IGNORED

Maxwell 48: The Maxwellhood of the Traveling Vest

Coconut Flan

Speaking of Chris's wedding photography, there's a new wedding up! He was the photographer for Noah Hale's wedding to Abby Evans.The Bontragers were all there since it was their church. Chelsy and John were there. Jesse and his Anna were there, since she was a bridesmaid. I'm going to put this in the Bontrager thread too, but I'm also putting it here since Christopher took the pictures. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Speaking of Chris's wedding photography, there's a new wedding up! He was the photographer for Noah Hale's wedding to Abby Evans.The Bontragers were all there since it was their church. Chelsy and John were there. Jesse and his Anna were there, since she was a bridesmaid. I'm going to put this in the Bontrager thread too, but I'm also putting it here since Christopher took the pictures. 

How young is she? She looks 17. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

How has Christopher had so much experience taking wedding photos with so little improvement? I didn't see any trash this time, but again with the backs of people's heads, bad framing, awkward setups, and the filters. 

And the photos of women's backsides! I guess Chris is a butt guy, which makes sense, considering how his family is hyper vigilant about ankles, knees, and cleavage. 

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Seriously, she looks so young. 

• Upvote 10

Those wedding photos are dark and gloomy and some of them are weird. Who takes wedding photos of gel insoles stuck inside shoes? ? Oh I feel like a horrible person but I'm laughing hard. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I have no idea. He comes from the well-known Hale family, but I don't much about either the Hales or the couple.

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1

2 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

Those wedding photos are dark and gloomy and some of them are weird. Who takes wedding photos of gel insoles stuck inside shoes? ? Oh I feel like a horrible person but I'm laughing hard. 

I had to go back and look. Hilarious! And who takes a photo of the inside of wedding shoes?  Usually it’s one shoe from the side with the other balanced to show the top.

• Upvote 2

This picture looks like the bride was raptured before the wedding.

Spoiler

noah-abby-0101.thumb.jpg.7b2d48b2483c37391de0f97414a4bf1d.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

It's likely because she is wearing no makeup and her hair is hanging like a little kid's hair.  If you look carefully at her close-up pictures, she has wrinkles around her eyes. 

image.thumb.png.128088b0440100d4afbe74b3f68d1976.png

Edited by crunchycarrots
Edited to add picture.
  • Upvote 5

OK, why didn't someone tell her that her hair looked like crap?  It was her wedding day and IMHO I think she's a natural beauty, but her hair looks stringy,  greasy, and just hangs there. (I have a similar type of hair, curly but sparse, so it has to be arranged just so or it can look like hers.)   And for Pete's sake, why don't these people hire someone to style their hair for their wedding day?  It seems like so many of these fundies just fix their hair like they normally do for their wedding with a fancy hair clip in it.  Given that they esteem marriage so highly and value long hair in women, you'd think it would be something they'd be on board with. noah-abby-0681.jpg

Spoiler

noah-abby-0976.jpg

noah-abby-0625.jpg

Edited by Coconut Flan
Spoiler for multiple photos.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I wonder if she put a product on her hair to tame it but it just went awry because she doesn'y have eperience in using it.  It has that look of someone who put frizz-ease a bit close to the roots.  I think she still looks fresh-faced and beautiful though - and years younger than the bridesmaids (and her husband).

• Upvote 9

Sarah did the Mother's Day post. 

Because the Maxwells are the only people ever to have a mother that loves them and "pours' herself into them and "invested" in them. And still invests in them. 

I don't have a great mother, but I know many, many, many people who do. And many of them, from my perspective, soared over Teri's head in the motherhood department. 

Not one word about Gigi in the post, other than they had her over for lunch. Wasn't she a good mother to Teri? If it weren't for Gigi, there would be no Maxwells. 

Just another day in the bubble that is Steve Maxwell & his robots. 

• Upvote 20

Mothers Day recap post up.  Everyone was there except John, Chelsy, and boys.  Family pic minus Gigi which is sad but Joe, and Elissa weren't in it either however their kids were. Are those two really that camera shy.

IMG_8398.jpg

ETA Joe isn't in the whole family group but he is in the Mom, Dad, and sibs group.  This is just plain weird even for the Maxwells.

IMG_8405.jpg

Edited by SPHASH
eta
  • Upvote 8
  • Move Along 1

I honestly think Joe tries to keep himself removed from the fathership's crazy - online. Joe runs a business, with real people. He can't really have himself too tied to his father's crazy & expect the average customer to come to him for their online shopping cart needs. When Google is at everyone's fingertips, a quick search of any business, or person you're looking to do business with, is to be expected. 

Bethany's outfit is dangerously close to leggings & a tunic. Something a person "of the world" would wear to say, work. Or a bar. Or a movie theater. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

It's a bit odd for Terri to carry a bunch of flowers on an afternoon walk so I'm guessing Joseph dropped by to pick up his kids and met them out on the walk where he gave his mom the flowers, at the end of the afternoon. 

His legs look really little in skinny jeans. I bet his dad's head exploded trying to work out if Chelsy dresses like a man or if Joseph dresses like a woman in those skinny bum-enhancing pants.

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

A shame that Mary and Anna don't get celebrated on Mother's Day since they seem to do the most mothering out of just about anyone in that family.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

Anna Marie looks so modern and cute with the short hair. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Anna Marie looks so modern and cute with the short hair. 

I love her short hair. I wish she would keep it but I know she won’t.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

The first picture has an error in the caption— it says it was her birthday breakfast. Will Steve see it here and catch it?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wish all the girls could dress like this. Nothing immodest about it. 3EB7CF25-6356-4FD7-B727-08A953ECFC4C.thumb.jpeg.8674f6acc42159d9acb978ccb82df298.jpeg

ESCANDOLOUSLY short skirt underneath three (count’em) tops and full-length leggings on that Maxette. Steve! Yer slippin’!

• Upvote 6

3 cheers for Jesse and Of Jesse for making it to their first anniversary without announcing a little blessing on the way.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

13 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wish all the girls could dress like this. Nothing immodest about it. 3EB7CF25-6356-4FD7-B727-08A953ECFC4C.thumb.jpeg.8674f6acc42159d9acb978ccb82df298.jpeg

The one I really feel bad for right now is Abby. She keeps falling through the cracks as far as her parents loosening up on some of the rules. When she was a toddler, they used to add extra inches of [at least sort of mostly matching] fabric to the hem of her frumpers to get them to ankle length. For a TODDLER! Now, as her younger sisters (most notably Bethany) get to wear stuff that wouldn't be out of place in the local public school, Abby, who's had a growth spurt and might be starting to look a teensy bit more womanly, is stuck dressing like her maiden fundie aunts in baggy mid-calf skirts. And she's what, 12?

• Upvote 12

28 minutes ago, Bethy said:

The one I really feel bad for right now is Abby. She keeps falling through the cracks as far as her parents loosening up on some of the rules. When she was a toddler, they used to add extra inches of [at least sort of mostly matching] fabric to the hem of her frumpers to get them to ankle length. For a TODDLER! Now, as her younger sisters (most notably Bethany) get to wear stuff that wouldn't be out of place in the local public school, Abby, who's had a growth spurt and might be starting to look a teensy bit more womanly, is stuck dressing like her maiden fundie aunts in baggy mid-calf skirts. And she's what, 12?

I wonder if Abby chooses to dress like her Aunts. I imagine she idolizes them and tries to emulate them. She has no peers to try to be like so she tries to be like her Aunts. 

We also know that Nathan's kids do non Maxwell approved things with Melanie's family. I wouldn't be surprised if they dress differently for times spent with other people. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Mary's sweater is a full-on match to her skin tone!  I had to double-take there for a moment... :mindblowing:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, Maggie Mae said:

How has Christopher had so much experience taking wedding photos with so little improvement? I didn't see any trash this time, but again with the backs of people's heads, bad framing, awkward setups, and the filters.   

The only explanation I can think of is lack of classes outside of being a self taught photographer. I wouldn't be surprised if Christopher has never attended a single class and/or seminar since starting out. To make matters worse his Steve has done his best to keep his family in a tiny bubble. The thought of attending a class, even a Christian one, has probably either been knocked down by Steve or has never crossed Christopher's mind. 

8 hours ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

A shame that Mary and Anna don't get celebrated on Mother's Day since they seem to do the most mothering out of just about anyone in that family.

Don't forget Sarah, she pretty much got stuck with "helping" Teri with the family when Teri couldn't do it herself. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic