IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

11 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Then why not marry on Saturday?

Sometimes I think these fundies must pick Fridays or other weekdays because they have such short engagements. But this engagement is much longer than usual. However if they are wanting to book a really popular place, then Thursday may have been the only time available. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Then why not marry on Saturday?

They're getting married in a major city on relativity short notice. Either no weekends were available in their desired time frame or they would have to paid an and a leg to get a spot.  I would have been shocked if they managed to snag a Friday or Saturday in May - this makes more sense.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, LanaBanana said:

They're getting married in a major city on relativity short notice. Either no weekends were available in their desired time frame or they would have to paid an and a leg to get a spot.  I would have been shocked if they managed to snag a Friday or Saturday in May - this makes more sense.

So many people have postponed weddings for covid, so venues are even harder to come by than usual. 

• Upvote 4

It's also much cheaper to get married on other days besides Fridays and Saturdays. My daughter is getting married on a Sunday. She and her fiancee hate late evenings so it's Sunday afternoon with the reception ending at 9 pm. It's saved us thousands of dollars.

• Upvote 12

On 1/19/2022 at 1:13 PM, Italiangirl said:

https://www.theknot.com/us/jeremiah-duggar-and-hannah-wissmann-mar-2022 found this for Jer and Hannah could the date be right? I seem to remember the Duggar usually putting wrong dates on their registry and getting married before the registry date...that would be pretty soon even for them!

She bought her dress yesterday so it might be very quick. 

• Upvote 6

Sullivan Alexander got engaged to a girl called Allison Beery in December. The wedding is on 22nd May.

Also, Susannah Richardson broke up with Josh Carrier a while ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, petrushka said:

Can't narrow it down to just one, sorry.  I'd have to say any Arndt, Botkin, Staddon, or Mueller. Next would be Jana Duggar, Hannah Girotti, or any Maxwell daughter.  Finally, Jodavid Seppi, Jonathan Girotti, and Timothy Rodrigues.

I would also be genuinely surprised if we had an intermarriage between any of the abovementioned folks.

I don't know, the youngest Maxwell daughter has been pictured very close to a non-related male student.  A marriage for Sarah would be shocking.  I give the youngest two a decent shot in the next few years!

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I don't know, the youngest Maxwell daughter has been pictured very close to a non-related male student.  A marriage for Sarah would be shocking.  I give the youngest two a decent shot in the next few years!

More than anything in life I want to see the menu for a Maxwell bride's wedding.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

More than anything in life I want to see the menu for a Maxwell bride's wedding.

Is that the family that gives each person one m&m?  I get confused.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Is that the family that gives each person one m&m?  I get confused.

How dare you question the Maxwell diet.  They get two animal crackers.  Each!   

This debauchery is then followed by a 7 part bible study on the evils of gluttony.

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/27/2022 at 8:56 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Will there be a Pepsi dispenser?

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Will there be a Pepsi dispenser?

A Pepsi fountain!

And instead of these...

Spoiler

il_fullxfull.284167234_1024x1024.jpg

I'm picturing these... going wild and containing 5 instead of the usually portioned 2

Spoiler

il_340x270.3012724585_tisu.jpg

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

On 1/27/2022 at 12:56 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think you already saw it(?). Didn't the Maxwell do the cooking at the Chelsy Bontrager nuptials? Sparse and bland is all I recall.

47 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

I think you already saw it(?). Didn't the Maxwell do the cooking at the Chelsy Bontrager nuptials? Sparse and bland is all I recall.

No, I think Chelsy had her family do the cooking for the reception. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Maxwell’s cooked for the rehearsal dinner. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, I think Chelsy had her family do the cooking for the reception. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Maxwell’s cooked for the rehearsal dinner. 

I remember seeing the food and going "hmm" and I know we snarked on it.. Maybe it was the rehearsal dinner 

Just now, Cults-r-us said:

I remember seeing the food and going "hmm" and I know we snarked on it.. Maybe it was the rehearsal dinner 

I think the dinner was taco soup and the dessert was a small cake and a lot of pies. I was surprised it wasn’t more because the Bontragers seem to always have tons and tons of food. They had way more food than some fundies. But I think I was expecting a huge spread because they are Bontragers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

Ouch!  Any event where you have Bontragers and the Maxwells are cooking there will be disappointment all around.  Bontragers are awful, but they can put out a spread.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

John & Chelsy's rehearsal dinner was "We served smoked meatballs over rice with brown gravy, salad, rolls, and brownies. When dinner was over, for those who were still around, we had a sweet time of prayer." Don't forget the prayer.

Joseph's was this. I can't honestly tell what it is. Lasagna? Casserole? 

rehearsal-2039.jpg

There is small picture of food that almost looks like a mini pizza for Christopher's wedding, but it returns an error when I click on it. It's in the Where to Begin on Oct. 24, 2010 post about their wedding. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

51 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

John & Chelsy's rehearsal dinner was "We served smoked meatballs over rice with brown gravy, salad, rolls, and brownies. When dinner was over, for those who were still around, we had a sweet time of prayer." Don't forget the prayer.

rehearsal-2039.jpg

There is small picture of food that almost looks like a mini pizza for Christopher's wedding, but it returns an error when I click on it. It's in the Where to Begin on Oct. 24, 2010 post about their wedding. 

We need a YIKES reaction emoji.

Presentation isn't their strong suit, I guess Steve doesn't even want food to be an eyetrap.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

rehearsal-2039.jpg

Beige? 

• I Agree 1

Is it weird looking at this all I can think is this is food which would definitely go gluugg when you went to serve it- glop

• Upvote 3

I can’t hate on the food by the top layer. It might be better underneath. It’s probably just melted cheese on top. 

I'm still trying to figure out what it is. Maybe some kind of chili or something? It looks like the brown piles next to it are maybe potato halves? So, maybe the trays are potato toppings? The rolls are definitely further down the table. 

Unidentifiable food bothers me. 

• Upvote 2

Ok I think I’ve figured it out. I think it’s chicken breasts baked in some sort of creamy or cheese sauce. Then there are baked potatoes cut in half. Butter is next to that. Then biscuits are after that. I also see a veggie tray in the very far right. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic