve only moved it all ourselves, once. The rest of the time, we had movers to physically relocate the stuff and set up the beds etc… I prefer to pack my own stuff and have a company move it. The waste produced when a company packs and moves is incredible. One time when we did a cross country job relo, the packers wrapped up a half of box of spaghetti in like ten pieces of paper.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Look at all those tattoos on the church friend! I bet Steve was quietly disapproving all day. 

45 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I know body scrutiny is bad, but I'm relieved to see Melanie doesn't show a bump. This, and the fact that she is working, makes me think she's not pregnant. Is she already 45? I hope she's done. 

We can safely assume she’s done. She will be 46 in a few months. Any fertility doctor would tell her it’s extremely unlikely she will carry a pregnancy to term. Considering getting pregnant at that age is hard and miscarriage rate is 50%.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1

24 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They pay lip service to their adult children making their own decisions. Maybe we'll see if that is true, even a little, if the girls wear pants. I don't think they are - I haven't seen anything indicating so, but admit I may have missed picture / didn't look close,

If their adult children make the fully informed choice to live with dad & mom while adults, they should be able to make their own choices about their attire. But, again, I don't personally believe the girls are in pants. So far, only Chelsy & Nathan's family have been seen in jeans/pants That's still a lot of Maxwells who force their clothing standards on their spouses & offspring. 

I can't tell about Anna, but unless Mary has her skirt tightly tucked between her legs and wrapped around her knees she's most definitely wearing pants. It's too bad the change of clothing doesn't also come with a change of beliefs. 

I doubt they'l ever address this change and it wouldn't surprise me if they went back through the blog and retconned everything related to their disdain for women in pants. It's kind of hard to back-track after they spent so much time crowing about how they they can do EVERYTHING in skirts so what's YOUR problem. In classic Ministry of Truth fashion, they've always been okay with pants, they've never said anything about skirts only and we've always been at war with Eastasia. 

Edited by sparkles
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Nice they had help, but…the times we moved when our kids were small, we shipped them to the grandparents. Kids seem like more a hindrance to the process. I think we’ve only moved it all ourselves, once. The rest of the time, we had movers to physically relocate the stuff and set up the beds etc… I prefer to pack my own stuff and have a company move it. The waste produced when a company packs and moves is incredible. One time when we did a cross country job relo, the packers wrapped up a half of box of spaghetti in like ten pieces of paper.

There's a saying I've seen often but don't fully remember to quote word for word  but the gist of it was "you know you're an adult when you hire a moving company instead of calling all your friends & buying them beer & pizza". 

It certainly holds true for me. My last two moves, I hired movers. I did all the packing, but paid a few hundred bucks for movers to do the rest, from taking the bed apart to putting it back together at the new place. It took about 3 hours total to get out of one place and fully into the next. (I live in apartments, so it's not a big, full house/garage/basement/whatever that is being packed up). 

I haven't moved in eight years. I don't know moving prices now, but the last time I moved, it was completely worth the $300 or so I paid and I will not hesitate if there is another move in my future. 

Last weekend I watched as a neighbor family moved. They had been moving stuff at night for a couple of weeks and then did furniture & their garages last weekend. And it took all weekend. Literally the entire weekend - and then some, because even though Tuesday was the 1st, they were still emptying the garage that morning. Four full days of moving their stuff. And you could tell by the trucks & other people & trailers they were using that they cobbled together a couple hours here and a couple hours there from whoever they could find. It seemed not one person had a clue how to load a trailer / back of a truck. It was actually kind of painful to watch as I came & went throughout the weekend and they were constantly still freaking moving! And, we live in 2 bedroom apartments. It's not like that had a whole house and full garage and basement. They were just completely inefficient and had random help at random times. 

No thank you. Some things are worth paying for and moving is absolutely one of them. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 13

Luckily they are a young newly married couple without kids. Which means moving them probably wasn’t a ton of stuff. In a few years, they will have some kids and a lot more stuff. Kids come with so much stuff. We haven’t moved since having kids and I swear I would probably die from exhaustion of moving all their crap. 

• Upvote 11

If they'd returned to Leavenworth, there would have been much rejoicing on the blog.  My bet is on Overland Park or Olathe where raised ranches were being built like crazy when I lived in KCMO in the 1970's.  Good for them, perhaps they are ready to start a family.

I also think Mel and NR Anna are finished with 6 kids apiece.

Speculation here, but I thought Mary's hair looked especially nice and what I could see of her clothing was modest but contemporary and fit her very well.  Maybe her brothers are encouraging Steve to relax his rigid grip on at least one daughter.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

There's a saying I've seen often but don't fully remember to quote word for word  but the gist of it was "you know you're an adult when you hire a moving company instead of calling all your friends & buying them beer & pizza". 

It certainly holds true for me. My last two moves, I hired movers. I did all the packing, but paid a few hundred bucks for movers to do the rest, from taking the bed apart to putting it back together at the new place. It took about 3 hours total to get out of one place and fully into the next. (I live in apartments, so it's not a big, full house/garage/basement/whatever that is being packed up). 

I haven't moved in eight years. I don't know moving prices now, but the last time I moved, it was completely worth the $300 or so I paid and I will not hesitate if there is another move in my future. 

Last weekend I watched as a neighbor family moved. They had been moving stuff at night for a couple of weeks and then did furniture & their garages last weekend. And it took all weekend. Literally the entire weekend - and then some, because even though Tuesday was the 1st, they were still emptying the garage that morning. Four full days of moving their stuff. And you could tell by the trucks & other people & trailers they were using that they cobbled together a couple hours here and a couple hours there from whoever they could find. It seemed not one person had a clue how to load a trailer / back of a truck. It was actually kind of painful to watch as I came & went throughout the weekend and they were constantly still freaking moving! And, we live in 2 bedroom apartments. It's not like that had a whole house and full garage and basement. They were just completely inefficient and had random help at random times. 

No thank you. Some things are worth paying for and moving is absolutely one of them. 

And I thought I was the only one feeling that way...

It’s definitely true for my circle of friends - when we were all younger, no one would have hired a moving company. Everyone went to university or had just started working and had no money, so it was normal to just have your friends help. Now that everyone is older, has a family of their own, busy jobs and not much time to spare, none of us ask our friends to help anymore. We just know they’re busy enough with their lives as it is, and having someone professional organize the move is so much more efficient and absolutely worth the money. 

We will be moving apartments next month, and just sorting our stuff, packing and unpacking boxes will be more than enough work, without all the heavy lifting and screwing furniture apart and back together. I hired the same guys I had hired for my last move, and they did such a great job that I tipped very generously, simply because they were worth their money (and more). The job took them half a day - it would probably have taken me at least half a week (and lots of begging to have more than one or two friends show up at the same time).

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

On 6/3/2021 at 11:11 AM, Black Aliss said:

I am also in awe of Steve's ability to sit cross-legged that well. I need to learn his secret because I'm sure he doesn't do yoga.

Steve has been pretty active his whole life and I suspect that his fitness regimen has kept him pretty flexible. Yoga is great for flexibility but there are non yoga ways to maintain flexibility and I suspect that Steve has done those things.

I do think that practice goes a long way too. I am old but can comfortably sit cross legged (it is in fact my sitting position of choice). My SILs and husband can not. We are all about the same age and aside from my husband who is very fit all about the same fitness level. However I grew up in a culture where sitting crosslegged was the norm for all ages. My SIL and husband are from a culture where anyone past childhood did not routinely sit crosslegged and that makes the difference IMO. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I'm as old as Teri, there are tree stumps that are more active than I am and I'm a bit of a chunkster but I've always been extremely flexible and can still sit cross-legged/lotus position on the floor with no problem and I'm inordinately proud of this (getting up, however… ?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

When my sister moved into her house, she did a combo - she hired movers for the furniture and most of the boxes, but we did also do several trips with a caravan of all our cars and trucks to take some things as well, during the evenings the week before the official move day. Most stuff that had been in her garage, and mostly holiday decorations and stuff. 

I was very glad she hired movers for the rest. Her house is one level... except the craft room which is above the garage. The movers got so familiar with stuff that if they saw the word "Cricut" they just didn't even ask where to take it, it went upstairs with all the other Cricut machines and craft stuff. There were more boxes headed up there than the rest of the house combined, I think. 

If I was to move, I'd hire movers for the big stuff. I'd move some things myself though. My dolls, for example. I only trust my doll friends with them, and I don't have boxes for all of them. Most of their stuff can be moved by other people, though. They too much clothing and furniture, and other items. 

When my sister moved, I was stationed telling the movers where each thing went. When a friend of ours moved, she hand-drew a plan of the house and color coded boxes by room, which was helpful. When we moved our office I also color-coded things that went in my office. 

6 minutes ago, sparkles said:

I'm as old as Teri, there are tree stumps that are more active than I am and I'm a bit of a chunkster but I've always been extremely flexible and can still sit cross-legged/lotus position on the floor with no problem and I'm inordinately proud of this (getting up, however… ?

I can also do so, though I have to switch my legs around since they fall asleep. I recently read an article about being able to get up and down from sitting on the floor is an indicator of health or something so I need to do more of that I think!

• Upvote 9

30 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I can also do so, though I have to switch my legs around since they fall asleep. I recently read an article about being able to get up and down from sitting on the floor is an indicator of health or something so I need to do more of that I think!

To be clear, I can sit cross-legged, it's just that when I do my knees are now about 10" off the floor, and they didn't used to be. In some ways it's nice that my ligaments aren't as loose as they once were--other than freaking people out there is no reason for me to need to fold my thumbs across the backs of my hands. I can get down to the ground and back up again easily, unless I have skis on my feet, in which case forget it but that's on account of my thoroughly trashed knees. The big one, I've heard is being able to get out of a chair without using your hands. I practice that one multiple times a day.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The Intertubes seem to be telling me that Jesse and OfJesse had been renting in this apartment complex in Overland ParK: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12417-W-120th-Ct-APT-2121-Overland-Park-KS-66213/2102952283_zpid/

Good work. Do we know where the new house is? I imagine a baby announcement will follow pretty soon. I'm glad they got to enjoy just being a couple.

• Upvote 5

I can see more of the photos now. I think only two are missing, I’m still not getting the one of Mary that @Lgirlrocks posted. 

• Upvote 3

The problem with letting god decide your family size is that you will have less control over each child. It would have been way easier for Steve and Teri to control the first three kids. But Steve had his godly reversal and ended up with 8. Just odds alone tell us that you are more likely to produce a rebel when you have 8 instead of 3. It was inevitable that some of the sons and their wives would do a few things differently. This will show even more in the mega families when all the kids are grown. By the time Josie Duggar is an adult, there will be more than just Jill rebelling. 

• Upvote 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic