IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I think I’ve figured it out. I think it’s chicken breasts baked in some sort of creamy or cheese sauce. Then there are baked potatoes cut in half. Butter is next to that. Then biscuits are after that. I also see a veggie tray in the very far right. 

That makes sense, but it skeeves me out.  No sour cream for the potatoes? The Maxwells commit crimes against food every day! And the butter - probably serving for the potatoes & the rolls, and that isn't enough butter for my family at Thanksgiving much less an entire wedding rehearsal group.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t hate on the food by the top layer. It might be better underneath. It’s probably just melted cheese on top. 

The way the serving spoons are just shoved in like that it gives an impression of not giving a crap about how it looks, although I doubt that's what they intended.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

That makes sense, but it skeeves me out.  No sour cream for the potatoes? The Maxwells commit crimes against food every day! And the butter - probably serving for the potatoes & the rolls, and that isn't enough butter for my family at Thanksgiving much less an entire wedding rehearsal group.

I like sour cream on my baked potatoes too. I think I would be ok with that meal. It may not have tons of flavor, but I’ve had worse. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

The Maxwells commit crimes against food every day!

Hope the dessert kept to the color theme there. Maybe it was tapioca or rice pudding!

Lovely rice pudding.png

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed formatting
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

How about this birthday blog wishing Lydia Leake a happy 28th birthday.- it's written by one of her sisters.

She is one of the daughters of the Leake family and runs the annual Spring100 walk from Shiloh Photography where fundies take on the challenge to walk 100 miles over several months, with special bible passages  for each day.

She won't be single for long!!

"Lydia also knows how to slow down and have a great time while making a great time for everyone around her. Lydia sings like an angel, plays the ukulele with a sparkle, and bakes up the most delicious cakes, pies, soups, and sauces! 😍🍜🍰 It’s a good day when she’s in the kitchen with an apron on.😉 Whether it’s her “9-5” job or cleaning the bathrooms or hauling 3 grocery carts through the overly crowded grocery store or getting out to grab vigorous exercise, Lydia works hard at the tasks the Lord daily puts before her with diligence + discipline and that, my friends, is encouraging to witness! 💕 Ahem, and because it wouldn’t be a post without a plug….😉 Lydia is currently single! So if you know of a good fella looking for a true GEM and beauty, send him her way! She’s a rare find and a true prize so he better not wait… that “currently single” status could change in a blink! 😘 Alrighty"

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

How about this birthday blog wishing Lydia Leake a happy 28th birthday.- it's written by one of her sisters.

She is one of the daughters of the Leake family and runs the annual Spring100 walk from Shiloh Photography where fundies take on the challenge to walk 100 miles over several months, with special bible passages  for each day.

"Lydia also knows how to slow down and have a great time while making a great time for everyone around her. Lydia sings like an angel, plays the ukulele with a sparkle, and bakes up the most delicious cakes, pies, soups, and sauces! 😍🍜🍰 It’s a good day when she’s in the kitchen with an apron on.😉 Whether it’s her “9-5” job or cleaning the bathrooms or hauling 3 grocery carts through the overly crowded grocery store or getting out to grab vigorous exercise, Lydia works hard at the tasks the Lord daily puts before her with diligence + discipline and that, my friends, is encouraging to witness! 💕 Ahem, and because it wouldn’t be a post without a plug….😉 Lydia is currently single! So if you know of a good fella looking for a true GEM and beauty, send him her way! She’s a rare find and a true prize so he better not wait… that “currently single” status could change in a blink! 😘 Alrighty"

I would be so mortified if I was Lydia!

• I Agree 13

From what I've seen from the past couple of years, each year has got more effusive and complimentary. It sounds a little bit  desperate for 28

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Elley Shaw and Micah Crevier are getting married on May 21st. They are new to FJ but they are interesting. The Shaws have a family band Citizens of Glory and the Creviers have a unicycling basketball dribbling for Christ ministry that was on America’s Got Talent. This is the second Shaw girl to marry and Crevier boy. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Shaws have a family band Citizens of Glory and the Creviers have a unicycling basketball dribbling for Christ ministry that was on America’s Got Talent. 

That may just be The.Best.Sentence I have ever read. Ever. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, Sops2 said:

So what GYM would my fellow FJers pick for her? A Staddon, Wissmann, or Waller come to mind immeiately.

I just read the blog post from Shiloh and it says she's turning 26, not that it matters all that much when your sister is trying to marry you off.  

• Upvote 2

Oops, she is indeed 26!

I'm mortified I called her an old maid of 28!!!!

Not quite on the shelf yet

I think a Staddon would be the  most suitable match - I wonder if she and James ( the Lenspiration photographer) have ever met?

Edited by Sops2
Matchmaking
  • Upvote 4

I've found an even better birthday advert for another sister Micah who is 35

This one is even worse!

""""And yes… believe it or not, she’s single too😘! SOooooo, if you’re a single gentleman who wants to travel the USA running marathons and looking for a lovely lady who is 99.98% perfect, look no further!! 🏃🏽‍♂️🏃🏻‍♀️ Micah’s the Gal for y… errr… maybe the gal for you! 😏 Feel free to order your Potential Courtship Application –$39.95 +S&H… Don’t miss out on the Cyber Monday 30% Off Sale happening today only! 😗 Sorry,😅 I have to do that at least once a year! 😉😉 All this to say, Happy 35th Birthday Micah!!💕   """"

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 15
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, Sops2 said:

*snip*

I think a Staddon would be the  most suitable match - I wonder if she and James ( the Lenspiration photographer) have ever met?

Bet they have. IMO James is like Jana Duggar at this point; if he wanted to be married, he would be. No doubt he's met every GYW that's been on the market any time in the last 10 years, but it still hasn't happened, so... Gotta be a choice,

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Oops, she is indeed 26!

I'm mortified I called her an old maid of 28!!!!

Not quite on the shelf yet

James and Lydia Bennett seem to work together a lot yet nothing. They are both single and I’ve  never seen a pic of them together that wasn’t platonic looking. I think there’s nothing wrong with males and females being friends. I just find it surprising since fundies frown on it. 

• Upvote 4

I get the vibe from James that his female friendships are strictly platonic, if you catch my drift. Donald seems desperate and bitter to be single but not James.

Assuming 5% of the population is gay, families with 10 kids have a 50% chance of having a gay child. What a sad reality for these fundie kids/adults. 

• Upvote 4

Edwin Morton’s registry lists April 8, 2022 as their wedding date. 

Keilah Jeub’s registry lists the wedding for Feb 22, 2022.

Spencer Holt’s registry says Feb 19, 2022 for their wedding.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

9 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Breezy Brookshire is in a relationship with a man called Stephen Higginbotham.

My inner 12yo is snort-laughing over what her potential married name could be! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Edwin Morton’s registry lists April 8, 2022 as their wedding date. 

Keilah Jeub’s registry lists the wedding for Feb 22, 2022.

Spencer Holt’s registry says Feb 19, 2022 for their wedding.

Edwin turns 21 in a week. Perfect timing. 😑

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2

On 2/11/2022 at 11:41 PM, SolomonFundy said:

Edwin turns 21 in a week. Perfect timing. 😑

Morbid curiosity wonders if she'll be as fertile as the other Morton wives, or if we'll be spared another Morton baby cannon.

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Morbid curiosity wonders if she'll be as fertile as the other Morton wives, or if we'll be spared another Morton baby cannon.

God. I just can't get over the rate they marry off their very young offspring. At least Edwin is almost 21. The 18-20 year old brides/grooms from that family are insane. Sam is all of 25 and has FIVE kids under 5. How insane is that? 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

Tomorrow is the wedding of Celia Craig and Joseph Mieczkowski in Ohio.  Her sister Anna Patrice Maxwell is a bridesmaid.  I haven't found any indicators of a livestream yet, so am hoping we'll get pictures soon after.  Curious to see if Chelsy Maxwell makes the trip or does the sensible thing like stay home with her littles.  The Bontrager family are friends of the Craigs but I think they are still on tour.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

can’t confirm this but apparently Lydia Mieckzkowski is engaged to Bruce Carlock and getting married in June. The website is empty and the family is usually pretty good about announcing engagements on Instagram but maybe they’re waiting to post some wedding pictures of Celia and Joseph first? https://www.theknot.com/us/lydia-mieczkowski-and-bruce-carlock-jun-2022/q-a

• Thank You 5

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic