IGNORED

US House Of Representatives 3: The Dems Govern While The GQPers Genuflect To The Former Guy

GreyhoundFan

The Congressional Treason Clown Car® got turned away from a jail

Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Majorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) and Louie Gohmert (Texas) on Thursday were turned away from the D.C. Department of Corrections where they tried to visit accused Jan. 6 rioters.

Video shows officers, who said the group was trespassing and “obstructing entrance into this facility,” denying the trio entry.

A spokesperson for the D.C. Department of Corrections (DOC) told The Hill in a statement the trio showed up “unannounced with an unauthorized camera crew requesting a facility tour.”

“By doing so, these officials compromised safety and security operations at the DOC. Safety and security related to DOC’s facilities, staff and residents is a high priority and for that reason DOC has established procedures and protocols related to visits to its facilities. All visitors, which includes family members of residents, attorneys, and public officials, must adhere to the rules and procedures of the DOC,” the statement added.

I think they should've let Matty in.  Just not let him go back out.  Oh well, he'll have plenty of first hand experience as to what jail is like before too much longer.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

image.png.aa39e08d1535dae48793b85726f9576c.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Xan said:

It would seem to me that this is a federal fine and, like with unpaid taxes, you could put a lien against Clyde's firearm business.  Surely there are legitimate ways to get the man to pay what is owed.  

Given the "loss" of his federal paycheck is obviously not bothering him I would definitely go with all available options, and if liens on property and businesses would do it then why not?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Paul Gosar has been called out again by his own family. 

We now ask our brother, Rep. Paul Gosar, that same question. Although his colleagues in Congress and others in the media seem to only recently be paying attention, we have been aware of his unhinged behavior for years. We are therefore not surprised to see him heading down a very similar path to McCarthy's.

So, have you no sense of decency, Paul? Wasn’t it shameful and destructive enough when you:

● Falsely blamed the Charlottesville, Virginia, neo-Nazi march on an innocent, old man in a vicious anti-Semitic attack?

● Marched in England for convicted criminal Tommy Robinson in support of his hateful attacks against British Muslims?

● Backed the Cliven Bundy insurrection, when Bundy used an armed mob to defy officers attempting to enforce laws Bundy had clearly violated for years? (And doubled down on Bundy’s bigotry by failing to condemn Bundy’s horrible racist rant, although that rant was too much even for Sean Hannity?)

• Upvote 11

image.png.f5d274b5cc47f558d18c57ce6b209688.png

Cawthorn is a nasty piece of work.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 9

Qevin made a completely unfunny "joke" about hitting Nancy Pelosi to score points with a gang of BT donors:

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:40 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Why didn't anybody else think of this.

I'm sure everyone else in the US knows this is a bad idea even if it was possible. Pretty sure the concept has come up in more than one tv show, cartoon, movie, etc.

And aren't the R's the ones whose followers often re-post that ridiculousness on Facebook about how God did such a perfect job that if the earth was one inch farther from the sun the planet would freeze and if it was one inch closer it'd be too hot for life? 

I always want to ask them what happens when they stand on tiptoes, or sit down, or go upstairs...

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2

Yeah... our orbit is elliptical which means that in January the Earth is six million km closer to the Sun than in July.

Earth's closest approach to the sun, called perihelion, comes in early January and is about 91 million miles (146 million km), just shy of 1 AU. The farthest from the sun Earth gets is called aphelion. It comes in early July and is about 94.5 million miles (152 million km), just over 1 AU.

https://www.space.com/17081-how-far-is-earth-from-the-sun.html

It's still colder in January for us northern denizens :P

Anyway I love it that he wants the Forest Service to do something about the Earth's orbit. How? Poking it with tall trees?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Anyway I love it that he wants the Forest Service to do something about the Earth's orbit. How? Poking it with tall trees?

Aren't they too busy raking?

It doesn't sound like a Forest Service kind of job. NASA at best, but if he really wants it done I think he might need to speak to Superman or something.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

It doesn't sound like a Forest Service kind of job. NASA at best, but if he really wants it done I think he might need to speak to Superman or something.

When I was back in high school I asked in science class if there was anything that could be done to make Venus habitable.  Teacher gave a smart ass response that having a bunch of people run backwards on it would do the job.  

(I had ready one of those choose your adventure books before where humans used nuclear bombs to blast open holes in the atmosphere and then sped the planet's rotation up to make most of it habitable). 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

This was my reaction too.  I'll guess his crack comment came during a discussion of the impact of climate change on forest fires, which would mean he had the US Forest Service in his mind.  It also suggests to me that he knew it wasn't a realistic question and he was just playing the standard ( R ) blame game.

• Upvote 5

Cawthorn is such a nasty jerk:

image.png.1dff64422da3a8314fb66f6f702f4484.png

I love his wide stance. Did he take lessons from DPIAT?

• Haha 8

I didn't know that much about Cawthorn so I went looking.  (Apologies for those who are already caught up.)  He was homeschooled and was involved in the auto accident when he was 18.  His friend was driving on the trip back from Florida when he fell asleep and ran into the concrete barrier.  The vehicle caught on fire and the friend managed to get out and pulled Cawthorn out as well.

Cawthorn got $3 million from the friend's dad's auto insurance but still sued for $30 million.  The case was dismissed but, as far as I can tell, he's still appealing it.  He has told crowds of people that the friend left him in the car to die but admitted to the insurance company that it wasn't true.  He also lied about being accepted into the Naval Academy.  (He was denied entry.)  He spent a semester at Patrick Henry College making D's and then dropped out.  First he blamed a bad romance and then he said the accident gave him brain damage.  A number of coeds there accused him of sexual misconduct.

The only jobs he's had are a stint at a fast food restaurant as a teen and as a part time worker for Mark Meadows.  (He claimed he worked for him full time but that's a lie too.)

So, he's a liar, has been accused of sexual aggression, and isn't very smart.  He's a perfect fit for the Republicans.

Edited by Xan
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 8

Another one the Select Committee needs to subpoena. I’m looking forward to her testimony already.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

The "altar of wokeness"?  What does that even mean?  Somebody needs to explain to pea-brain that they're just trying to save children's lives.  He's just looking for more camera time.  I think Maddy is having visions of a long political future and he thinks that riding the rightwing hate train is just the way to accomplish that.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Has anyone mentioned to him that the "social, emotional, and psychological development" of children is generally negatively impacted by being extremely sick, watching their friends, family, and teachers be extremely sick and possibly even die, and maybe even feel responsible if they're the one to transmit it to others?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Maddy needs more attention.  Today he posted this on Twitter:

689588243_Screenshot(5855).png.91c2196bf410d5f45270e3e9113d956c.png

The responses were, predictably, funny.  Here are my three favorites:

Spoiler

399762834_Screenshot(5858).png.21de35acd96215e6adf8ac2fd579c163.png870355751_Screenshot(5856).png.71fccd0e41bffa7456e936d0ab057e7d.png1282787944_Screenshot(5857).png.1a5a92bc9e37362c5c9efa34819fb170.png

• Haha 12

I feel no pity for Crenshaw:

• Upvote 7

My word, Gohmert is one of the dumbest people around:

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic